Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Diane Sue - that is so cool you and your youngest daughter celebrate your birthdays together :) So far, I like T25. It's a lot of fun and the workouts are short. I was dreading P90X2 this morning :( I need to finish all the dvd's.

I am so on the fence about Cathe's new workouts :( There isn't really anything new out there, like weight training/cardio. They are all the same, just have new names.I have so many dvd's I haven't done yet:( I haven't made it through all the ICE premixes or XTrain yet. Maybe I will sit this one out. I feel overwhelmed with the dvd's I already have. I love walking and it does wonders for my body. I wished Cathe would show clips before she announces her presale. It's a great price for the DVD's. How different are those dvd's from her others?

Belinda, they haven't even finished planning them out so I do not think there is a way to know much about them other than the question answer thing and presale description. The usual equipment so there is nothing new there. They are advanced workouts. So, I don't know. Maybe they will be new and more fun?? Who knows?

Belinda and you can see youtube clips for the some of the live versions here ( I also posted in your other thread):

- PHA

- PHA 2

- Total Body Giant Sets

- You Can Do Anything For a Minute

Belinda, they haven't even finished planning them out so I do not think there is a way to know much about them other than the question answer thing and presale description. The usual equipment so there is nothing new there. They are advanced workouts. So, I don't know. Maybe they will be new and more fun?? Who knows?

Diane Sue - I am trying to talk myself out of buying more dvd's :) I know they aren't even finished planning them out. The question answer thing and pre sale description, is giving me a fell I already own something similar. Although I love Cathe's dvd's, I don't need similar, more dvd's. I am trying to justify why I want those dvd's :p Or can I wait and rent them on Amazon later down the road? The idea for me is to downsize not add more dvd's and use what I already have:D I do think it's a great price.

Belinda and you can see youtube clips for the some of the live versions here ( I also posted in your other thread):

- PHA

- PHA 2

- Total Body Giant Sets

- You Can Do Anything For a Minute

Thank you, Laura :) This is amazing and very helpful! Do you like these workouts? How they compare to Cathe's other dvd's? At one point I have to stop buying dvd's :) I haven't decided if I want the dvd's, or rent them on Amazon, or try them later on down the road on Cathe OnDemand? I am so overwhelmed with all the dvd's I already have.

Belinda- Sounds like maybe you should wait on the Cathe series! I told myself this last night too.... they aren't going anywhere! On Demand is always an option too. I'm now contemplating that option too. Though I really like having the premixes on the DVDs.

I put my STS discs on Craigslist last night. I decided that as awesome as that series was I'm not going to return to it. Pre-order is such a game for me too - I have to watch daily deals for something to add-on to get the free shipping. :)

Hey girls,

T25 TB Circuit and P90X2 Shoulder + Arms is done.

Laura - thank you so much for the clips :) It really help with my decision :) I will pass on Cathe's workouts. They look very similar to her other circuit style workouts, IMO! I really want to go through all my dvd/with premixes first before I add more.

Doreen - I hear you :) I was thinking the same about OnDemend or Amazon :) My goal is to work through all my workouts and only keep the ones that make me feel good. Hope STS sells soon.

Have a great day and workout, everyone.

Last edited:
Today I started with Brook Benton's Kettlebody by Brook Cardio Kettlebell 31 minutes, 158 calories. I only used a 10 amd 15# kettle bell. There is a lot of swinging the bell at angles and I always have this fear of hitting my knees or something. It is not a favorite of the workouts that I have of hers. I think that I have mostly used the cardio yoga from this set. I then did Cross Fire Less Impact premix, 56 minutes, 336 calories and finished off with 21 Day Fix Extreme abs, 11 minutes, 50 calories. I generally do not have a lot of problems with the moves in that ab workout but the side plank hip drops and the plank with the arm raise and through are tough when done for a whole minute on one side then moving to the other for a minute. Total time was 98 minutes, 544 calories.

Laura, I have done some of those live workouts so I pretty much know what the workouts will be like. Maybe more polished with different music though :)

Doreen, I decided to wait on Ice which is the first time I did not preorder. I have just purchased one at a time. I am paying a lot more for them though and sort of wish I had pre-ordered. Also, I would like to have the downloads with the dvds (downloads do not have premixes) and that is way less than purchasing later. I am on the fence though with spending the money. I have time to think and see what funds I come up with :)

Belinda, from what I understand the T25 series other than Gamma are shorter in length? Gamma is pretty much around 30 minutes each with the stretch. I like the Gamma set. The one I did yesterday has you using weights even through the warm up which is pretty much what I expect because it feels like you are just jumping right into the workout. My favorite of Gamma is Rip'd Up.
My only problem is with on demand it costs so much you could almost buy one of the dvds. But, then you do get to try a lot of workouts if you do not have them. I pretty much have all but a bout 4 Cathe dvds.

Diane Sue - so far I like T25, they are a lot of fun. I will do Gamma next, I think it comes after Alpha? I don't think I ever made it through the entire Gamma set. Too many injuries to count :) You got a point on the on Demand. It cost a lot of money. Dammit! Now you putting the dvd's back into my head:p Great point! BTW, fantastic job on your workouts and burn.

Today I worked Body Max 2. Tons going on this week between my mom and DH's mom.

Belinda, I'm glad the youtube videos helped. T25 goes Alpha, Beta, Gamma.

Diane Sue, all of T25 cycles are about the same length. Each cycle is more of a progression. Alpha easiest, Gamma hardest.

I'm still on the fence about the new Cathe workouts. This is the first time in I don't know how long I haven't preordered right away. On the one hand, I'm sure that they will be more polished, better lighting, etc. And I do love my premixes. But it is hard with Live. I intend to have DH give me another year of Live for Christmas. I really like the live versions. Just don't know.

Doreen, I do that too with the shipping, but I have almost all of Cathe. The only one I still kind of want is Cross Train Express, which is on sale today. But again, I really don't NEED it either.

Great workouts everyone.

Oh - decisions, decisions! Laura- I do kinda want Cross Train Express too. I've signed up for ON Demand 2x. Once after ICE and once right after she offered it. I did CTX that month. Good workouts but for some reason I haven't brought myself to purchase them - even on a daily deal.

Dianne Sue- I too am realizing how much cheaper it would have been to pre-order ICE now that I am contemplating purchasing with my pre-order.

I have only a few Cathe workouts I bought and really didn't enjoy and don't plan on returning to. Slide& Glide, LIS total body tri-sets are the two that come to mind. I've also never connected with 4 day split's weight workouts. I love all 4 of the cardios so I'm ok not loving the weights.

After being at my Sister-in law's this summer and doing a couple gym classes I'm realizing DVDs are not a bad value. One bootcamp class that lasted about 40-50 mintues was $8 as a drop-in. So I figure $10 for a DVD - even if I only do it once - isn't that expensive in comparison. And I know I've done every video I own at least twice - sometimes more.

Oh- And my workout today.. I was at my daughter's soccer practice and snuck away to a little park close to the fields and did Ruthless "Drip". It s a fun little cardio workout with some abs at the end. Then I did ROKO's warm up as a "cool down" before I ran out of time and had to walk back.

Good morning,

My friend wanted me to workout with her today. We did Country Heat Basic Conditioning = 24 min + Wild Goose Chase = 28 min. OMG, those are so much fun and I am sweating buckets. I don't even like Country Music:D They are so much fun :)

I will be back later. Now I need to get my workout in :)

Belinda-you do come up with the most intetesting of workouts. Where ever did you find those?

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Today I did Ice Lower Body Blast with the blizzard blast, 65 minutes, 432 calories. I then did Muscle Meltdown Shoulders 16 minutes, 82 calories. I finished with 21 Day Fix Extreme yoga, 32 minutes, 106 calories. Total time 1 hour 53 minutes calorie total 620.
Shoulders giant sets 5 exercises 12 reps each
overhead press 20's rnd 1; 15's rnd 2 and 3
upright row 15's, 15's, 15's
standing side laterals 10's, 10's, 10's
front raise 15, 15, 15
rear delt on ball 8,8,8

Doreen, good for you sneaking off to do a workout :) I also have a few that I do not do. Once in awhile I will put one in and realize why I do not use them. Then there are those that I do portions of. There are very few Cathe's that I do not like though.

Belinda, I looked at those workouts with Autumn and thought it would be more of a dance type workout. So, you thought they were fun? Is the choreography confusing? I saw there is another workout series coming out from Beach Body with Jerico and a Male instructor. I am sure it will be awhile before they are done though. How is the abs work on T25. There is not a separate ab workout on the gamma phase. It just sort of works into the rest of the workouts.

Laura, the one thing I liked about the live workouts is that there was something new to look forward to.

Diane Sue - Country Heat is a dance workout. She does break it down. I love the workout, so much fun. My DD did it with us this morning. She loved it too :) You can read up on the set here :http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=214922&page=24
I also so that BB is coming out with another set :) The ab workout on T25 was pretty good. I felt it in my lower abs. I also love all BB workouts have a modifier. Once I am done with ALPHA, I will do Beta than Gamma. So far, I really like the set!

Doreen - I also have a few Cathe dvd's I don't like.

This morning I did Lean Legs & Abs, timesaver premix 1. I remember when this one came out being disappointed it was "easy" but its one that I'm always surprised that I grab as often as I do. Fun compound movements and less dread factor than some of her other lower body work and a great ab section with a song buried in there that I love and can never figure out what it is! I always bump up the weights though.

Still haven't pre-ordered!! Watching those daily deals for something to add on. :D

Good afternoon,

I walked 5 miles, did X2 Base and Back (it was basically pull ups/chin ups + Pliyo) and T25 Lower Focus. T25 Focus Lower was great bodyweight workout.

Dorren - I hope you find something on the Daily deals :)

Diane Sue - have fun with your workouts today.

Laura - hope all is well. Thinking about you.

I will see you tomorrow. Have a great day and workout.

Today I have had two grandchildren here so I did a shorter workout. I did the Ice Low Impact Sweat Step Mish mosh all step mix, 37 minutes, 262 calories. I also did Ice core 2, 14 minutes, 51 calories. Total workout was 52 minutes, 317 calories. I should have Kelly Coffey's live workout coming in the mail any day. I held off on kickboxing today since I am expecting it.

Doreen, I have went back to Lean Legs and Abs quite a lot. I like mixing it up with Great Glutes. I felt the same way at first about them being easy. I add some extra weight and on some of the standing barre/chair work that do not use any weight I use a dumbbell held on my leg or wear ankle weights. On the one that uses a dumbbell I use a 10# dumbbell. I do not find any dread doing those workouts.

Belinda, the dance workout does look like it could be fun.

Laura, I hope things are going well for you and your family.

I hate to even say how my week is going. I am going strong everyday since the moment my eyes open until I fall asleep. There has been no down time and NO time for a workout.

On the plus side, my mom has come home from the rehab center. She is in a wheelchair. The ortho surgeons office is paying out of their pocket for 9 hours a week of home help. The help will do anything from scrubbing floors, bathrooms, laundry, etc. I believe that they are hoping we do not sue them. There is some debate if they caused the fracture of the femur. And of course then they wouldn't listen to my mom and said she just had a groin pull and they made her walk on her leg in rehab. Mom is so very happy to be home again.

On my DH's side, I think he has had two quick meals since Monday. He comes home tomorrow and I think he is going to just fall over. I have been providing phone and computer support for him and his brother each day. His brother has started to call me Abby like in NCIS. DH has moved heaven and earth this week. His mother was still fighting on the assisted living center, waffling back and forth. Her dementia was really, really bad this week. I don't know why but he put me on the phone with his mom and she got pretty good again. After she got off the phone with me she said she wanted to move into the center. He literally got her and her furniture moved in in one day before she could change back. I swear that there were 400 forms to fill out. I was working with the center as much as possible to free up DH. The center is just beautiful, it is really like a 5 star hotel. And the people are lovely. She will be well taken care of. His brother who we have been working with this week will be flying out next week to finish up items. And then I will be going down at the end of the month. I will be in charge of purging and cleaning the house. We need to be able to get it on the market. In Florida, you want it on the market in the fall for snowbirds. DH's other brother is coming home from the hospital today. His cousin who lives there will be back Saturday. So we will rotate through for a month and try to get things done and her settled.

I want to thank you all for thinking of me and my family during this stressful time.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.