Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Good afternoon,

I did LS Leslie Sansone - Walk It Off Tone It Up 5 Mile + PiYo Bonus Turbo Fire : Low HiiT20 and PiYo Sculpt.

Diane Sue - Brawler isn't good in water. He hates the water. He does really good, I am proud of him :) I have to modify some of the moves in PiYo too. I hurt my back 2 weeks ago, it's still bordering me. So far, I like PiYo and CXT. I think what happened the other day, DD worked out with me and I told her get the dvd in the dvd player. I think she took the wrong one out? Maybe? I saw a lot of similar moves in all of the dvd's? Maybe I am confusing myself :( LOL! Good job with all your workouts.

Did you girls hear? Cathe is coming out with new dvd's? I hope they are not to high impact like all there other dvd's? My body can't take all that jumping anymore :(

Good night, ladies

Belinda, my low back and right hip have been bothering me lately. It started when I hoisted one of those 35 bottles of water packs from Walmart up and over into the back of the car. I think I twisted or something because I was having a hard time standing straight and walking when I got home. Then I was thinking it was better and made it act up again when I was doing get ups with the kettle bell from Amy's workout and also the roll back with the medicine ball and come up to my feet. I should have just give it up for now. I know if I be careful it will go away. I have done this sort of thing before. If I remember right some of those workouts on Chalean Extreme have you doing shoulders and legs more than once and are similar. It has been awhile since I have done them. Yes, I did here that Cathe was going to make new dvds. I think someone mentioned the announcement might be during the Road Trip.

Today I worked out instead of the usual rest day. Just a quick workout of Ripped With Hiit Low Impact #1 scrambled pre-mix 7, 29 minutes, 200 calories. I also did the fist 10 minutes of budokon flow and flexibility skipping the meditation but doing the spinal warm up.

Diane Sue - OH NO! Please, be careful. I think I done something similar with my back. In my case, I did a twisting move and pinched something in my back :( I am very careful with twisting moves. Doing lots of stretching seems to help.

Hi all! Just checking in. I did a 20 min metco by Jillfit "monster circuit" this morning followed by 10 mintue torcher "arms and abs assault". Good upper body combination between those two - I'll have to remember that combo!

Did everyone see Cathe's new series? Thoughts? I didn't pre-order ICE so I'm really thinking about these. Or I could do the same thing as before and sign up for one mo on demand to check them out. Looks like maybe stuff she's gotten good reviews on from Cathe Live that will be polished and put to DVD??

Today I did High Reps, 65 minutes, 260 calories. Such a lousy calorie burn for all of the sweating and work I put in. I went a bit heavier on most of the moves. I then did Body Max 2, just the power circuits and stretch, 34 minutes, 227 calories, heart rate avg. 121/ max 155 .

Doreen, I did recognize the workouts as ones that everyone seemed to really like from the live workouts. I think that they will be good. The price is not bad for them if they are pre-ordered. Now, I am rethinking what I might want to do with my birthday money this month. I did have a couple of the Ice ones that I kind of wanted though and was waiting for some birthday funds. I guess I will wait and think about it. I read on Video Fitness some complaints already. No lower body by itself workout. I would imagine there will be a lower body premix on a couple of them though.

Belinda, Piyo Core is a pretty tough core workout even though there is no weights in it. I try to be careful of quick jerky twisting moves and weighted twisting moves when working out.

Diane Sue - X2 Core was tough one. I was careful with all the twisting moves. I went slower than the cast :) The last time I did moves like hat I hurt for over 2 weeks. Good job on HR. I never get a good cal burn with those kinda workouts. I sweat like crazy :)

Good morning,

LS Ultimate Power Walk (6800 steps) = 55 + P90X2 Plyocide is done. Plyocide was tough :( I had to modify some of the jumps. I do like that he uses the foam roller and it had a nice long cool down/stretch.

Have a great workout and day everyone.

Today I had lots of interruptions . I started one workout and got through part of the warm up and was interrupted so I changed my mind on the workout. I ended up doing Kelly Coffey Cardio Kick again. I really like that workout a lot. This was 71 minutes 497 calories. I did the kneeling ab workout but this time just used a rolled up mat under my knee and 2# dumbbells. I tried the bosu but it did not feel right. Kelly uses what looks like a half of a foam roller (flat on the bottom) I had started an ab workout and stopped when my grandson came over to see what we could do about his mail. Had a protein shake for lunch with me:D

Belinda, I really did like the warm ups and cooldowns on P90X2. I have used some of the moves on my own. It did take more time and made the actual workout rather short but, it was really worth it. I had a dread of Plyocide. I am the same way the the Plyometric workout on Hammer and Chisel. Maybe it is because that is when I felt my rotator cuff. I was glad that it was not incorporated into the rotation too many times. When I looked at the just hammer rotation they had it once every week. You got in a good amount of steps. It will be fun when I get my Fit Bit Blaze to share there :)

Diane Sue - thank goodness, I am only doing each workout in P90X2 once :p My knees can't handle all those jumps. I had to modify the heck out to those jumps, lol. I can see how you had a dread of Plyocide :p I would too!

Over the past two weeks in between our various crisises, I worked on cleaning out a portion of the basement. Was finally done yesterday and was able to move the mattress off my puzzle mats. (By the way, there is plenty of other spots in the basement, but DH's business is in part of it, and his car parts, tires, etc. For his muscle car takeup the rest.). Today I did the cardio blast premix of body Max 2. I know that one so well I like to use it as a baseline. Did better than I thought I would. My batteries for my HRM went out so I had to go without. Just got the new batteries this afternoon.

Mom is doing much better emotionally. Her delirium is over. Her mood swings have settled down. She really likes the woman who does her pt twice a day. They are having her use weights (first time ever for mom) on her upper body. She needs to build UB strength since she can't put weight on her one leg for still over 6 weeks. She has to be able to transfer to the walker, wheelchair, etc. She is no longer crying every day about being in the rehab center and going home.

I booked my DH on a flight for Florida next week to help out with his family. So much going on. We have to divide and conquer. His other brother lost his job yesterday (he is in AZ).

Good workouts everyone. I only have P90X, never 2 or 3. I tried at one point to ask for a library loan to check them out, but was denied. I have a lot of KCM, but I don't know about Cardio Kick.

Will most likely get the new Cathes's as I'm sure they will be great. Hope they are different enough from the live versions.

Have a good day.

Good afternoon! This morning I did another jillfit 20 minute workout (I'm doing the 20x20 challenge for the month of August she is hosting for free on line- so why not!) This was lower body focused and I'm going to feel by glutes tomorrow!!

I've never done P90X 2 or 3 either. After P90X I just swore them off. I so hated P90X I sold it. Right now I can't remember why I disliked but it just seemed so sub-par to STS... oh and an hour of yoga?!? Ugh.

I'm really on the fence about pre-ordering the Strong and Sweaty series. Someone in another forum commented they were her favorite Live workouts - so I think that's what they will be. So then I could get Cathe Live and test them out to see if I liked them before ordering. I do like that she is moving away from body part splits to full body workouts. I guess I just don't want more unused DVDs lying around but I hate to miss anything Cathe. I didn't order ICE and now I regret! But I love some of the other stuff and there just aren't enough days in the week to fit it all in!

Doreen - I feel the same way about Cathe's new workouts. I think it would take me a few years to go through what I already own. I also like mixing other instructor with Cathe. I get bored doing the same stuff over and over again. I am afraid the high impact would kill my knees. One of the workouts is like a IMAX. I haven't gone through all the ICE workouts yet and Cathe is already coming out with another series :( Maybe I sign up for Cathe's live for a month to try the new workouts. Not really interested in the spin bike dvd. I don't have a bike :(

As far as, P90X goes. I love P90X3. The workouts are only 30 min, he has a modifier. The workouts are fun! I done P90X original a few years back. I don't mind doing an hour yoga :) Love yoga.

Laura, I am so happy that your mother is doing better. That makes it better for all of you. Good job with the workout. I have done that Body Max 2 many times. It really does help at times when we do something that we really know. It seems like a lot of basements become a place for storing stuff that a lot of us would be putting in our garage. My Dad had so much stuff in his basement. I could use a basement or something. Our garage can only hold so much with two cars in it. The attic is only over the garage and they will not allow a storage building in back of the house that stands over the fence. That is one of the disadvantages to a HOA and town homes. We had a large shed that we had put money on and then found out we could not have it here.

Doreen, I did a 90 day rotation of P90X when it first came out. It is where I found that I liked yoga. I did do some other lower body work and cardio with it though. Since then I have only did a workout once in awhile. Not for a long time though. I was never truly inspired by the cast. I think since though they have hand picked athletic people for the workouts. P90X 2 is pretty good, there is lots of balancing moves on it. I did have problems with my knees on that one though. That was before the surgery came about. Trying to balance with med balls and those side plank things etc.. were hard. All in all it is pretty good though. I think better than the first one. I am not sure that I have done all of my P90X3 workouts. I think maybe I have but I have not done them as a rotation. I got them because I thought the short length of time and using only dumbbells would work well for me when we stayed at our daughter's house. I think P90x 3 is a bit different. Short like Belinda says. There is one that is yoga moves and balances nut you are holding positions till your muscles feel exhausted. Not a calorie burner but good for strength and balance. I have used the yoga from it a lot. I like the lower body weight one. The warrior is quite challenging and different. If you get a chance to try them you might like them. My biggest problem with Beach Body is they put their workouts together in a cheap way and there are no premixes or options. It is sort of like a video tape when you only want to use part of the workout. I think that they are over priced. But, I do not hate the workouts. I tend to like the deluxe workouts best our of the sets they put out.

Belinda, I mix instructors all of the time too. They each have their own style and it makes for a nice change. I once had a rotation I put together using the original P90X but skipping portions that I did not like and blending them with some Amy Bento and Cathe.

After I found Cathe she was all I did for several years. Then I began to feel "bored" and started checking out other instructors, other styles of workouts. Everyone brings their own little twist to a workout. I think there is something to learn from everyone. Different moves, different pacing. Just depends on what your goals are.... sometimes that's the hardest thing to define and then find the rotation to fit!

This morning I did hill sprints for my 20x20 challenge. 8 rounds x 20 seconds each. Add warm up and cool down (walk home) for a nice morning outside!

ood afternoon,

This morning I did LS Miracle 4 miles and P90X2 Recovery + Mobility= 58 min. Tony made me laugh :) Lots of foam rolling in that one. Also I like it, it was slow and controlled. I didn't felt rushed with the stretches. I need to use my foam roller more often.

Diane Sue - I totally agree. Each instructor brings something new and have their own style. I do enjoy them all in their own way. I don't think I will be doing a P90X2 rotation anytime soon. I think going once through the workouts is enough, lol!

I will see you all in the morning. Have a great day and workout,everyone.

Today I did two Cathe Lives, Get Steppin and Step On It. My back is still acting up quite a bit. I had to pause between combos and add in extra back stretches. Still have been avoiding lifting too heavy. Even taking just the garbage out this morning was too heavy for it. I'm keeping it low impact. Got my HRM back working.

I agree that I like a lot of instructors (and have a lot of DVDs). Each are unique. Haven't really done anyone else but Cathe this year, mostly because of the live workouts. There are so many and it makes me feel like I need to get my money's worth.

Diane Sue, thanks, it is so much better now that the delirium wore off. It took almost a full week. We were beginning to wonder. At least we can think about DH's family. His terminally ill brother has now been hospitalized. The cancer is in his thyroid, lung, back, and his leg. I've booked DH's flight and coordinating with his family.

As always, great workouts everyone!

Laura - I am so sorry to hear about your brother :( You just don't get a brake, hah? (((HUGS)))) My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Belinda, thank you. No, this has been so much at once. There has been no time to recover from one thing to the next. Again, thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.