Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Today's workout was Ice Low Impact Sweat warm up and workout 1 and stretch, 28 minutes, 174 calories. I then did Pyramid Upper Body, 57 minutes, 250 calories. I finished with Shiva Rea Power Yoga Flow, creative roots segment, 13 minuts, 41 calories. Total time was 98 minutes and calories burned 465.
Pyramid Upper weights 12,10,8,10,12 reps each exercise

chest fly 15, 20. 22.5.30,15
alternated with chest press 15,20,22.5,20,15

pullover 17.5, 20,25,20,17.5
dumbbell double arm rows 17.5.20, 25, 20,17.5

rear dumbbell delt flies 5,8,10,8,5
side lateral raise 5,8,10,8,5
front raise 5,8,10,8,5

double arm kickbacks 8,12,15,12,8
overhead dumbbell press 15,20,25,20,17.5

hammer curl 12,15,17.5,15,12
bicep curl 12,15,17.5,15,12

Laura, how long has your brother in law known he had cancer? You and your husband have so much rough stuff going on. I will keep praying for all of you.

Doreen, it is also nice to use other types of equipment like kettle bells, Bosu, TRX. It really helps change things up. Nice sounding outdoor workout today.

Belinda, 90X2 recovery and mobility is a nice workout. Tony gets into his foam rolling :) I like the mix of rolling, mobility, and some yoga moves.

Diane Sue, he had thyroid cancer over 20 years ago. He underwent surgery, radiation and all that. We did not know until this last week that he was ill. He did not tell anyone and has been hiding it. He called my DH and the other brother and told them he was saying goodbye and putting his affairs in order. He still has not told his mother and we are all telling him we need to let her know. My DH also needs to see the lawyer with his mom when he is down there as the brother who is ill has her POA. Everything is a mess right now. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

Hey girls,

P90X2 Total Body + X2 Ab Ripper (that one was tough :( and Rock'n Sock'n KB premix #1 is done.

Diane Sue - X2 Recovery and Mobility :) That one was really good. Not sure, about the rest yet :eek: Tony cracked me up today, he was talking about a avocado green carpet:p He is so silly. I am sure, someone with a avocado green carpet didn't like his comment.

Laura - still keep you and your family in my payers!

Doreen - what workout have you planed today?

See you all in tomorrow. Have a great day!

Today I used the rebounder. Both Kelli Roberts URX-MT workouts skipping the warm up on the second one. Maximum Metabolic Intervals using 3# sand weights and switching to 3 dumbbells for hand comfort, 48 minutes, 286 calories. Poly performance, Metabolic Plyometric Circuits, 48 minutes, 302 calorie. Total time was 96 minutes, calories burned 588. The second dvd kept freezing up at the last. I took it out twice and cleaned it off I cannot see anything on it. will have to try it on a different player.

Belinda, is one of my done a lot favorite ab workouts. My favorite of the P90X type workouts is P90X+ abs that has the hanging leg raises in between the other stuff. I like doing ab work. Years ago when I did daycare I would save abs and floor leg work to do during naptime in the living room. I would spend a half hour or more just on that. I used to do that cross train express all the abs segments mix and add weights to it all of the time.

Last edited:
Diane Sue - it was tough but very good ab workout. Now I have to check out P90X+ abs. Ab is my least favorite :( I like stability ball abs, it's puts less stress on my back. Nice workouts today.

Today I did two Cathe Live workouts, Step Sweat and Rock It Sock It. I modified both to low impact and have to take breaks and add in back stretches.

Good workouts everyone and again thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

Belinda, sometimes stability ball moves like the pikes can feel stressful on the back. At least I find that when I am having low back issues.

Laura, those are both fun workouts from the live workouts. That made for a good workout. I hope everything goes well with you.

Good morning,

Ellen Barrett: Super Fast Body Blast = 30 min and P90X2 Yoga is done.

Diane Sue - I modified the stability ball moves, like the push ups/hand slaps:( I was afraid I am gonna fall on my face. Some moves in P90X2 don't look safe, IMO!

I will do a walk later.

BBL!

Today I started with Kettlenetics Cardio Balance, stopping at 25 minutes with the windmills and completed the windmills and floor/core work after Pyramid Lower Body. Kettlenetics total time is 47 minutes, calories burned 241 calories and Pyramid Lower was 53 minutes, 250 calories. Total time 1 hr 40 minutes, 491 calories.
Lower Body Pyramid weights
12,10,8,10,12 reps
Leg Press 35# bar;20# pair dumbbells; 25# pair dumbbells; 20's; 35# bar (I do not like trying to balance a barbell when it is heavy on leg press)
static lunge 40, 50, 60, 50, 40 (I can't believe 6 years ago I did this with 60,70,80# 6 years ago before surgery)
Squat/plie squat 45,50,7o,50,45
Deadlift 45, 55,70,55, 45
calf raises body weight (I used to use dumbbells for this)
Floor work I added 3# ankle weights on the outer thigh raises with the stability ball.
Kettlenetics they use an 8# kettlebell. The smallest I have is 10 so that is what I used
Floor/core work was 2 sets of push up row alternating arms, half Turkish get up, Russian Twist feet off the floor
2 sets side plank drops with the kettlebell moving from floor to overhead (this does keep one knee on the floor, pullover leg drop both
I hope my descriptions are understandable. I always liked this workout. No jumping around the room. Usually I get a better calorie burn from it, but I did split it. I was afraid I would burn out before I started the Pyramid workout.

Belinda, I think that we all have to know what is not going to work for our body imbalances and mechanics and make changes. I was watching Cameron Shayne on You Tube the other night. He is the instructor from budokon. He does some awesome flows that almost think of a dancer doing martial arts, animal moves, and yoga sort of blended together. He seems so agile and flexible and has a lot of strength.

Today I did a premix of ICE LI Sweat where you double up and end up doing cardio 1 & 2 twice. Back was not as achy today working out. Not sure if it was the workout or if my back is better. Still can't lift more than 3 lbs. I've been using my tens unit. Maybe that is helping. The thing that gives you electrical stimuli.

More bad news, my DH's cousin who lives 5 minutes away from his mom and has been helping out with the assisted living home just called and her mother in law just passed away. She won't be down there now while DH is there. They were asking my brother in law today if he wants to go into a hospice, but he said he wants to go home.

Diane Sue, I've never heard of Kettlenetics. One to look up.

Again, thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers.

Laura, my goodness, things just keep happening to your family. I am sorry. Kettlenetics is an older Gaiam workout with Michelle Kai. I guess she made different workouts. I watched a youtube with the workout did on it somewhere on Amazon and went back and could not find it. The workout I did is indoors but the cover had several workouts and it looked like her outdoors. It is a bit difficult to locate. I did learn that that red kettlebell is 4# . I must have been really working with the 10 :) 4 is probably good too. There are kits with the kettlebell around as well. Also I think Gaiam has a channel with her on it. https://www.amazon.com/Kettlenetics-DVDs-Case-Michelle-Khai/dp/B001LIW2HO My dvd has the basics, the flow motion which is around 20 minutes and then the cardio balanced that I did that is 47 minutes. I did not buy the one I have. A fitness friend got it for me for my birthday once.

Last edited:
Today I did LIC. My back was pretty good during it, so maybe, I hope, it is finally recovering. I could really tell how my back has impacted my right leg today. That is the leg that suffered all the nerve damage. When Cathe has you do squats while balancing on one leg, I was steady as a rock on my left, on my right I couldn't balance for anything. I'm usually much better than that.

Diane Sue, thanks for the YouTube clip. I marked it for when I can lift 5 lbs again. That is my lightest kettle bell. I'm also trying to not do any twisty moves right now. I would say you were really working it with the 10. Good job.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Good afternoon

P90X2 Balance + Power + T25 Cardio is done. P90X2 Balance + Power is by far my least favorite so far :( Didn't like the workout at all. I had to modify the heck out of this one. Some of the moves on the stability ball don't look safe, IMO :( DH and I worked out together, we ended up doing are own modifications, lol. I hope next weeks workouts are a little better. I forgot how much fun T25 is :) I was sweating like crazy. Of course, I followed the modifier/or did my own to get my HR up.

I am getting close to hitting my goal of "200" DVD's done. I will continue until the end of December. Maybe I get at least another 100 DVD's done?

Who is ordering Cathe's new dvd's? I am still on the fence, I hardly get through all my collection. Do I really need more DVD's?

Laura - I don't know what to say :( I am so sorry you going through all this (((HUGS))) I went though something similar a few years ago :( I know how you feel.

Diane Sue - that workout today was crazy :( Didn't like that one. Tony made me laugh at the end/strech when he started singing. He is so goofy :)

I will be back tomorrow. Have a great weekend, everyone.

Today I did Hard Strikes with the Heavy Bag Tabatas, 60 minutes, 386 calories. I then did budokon weight loss system accelerated workout, 39 minutes, 158 calories. I could not remember this one so decided to do it instead of my original plan to do the Flow ad Flexbility dvd. I like the latter better. The weight loss is a basic yoga instruction for 20 minutes then martial arts drills followed by a standing meditation. The Flow and flexibility is more active and flows through moves and sort of makes me feel like a stealthy warrior or something :)

Laura, I would think someone could use a dumbbell for the workout. There is twisting and fast moves in this. That is why I think the lighter weights is good for it. I think that you tube is the shorter version of the workout I did which I believe omits the floor work. I am not sure though. I would need to do it to remember. On the Russian Twist move I did not swing the kettlebell back and forth hard like she did. I held it with both hands and did it like normal.

Nothing exciting here. My daughter is playing in soccer tourney 1.5 hr from the house so we left early this morning. She and I spent the night up in Denver Thursday night so I had to hunt out the hotel exercise room Friday morning. Very disappointing. No free weights, the ellipitical was broken and the treadmill's speed + button was broken. I ended up doing RWH LI one in the free floor space after a few attempts at intervals on the TM.

I decided last night I was going to order the new series. Maybe not right away the first day - its hard to wait when the price keeps bumping up but I do like to see the previews and filming before I order. I may change my mind but for now I'm planning on getting them.

Doreen, the price at the start is really good. I am going to try to get them. I will see what I get for my birthday first though. Cathe usually announces when the price is going to go up. Sorry that the equipment did not work. The hotel probably pays very little attention to that stuff. Particularly if they do not have many people come in and use it. If they did I would think that there would be some complaints.

Hi all!

Today I did LS Burn Body Fat 3 miles and JS stretch 30 min.

Dorren - I hope we see some clips soon. Sorry to about all the equipment not working:( Very frustrating.

Diane Sue - when is your bday?

Good night ladies.

Today I did Ice Boot Camp Circuit, 45 minutes, 251 calories. I then did T25 Gamma Extreme Circuit, 30 minutes, 200 calories. Total time was 75 minutes and calories 451. My grandson came over and trimmed my hedges and morning glories this morning and hung out till he went to work :D I enjoy having them come over. My 16 year old granddaughter is coming over Wednesday night after a bowling party and staying.

Doreen, I bet they have not even started filming yet so it will be a long time before there are video clips.

Belinda, my birthday is the end of the month. My youngest daughter's is the first part of September so we will have ours together. We are a week apart on birthdays. We have lots of birthdays in the next 4 weeks so we double up. I have cakes to make :) I only have the Gamma T25 workouts and pull them out once in awhile. It is another series that I never did a rotation of.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.