Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for May 2016

Today's meals:
morning usual coffee, half and half, Amazing grass superfood acai berry, bcaa powder
lunch
egg on top of cauliflower rice with onion and Performance Paleo awesome sauce
coconut oil for cooking egg
snack
greek yogurt, bodylogix whey, 60% cacao chocolate chips, almond butter, coconut milk canned
Dinner
Lean Ground beef, 1/2 baked potato, awesome sauce, diced onion
1/2 cup strawberries
1520 calories; 22% carb; 48% fat; 30% pro

Todays workout was Cathe Live Upper Body Express from 9/24/2015. This is a great shorter workout when you are pressed for time or, if like me today, almost too tired to work out. I did the workout and I'm so happy that I did. I hate taking an unplanned day off so a shorter workout is perfect for this type of day. The pace of this workout is slower than most, so if you want to go heavier, you can! I went heavier and it made for a tough workout. If it calls for pushups, I always substitute with chest press instead. Pushups bother my right shoulder so I have learned to avoid them.
Workout was 40 minutes and I burned 286 calories. My average heart rate was 127 and my max was 161. No cardio in this workout at all, just lifting.

I'm helping my boys study for finals this weekend so our brains should be fried come Monday! Wed is their last day of school!!!!!

I ate horribly yesterday... I am starving since I have been workout out so hard, I just seem to snack too much. I am going to grill chicken today and have hummus in the fridge so I can have a healthy snack ready to go when need be.

Have a fantastic weekend!

Today I did Ice Low Impact Sweat pre-mix 5 both workouts with the blizzard blast and core 2, 69 minutes, 416 calories. I lowered the step to 6 inches when I did the blizzard blast and the last set of the jump on and off the step with plie jumps I did as just straight jumps on the floor. I also did 18 minutes of 21 Day Fix Extreme Yoga.

Jolie, I liked that shorter upper body workout for the same reasons. Quick and you can heavy up. My granddaughter spent last Saturday studying for finals. She has two more this next week. Our school is out next week as well. Having food ready is the best thing to avoid eating bad stuff. I need to get some things made. I just ate my last bowl of Paleo Taco Soup that I had in the freezer. I think I have a casserole left from Julie Bauers new Paleo cookbook.

Yesterday's eats
morning coffee, half and half, amazing grass green superfood berry ORAC, BCAA powder
lunch
Paleo slow cooker soups cookbook taco soup with a spoon of organic sour cream and 1/4 avocado
snack
Bodylogix protein powder, coconut flakes unsweetened, coconut milk, almond butter, dark chocolate 60 % cacao chocolate chips
( I just used enough coconut milk to help this hold together)
dinner
93/7% lean ground beef , 1/4 avocado, spring salad mix, whole 30 ranch dressing
1403 calories; 13% carbs; 61% fat; 26% pro

Rest day today. I had my granddaughter here. We took my dog for a walk but that was pretty much my activity other than pulling some weeds.

Today I did Pure Strength Chest & Triceps. Had a great workout. I like that workout, it was fun. Cathe is so young in them.

This is what I did:

Push ups off step – 2 sets/12 reps
Bench Press w/u – 55# - 16 reps
Bench Press – 65# - 2 sets/10 reps
Incline Bench Press – 65# - 2 sets/10 reps
Incline Dumbbell Press – 25's - 10 reps
Incline Dumbbell Flies – 25's - 10 reps
Incline Super Sets (Flies to Press) – 15's - 9 reps
Close Grip Tricep Dumbbell Press – 15's - 1 set/12 reps; 1 set/10; 1 set/8 reps

Lying Tricep Extensions – 10's - 2 sets/10 reps
Cross Body Extensions – 10's - 2 sets/10 reps
Lying Tricep Extensions – 10's - 12 reps
Dips – 1 set/20 reps 1 set/24 reps

Hope you all have great workouts!!!

Today I am taking a rest day. Both my boys have finals and I am going to be driving them back and forth to school all day, both have different schedules! I will be doing a Cathe Live class tomorrow, I am just not sure which one to do. I will preview some and decide later.

Debbie, great workout. I have DOMS like crazy from these workouts I have been doing! It is probably because they are such a different style of what I am used to doing, but change is good right?!

Have a great day!

Today I did 21Day Fix Extreme Upper body, 35 minutes, 172 calories. I went a bit heavier this time. 10 minute Hardcore Extreme, 11 minutes, 47 calories, and finished off with 21 Day Fix Extreme Pilates, 33 minutes, 124 calories. Total time was 79 minutes and calories burned 334. I will do cardio tomorrow.
21 Day Fix Extreme Upper
push up/ half push up 30 sec/30 sec
lunge row 15# 30 sec/ 8# light set 30 sec
chest fly 15's# 30 sec/8's light set 30 sec
band(tubing) lat pull alternating 30 sec then both 30 sec
repeat round
Overhead press 15's 30 sec/8's 30 sec
seated twist with 15# dumbbell alternating sides 60 sec
band(tubing) posterior delt fly 30 sec then 30 sec hold
dolphin 60 sec
repeat round
hammer curl 20's heavy 30 sec/ 12's light 30 sec
triceps dips 30 sec both feet on the floor/ 15 sec right leg raised 15 sec left leg raised
concentration curl in squat position right 20# 30 sec
triceps kickback 15# heavy 30 sec/ 8# light 30 sec
repeat all with concentration curl on left side

Debbie, I always liked the rep range on the upper body work of Pure Strength better than the reps in the legs. This was one of my first Cathe workouts.

Roselyn, I didn't always preview the Live workouts first and sometimes it took a long time getting what I wanted to do picked out or I found myself only doing parts of a workout to avoid the shoulder stuff that hurt.

Last edited:
Real quick, I'm running late AGAIN!!!

I did Run Fit today and had a great workout. Love this one!

Workout was 52 minutes, ran 3.6 miles, burned 343 calories and went 7307 steps.

No workout for me tomorrow because I have to be at work at the butt crack of dawn. I hopefully will be back to read what you all have done and do personals!!

Have a great day everyone!

Today was Lift It Hiit Back, Bis, Shoulders

3 sets of 12
One Arm Row 20#
Finisher barbell rows and band Power pulls

Pullovers 25#
Barbell Finisher and Supine Pulls

One Arm Anlged Row
20#
Finisher one arm seated pulls

Rear Delt Flys
12#
Finisher one arm band pulls

Prone Rear delts
5#
Finisher seated t-band pulls

Bicep Curls
35# barbell
Finisher w curls 8#

Concentration Curls
20#
Finisher crazy eights 25# barbell

Simultaneous hammer curls
12#
Finisher Crazy Eights

This morning I wanted to do low impact and step so I did Ice Low Impact Sweat Step , 28 minutes, 168 calories max hr 133. I then did a You Tube Jenny Ford Hawaii Step ( I heard these were low impact) 39 minutes, max HR 134, 236 calories. I tried a bit of 21 Day Fix Extreme Cardio but when she started doing the butt kickers I thought I might need to preview the dvd and the modifier first. I finished off with 21 Day Fix Extreme Yoga, 30 minutes, 104 calories. 508 calories, 98 minutes.
Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Todays workout was a Cathe Live class, Strong Upper Body with Core. I loved it, but boy does she move fast in this one. You better have your weights ready to go because she isn't going to wait for you! This was all upper body and 3 exercises per body part (Giant Set) and 3 rounds per Giant set. No rest between sets and you can go pretty heavy if you want. I will be doing this workout again. Actually, I love every workout thus far. Tomorrow I'm going to do lower body so I will have to preview some of those workouts.

Roselyn, nice workout, I hope you are feeling better.

Diane Sue, Nice workout as well. Good job getting the Yoga in at the end.

Debbie, I hate early mornings, you always feel rushed. This summer my oldest son will have to be at football at 6am in the morning so that means we get up at 4:15am Monday thru Sat!!! Joy :( This summer is going to be a rough one...

Have a great day!

Debbie, nice work. I am sorry you had to rush. I am so relieved I do not have to do that now. Taking my grandchildren to school and coming back was a reminder of how nice it is to not feel rushed in the mornings. Sometimes I think about getting a job though. I know I would not like the rushing part. That is when having a plan is a must for the workouts.

Jolie, there are some great lower body workouts on the Live workouts. I know you will love them.

I didn't post my eats yesterday. It was not real good. I had my morning before workout coffee and greens then did some tasks and went out on errands. I came back at 4 pm starving since I had really had nothing. I ate strawberries and some fage yogurt with coconut milk, protein powder and a few dark chocolate chips and almonds. Later my husband came in and we invited my son and grandson to dinner. I made spaghetti and there was warm homemade brownies with ice cream. I had a hamburger patty but ended up having a brownie with ice cream. I was still way under in calories. 28% carbs; 45% fat; 27% protein 934 calories. I am doing better today.

Today I did Cathe Live, You can do anything for a minute. I did this workout last week and I did it again because it is a great calorie burn. I added abs at the end because I didn't have time to do them yesterday. Workout was 1 hour 10 minutes and I burned 554 calories. I did not do the high impact moves, instead I incorporated more leg exercises so I could get a good leg day in. Besides, high impact hurts my knees, feet and low back.

Today is the last day of school and tomorrow my youngest son graduates from 8th grade. I cant believe I have two high school students! Saturday we are buying a used Jeep for my oldest son since he will be driving soon. He is getting a rock crawler, we will have to do some work on it to make it more street legal. He is very excited to say the least.

FYI, I will have no electricity Friday so I wont be checking in or working out.

I hope you all have a great day, off to graduation rehearsal.

Today I did Ice Boot Camp timesaver mix no upper, 35 minutes, 206 calorie. I used Cathe's weights throughout the workout. I then did 21 Day Fix Extreme Lower body , 34 minutes, 225 calories. I did modify the jumping and used the rebounder for things like squat jumps. I finished off with Rapid Fire kick, box, and burn core and stretch, 16 minutes, 58 calories. I used an 8# medicine ball for this. She uses a 6 and I had a choice of 5 or 8. Total time was 85 minutes and calories burned 489.

Jolie, I bet your son is excited. No electricity for the day can't be too pleasant. Will you have air conditioning? School is out here tomorrow.

Roselyn, you are doing new workouts?

Last edited:
I have been searching for a BCAA powder that tastes good and has the stuff the Melaleuca brand has. It is a 4:1:1 ratio and has 4000 mg L leucine, 3000 mg L glutamine, 1000 L Isoleucine, and 100 L Valine. I have thought of stopping my membership to Melaleuca because to keep it I have to spend around 65 dollars a month to get membership prices. I have certain products of theirs that I really like a lot but I hate having to keep up with the membership thing. Also I have to watch these environmental and company videos and answer several questions to get my savings dollars that usually covers tax for me. I have to pay shipping.

Meals Today
morning coffee, half and half, amazing grass green superfood berry ORAC, BCAA powder
lunch ( not till 3 oclock)
Julie Bauer Paleo Cookbook Turkey Meatballs with cauliflower mash skipping the tomato sauce that I made with it yesterday
Chobani flip yogurt salted caramel crunch (these are good but not paleo)
snack
Chobani flip coco loco
Rebel Maca Cold Brew super herbs drink
Dinner
Organic Girl Super Greens, boiled egg, half serving of the turkey meatball, Whole 30 ranch dressing
1504 calories 35% carbs; 44% fat; 21% protein

Today I did Pure Strength Back & Biceps and had a great workout. I missed working out yesterday, I didn't even make 10,000 steps yesterday being in meetings all day. :( So it felt good to get back at it. This is a fun workout.

T-Bar Rows w/u – 25#/16 reps
T-Bar Rows – 45#/3 sets/10 reps
Bent over Rows – 55#/3 sets/10 reps
One Arm Row – 25#/3 sets/10 reps
Shrugs – 25's/2 sets/20 reps

Barbell Curl – 35#/2 sets/10 reps
Seated Alt. Hammer Curls – 12's/24 reps
Seated Sweep Curls – 12's/24 reps
Negative Curls – 35#/2 sets/10 reps
Concentration Curls – 15#/2 sets/12 reps

I also walked on my treadmill for a little over a mile.

Nice workouts everyone, kicking some major butt lately!!! Hope you all have great workouts again today!!!

Today I am taking the day off! I had to get one son to the Dana Point Harbor this morning at 5am to go fishing and I have my youngest son's graduation later this evening. Also, I am tired from yesterdays workout so I think its ok to take the day off. :) Tomorrow is another day...

Debbie, great workout. I hate days where you just cant get anytime for yourself, that's me today.

Diane Sue, I take Extend BCAA when I workout and I love it. It also has electrolytes which is nice. I get the green apple flavor because my boys use it too.

Have a fabulous day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.