Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for May 2016

I did Bulk Legs today

My dad is home, everything checked out, he is feeling better, just have to get some strength back and hope my mom can handle him he is a character, I am only 5 minutes away so that is good.

Roselyn, I am glad that you are close to your Dad. Mine was in another state so communication was mostly on the phone. It took my brothers an hour or two to get to where he was. He was pretty independent. We tried to get him to come and live with us but he wouldn't do it. I hated him being alone. We had set up a room and got a nice queen size bed for him. Trying to encourage him to stay.

Today I did Ice Low Impact Pre-mix 15, Cardio 2, Blizzard Blast, Core 2, stretch. 51 minutes, 295 calories.hr. 112/144. I got Ice Boot camp today so I did the Muscle Meltdown Biceps, 15 minutes, 85 calories. Total time was 66 minutes, 380 calories.
Muscle Meltdown Biceps
Giant sets 3 rnds 12 reps
standing curl 20#; 15#;; 15#
hammer curl 20#; 15#; 15
preacher curl 15#; 15#; 15#
incline hammer curl 15#; 15#; 15#
concentration curl 20#; 15#; 15#

Saturday I did STS Total Body - Upper Body Premix, same workout as last Monday. I tried to go down in weight but I the exercises do not seem too difficult to do. With that said I did some extra exercises at the end of the workout. First set is 16 reps of each tri set and then when you repeat the tri set you do 12 reps. No rest in between the exercises. I changed a few of the exercise up since I cant do dip and I hate pushups ( they hurt my shoulder).

Bench Press- 25# x 16 reps, x 12 reps
Chest Flies- 15#
Close grip press- 15#
Bonus set- Lying tricep ext. - 10# x 20 reps, x 20 reps

Barbell Rows- 50# x 16 reps, x 12 reps
1 Arm Rows- 25#
DB Bicep Curls- 15#
Bonus Set- W Curls - 12# x 20 reps, x 20 reps

DB Overhead Shoulder Press- 15# x 16 reps, x 12 reps
Wide Grip Upright Rows DB- 15#
Lat Raises- 8 #
Bonus Set- Rear Flies- 10# x 20 reps, x 20 reps

Extra:
Bench Press DB- 20# x 16 reps
Cross Body Tricep ext- 10# x 16 reps
Shoulder Press DB- 15# x 16 reps
Wide Grip Pull Downs- 50# x 20 reps
Hammer Curls- 15# x 16 reps

Today I did a 6 mile walk outside and burned 638 calories. I wasn't going to workout at all since I woke up feeling very tired, but I'm glad I did. Once I got going I had a great workout and the weather is beautiful.

Roselyn, awesome news about your dad. I'm sure he is happy to be home and out of the hospital.

Diane Sue, nice ICE bicep workout. I love that one, its short, sweet and to the point.

I'm going to BBQ today to make steak tacos for the family. Its hard to find a meal everyone likes, but this one is always a great option.

My son Jack is out taking his first in car driving lesson. Once he does this, he can now drive us to school and back each day. He will be a pro by the time he gets his drivers license. He will have to drive the 5 FWY which is scary, but if he can drive that, he can drive anywhere!

Have a nice Sunday evening. Sleep good! :)

Rest Day today. I have to be up bright and early again in the morning. I am hoping to use Ice Bootcamp tomorrow. My day will be a lot of running and my granddaughter that is in college is coming to have dinner with her younger brother and sister tomorrow. I am hoping to squeeze in some house cleaning tomorrow.
Yesterdays meals were
morning coffee with half and half, Amazing grass acai berry superfood, bcaa with workout
lunch
omelet with some salsa and avocado
snack
grass fed whey with almond butter, unsweetened coconut flakes, coconut milk, 60% dark chocolate
Dinner
Julie Bauer's Paleo cookbook chicken cabonara casserole
this had spaghetti squash, bacon, eggs, chicken, spinach, and artichokes in it
I just got this cookbook so we will see how many recipes I love out of it. I have two other cookbooks that she did. One with George from Civilized Caveman called the Paleo Kitchen and the other is Paleo OMG She is really into Cross Fit.
Calories: 1427 15% carb; 58% fat; 27% protein

Today
morning coffee with organic half and half and Amazing Grass Acai Berry superfood NO bcaa since it is a rest day
Lunch
2 sausage patties, 2 pieces of bacon and 1 egg scrambled (family brunch :) )
Dinner
Julie Bauer's Chicken cabonara
snack
grass fed whey with almond butter, unsweetened coconut flakes, coconut milk, 60% dark chocolate
calories 1497 12% carbs; 59% fat; 29% protein

Wow, you girls have been busy since I've been on here! Nice workouts everyone!! I haven't had time to read everything but I see you all did kick some butt.

This week I'm going to do 4 Day Split weight workouts. I haven't done these workouts since 2008!!! Today I did Chest and Back.

Round 1
Supermans
(warmup) - hate these but did them.
One Arm Rows (warmup) - 12#/16 reps
One Arm Rows – 25#/8 reps
Pushups - Full/Partial – 7x’s (love these!)
One Arm Rows – 25#/8 reps
Pushups – 8 singles/8 bottom/8 top

Round 2
Underhand BB Rows
– 55#/2 sets-7 reps
Incline Dumbbell Flyes – 20's/12 slow reps
Underhand BB Rows – 55#/2 sets-7 reps
Incline Dumbbell Flyes – 20's/12 slow reps

Round 3
One Arm Rows Palms Back
– 20#/12 reps
Decline Pushups – 12 reps

Round 4
Incline Pullovers
– 20#/8 reps
Incline DB Chest Press – 30's/12 reps

Round 5
Back Pulls w/Band

superset w/
Y’s w/Band
Around the Clock Pushups

Had a great workout!!! I also walked on my treadmill for a mile.

Hope you all have great workouts today. Hopefully I'll be back later for personals.

Today is my rest day. I am tired so it works out perfectly. Woke up at 4am for whatever reason and couldn't go back to sleep. :(

Debbie, funny you are doing 4 day split workouts. I was just reviewing them yesterday and thinking about doing them myself.

Have a nice day.

I did Focus T25 3.0 speed, I think I need some more cardio in my routine, still will lift but when doing body beast there is not much cardio and i really think my body needs it. So, maybe I will go back to 2 or 3 day of weights the rest cardio. Don't have a plan yet.

Today I did Ice Bootcamp pre-mix #5 bootcamp, blizzard blast, and abs #1, 67 minutes, 334 calories. I modified a bit on some of the cardio because my knee is just not feeling right. I got a big cramp behind my knee when doing the superman move with the swimming arms. I had to stop and get up. I did some of the impact but not much. The one arm burpee was easier on the step but I was rather slow at it. I used the rebounder when they were doing some of the jumps. Fortunately there are not a lot and the cardio segments are short. I used Cathe's weights or slightly more. I had to go out on errands and clean so that was it for the day. I haven't logged my meals into my fitness pal yet. I stayed up after everyone went to bed last night to do it. I really should have just went to sleep.
I made a pork tenderloin recipe I have used for years from Cooking Light and hasselback sweets from Performance Paleo along with salad for dinner. Otherwise I had a kind bar when I was out running errands and had a protein smoothie while cleaning.

Debbie, nice work. 4 Day Split has some good weight work in it. Nice job.

Roselyn, I always felt I needed some cardio with Body Beast.

Jolie, I don't know why it is but, it seems like when I allow myself some rest time I wake up early and cannot sleep.

Today I once again woke up with a headache. This weather is killing me. It snowed here Sunday, was freezing cold and the yesterday it went up to 68. Today it isn't suppose to hit 50. It's May 17th, we should be in the low 70's by now. Ridiculous. I guess that's what we get for having such a mild winter.

So anyways, I walked on my treadmill for 2.5 miles. The outside of my left leg near the knee was hurting yesterday and today, not sure what I did. That's why I opted not to run, even though I really wanted to.

Roselyn - I'm glad your dad is doing better. That is good to hear.

Diane Sue - You asked me about the foot I had surgery on and I have to say, I have A LOT of problems with it. It hurts just about as bad as my right foot that need to have the bunions removed. I have nothing but problems with my feet. I hate it.

Jolie - Hope you enjoyed your rest day!

Debbie, I am sorry about your feet. I am the same with the knee I had surgery on. Sometimes it hurts as bad as it did before surgery. I am wondering if a lot of the pain wasn't the arthritis he found in there more than the tear he repaired. I often wish I had not done the surgery because when I let up on the workouts it felt much better just like now. It was in the area that can heal on its own.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

I did not know how much of a tear till after surgery though. This is the second surgery in that knee area so I can understand more arthritis being there. I had to have a ganglion cyst removed quite a few years ago. I had hit the knee on the steering column when my explorer rolled on its side when I had an accident.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Today I just didn't feel like working out but I forced myself to do it! :) It is really overcast today, we call it June Gloom. It is hard to get yourself moving when you feel like staying in your pjs. I did Power Strike 5 Kickboxing with 2 pound gloves. This was a sweat fest. Wow, this really made it tough! My shoulders are fried and my heart rate got up pretty good during this workout. I finished with Power Hour Biceps and Triceps. I love this workout because you just exhaust the muscle.
Biceps- Load barbell 20#
Triceps- 10# DB for lying ext. and 8# DB for kickbacks.
I also did the ABS segment.
I like this ab workout. It is short, sweet and to the point.

Workout was 1 hour 15 minutes and I burned 621 calories. My average heartrate was 131 and my max was 181.

Debbie, my long lost twin... I know about feet problems, I have had 7 surgeries total. I limp around but I push through all my workouts. The only shoes I can wear are running shoes, flat boots, and flip flops and some sandals. I have a wedding to go to in August and I told my husband I should wear a long dress so I can wear my flip flops and they wont show! :p I bought some new running shoes from Brooks and love them. They are very cushion and a very stable shoe. They are the Ghost 8 version and they have made a big difference for me.

Diane Sue, nice ICE workout. Good job in getting the protein smoothie in for a meal. I have gotten away from the protein, I cant afford it. I have to by Ceatine, BCAA, Wight gainer, Protein and sports nutritional supplements for the boys for football so I cant afford it right now. Maybe for my birthday I will get a jug for a gift from my husband. I eat more eggs and chicken to make up for it and I think its ok.

Roselyn, nice workout. Thank goodness your dad is home and hopefully feeling better.

Have a nice day.

Today I did Ice Low Impact Sweat, both workouts with Core 2 mix, 60 minutes, 355 calories. This was almost half what the workout manager has for calories. I overslept this morning so I was scrambling to get the children up and ready for school in 20 minutes. Fortunately my granddaughter got up about the same time and had jumped in the shower. I hate racing around like that. It was a grab and run breakfast morning for them. My alarm on my tablet turned off. I think because I have it set for sound so I can tell it to snooze or turn off. I checked and it had turned off about the same time my brother had messaged me and the vibration probably turned it off or something. My granddaughters ipad didn't go off either. We had thunderstorms last night.

Jolie, I am always looking for a new protein powder that is good quality and not too expensive. This last one wasn't too bad priced I think about 24 dollars. I found it at Walgreens too and it is grassfed with stevia and tastes good. I look at it as part of my meals so I don't really feel bad about purchasing it. Plus sometimes I use it in recipes. I do think it is better to get nutrition from food though.
My grandson is in football in highschool but they have not pushed him to take supplements. He asked me about nutrition and I gave him a book that had menus and plans for athletes and he altered his eating a bit. He tries to drop weight for wrestling then has to gain some for football.

I just signed up for Cathe Live and I'm very excited to try some new workouts. I only did one month to see if I like it, but what's not to like for $10? One whole month of new exercises for that price is a no brainer.

Diane Sue, I'm going to have to look back at some of your Live classes you posted to see your reviews on them. Which one was your favorite?

I'm thinking about doing these for my summer rotation along with my walking and kickboxing. Good times!

Jolie here is a link to all of the live workouts with times and a brief description along with weights used. Lorie has done a good job on it. I added my own notes to the pages as I did the workouts and also made a paper list of just the dates and ones I had done. I did over 60 of the workouts. I will do it again in the future. Already there are new ones I would like to try. My grandson is in my workout room sleeping so I will have to wait till tomorrow to get my notes. I remember that I liked the live upper body barbell workout, the PHAT 2 workout, the you can do anything for a minute, Ice Total Body Compound, Fitness Fusion. There are quite a few kickbox workouts. There was one I remember being mostly boxing. I think one of my favorites was called high energy kickboxing. Oh, live trisets legs.

Roselyn, I am liking the Ice workouts. I did not purchase all of them though. I think that I am wanting the kickboxing one with the Muscle Melt down triceps. I like the muscle meltdowns which are giant sets. There is a premix for each that can be done as the giant sets 4 times instead of the 3. I am thinking of combining back and biceps tomorrow. That would be almost an hour for giant sets for both at 4 rounds. There are so many options. I think I may try combining some of the blizzard blasts. The low impact sweat is pretty easy but not too easy. It works well for me and my knee and I used 5 and 8# for the weight parts instead of 3 and 5 that they used. Bootcamp has options that look good. Upper can be done separately or no upper. I was pleased to see that they had enough to make them good for more advanced exercisers as well. The blizzard blasts seem to be an extension of the way the main workout is but has some added intensity to it. I did not purchase the lower yet. I will probably in the future as I look at the moves. I was just not pleased to see more leg work alternated with some plyo type stuff. It can be done without the jumping stuff though and could probably be paired with portions of to the mat lower body.
So far I just purchased Ice Low Impact Sweat, Ice Upper Body, and Icy Bootcamp Circuit. If you check out the downloadable guidebook you can see the exercises and it would not be hard to do the giant set meltdowns without the dvd's. There are even workout cards there. I just prefer doing it with a dvd. Also, I have increased the weights on most of the work somewhat.

Foods are not all recorded again. I didn't get home till time to make dinner after picking up my grandson and going back to pick up my granddaughter. We had bad ass bowls for dinner. I made the awesome sauce with cashews this time and it is really good. It seemed to come out smoother and a little thinner for some reason. Not a whole lot though. She loved it so much that she asked to take some to school for lunch tomorrow.
breakfast the usual
Lunch was an oikos triple ) coconut cream yogurt with some whey and a few chocolate chips
Dinner bad ass bowl
Snack while waiting on my granddaughter for an hour I shared a piece of cheese cake at Mcalisters deli with my grandson. I bought him a cookie and he decided he liked cheesecake better. :) Okay with me, I didn't eat as much . I tried to get coffee at first and they told me their machine wasn't working o_O That is it. I am sure My Fitness Pal will remind me that I had a daily check in and haven't done it yet.

Last edited:
Today I did 4DS Biceps & Triceps. Had a great workout. I really like these workouts, not sure why I've only done these workouts twice.

Round 1
Slow Dips
(stretch)
Seated Tricep DB Extensions - 15#/20#/25#/30# - 12/10/8/6 reps
Standing Hammer Curls w/Twist - 10's/12's/15's/20's - 12/10/8/6

Round 2
BB Lying BB Tricep Extensions
– 40# - 8 reps; 2 ct. down, 6 ct. ups
SS w/
Lying Dumbbell Tricep Extensions – 10's - 8 reps/3 sets partial reps
Barbell Crazy 8’s – 35# - 8 full/8 down/8 up
SS w/
Reverse Dumbbell Curls – 12's - 10 reps

Round 3
Stability Ball HS Dips
– 8 reps/16 high end reps
SS w/
Tricep Incline Pushups
Inc. Hammer Curls w/Twist
– 12's - 12 reps
SS w/
Hammer Curls – 12's - 8 reps

Round 4
Tricep Pressdowns w/Band

SS w/
Kickbacks w/ Band
Hanging Concen. Curls
– 15's - 12 reps
SS w/
Wrist Curls - 8's - 16 reps

Jolie - Foot problems suck. I tried Brooks shoes and didn't like them. I just ordered a pair of New Balance running shoe, we'll see how those do.

Diane Sue - I hope the back of your knee is ok, that isn't good. I've been having a weird pain on the outside of my left knee. I hate getting old.

Roselyn - Nice workout girl!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.