Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for May 2016

Today's workout was Ice Low Impact Sweat workout 1, 28 minutes, 158 calories max hr. 142. I wanted to do floor cardio today. I then did 21 Day Fix Extreme Cardio, 32 minutes, 235 calories, max heart rate 153. I finished off with 21 Day Fix Exteme Hardcore abs 11 minutes, 51 calories. Total time 71 minutes, 444 calories.

Jolie, I will check out the Extend.

Jolie, I checked out Extend. I would like to find something that does not use artificial sweeteners and I don't know as I need the extra electrolyte and sodium. The one I am using has sucralose and I really wish since Melaleuca is supposed to be health based safe for the home, body and environment company would dump the sucralose. MRM -G reload looked pretty good. I could probably find that at Sprouts Farmers Market.

Roselyn, you can't go wrong with STS. I have just felt burnt out on it. I did it so much but, it does give nice results. I get confused on the names of workouts. Thanks for the clarification.

Today I did Pure Strength Shoulders and then I did the Abs from PS Back & Bi's. Had a great workout.

Arnold Press – 12's/3 sets/10 reps
Seated Clean & Press – 5's/2 sets/8 reps
Side Lateral Raises – 10's/2 sets/10 reps
Reverse Flies – 10's/2 sets/10 reps
Side Lateral Raises – 5's/16 reps

I went a bit light because my left shoulder has been feeling weird, didn't want to aggravate it.

Hope you all have a great Friday and great workouts!!!

Today have lots of catch up cleaning that I want to do plus I am going to try to make a trip to Sprouts. I did Ice Chiseled Upper body going a bit heavier on a lot of the weights this time, 42 minutes, 142 calories I then did Ice Bootcamp Circuit Timesaver #8 Upper and abs , 28 minutes, 128 calories using heavier on most weights. Total time was 70 minutes and calories burned 270.
My two grandchildren that are turning 16 this month are having a double birthday party this weekend so I have made two Ice Cream cakes to take. This will probably not be a good nutrition day :) I hate saying the word diet because that is not what it is all about. We are having sandwiches.

No workout today since I had no electricity till 2pm and I just cant motivate myself to workout in the afternoon. I'm tired anyway, got to bed late due to my sons graduation. It was a lot of fun, I'm sad they are going up so fast.

Tomorrow I'm going to do a Cathe Live workout, not sure which one yet. I did preview some yesterday and I am making a list of workouts I want to do. I sure love Cathe Live. You never know what your going to get and you always get a good calorie burn. I'm going to stay away from the higher impact ones due to the fact that the jumping irritates my foot and then I'm limping around the rest of the day.

Have a nice day.

Debbie and Roselyn, nice workouts.

Diane Sue, I get what you mean about the sweateners. If they don't taste good, my kids don't drink them. I take what they take to save money.

Question. If I cant do lunges due to the fact that my Big Toe wont bend (the joint is fusing together from an injury) what exercises should I be substituting it with instead? Leg extensions, leg curls and what else? (I can do slide back lunges with a disc) I appreciate any ideas. Cathe's Live workouts have a lot of lunges and I want to add something that I can do so I get a good workout.

I went to the new Sprouts Farmers Market today . It is so nice, and I am happy with it. I picked up some Maca powder for the Performance Paleo Hulk Shake and other recipes. Maca really does help with energy. I have read that red maca is the best but I really did not notice much difference between red and the regular.

Jolie, maybe ankle weights with standing leg lifts front and back. You really hit the muscles from both directions when doing lunges. You wouldn't be bending your toes that way. I found a lot of the live workouts, including the spin workouts, were a bit more intense feeling than the workouts. Maybe not as many breaks are in there. You are just working throughout. I worked to try and do mostly lower impact work. Some of the workouts I put times down on so I could just do the portions that were not a lot of jumping. I also modified and kept my rebounder out to just hop and jump on through some things.

Diane Sue, I will have a piece of your ice cream cake please!!! Yum... Thanks for the ideas for substituting lunges in my workout.

Todays workout was Cathe Live Total Body Sculpt. This was the best workout but it was long. 1 hour and 15 minutes because I had to take a couple of rests to get it together. Calorie Burn was 640 Calories! I used 8# to 15# weights. Can you believe that after all this intense working out, my scale has only budge 1 pound down!!! I did however purchase Estrogen Metabolism support vitamins to help with the issues I am having. I ran out for a while and this is when I put on all my weight. I like to supplement with DIM, Pregnenolone, 7- HMRlignans from Norwegian Spruce Tree and DHEA. These are the best for natural hormone support.

I hope you all have a great workout today and a wonderful Memorial Day Holiday! I appreciate what our troops have done for us and our freedom. My nephew just got out of the Army and my dad was Navy.

Yesterdays meals
morning coffee, half and half, Amazing Grass Green antioxidant berry 40,000ORAC
lunch
Preformance Paleo Hulk Shake grassfed whey, avocado, water, (I added Chameleon Cold Brew mocha coffee) maca powder, hersheys cocoa powder
Snack
Julie Bayer Paleo Cookbook chocolate hazelnut spread, Vanilla Whey, coconut flakes unsweetened (this was mixed together before I refrigerated the spread)
Dinner
Spring mix salad greens, wild caught Alaskan salmon, boiled egg, 4 grapes chopped, whole 30 ranch dressing
19% carb; 54% fat; 27% pro 1077 calories

I changed up my morning a bit today
morning coffee with Julie Bauer Chocolate Hazelnut spread and some silk coconut milk, Amazing grass berry 40,000 orac and 1 tsp maca powder, Amino Boost BCAA powder
lunch
shake inspired by the Performance Paleo Mocha chocolate shake
Bulletproof Upgraded Collagen Protein, Bodylogix whey. Chamelion Cold Brew Mocha coffee, silk unsweetened coconut milk, Julie Bauer Chocolate hazelnut spread, 1 tsp maca powder, cocoa powder ( I did not use the full fat coconut milk since I used the Chocolate hazel nut spread.
Dinner (expected and I wll add any changes)
Julie Bauer Paleo Cookbook Mexican Meatloaf and cauliflower rice
I am editing here to add my macros and calories. I loved the meatloaf recipe. It was quite spicy but delicious. I made half a recipe so I have two more meals.
1388 calories 22% carbs; 46% fat; 31% pro

I just got the collagen powder today. I have been using capsules and it makes a huge difference in the arthritic joints. They don't lock up on me while I am taking it. But just a couple of weeks without and they catch even when doing things like pulling up the covers when I am trying to sleep. I thought that maybe the collagen powder mixed in might work without the pills.

Jolie, I did not have a lot of problems with menopause as far as weight gain. Maybe because the doctor had me on Evista for quite a bit of the time while in peri-menopause. I used Black Cohosh for all of the flashes. I didn't need birth control because I had the cancer surgery years before. The Evista was to help with bone loss. I know there are lots of things that affect our hormones. I would like to find something that would help me to not have to battle pounds that want to come on lately. Working out longer and harder does not seem to help. I did check the bodyfat a couple of days ago and I was at 16.7. That is up almost 2% from where it was. It does fluctuate though. My clothes fit the same but I have a strict rule for myself when it comes to pounds over 120. I went to Sprouts yesterday planning to pick up some fish to put into my meals and forgot to buy it. I won't go back till next week. We have the birthdays tomorrow and I just do not like going shopping on weekends anyway. Too many crowds.

Last edited:
I forgot to check in yesterday. I did one in a half Cathe Live Kickboxing workouts with 1 pound gloves on and burned 700 Calories! I'm wiped out today but at the same time feel great. I'm not sure if I will workout today or not, I will have to see how it goes.

Happy Memorial Day!

I pushed myself to workout, and I'm glad that I did. I ended up doing well and I felt pretty strong. I did ICE Muscle Meltdown Biceps and STS# 13 Triceps.

Giant set, not rest, 3 rounds (I love these workouts, they are very effective and great if you don't have a lot of time)
DB Bicep Curls 15# x 12
Hammer Curls 15# x 12
Preacher Curls 12# x 12
Incline Hammer Curls 12# x 12
Conc. Curls 15 # x 12

STS # 13 Triceps
DB lying ext. 15 # x 12, x 10, x 8, 12 TF
Cross Body lying ext. 12# x 12 , x 12, x 12
2 Arm Kickbacks 10# x 12, x 10, x 10, x TF

Have a wonderful day!

Diane Sue, I hate this weird weight gain too, except mine is more than a couple of pounds. I workout so hard but it doesn't help. I am hoping my new supplements for Hormone Support work. If anything, my symptoms are sure not to get worse. Have a great time at the birthday parties. We aren't doing much since my husband has to work today. No big deal, the down time is nice. Its the calm before the storm, football season starts June 20th and we go hard till November. Have a nice day with your family and friends.

Yesterday I did Pyramid Upper and Pyramid Lower today, have not done in awhile and loved it.

I am 51 and really have to watch my carbs I only get them from veggies and some fruits (mostly berries). I really thought periods were over (had not had one in almost 5 months) but guess what, yes, having one :( I like oatmeal but I do feel more bloaty when I eat carbs lately. So, I stick to a low carb, moderate protein and fat diet for watching my weight, cannot quite go to keto high fat! I hear good things but cannot go there yet.

Today I did 21 Day Fix Extreme Plyo, 31 minutes, 208 calories heart rate 121/150. It wasn't too bad. I used 8's for most of the workout. I then did 21 Day Fix Extreme Pilates, 33 minutes, 139 calories. I like the use of the tubing in this and how it works the core and lower body, I finished with Ice core 2 and stretch, 17 minutes, 57 calories. Total time, 81 minutes and calories 404 calories. I want to write up a plan for this week so I don't have to think about it when I decide to start working out. I hit Sprouts again. I looked at MCT oil but really wonder how different it is from virgin organic coconut oil.

Jolie, I used to be able to eat pretty much what I wanted and if a couple of pounds did come on I could do a couple of long workouts and I would drop back down. I have been doing lots of reading to see what I can come up with. Wow, 700 calories. I used to be able to get calorie burns like that a lot but it is a very rare occurrence anymore. Nice mix today for biceps and triceps.

Roselyn, I guess we were on here at the same time. I find dairy and grains bloat. Some whey protein powders do that to me as well. For some reason the Only Protein powder I was using left me bloated and pretty miserable. I am not sure what the difference is though. Since I had the hysterectomy in my 30's that was the last of periods for me. I never missed it ;) I still had the symptoms of bloating and irritability for quite some time. The doctor said that was normal. It can all sure wreak havoc on how the body reacts. I could smile one minute and bite someone's head off the next. Not literally but I was guilt ridden when my husband or family would walk in and be wary of my mood. I really had to work hard on it.

Pray for my nephew ladies. My brother let us know that he is in the hospital with her problems, cellulitis, and possible blood clots. He is young and very heavy. He has two small children. I am so worried about him.

Last edited:
Today's meals:
morning; coffee with only 1 tbs half and half(trying to cut it out) Bulletproof Collagen in coffee, maca and Amazing Grass berry 40,000 orac in water, Amino Boost bcaa during workout
Snack post workout
Performance Paleo Hulk Shake using some chameleon cold brew coffee for part of the water, protein powder, maca powder(I divide it so I take 1 tsp with two meals earlier in the day. This helps me through the afternoon slump)1/2 an avocado
lunch
Julie Bauer Cookbook Mexican Meatloaf with cauliflower mash, half serving of each
Dinner
salad with spring greens, salmon, slivered almonds, tart cherries, onion, celery, and whole 30 ranch dressing recipe (protein salad in the book but I generally use red grapes or diced apple)
Snack
Fage yogurt with crushed cashew cherry protein bar idea that I made.
I tried something similar to the bars in the Performance Paleo cookbook that called for cricket flour but used whey and instead of cashew flour I used hazelnut flour. They did not want to hold together well. I froze them and they still wanted to fall apart. I didn't make a whole batch since it was a trial. I just used it like granola topping.
1573 calories; 31% carbs; 39% fat; 30% pro

Hope you all had a great holiday weekend! I did! I didn't workout yesterday but got my 10,000 steps in. Today I did HiiT Chest, Shoulders & Triceps. Had a great workout but I have to say, after doing some of the older Cathe workouts lately, I find that she took time and great care with the older workouts. With the newer ones I feel rushed and that she just quickly put them together just to get them out on the market. HiiT is still a good workout, but I sure did see the difference.

I did the premix - all the sets but no finishers.

Dumbbell Bench Press: 30's - 3 sets/12 reps
Incline Dumbbell Press: 25's - 3 sets/12 reps
Incline Dumbbell Flyes: 25's - 3 sets/12 reps

Overhead Barbell Press: 25# - 1 set/10 reps
superset w/
Upright Rows:
25# - 1 set 10 reps
Then raised the weights to 30# and did two more sets at 10 reps

One Arm Alternate Lateral Raise: 8's - 3 sets/10 reps
superset w/
Front Raise:
12# - 3 sets/10 reps

Overhead Tricep Extensions: 25# - 3 sets/12 reps
Lying Barbell Extensions: 35# - 2 sets/12 reps then dropped to 30# for 3rd set

Also walked on my treadmill for 1 mile.

Diane Sue - I will keep your nephew in my prayers. I hope he is doing better.

Have great workouts everyone!

We had a break this morning from storms so I hurried my workout so that I could run errands. I did 21 Day Fix Extreme Upper Body and Hardcore Abs, 45 minutes, 196 calories. I was not feeling real motivated today anyway. I think doing that Pilates workout with the tubing yesterday left my upper body a little weaker because I was sore when I got up this morning and struggled using 10's for lights and 15's for heavy's

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.