Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for May 2016

Debbie, I have problems with good fitting shoes that do not cause foot pain. I need a large toe space all around my toes. The crossfit nano is good for that. I generally stick with cross trainers.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Today I did Cathe Live "You can do anything for a minute" and I thought it was awesome. I had to substitute some exercises for the step ones because my ceilings are low in my gym room and I cant do high impact. I did squats, warrior slide back lunges, leg extensions and leg curls so I got a good leg workout in at the same time. I have to say I LOVED the workout, thanks Diane Sue for the recommendation! My heart rate got high, it shows how out of shape I am...

Workout was 59 minutes, because I had to take some breaks to set up and catch my breath. Total calories burned was 495!!! Average heart rate was 133 and max was 166. I will be doing this workout again and soon.

When I do these workouts in the future, I am going to add additional exercises at the end for one body part so I feel like I'm still lifting weights. Maybe I could do the 100 rep challenge for one exercise for one body part to really work the muscle. Just a thought???

Diane Sue, I will check out the protein powder you suggested and thanks for the info on the Cathe Live classes.

Debbie, Nice 4 Day Split workout. I love those and I remember the leg workout being a killer!!!

Roselyn, Nice workout and I hope you and your family are doing well. I am sure your son will be home soon for summer? I will die when my boys go off to college, they are my life!

Have a great day ladies!

Today I did the Ice low impact sweat pre-mix, blizzard blast with the warm up and stretch, 20 minutes, HR 111/143, 112 calories. I then did the Sweat muscle meltdown back 4 rnds premix, skipping the warm up and stretch, 27 minutes, 128 calories. I followed this with the Ice Bootcamp circuit muscle meltdown pre-mix 4 rnds biceps giant sets (ouch) 31 minutes, 168 calories. 78 minutes total time 408 calories. I kind of wonder about the blizzard blast calories. I felt I worked hard even though it is short. While I was in the 3rd round of back it's battery quit so I had to stop and get a new battery in it. My arms were pretty fatigued by the time I hit the 4th round.
Muscle Meltdown Back 4 rounds Giant sets
One arm row 30# all 4 rounds 12 reps
Pull over 30# all 4 rounds
one arm wide row 25# all 4 rounds
one arm pull over 15# all 4 rounds
Deadlift 30# each hand all 4 rounds
Muscle Meltdown 4 rounds 12 reps
Standing curls dumbbells 20's rnd. 1; 17.5's 2 rnds. ; 15's final rnd.
standing hammer curl dumbbells 20's; 17.5's 2 rnds. ; 15's final rnd
preacher curl 15's all 4 rnds
incline hammer curl 17.5's rnd 1 and 2; 15's rnd 3 and 4
concentration curl 17.5's 3 rnds; last round 15's

Roselyn, I will go up and get those live lists in a bit. That was a really good calorie burn and heartrate today :)

Last edited:
Jolie, you might enjoy cardio boxing plus plyo legs workout 96 on the list, strong upper body express#70 was a good one and not overly long at 44 minutes. It is 12 reps 2 sets with a finisher for each body part and there is some core. It does back, biceps, chest, triceps, shoulders, then core. Tri-sets legs is done in 3 rounds. It does use a step though because you are doing split lunge and side step ups rnd 1 three risers, then rnd 2 has two risers reverse lunge with the step, deadlift wide barbell, crossback lunge using the step, rnd 3 uses 3 risers step up, stiff leg deadlift with barbell, and squat. muscle max live does not use a step and is a good one. Fitness fusion # 63 on the list is a good one that starts out with boxing and kickboxing then you remove the gloves and get out the mat, high low cardio, lateral skate, squat in a box, remove mat and do squat digs , side to side reach, power turn squat, jump 3 x quarter turn jump back 3x, then weight work for the lower body walking lunge, plie squat, diagonal lunge, side to side lunge, reverse lunge then core.
Legs with weights and stability ball # 41 was another good one. It does use a high step for a couple of moves (step ups and elevated lunges)
I have down that I liked #39 Hi-Lo Cardio Kickboxing. It had a good mixture of both upper and lower work. Some are more kicking on these workouts and some are more boxing. If you have any questions on the workouts I can look and see if I made any notes on them. As you can see there are some I wrote down a lot of the moves for. I also made notes on some If they seemed a bit shoulder heavy since I had that rotator cuff issue. Also if there is a lot of high impact stuff that might be bothersome.

Roselyn, Cathe Live is 9.97 a month. She does a new workout on Thursdays. There was an interesting looking one this morning. I believe there is 101 workouts now. They start in 9014 till now. It is not bad when you think how much it costs just to rent a movie. I got my money's worth out of them. I like that you can cancel anytime.

Today was Cardio Coach 5. I had a good workout and was sweating buckets. I really worked hard on the level 4 sprints and when I checked my heart rate on my FB, it show the highest I had was 133 bpm. WTH??? I couldn't even catch my breath at one point, how could I only be at 133?? Stupid devices.

Anyways, workout was 54 minutes, ran 3.35 miles and burned 344 calories although my treadmill showed 522. Went 7015 steps so almost to my 10,000!! Woo hoo!!!

Diane Sue - Cathe live sounds fun. So can you get online and get to any of her online workouts or do you have to do it at a certain time when she is actually doing a workout. Does she only do cardio or weight training as well?

Jolie - Nice job with Cathe live! Glad you liked it!!

Roselyn - Nice job with GS Back & Bi's and Intensity Step!! You go!!!

Debbie you have access anytime. When it is a Thursday and they are doing the announced new workout it starts around 8 am I think. It can be done then or it is added a couple of hours later to the list. Just like pulling a workout off of the shelf except you are streaming it.

I got a message back from Polar saying maybe it is the strap. The wi
res don't last long in them. They are going to send me another. Funny thing is the strap that came with it hardly ever worked so it is not worn out. I have tried all of my straps so I doubt that is the problem.

Deb, I totally understand working hard and the monitor says differently.

Roselyn, yes you can just watch on your lap top. I guess Cathe has a Roku channel as well but you access it differently. I hook my laptop or cell phone to my television via hdmi and stream it on the television but that is not necessary.

Today I did 21 Day Fix Extreme Lower Fix, 35 minutes, 221 calories, heart rate 117 avg/ 136 max. I don't know why there are so many instructors going to jumping moves with the lower body. I like to just to the strength work without jumping. I used 12 and 15# dumbbells for this. I then did 21 Day Fix 10 minute hardcore, 11 minutes, 51 calories. I liked this one. I finished with Pilates Fix Extreme, 34 minutes, 130 calories. This was not an easy workout. I liked it. It used the b lines (tubing throughout) It had a lot of core work in it. Total time was 80 minutes and calories burned 402. I was disappointed in the 21 Day countdown to competition plan. I thought it would be a book of sorts. Not a pamphlet. The idea of having oatmeal and egg white for breakfast and 7 meals of cod fish and veggies in a day is a bit nauseating. I like fish but I doubt I would want to do that very much. Maybe I need to read it over better. My daughter and her husband got back from Alaska today and picked up my grandson. We took the children out to a charbroiler last night so I did not eat so well. Hopefully today I can get started back to tracking,

Today I did another Cathe Live workout and loved it!!! I have had such a hard time this past year motivating myself to workout everyday. Well, It is because I am so sick of the same type of workouts that I have been doing forever. I woke up so excited to try a new workout that I didn't even have to push myself to get into my gym! Today I did Barbell Upper Body and LOVED it! It's a lot like Power Hour but so much better. My arms were so tired I could hardly lift them to blow dry my hair afterwards. These workouts are tough if you challenge your weight selection. I added additional abs at the end of the workout because swim suit season is right around the corner!
Workout was 1 hour and I burned 365 calories. I cant believe how many workouts you get to choose from for $10 per month. I have just found my happy place.

Diane Sue- Thanks for all the info on the Cathe Live classes. I will preview the ones you suggested and go from there. I think the workout I did today has got to be close to a Les Mills Pump workout. Very long rep range that really burns.

Debbie and Roselyn- You have to sign up if you are looking for new workouts for little money. Its kinda fun, its like your working out with the whole class.

Have a great day! Off to preview more workouts.

Jolie, that is the way I felt while doing the workouts. I also got to where I would keep checking to see if they had posted yet on Wednesday evening what Thursday's workout would be. When I did some of the 2014 workouts I could see how they changed how they did things and improved on them. I did workout #1 once and at first I was afraid Cathe was going to have her back to me the whole time. They adjusted after a few minutes and then she was facing me. I guess they were seeing what worked best at the time. I get a kick out of some of her errors and she will have you go back and do a whole section over again. Sometimes Cathe makes me laugh. It is like you are right there working out with them.

Today I did 4DS Shoulders and had a great workout. I also did the Calves and Ab work on this workout. Warmed up with GS Shoulders, Back & Biceps.

Round 1
Seated Overhead Press
- 8's/10's/12's/15's - Pyramid sets (16/12/10/8 reps)

Round 2
Alternate OH Press
- 15's & 12's - 3 sets/4 reps
SS w/
Upright Dumbbell Rows – 15's - 12 reps

Round 3

Lateral Raises
– 10's/8's/8's - 3 sets/8 reps

Round 4
Front/Rear Raises
– 8's/5's - 2 sets/8 reps
SS w/
Rear Delt Flyes – 5's - 2 sets/12 reps

Round 5

External Rotation Pulls w/Band

Calves
Abs

Diane Sue - So when you join, do you get choices of what you want to do? Is it all cardio or does she do weight work as well? I may have to check it out, sounds like fun!!

Have a great workout everyone and a great weekend! So glad it's Friday!!!

Debbie it has cardio, weights, some combined and some just total body or upper or lower. Check out the link I gave Jolie first and see what ones you might want to do. That list gives a brief description of each workout. Ones like the upper body barbell Jolie just did is all upper body. Lower body tri-sets is all lower. You won't find just one upper body part.

Today I got my butt kicked! I chose the Quick Fix Kickboxing which was the 100th episode workout. I used 1 pound gloves for the workout and I had a blast! This workout was not only hard but a ton of fun as well. I burned 610 calories and the workout was an hour. There are quite a bit of leg exercises as well as boxing, upper body and cardio. I recommend this workout to everyone. I now realize that I have not been working out hard enough, in terms of cardio and HIIT training. These girls in the class kicked my butt! I hung in there so I'm pround of myself. I need to build up my endurance slowly but surely.

Debbie, you just subscribe for the month and you have access to all the live classes. You pick what you want to do and you can preview them the day before so you are prepared for the class. I just set my laptop up in the gym room and join the class. I got a cable so I can connect my computer into the big screen tv. I will do that tomorrow and see if it works. Not one workout so far has been easy or boring. I'm really pushing myself out of my comfort zone and doing more cardio to loose the weight. You can do total body, upper body, lower body and cardio classes. It is definatly a fun change of pace.

Have a great day, to the shower I go.

Today I did 3 21 Day Fix Extreme workouts. I started with 21 Day Fix Challenge, this was a bonus workout. I really liked it. It was surprising since she had you get out the mat and you start out with the inch worm. I t just kept adding on and I got more and more fatigued. Those last 3 rounds of everything were tough. This was 30 minutes and I burned 195 calories. My max hr was 146. I probably could have got it a bit higher but I was being really careful with the shoulder and the knee. I then did 21 Day Fix Extreme Upper body, 33 minutes, 129 calories. I went very light on this because my biceps and triceps are still sore from Wednesday's 4 giant sets from the ice workouts. I used 10's and 5's. I mainly wanted to see what the workout was like. I finished off with 21 Day Fix Extreme Yoga, 30 minutes, 91 calories. Total time was 93 minutes and I burned 415 calories.
Yesterday's meals
usual morning coffee, half and half, Amazing Grass Acai Berry and BCAA
Lunch
spring salad mix with chicken breast chunks I had previously cooked, onions, sugar free nitrate free bacon, awesome sauce
Snack
Bodylogix protein powder
canned full fat coconut milk
unsweetened coconut flakes
almond
raw honey
Dinner
Bad Ass Bowl
1503 calories 24% carb; 52% fat; 24% pro (not a bad start back but not wonderful)
Today so far I started with my usual morning and lunch was cauliflower rice, egg, and awesome sauce

Jolie, that sounds like a good workout. That one came out after I cancelled the Live workouts. I will have some new stuff to look forward to when I come back :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.

Back