Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for May 2016

Today's Meals
morning coffee with Bulletproof Collagen and grass fed butter. I think I prefer half and half to the butter and less calories. I know the butter has nutrients in it though. Amazing Grass berry 40,000 orac mixed with maca powder in water
Amino Boost bcaa during workout
lunch
hulk shake with Chameleon mocha cold brew coffee instead of water, avocado half, Bodylogix vanilla whey, 1 tbs cocoa powder, maca powder
snack
spring greens, lean ground beef with seasoning mix for Bad ass bowl, whole 30 ranch dressing with some chipotle powder mixed in
dinner
grilled chicken breast, virgin coconut oil, steamed asparagus, Sunshine Sauce from the whole 30 cookbook
1465 calories 19% carb; 45% fat; 35% protein

Deb, thanks. My brother said that some of the cellulitis went down a bit. They said no blood clots. They are keeping him longer though. Hopefully he will be able to go home soon and get better. When I go back and do some of Cathe's older workouts I find they can still be pretty tough and affective. I know they are always trying to come up with something new and different to sell the workouts. I just want them to work and not injure myself. I also like them to be fun. I suppose I am asking a lot :) I would not want to be the one trying to make everyone happy.

Roselyn, I did that workout Monday. I was worried about my knee but it did not seem to affect it too badly. I was limping out of bed this morning. Just sore.

Hi to Jolie:)

Today I did a Cardio Coach mix I made up myself mixing up a few different workouts from CC. Had a great workout but was hard to get started. I feel like I didn't even sleep last night. I hate when I feel this way.

Workout was 50 minutes, ran 3.22 miles, burned 318 calories and went 6578 steps.

Diane Sue - I'm glad your nephew is doing better, how scary. I just think Cathe took more time with her earlier workouts because the newer ones just seem rushed, the music doesn't go with their movements (especially in the warmups), the music sucks (imo) and I just see a cheaper made product. Workouts are still good, but all that little stuff make a difference to me.

Jolie - I am lucky, I seem to be able to get away with eating carbs. I eat them all day long. I love my oatmeal in the morning and have pasta a few nights a week for dinner. I guess it's just how our bodies process carbs. Mine seem to like them.

Roselyn - I've been wanting to do Muscle Max as well. Love that workout.

No workout yesterday, my mom came to visit so I spent the time with her instead. :) She is going to Las Vegas so I did her hair color and cut so she would look fabulous.

Todays workout was upper body. I did two Cathe live workouts, both short so It ended up being 1 hour and 15 minutes. I did Barbell Upper Body and Express Upper Body. I did two because I wanted to get a better workout and hit all sides of the muscle. Each workout does different exercises so it worked out well. I burned 465 calories.

I am loving these workouts, the only thing is you have to lift lighter weights because there are so many reps, super sets and Giant sets. It feels great to shock the body, mine doesn't know what to expect which is good. I am leaning out a little, loosing the mass I had built up during the winter.

Diane Sue, I will pray for your nephew!

Debbie, great workout! Those weights you are using are impressive. I will go back and use Cathe's older workouts soon, they look fun.

Roselyn, I wish I could cut out the carbs but I get so light headed when I workout if I don't have them in my diet. I know that's why I have some fat in my mid section. :( You are very disciplined, I wish I could be more like that.

I hope you all have a great day!

I love Muscle Max too! Also, I love the Gym Style workouts, the cast looks amazing and It really inspires me to lift heavy. Remember Leaner Legs, that's a great burner, high reps a lot of pulses, I might have to do that soon.

Today workout was a nice long cardio and yoga. I did Ripped with Hiit Low Impact Hiit both workouts mix, keeping the stretch active, then I did Ice Low Impact Sweat workout 1 skipping the warm up, 71 minutes, 540 calories. I used 5 and 8# with the Ice workout. I then did 21 Day Fix Extreme Yoga, 30 minutes,, 98 calories. Total time was 1 hr 41 minutes, 638 calories. :D I got my new strap from Polar. It started out high and I was about ready to just figure it would not work. Well when I was setting up it decided to straighten out to normal heart rate start up. It worked throughout the cardio but, when I stopped and started with the Yoga it quit working. My HR registered around 175 through most of the yoga workout till the last few minutes and once it went to 0. I just took the three readings I had with my watch and went mid range on the calories burned since the times I did this it ranged from 95-104. It is odd how new HR equipment will work right out of the package and then go nuts.

Deb, you are lucky that you can get away with the carbs. I can get away with it a day or two but it catches up with me. I used to do loads of cardio and eat tons of carbs but low fat. That worked for a long time but I had so many migraines. I think there must have been something to the diet.
I hated some of the music on the older workouts like Slow and Heavy. Some of those soundtracks have been used by so many other instructors on their workouts as well. I like the music on Two the Max and Party Rockin Step. I like most of the newer stuff much better than what a lot of other instructors use. I don't know what happened but they all seem to have this generic same type of soundtrack that gets boring. It makes it hard for me to enjoy the workouts. Beachbody has a lot of soundtracks that I do not like. I like Turbo Fire, Les Mills Pump and Combat. They are fun. Tony's workout soundtracks are boring. 21 Day Fix is not good for music either. I would do Turbo Fire more but there is an awful lot of jumping turning and pivoting the legs around quickly and I worry about my knees. I have a question, you have the Fit Bit Surge right? I was wondering if it worked better than say the HR Charge and if you can recharge it or if you have to keep buying batteries. They look a little large to me. I did read that they worked well for more steady cardio than say, Hiit?

Jolie, I used to use the CTX leaner legs and the workout with all of the upper portions on alternate days and then all of the abs combined workouts on cardio days. I had nice lean results with that. Now I look at it and think that might be like torture. I might be surprised though. Really something like leaner legs makes my knees hurt from all of the nonstop repetitions. I loved Muscle Max and I really liked the Live version that does not use the step.

I am going to go start us a June check in

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.