Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for July 2016

Todays workout was Shoulders, and I made my own workout up today. I did five exercise, all progressive sets with a 30 second rest in between sets. I am going back to lifting heavy, I like it better and believe it or not, after all the cardio and light weight work I did over the last two months, I gained 3 pounds!!! WTF!!! I did gain some muscle in my legs and in my abs for sure, but I didn't loose any FAT! I am very discouraged at this point. I tried to burn 600 calories a day to loose weight and nothing come off? So, I am back to what I love best.

Overhead Press
15# x 15
20# x 12
25 x 8
25# x 8
20# x 12
15# x 15

Lateral raise
5# x 15
8# x 12
10# x 8
10# x 8
8# x 12
15# x 15 could have gone heavier.

Upright Rows
12# x 15
15# x 12
20# x 8
20# x 8
15# x 12
12# x 15

Rear Flies
8# x 15
10# x 12
12# x 8
12# x 8
10# x 12
8# x 15 Could have gone heavier.

Incline Front Raise 2 arms
8# x 15
10# x 12
12# x 8
12# x 8
10# x 12
8# x 15

This is my kind of workout. I also invested in Whey protein again and this makes me very happy. I just don't eat enough protein so supplementing it helps me with muscle gain.

Girls, we are kicking butt with the workouts lately! I am so proud of us!!!:)

Today I did Body Beast Bulk Chest. This is week 6, Had great workout. I went up with weight on a few exercises again.

Super Set
Incline Fly:
15s/20s/25s - 15/12/8/8 reps
Incline Dumbbell Press: 20s/25s/30s/25s - 15/12/8/8 reps (last two sets were drop sets)

Force Set
Chest Press w/Rotation:
20s - 5 sets/5 reps no rest
(Killer!)

Progressive Set
Incline Press:
15s/25s/30s/30s/25s/15s - 15/12/8/8/12/15 reps

Combo Set
Close-Grip Press to Fly:
15s/20/s/25s - 15/12/8 reps

Multi-Set
Decline Pushups:
15/12/8 reps
Russian Twist: 30 seconds 2 sets - used 10#

Walked 2 miles on my treadmill.

We had no internet since yesterday at 6:30 p.m. Thinking it might have something to do with the RNC here in Cleveland. Not sure though, it's working now.

Roselyn - I will keep your mom in my prayers. It is so hard to see them decline. My mom will be 79 in two weeks. Doesn't seem possible. So you're mom and dad just got a puppy?

Jolie - Nice workout this morning!! I just ordered some protein peanut butter. Can't wait to get it!!

Diane Sue - Nice workout, wow 99 minutes!! Crazy!!! I have a cat with a tricky stomach as well and what a pain. We have to buy special food for him or he throws up every day. What are they putting in their food? You gotta wonder.

Jolie, I am having to cut my fat intake down a bit to lose some weight along with the the additional cardio. It seems to be getting harder with age. It used to be easy. If I eat much over 40 % calories from fat I stay the same or gain. I also have had to lower the calories. I used to eat in excess of 2200 calories a day with no problem at all. Usually trying to keep the weight on. But, then I was a bit fat phobic too and I ate tons of salad with fat free dressing which really is terrible unhealthy stuff.(the fat free dressing). I used to try to keep fat to 20% of calories. Still I have been lower carb for a very long time. Bread and grains only rarely. Reading Whole 30 I would do better to increase some starchy carb like sweet potatoes which would give me more energy. I really need to cut nuts, nut butter, nut milk out, and the 1-2 Tablespoons honey out. This is for both my allergies and arthritis. Also energy levels get zapped a lot of the time. I try to pay attention to what diet was on the days I feel really energized and rested.

Debbie, I have read so many frightening things about pet foods. The grain free food I used to feed my dogs changed ownership to Diamond pet foods. The formula was obviously different. My dogs did not want to eat it. I saw someone post pictures of the different look of the kibble on Amazon. A lot of peoples dogs were sick from it. I quit using it after I lost my other dog last August. She was so sick. I swear she would generally eat everything in sight. Today Gertie would not eat. I came back from shopping for new food and she had picked the canned off of the kibble that I had been adding to encourage her to eat. I had started using Candidae which is not a cheap brand. Again I had read some people whose dogs were sick from it. I bought Pollun and Castor grain free this time. The other had barley in it along with cellulose. Why do they want to fill food with cellulose?? They do it to humans as well. I buy cheese blocks and grate my own to avoid the cellulose added. Oh, and many companies get products from China that goes into those dog foods. She ate the new food with no canned when I came home. Hopefully we can lick this because it will be a miserable 4 hour drive to the cabin Saturday if she is sick.

Today I did Body Beast Arms. Had a great workout and my arms will be sore for sure!!

Progressive Set
Standing Dumbbell Curls:
10s/15s/20s/20s/15s/10s - 15/12/8/8/12/15 reps

Single Set
Tricep Extension:
20#/25#/35#/25# - 15/12/8/8 reps (Last two sets were drop sets)

Force Set
Wide EZ Bar Curl:
30# - 5 sets/5 reps no rest
(I used a straight bar again)

Single Set
Skull Crushers:
20#/30#/40#/30# - 15/12/8/8 reps (Last two sets were drop sets)

Progressive Set
Hammer Concentration Curls:
10s/12s/15s/15s/12s/10s - 15/12/8/8/12/15 reps
(do not like this exercise so I changed it to seated simultaneous hammer curls)

Progressive Set
Single Arm Kickbacks:
5s/10s/12s/12s/10s/5s - 15/12/8/8/12/15 reps

Single Set
Weighted Cruch:
Skipped

I also walked on my treadmill for 2 miles.

Diane Sue - I know what you mean about pet food. The scary thing is, they are doing the same thing with our foods. God only knows what we are all really eating. I hope your dog is ok by Saturday. Not fun.

Hello to Roselyn & Jolie. Hope you girls have a great workout today. Roselyn - I hope your mom is doing better.

Today I did Ice Bootcamp Circuit premix upper and abs only, 28 minutes, 103 calories. I then did Ice Chiseled Upper Body 43 minutes, 149 calories. This seemed pretty low for me going heavy and the time length. I finished off with the Muscle Meltdown shoulders from Ice Lower Body Blast, 18 minutes, 69 calories. I think my shoulders were pretty well worked by the time I was done with all of this. Total time was 89 minutes and calories burned 316. I listed the weights used but, skipped the Bootcamp circuit weighs which were similar to Upper body.
Muscle Meltdown shoulders
12 reps each exercises giant sets of 5 exercises
overhead press 15's x12 reps
upright row 15's x 12 reps
standing side lateral raise 8's x 12 reps
front raise 15# x 12 reps
rear delt on ball 8# 12 reps right then 12 reps left
same for all 3 rounds except I raise the weights to 10's on the final side lateral raise
Chiseled upper body
swinging military press 8's
triple dead row/ upright row/ shrug 12's#
windmills 8's# 8 right 8 left
hammer curl/ clutch curl 12's#
overhead press/overhead extension 10's# 8 reps
forward tilt bent arm lateral raise 10's 12 reps and 6 reps
rotational rows 15's # 2 sets 16 reps
discus throw 5# left then right 2 sets
3 curls/1 press 10's
triceps push ups with leg lift body weight 12,8,4
chest fly with leg extension 12's# 16, 12 reps
pull over extensions (1 arm a leg) 10's # 16 reps right 16 reps left 8 reps both
bear crawl plank walks bodyweight
high plank descents bodyweight 12reps
high plank descents wide arm bodyweight 8 reps and hold
knee push ups bodyweight

Debbie, nice job on the weights today. They keep trying to make legislation to hide what is in our food. I believe they want to take the no GMO off the labels. I try to avoid them as much as possible. I have a hard time believing that making plants sort of their own pesticide or repellant is necessarily safe. It gives the world a larger food supply so there are not so many starving people but it is worrisome. There seems to be a lot more food allergies than there used to be.

Todays workout was Chest and Triceps. I put together my own workout and I like it a lot! 30 second rest except for the Drop Sets, no rest.

DB Chest Press
15# x 15
20# x 12
25# x 8
25# x 8
20# x 12
15# x 15

Chest Flies
25# x 12, x 10, x 8
Drop Set
20# x 8
15# x 8

Incline DB Chest Press
25# x 12, x 10, x8
Drop Set
20# x 8
15# x 8

Incline Flies
20# x 12, x 10, x 8
Drop Set
15# x 8
12# x 8

Close Grip Chest Press
15# x 12, x 10, x 8
Drop Set
12# x 8

Lying Tricep Extentions
8# x 15
10# x 12
12# x 8
12# x 8
10# x 12
8# x 15

Cross Body Ext.
15# x 12, x 10, x 8
Drop Set
12# x 8
10# x 8
8# x 8

2 Arm Kickbacks
10# x 12, x 10, x 8
Drop Set
8# x 8
5# x 15 TF

Nice workouts girls! Roselyn, I hope your mother is ok!
Its hot here so I am avoiding cardio.

Jolie, it is hot here. I try to get my workouts in early. In the afternoon with Smart hours our house heats up to about 83. Tomorrow is a critical alert so from 2-7 it is 42 cents a kilowatt hour. That is a huge increase in cost. I am going to do my shopping during some of those hours. Nice workout for chest. I think chest is my least favorite body part to work. Second is shoulders. It seems everything works the shoulders without working the shoulders.

I wanted to get a cardio workout in this week so today I did a Cardio Coach mix I made with Candace's workouts. O.M.G. I cannot believe how hard this workout was for me. My cardio endurance has sunk to about nothing since I haven't been doing any due to Body Beast. HR was sky high, breathing was horrible. I actually had to quit this workout after Challenge 2 because I just could not do anymore. I'm very upset about this because usually I can get my cardio endurance back almost immediately. Maybe I'm just having an off day.

Anyways, I will finish my 6th week of BB this week (getting tired of it anyways), next week me and my dh are on vacation so I'm taking an entire rest week off and then when I come back I will do a three day lifting rotation (probably the one Roxie and I did a while back using new exercises and some from Sagi since I like some of them so well) and two days of cardio. I miss cardio anyways. Love the BB workouts, but need more cardio.

Today's workout was 47 minutes, ran 3 miles and burned 332 calories. Went 6095 steps.

Nice workout girl!!! Gotta go get my mom so no personals right now. Have a great day!

Today I did Urban Rebounding Extreme Metabolic Training Amy Bento Kickbox Intervals, 53 minutes, heart rate 124 avg. /154 max, 370 calories. I have always loved this workout. She has a nice stretch at the end and the abs are good. I did have a hard time with the bear crawl move off of the side of the rebounder. Not so hard going out but, getting back up to a standing position was tough. I used 2# sand weights for the cardio and 3# sand weights for the abs. I then did Boot camp Circuit blizzard blast, 12 minutes, 70 calories, Ice Muscle Meltdown Back, 21 minutes, 99 calories, and finished off STS weights and plates abs 19 minutes, 83 calories. 1 hr 46 minutes, 622 calories.
Muscle Meltdown Back 12 reps per exercise
3 rounds of 5 exercises
one arm row 30#
pullover 20's # 40# total the first set I used a Bow flex select tech but decided the two dumbbells was better.
one arm wide row 25# , 35#, 35#
Deadlift 30's#

Debbie, I have done some of those weight workouts so much I get bored with them. I rarely do a 60-90 day program. I will have 2 days at least off this weekend. It may be 3 if I don't get up early on Saturday.

Last edited:
Todays workout was just BACK. It is so hot and it is hard to get motivated so that's all I wanted to do.

Wide Grip Pull Downs
60# x 12, x 12, x 12, x 12

Narrow Grip pull downs
60# x 12, x 12

Barbell Rows-
55# x 12,x 10, x 8
35# x 20 Back off set

1 Arm Rows-
30# x 12, x 10, x 8
20# x 13 Back off set

Dead Lifts-
50# x 12, x 10, x 8, x 12 TF

Debbie, I get it with the Cardio. I like to fit in at least two days if possible otherwise I get out of shape cardiovascular wise. Nice workout anyway. You will get it all back in no time.

Diane Sue, great workout today too!

Today I did Body Beast Bulk Shoulders. Had great workout. I was bummed because I forgot to set my Fitbit to keep track of my workout. I had it all set up but forgot to push the start button. Dummy!!!

Super Set
Lateral Raise:
8s/10s/12s - 15/12/8 reps
Arnold Press: 10s/12s/15s/10s - 15/12/8/8 reps (last two sets were drop sets)

Progressive Set
Upright Row:
20#/30#/35#/35#/30#/20# - 15/12/8/8/12/15 reps

Super Set
Alternate Front Raise:
5s/10s/12s - 15/12/8 reps (went up here, these were tough)
Plate Twist Twist: 12# plate - 3 sets/10 reps (went up here as well)

Progressive Set
Reverse Fly:
10s/12s/15s/15s/12s/10s - 15/12/8/8/12/15 reps (should have gone heavier)

Super Set
Superman Stretch:
Skipped
PlankTwist Twist: Skipped

Instead of doing the last super set, I did BEAST ABS. This was my first time doing this workout. I keep forgetting about it. I really liked it.

Walked 2 miles on my treadmill.

Diane Sue - I get bored doing the same workouts as well. I was looking at the Beast schedule and I would have to do Bulk for two more weeks. Then the last phase is mixing both Build and Bulk. Just too long of a rotation for me.

Jolie - Nice workout. I know how you feel, it's hard to workout when it's so hot out. We may hit 100 tomorrow which is unheard of here in Ohio.

Roselyn - Hope all is well with you and your parents.

Today I did Ice Low Impact Sweat mish mosh scrambled mix, all step with blizzard blast mixed in, 37 minutes, 258 calories. I then did Muscle Meltdown Biceps, 15 minutes, 77 calories. I wanted to do triceps and do not have the Ice workout with it on it so I did 2 giant sets of the moves on the Ice workout on my own then I put in Amy Bento Ross Drop Set Strength and did triceps, core, and the stretch. She does a nice stretch on this one using the stability ball. This took 43 minutes, and I burned 165 calories Workout was 80 minutes and calories burned 423. Muscle Melt Down Biceps Giant sets 12 reps each exercise 3 rounds
standing curl 22.5's; 20's; 20's
standing hammer curl 22.5's ; 20's; 20's
preacher curl 15's; 15's; 15's
incline hammer curl 15's; 15's; 15's
concentration curl 20; 20; 20
Triceps giant sets 12 reps 2 rounds
overhead extension 30;30
kickbacks 15's; 15;s
dips 35# barbell in lap using step 2nd rnd, first round 25# dumbbell
lying extension 35# barbell both rounds
close grip press 20's the first round 35# barbell second round
Drop Set Strength
wide kickbacks 12 reps 15's; 12's; 10's
overhead extension 2 dumbbells with a squeeze together 12's, 10's 8's
triceps drop push ups on knees
triceps push ups up to a jump 10 reps (sort of like a burpee hands on step push up)10 reps
triceps push ups 6 with right leg lifted 6 with left leg lifted

Debbie, Beast abs is a good one. It is not real long either.

Last edited:
My mom came home Wednesday, alot of healing ahead of her and waiting for her bladder biopsy, that infection has to be all cleared up before they go in and do anything so back and forth helping them out

I did do bulk back yesterday and shoulders this morning. got beast cardio in wed.

Thanks for praying, keep them coming.

Today I did Body Beast Bulk Legs. Last workout with BB for a while. I had a great workout, this is a really good leg workout other than that annoying Eric guy being on it. I'm on vacation next week so probably won't be posting much until Aug. 1st. August, how can that be????

Single Set
Front to Back Lunge:
12s/15s/20s - 15/12/8
(I did static lunges. These types of movement lunges bothers my knees)

Progressive Set
Dumbbell Squats:
15s/20s/25s/25s/20s/15s - 15/12/8/8/12/15 reps

Force Set
Full to 1/2 Sumo Squat:
30# - 5 sets/5 reps no rest

Progressive Set
Split Squat w/Bar:
20#/35#/45#/45#/35#/20# - 15/12/8/8/12/15 reps

Super Set
Stiff Leg Deadlift:
20s/25s/30s/20s - 15/12/8/8 reps (Last two sets were drop sets)
Alternate Side Squats: 12# - 3 sets/10

Super Set
Calf Raises:
Skipped
Beast Abs: Skipped
(Just didn't feel like doing these today,)

Then I walked on my treadmill for 2 miles.

Roselyn - Glad your mom is home. I hope she has a speedy recovery. I hope her biopsy comes back negative. Prayers to you and your family.

Diane Sue - Nice workout yesterday. I like Amy Bento's workouts. I can't remember what I have from her, but I believe it's a kickboxing one. She's fun.

Jolie - Hope you are doing well and staying cool!!!

No workout yesterday, we had no POWER from 8am to 6:30pm! This will be the same on this coming Monday as well! I went for a dog walk this morning and my friends big dog came running at me and knocked me to the ground. I am bruised and sore. I may not workout today because my neck is killing me and my left leg and hip are very sore. Why me I ask?

Have a great day everyone and Debbie, I hope you have a fantastic vacation!

Today was legs. I did Ice Chiseled Lower Body again but as is no premixes, 49 minutes, 272 calories and using heavier weights. I then did Great Glutes premix standing only, compound, firewalker, and chair segments. I went a little heavier and picked up a heavier weight for the calf raises. This was 46 minutes and calories burned 178. Total time was 95 minutes.
I have a lot to get done today for the trip. I got up at 5:30 this morning so got an early start.

Debbie, I like Amy's workouts. She comes up with different ways of doing moves and there are some nice stretches on her workouts. I think if I remember right you have her Kick box Surge workout. I need to pull that one out. For some reason that one slipped my mind. Maybe if I have time I could do it in the morning before we leave. Enjoy your time off of work. This summer seems to have flown by

Roselyn, I will continue to pray for your mother. Praying also that they do not find anything they are able to do the biopsy.

Jolie, I am sorry. Was the neighbor's dog not on a leash? Was the owner out with the dog? I know we have a lot of neighbors that come out with their dogs that are little not on leash. I hope that you are not hurt to badly.

Several hours after the fall I am ok. No, the dog was off the leash, but I knew it. The dog was running up to say hello to my dog and didn't stop in time. Just an accident. I did however, motivate myself to workout. Today was Biceps and ABS. I did Ripped with Hiit Biceps and Core #1. I added on more bicep exercises because I think this workout is too short. I really like to burn out the bis and get a good pump.

BB curls ( narrow grip, normal grip, wide grip)
35# x 12, x 12, x 12

Finisher- W curls 12# x 25

Conc. Curls-
20# x 12, x 10, x 10

Finisher- Crazy 8's BB 25# x 24

Hammer Curls
15# x 15, x 12, x 12 could go heavier next time

Finsher- Crazy 8's BB 25# x 24

Extra exercises-

W curls- 12# x 20
Quarter Stop Curls-12# x 10 rounds (STS #1 exercise which I love) go heavier next time
Preacher Curls- 12# x 18 Go heavier next time
Conc. Curls 1.5- 12 x 12 Go heavier next time
Seated Alt Curls, then 2 arms- 15# x 12 alternating, x 8 both arms

ABS # 1 from this DVD.

I cant believe how strong I feel after lifting so light for the last couple of months. I guess my muscles need a break.

The scale is going down since I stopped HIIT. I think there is such a dread factor that my body produced too much Cortisol and I get fat. Also, I am so hungry when I workout like that, I make poor food choices. I also added back my protein powder and my body is loving it!!!:)

Diane Sue, I love that workout you did today, it looks tuff. You are in such good shape, I really am proud of you!

Roselyn, I will pray for your mother.

My Aunt died yesterday and my father is devastated. She shared a birthday with me and we were close, RIP Aunt Marilyn. She died of cancer and she was in pain and wanted to go. :(

Jolie, I am glad that you are okay. Dogs get so excited. Even when they are usually calm it happens. I believe changing the workouts often really does help. Most of the time hiit is recommended as short cardios. I have read a lot about cotisol and it is often recommended to not work at a high intensity.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Several hours after the fall I am ok. No, the dog was off the leash, but I knew it. The dog was running up to say hello to my dog and didn't stop in time. Just an accident. I did however, motivate myself to workout. Today was Biceps and ABS. I did Ripped with Hiit Biceps and Core #1. I added on more bicep exercises because I think this workout is too short. I really like to burn out the bis and get a good pump.

BB curls ( narrow grip, normal grip, wide grip)
35# x 12, x 12, x 12

Finisher- W curls 12# x 25

Conc. Curls-
20# x 12, x 10, x 10

Finisher- Crazy 8's BB 25# x 24

Hammer Curls
15# x 15, x 12, x 12 could go heavier next time

Finsher- Crazy 8's BB 25# x 24

Extra exercises-

W curls- 12# x 20
Quarter Stop Curls-12# x 10 rounds (STS #1 exercise which I love) go heavier next time
Preacher Curls- 12# x 18 Go heavier next time
Conc. Curls 1.5- 12 x 12 Go heavier next time
Seated Alt Curls, then 2 arms- 15# x 12 alternating, x 8 both arms

ABS # 1 from this DVD.

I cant believe how strong I feel after lifting so light for the last couple of months. I guess my muscles need a break.

The scale is going down since I stopped HIIT. I think there is such a dread factor that my body produced too much Cortisol and I get fat. Also, I am so hungry when I workout like that, I make poor food choices. I also added back my protein powder and my body is loving it!!!:)

Diane Sue, I love that workout you did today, it looks tuff. You are in such good shape, I really am proud of you!

Roselyn, I will pray for your mother.

My Aunt died yesterday and my father is devastated. She shared a birthday with me and we were close, RIP Aunt Marilyn. She died of cancer and she was in pain and wanted to go. :(
I am sorry that you lost your aunt to cancer.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.