Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for July 2016

Debbie the 20's were dumbbells, barbell on the incline presses

Single Set
Front to back lunge
-12,10,8, reps 21#,23#,25# (dumbbells)

Progressive Set
Squat-
15,12,8,8,12,15 reps 28#,31#,33#,33#,31#,28# (dumbbells)

Force Set
Full to 1/2 sumo squat
-40# barbell

Progressive set
Split Squat with barbell
-15,12,8,8,12,15 reps 50#,55#,60#,60#,55#,50#

Stiff leg deadlift/alt side squat
Deadlift -
15,12,8,8, 45#,46#48#46# barbell
Alt side squat-10 reps 3X I used a 25# dumbbell

finished with some ab work

Today's workout was low impact cardio and Strength with a step. That absolutely kicked my butt! I have not used a step in years and this workout used three risers on each side! Total workout time was one hour and 30 minutes. I added on more shoulder exercises as well as biceps and triceps. This workout has a great ab segment as well. Total calories burned were 642.

Nice workouts everyone!

I will not be posting tomorrow because I have a insurance exam to take which will probably not allow me to work out. wish me luck! My posts have been short due to the fact that I have been studying a lot the last couple of weeks. I will be back on track after tomorrow.

Today I did Body Beast Bulk Legs. I really like this leg workout and that is saying a lot since I hate working my legs. This one is fun, though. I hate that Eric guy, though, what a knob.

Single Set
Front to Back Lunge:
10s/12s/15s - 15/12/8
(I did static lunges. These types of movement lunges bothers my knees)

Progressive Set
Dumbbell Squats:
15s/20s/25s/25s/20s/15s - 15/12/8/8/12/15 reps

Force Set
Full to 1/2 Sumo Squat:
25# - 5 sets/5 reps no rest

Progressive Set
Split Squat w/Bar:
20#/30#/40#/40#/30#/20# - 15/12/8/8/12/15 reps

Super Set
Stiff Leg Deadlift:
20s/25s/30s/20s - 15/12/8/8 reps (Last two sets were drop sets)
Alternate Side Squats: 3 sets/10 reps Used BW for first set and then 12's for last two sets.

Super Set
Calf Raises:
15s - 2 sets/50 reps
Beast Abs: 2 sets spelling th word BEAST

Then I walked on my treadmill for 2 miles.

Diane Sue - I agree, you just need to pick and choose what to get on Amazon. I find most of the stuff is good. Nice workout!

Roselyn - Nice workout with Bulk Legs! You are killing these workouts with your weights! Very impressive!!

Jolie - Have a great day off today. Nice workout yesterday!!!

Today I did Kelly Coffey Cardio Kick Step boxing total workout horizontal and vertical step with the kneeling core which I don't think I will do again. Too uncomfortable kneeling on one knee for that long. I ended up standing in a lunge position doing the punches and twists with the 3# weights. 71 minutes, 418 calories. My heart rate monitor really gave low readings the last couple of days. My average heart rate was 113 . I then did Ice Low Impact Sweat workout 1, 28 minutes, 162 calories average heart rate 112. I really felt I was working harder than this through both workouts and this was with the watch. I finished off with Amy Ross Rumble Dynamic stretch 14 minutes, 45 calories. Time was 1 hour 54 minutes and calories burned 625. I did a lot just to get in my goal calories for the day. I am probably burning more calories than that because I am consuming more calories than burned according to My Fitness Pal. My weight has dropped a little.

Debbie, nice workout today.

Jolie, good luck with the exam.

Roselyn, I don't know why but those front to back lunges were something that I always dreaded.

I too hate front to back lunges!!

Today was Bulk Arms

Standing Curl
15,12,8,812,15 18#,20#,21#,21.20.18(dumbbells)

Tricep Extension
15,12,8,8, ,27#,28#, 27# (dumbbells)

Wide Barbell Curl
5 sets 5 times 40+weighted gloves

Skull Crusher
15,12,8,8, 16#,18#,20#.18# (dumbbells)

Hammer Curl
15,12,8,8,12,15 17#,18#,20#,20#,18#,17#

Tricep Kickback
15,12,8,8,12,15 16#,17#,18#,18,17.16

and then this afternoon i had more energy and did Bulk Back

Pull Over with Pull Ups

Pull ups 3 sets of 10 with band over bar
Pullovers
15,12,8,8, 23#,25#,26#,26# dumbbells

Progressive set Reverse Grip Row
15,12,8,8,12,15 50#,56#,56+weighted gloves, 56+,56#,50# (barbell)

Force Set one arm row
5sets 5 reps 26# dumbbell

Single Set Deadlifts
15,12,8,8 25#,26#,28#,26#

Reverse Fly
15, 12 14#,15# dumbbell

and that is that!!

Today I did Body Beast Arms. Had a great workout. I like this one but changed an exercise this time and also went up in weight on almost all the exercises.

Progressive Set
Standing Dumbbell Curls:
10s/15s/20s/20s/15s/10s - 15/12/8/8/12/15 reps

Single Set
Tricep Extension:
20#/25#/30#/25# - 15/12/8/8 reps (Last two sets were drop sets)

Force Set
Wide EZ Bar Curl:
30# - 5 sets/5 reps no rest
(I used a straight bar, this was hard)

Single Set
Skull Crushers:
20#/30#/40#/30# - 15/12/8/8 reps (Last two sets were drop sets)

Progressive Set
Hammer Concentration Curls:
10s/12s/15s/15s/12s/10s - 15/12/8/8/12/15 reps
(do not like this exercise so I changed it to standing simultaneous hammer curls)

Progressive Set
Single Arm Kickbacks:
8s/10s/12s/12s/10s/8s - 15/12/8/8/12/15 reps

Single Set
Weighted Cruch:
Skipped

I did the ab work from SJ&P and also walked on my treadmill for 2 miles.

Roselyn - Dang girl, nice job with the weights. You are killing it! 40# for those 5 reps barbell curls was awesome I did 30# today and that about killed me.

Jolie - How did you do on your test? Hope all went well!

Diane Sue - Nice workout and glad you are seeing results!!! That is always a plus!!!

Hello to all. I wanted to ask Diane Sue about what happened to our checkout, and I see she is posting here. I still have a big cut on the back of my left heel, and I had a nice, proper dinner with a very old friend last night, whom I trust very much. He suggested that I put iodine on my cat scratches and cut heel. I am moving upstate in two weeks, and I am getting a bit nervous about it. Somebody is coming soon to give me an estimate on moving, but I told my boyfriend Frank that I would not sign any papers without discussing it with him first. I always have trouble sleeping, and last night was no exception.

Todays workout was a 6.5 mile walk outside. I was indoors all day yesterday so I needed to get some fresh air. Walk was 1 hour 33 minutes and I burned 700 Calories! I really pushed myself to go to a quick pace and found some hills to climb. Yes, I passed my exam!!!!! Thank you Lord Jesus for helping me get through that one, it was tough.

Debbie and Roselyn, nice job on the Body Beast workouts!! You girls are killing it. I have definitely lost some muscle in my upper body since not lifting too heavy the last month.

Diane Sue, I have some Kelly Coffey dvds I should break out, it has been awhile and I am sure I would enjoy them again. Nice job on your workout as well.

Running to pick the kids up at football so I will check back in later.

Have a great day!

Today I did a quick workout. I have my grandson here and wanted to go out early to used our community pool. It was not too hot since we have a bit of cloud cover and actually had a short shower while in the pool. No one else was there, That is the advantage of a mostly elderly neighborhood and going early on a weekday. My workout was Ice Low Impact Sweat workout #1, 28 minutes, 180 calories followed by Muscle Meltdown Back, 22 minutes ( I added a couple of extra stretches) 91 calories. I love the giant sets on these. I got Ice lower body blast today. It has the muscle meltdown for shoulders on it. For some reason there are two dvds with shoulders on them and two different workout cards. I am wondering if they are the same workouts or not. My workout was 50 minutes and calories burned 271. I did get a bit of paddling around in the pool. I am a lousy swimmer. Paddle and float on my back is about it. I try to do a breast stroke and everything is off and my legs start to sink.
The idea was that I wanted to hit each body part again once. I already did Muscle Meltdown biceps so went for back today. Tomorrow I will try the Ice leg workout and may do the muscle meltdown shoulders that is on it or leave it till Saturday and add triceps as well. I have had some areas that feel pulled a bit in the chest so I think I may have to hold off on chest again. I think the 8 sets with pullovers that I did on Kelly's shape up really cause some soreness between the delts and chest. I dropped the weight a bit today when I noticed how it felt doing the pullovers on Muscle Meltdown.

Roselyn, nice work on those weights. You are doing some incredible weight increments. I always feel my elbows are a bit achy with wide barbell curls.

Debbie, nice workout today. You got a lot done. I was thinking yesterday that I really don't know why we continue to do moves that we do not like just because they are on a workout. Because I really dread those forward back lunges and I don't think they do that much more for me than a straight lunge. I like the weighted crunches :) But then, you know me well enough that I would do them and another ab workout.

Caitlin, I just figured that you knew that the Hardcore Maniacs was here. Was it a the group before this one? It pretty much has been the same group for years, just some dropped out and others came on. Welcome back :) Are you renting the place that you are living in now?

Jolie, that was a nice long walk that you took. I bet it felt good after all of the studying and now that you can relax a bit. I am glad to hear that you passed the exam. My daughter has times she has to really study for exams that are required being a dermatologist. I think she is always a bit stressed at those times. Taking care of family, working , and studying is tough. I like a lot of the Kelly Coffey workouts a lot. Some, I would say are a lot more fun. I could really feel the Shape up one when I got up yesterday. My lats and shoulders are still sore. I think we lose the pump in the muscles a bit when we go to lighter more endurance based stuff but it definitely helps round out the look and keeps the body guessing. Usually that is when I notice a lot more vascularity. Maybe some loss of the water held in the muscles ?

Today I did Body Beast Bulk Shoulders. Had great workout. Went up in weight on a few exercises.

Super Set
Lateral Raise:
8s/10s/12s - 15/12/8 reps
Arnold Press: 10s/12s/15s/10s - 15/12/8/8 reps (last two sets were drop sets)

Progressive Set
Upright Row:
20#/30#/35#/35#/30#/20# - 15/12/8/8/12/15 reps

Super Set
Alternate Front Raise:
5s/8s/10s - 15/12/8 reps
Plate Twist Twist: 11# plate - 3 sets/10 reps

Progressive Set
Reverse Fly:
10s/12s/15s/15s/12s/10s - 15/12/8/8/12/15 reps (should have gone heavier)

Super Set
Superman Stretch:
Skipped
PlankTwist Twist: Skipped

Instead of doing the last super set, I did the Oxygen Ab Work again. Love this ab work, it is getting easier for me.

Walked 2 miles on my treadmill.

Diane Sue - I don't like front/back lunges either, I never feel them. Static lunges works so much better for me. Plus my knees don't like lunges where you have to keep going forward each time (or front and back each time), Same thing with concentration curls - I just do no feel them so why do them? Correction - I feel them, but I feel them in my elbows and not my biceps. I was never one to follow workouts exactly if the exercises didn't work for me.

Jolie - Yay on passing your exam! You go girl!!!

Hope you all have great workouts!!! Happy Friday!!

crazy couple of days bad storms, and no power for 2 days, so I did do shoulders yesterdays and did max 30 sweat intervals just now when power came back. So I am back on the grid

Today I did Ice Lower Body Blast basic premix #6 which is 95 minutes, warm up, main routine, blizzard blast, muscle meltdown shoulders, core #2, and stretch. I burned 560 calories, I was hoping for a bit more since I used heavier weights throughout and the workout manager has 828 calories listed. I did not expect that much though. I can be working what feels really hard and it always has my metabolic rate at 5.5 or 6 . Rarely more than that. I also did 19 minutes of the 36 of TRX tv flow and mobility. This was 46 calories. I had to mess with my computer a bit to get the dvd to work. It is one I had purchased the download to and made a copy. Windows media would not play it so I had to go back through Real Player. I forgot how much harder down dog and up dog is with feet suspended :0 I also found that when my 2 year old grandson had a nap here the other day and ransacked the workout room. He had my lap top out and my dvds and key board. I found Cathe's Intensity shoved up and over the drawer for the dvds in the laptop. It has some nice scratches across it so I will check it out tomorrow and hopefully it all plays well.

Debbie, I am okay with concentration curls, but I have noticed that a lot of people doing them have their arms more forward where I have mine turned more inward. I tried changing it and it did hurt through the forearm and elbow. I really do not like the ones they do in a squatted position while standing. It is extremely uncomfortable. Static lunges are so much better for being able to use decent weight and concentrate on form and the muscle. I just get a build up of lactic acid and that discomfort doing the forward back movement and it is strenuous on the knees.

Roselyn, I am sorry that you had bad storms. We had warnings of hail and high winds, but if we had bad storms I must have slept through it. Probably in other areas. The sun is out and the humidity miserable today. I am sorry that you were without power. I am usually pretty good about making sure everything is charged up to 100% power when bad storms are coming. Just in case. I have had a few times without power for several days and it was not good. My battery back up finally gave out and I have not been wanting to spend dollars for a new battery pack for it. It generally kept important things running for at least 4 more hours. Glad you managed to get something in for a workout. The only thing is without power during the summer you deal with the heat and no air.

Todays workout was STS #15 Back and Biceps.

Wide Grip Pull Downs- 60# x 12, x 12, x 12 x 13 TF

1 Arm Rows- 30# x 12, x 10, x 8, x 12 TF

BB Rows- 55# x 12, x 10, x 8, x 13 TF

Deadlifts- 50# x 12, x 10, x 10 , x 10 TF

Barbell Curls- 40# x 12, x 10, x 8, x 12 TF these killed me!

Seated Alt. Curls- 20# x 12, x 12, x 13 TF

Preacher Curls- DB 15# x 12, x 10, x 10 TF

It felt good to lift heavier again. I'm surprised that I could lift the same weight as before I went to the Cathe Live Workouts.

Diane Sue, great workout, that ICE workout is a tough one.

Roselyn, I will not have electricity on July 21 and July 25 due to them working on power poles and lines in our area! I hate not having power.

Debbie, nice Shoulder workout today. I love that workout, it is my favorite shoulder workout.

Running late to pick up my kids.

Jolie, that is crazy, what if you have food in a freezer or something? We have a generator. We used it once when my husband was out of county and our power lines were down. My son helped me get it from the storage building to the house since it is large, but I had to wait a day for them to move the downed lines before he could get to my house.

Today I did Intensity with the bonus boot camp, 70 minutes, heart rate 125 avg. /152 max, 502 calories. I then did X Train Burn Sets Triceps since I do not have the Ice workout with them on it yet, 14 minutes, 65 calories, and I finished with X Train Core #1, 10 minutes, 40 calories. I always forget which of the two core workouts that I do not really like, this one was it. Total time today was 94 minutes, calories burned 607.
Burn Sets Triceps
3 sets triceps push ups
flat bench triceps extensions pair of dumbbells 15#x 10,10,13 TF
one arm kickback 17.5# 10, 10; dropped to 15# last set TF 13 reps
overhead extensions burn set with medium tubing (I used Beach Body b-lines 15# strength tubing)

Todays workout was Total Body Sculpt. This is a long, tough and a high rep workout. I really liked this one and will do it again. My workout was 1 hour and 30 minutes and I burned 602 calories. There was an ab segment with planks but I did my own exercises because being on my toes hurts my foot and my big toe.

Diane Sue, nice workout as always. I have been not so good on my diet, craving sugar and I don't know why? I made some deviled eggs today to snack on, having some ready made protein food always helps me when I start getting sugar cravings. If I have prepared meals I am ok and don't cheat. I never have time lately to make these meals that is why I am not eating that well. I think tomorrow I will make a frittata to have when I'm hungry. I like to put in asparagus, eggs, cheese, jalapeno peppers, cilantro, green onions, tomatoes and garlic. I also like to top it with some fresh salsa and maybe some low fat sour cream and some avocado slices.

I hope you have a nice weekend.

My husband ordered me a fitbit Blaze for my birthday next month. I won't have it till late next month but am looking forward to it. I downloaded the manual so I could look over features. I guess it works with my Android phone. Does Fitbit work with a tablet? He got the extended warranty for it as well.

Jolie, I am bad about scooping out some protein powder with honey and nut butter and throwing in coconut and more nuts when there is not something prepared. It wouldn't be so bad, but it is high in calories and fat. The calories end up pushing me over the top. It helps if I keep those salads like the spiralized cucumber greek salad I just made. If it were not for that I would have just went for the other. I even get lazy about putting together a protein shake. I do have frozen prepared ahead meals ready right now though. The other day we went out of town after my workout and I had not eaten. We didn't get lunch because the restaurant was closed. This was an hour trip one way. By the time I got home I was really hungry. I ate a half bag of hot pork rinds while trying to fix my husband and I some food. I was not happy with myself. I would not have even had those in the house, but had purchased them by accident since I intended on barbecue flavored for my husband who is on a pretty much low carb diet right now. Nutrition bars and things like that, even homemade, are not an answer for me because I will eat all of them. I have to have real food with no sugar or sweeteners for things to work. Is Total Body Sculpt a live workout? I remember doing one that was much longer than they usually are.

Yesterday I did Crossfire been a long time had a great workout, today was chest and just finished and got a call and had to take my mom to the er, she is in hospital with some serious things going on so say some prayers, so meanwhile we have my dad at home who is pretty helpless without her. so my sis there tonight and tomorrow maybe my daughter or myself, he could be ok but unfortunately they have a new puppy (who they love) and he needs help taking him out:( so sad when they age. my mom is 76, dad 82 and they are gaga over this pup so I hope everything works out.

got legs in this morning, now to work and hospital to see what is going on, thankfully I have a job that will allow me to go back and forth, I am a housekeeper at a church rectory and our Monsignor is very understanding,

Today, I did another mix from Ice Chiseled Legs. I did mish mosh double it + Blizzard Blast #2 , 99 minutes, 635 calories. am surprised I got that all in. I am tired. I was work up at 4:20 because my dog was having tummy troubles. I have so much to get done this week. Getting ready to leave out for the family cabin trip. I have to go find a birthday present for my daughter and groceries. I guess I am going to the pet sstore to find a different dog food. This is my week to get a thorough house cleaning in. I need energy!! I think I used it all.

Roselyn, I hope that your mother gets better. It is so hard when our parents get older. I know for them it is sometimes hard admitting that they need help as well. That is nice that you have a job where you can leave. My grandson 16 is cleaning their church and it is not always mandatory that he get there at a certain time which is nice. He only has times like for weddngs or events that require him to get stuff done at a particular time.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.