Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for July 2016

Today was not a great calorie burn day. I started with the plan to do a premix from Tracey Staehle's High Intensity Step that is 36 minutes. I was using the Bluetooth heart rate monitor and it started going crazy 7 minutes into the workout. It has been working fine all week till now. I did not have time to keep messing with it so switched to the watch and regular transmitter and decided to do 4 Day Split Higher Intensity step workout premix, (I was having problems with Tracey's choreography since I have not done this in a long time and there is no breakdown on the mix) Workout ended up being 46 minutes because I did the segment that combines all of the combos with higher intensity bursts twice. I only burned 263 calories.

Debbie, the coupon code is listed lower down on the description of the product. it is XP6XLHIQ You enter it in the code box when you check out. They also mentioned a free sample with code Milkshake but you had to click on a sample and all of them were unavailable.

Here is what it says Buy Any 2 Flavors Get 15% off | Buy Any 3 Flavors Get 20% Off | Buy Any 4 Flavors Get 25% Off! Enter code XP6XLHIQ at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)

Last edited:
Todays workout was Cathe Live Gloved up and Ready. I used 2 pound gloves and used 8#, 10#, 12.5# and 15# weights for the lifting segment. Then I did my own should workout and did pretty well with it.

BB Overhead Press- 40# x 12, x 11, x 10
Drop Set no rest- 30# x 12, 20# x 14 TF

One arm lat raise- 12.5# x 12, x 11, x 10
Drop Set no rest- 10# x 12, 8# x 15 TF

Lateral raise 2 arms- 8# x 20 TF

Rear Flies- 12.5# x 12, x 11, x 10
Drop set no rest- 10# x 15TF, 8# x 20 TF

Front Raise 12.5 X 12, x 10, x 9 (alternating arms)

Rear raise pinkies to the sky- 5# x 20

ABS

Diane Sue, nice workout and don't worry about the calorie burn, there is always tomorrow! :)

Debbie, Great workout!!! Also, I have to start walking again, I need to lean out so you just motivated me to get on the treadmill.

Have a great day.

been busy but did get my workouts in, yesterday was Bulk arms, today I did shoulders and back going to be gone tomorrow so wanted to get my Beast in, will probably do a quick cardio in the morning.

Today I did Body Beast Bulk Shoulders. Had great workout. My shoulders are still burning.

Super Set
Lateral Raise:
5s/8s/10s - 15/12/8 reps
Arnold Press: 10s/12s/15s/10s - 15/12/8/8 reps (last two sets were drop sets)

Progressive Set
Upright Row:
20#/25#/30#/30#/25#/20# - 15/12/8/8/12/15 reps

Super Set
Alternate Front Raise:
5s/8s/10s - 15/12/8 reps
Plate Twist Twist: 10# plate - 3 sets/10 reps

Progressive Set
Reverse Fly:
8s/10s/12s/12s/10s/8s - 15/12/8/8/12/15 reps (should have gone heavier)

Super Set
Superman Stretch:
Skippe
PlankTwist Twist: Skipped

Instead of doing the last super set, I did the Oxygen Ab Work again. Getting better at the hanging leg raises, I'm feeling much stronger. My abs have been neglected for too long.

Walked 2.25 miles on my treadmill.

Diane Sue - Thanks for the explanation on the coupon codes. I think I will be ordering some of that soon.

Jolie - Nice workout! You did great on that, nice weights for the shoulder work!

Roselyn - Enjoy your day off! Nice going with that double session of Bulk!!

Todays workout was a Cathe Live, Hooked on Legs. Boy or boy this was tough for me. It moves quickly and there are so many different exercises. I could not do all of the lunges so I substituted with deadlifts, slide back lunges, leg ext., leg curs and front squats. I feel like I worked every angle of every muscle.

Workout was 1 hour and I burned 514 calories. I was dripping wet by the middle of this workout. I wanted to walk on the treadmill but I chose not to because my feet were so wet I didn't want to get blisters.

Debbie, great workout today! I love that workout, I have probably done it 50 times by now! Keep up the good work, I am sure your body is absolutely "rockin" this summer!!!

Roselyn, great workout with Body Beast!

I am short on time today so I will check back in later.

Enjoy your day!

Today I got in a better workout even thought I woke with headache and my husbands alarm at 5 am. I did Rapid Fire 4 Sweat, Susan's favorite mix that alternates the boxing and kickboxing segments and ends with the core, 72 minutes , 486 calories. I have no done this one many times because I purchased it around the time of my knee injury. I followed with Kelly Coffey Muscle Up Workout #2, 29 minutes, 136 calories. Total time was 1 hr. 41 min. and cries burned 622. I wore 1.5 # gloves for the kickboxing and 8# for the core. I went to Sprouts to pick up some things for another Paleo salad from the Paleo recipes magazine I purchased. The last one with zucchini noodles, garlic, toasted walnuts, stir in the skillet and I refrigerated leftovers to reheat and top with some chicken on one bowl and the other I topped with roast beef and the granny smith apple slices. It was so good. They called it Garlicky Zucchini Noodles. Actually I used patty pan summer squash from my daughters garden. It tastes pretty much the same. I used my spiralizer to make the noodles. Next I am going to try the Southwest Kale salad. I was so hungry after my workout and had gone straight to Sprouts at 1 oclock. I got a Chapul Aztek protein bar to try. They are made out of cricket flout. It was not bad if I could have closed my mind to the thought of crickets. I saw these recently on an episode of Shark Tank. I got dark chocolate expresso with cayenne. It sort of reminded me of the Lara bars but with a different flavor and the heat of cayenne pepper. It was more a curiosity thing about how the taste would be. I have tried the Epic bars that are Paleo. They remind me a bit of beef jerky depending on flavor but with a chewy fruit to it. Beef was way better than the chicken. I think that I would rather go home and find food.
Muscle Up weights
Underhand rows 30's, 8 reps
bench press 20's, 10 reps
3 sets
Lawn mower 30# 8 reps right then 8 left
fly 20's 8 reps
3 sets
pullover with shoulders on step 30# 8 reps
push up 20 reps
2 sets
seated Arnold press alternating 22.5#; 20#
knee in 20 reps
2 sets
lateral raise 12's; 15's
lying toe touch 20 reps
2 sets
reverse fly 15's;12's
superman prone across bench 8 reps with 3 count hold
2 sets

Debbie, you are doing great on Beast weights and still getting in the treadmill time

Roselyn, I posted a link to the protein powder above somewhere. They have a lot of flavor choices. I almost picked up some cottage cheese to try in one as I had seen that in one of the recipes. The only thing is Paleo generally does not use dairy except ghee and some grassfed butter or cream. I can get grass fed cottage chees though. Some are more lenient with that though. It is just how the body uses the dairy.
here is a link https://www.proteinmilkshakebar.com/

Jolie, nice workout. That must be one of Cathe's newer live workouts.

Last edited:
Just cupcake batter and chocolate mousse. My husband is picky and he is liking the chocolate mousse. I made him a shake with it and used silk coconut milk, a Tbs cocoa powder, about half cup of ice, and a few drops coconut extract the other day. I sampled some and it was really good. I told him if he didn't like it I would drink it, but he didn't give it up : )

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Today I started with Ice Bootcamp Circuit scrambled mix 1 with blizzard blasts mixed 57 minutes, 345 calories. Avg. hr. 115/ 146 max. I used heavier weights for things that did not involve upper body. I then did Ice Low Impact Sweat Blizzard blast 11 minutes, 88 calories, 133 avg./ 154 max heart rate, finished off with Kelly Coffey Slim Sculpting Core Abs Mix 31 minutes, 151 calories. I used a 20# kettlebell for most of this workout. Total time was 99 minutes and calories burned 583.

Yesterday was a rest day. I think that I am doing Lower body today. Upper is still sore.

Debbie, where did you get your fit it surge? I was reading reviews at Amazon and quite a few people say the surge and blaze have general lower readings when tested with other methods. Some say they worked at first then quit. Also customer service is not real helpful, Particularly if you purchased somewhere other than their website. I was wanting the Blaze I think. My birthday is next month :) One reviewer that got their Surge from Amazon had problems and it had dried sweat from someone else in the band so it was obviously used. So, I am maybe leaning on getting one somewhere besides Amazon.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Today I did Body Beast Bulk Chest. This is week 5, I can't believe it. Had great workout. I went up with weight on a few exercises and what a difference it made!!

Super Set
Incline Fly:
15s/20s/25s - 15/12/8/8 reps
Incline Dumbbell Press: 20s/25s/30s/25s - 15/12/8/8 reps (last two sets were drop sets)

Force Set
Chest Press w/Rotation:
17s - 5 sets/5 reps no rest
(I just copied and pasted from last week and see that I typed in 5s last week. I actually used 15s)

Progressive Set
Incline Press:
15s/25s/30s/30s/25s/15s - 15/12/8/8/12/15 reps

Combo Set
Close-Grip Press to Fly:
12s/15/s/20s - 15/12/8 reps

Multi-Set
Decline Pushups:
15/12/8 reps
Russian Twist: 30 seconds 2 sets - used 10#

Walked 2 miles on my treadmill.

Diane Sue - Your recipes always look so good! My DH got my Surge but I think he got it from WalMart. I'll have to ask him, maybe he did order it from Amazon. So what are you saying? That the ones from Amazon are used and might not work correctly? Mine looked brand new, so I don't think that is the case with mine. I want a Blaze next, hopefully will get one for Christmas.

Have great workouts everyone! Nice job this weekend!

Today I did Ripped with Hiit Legs, minutes, 224 calories. I then did Lean Legs and Abs mix of chair firewalker, and bonus barre, 35 minutes, 113 calories. I used the band for standing work and pink for floor, I held a 12 # when Cathe used the 8 and I added holding the 8# on my thigh while doing the bonus barre work. I finished off with an older Kelly Coffey that I forgot how much I enjoy, Cardio Kick Stepboxing mix of step horizontal combo 9, 10, and kneeling core using 1 # handweights for the kneeling work. The dvd says 37 minutes for this premix but it was 43 minutes and that was after I skipped the 4.5 minute warm up. I think it was not counting the time of the core work if I remember right.Calories burned for this was 278. Total Time ended up being 2 hours which I had not expected to do, and calories burned 615.
Legs weights
squats 25's 24 reps
plié squats 40# 16 reps
static lunge right 25's 16 reps
static lunge left 25's 16 reps
Squats 30's x 24 reps
plié squats 45# x 16 reps
wood chop side lunge10# 24 reps
explosive side lunge 12# 20 reps
cross back lunges 12's not sure on the reps I think I counted 40 ?
low pulse lunges 20# right then 20# left
Deadlift 30's 16 reps
wide stance deadlift 30's 16 reps
walking lunges 15's

Debbie, I am not sure about Amazon. I sometimes wonder where their merchandise comes from. The reviewer with the used crud in his of the Surge posted pictures. I get things that I am pretty sure is new. My Polar HR did not appear to have been opened. But, I bought a T3 Blow Drier that appeared new, from another seller though, that I could not find on the T3 site to register the 3 warranty for. So I filled out the warranty card and mailed it. It came back saying it was rejected for the address. Really odd. It works fine but I wonder? Then I purchased some 100% pure eye cream from Amazon. The tube was wrapped in plastic and thrown in a box of bubble wrap. I have purchased their products before from Beauty Brands and seen the packaging on 100% pure site. It should have been in a cardboard tube shaped holder. They put all of their tubes and bottles in a holder much like a toilet paper roll with the information on it and it is sealed. So, after reading the good reviews of the Blaze and Surge and reading the problems I am wondering if some had been used and sent back only to be sold again.

Bulk Chest

Super Set
Incline Fly
15,12,8, reps 23#.24#,25
Incline Press
15,12,8,8, 46#,48#,50#,48#

Chest Press With Rotation force set
5 reps of 10 21#

Incline Press
15,12,8,8,12,15 48#,50#,52#,52#,50#,48#

Close Grip Press to Fly
15,12,8 17#,18#,20#

Decline Pushups 15,12,8

Russin Twists

Saturday's workout was Cathe Live, Strong Upper Body with Core. I had a great workout and tried to go heavier than last time I did this workout. It is hard to go too heavy because Cathe goes very fast in this one so lighter weights work better. Boy, do you get a good burn with this workout. Each body part is a Giant Set with 3 to 4 exercise per body part. Workout was 55 minutes and I burned 402 Calories.

Today's workout was an hour walk on the treadmill, high incline, 3.70 miles and I burned 530 calories. I did an 8.5 incline and a 3.5 pace. I was drenched at the end and it really felt good to do something different. Next I did a whole bunch of leg exercises:

Squats- DB 20# x 20, x 20, x 20 reps

Deadlifts BB 40# x 20, x 20, x 20 reps

Leg Press seated kind- 60# x 20, x 20, x 20 reps

KB swings 15# x 20, x 20, x 20 on each side (these really get my heart rate up.)

Wide Stance Deadlifts DB- 15# x 20, x 20, x 20 reps

Plie Squats DB Alternating putting it on the floor and switching hands 15# x 20, x 16, x 16 reps.

That's it! Total workout time was 1 hour 33 minutes and I burned 758 calories. Since I did not workout yesterday, I had all kinds of energy.

Everyone is kicking butt with their workouts!!!! We should be proud of ourselves. :)

I still haven't lost any weight, but my physique is changing for the better so I'm happy for now.

Today I made the garlicky zucchini noodles again but this time I used some left over roast beef in it. I did not want to use chicken since I had made some for lunch and used the paleo pesto that I made yesterday on it. I have so many fresh veggies that I need to use up in my veggie drawer. I may have to make up a mish mosh veggie cook up. Or what they call a kitchen sink soup. I keep looking at recipes. I like the things that can be cooked up and part of it frozen. Right now I have chicken soup, beef stew with butternut squash, cauliflower rice, and a paleo taco soup in the freezer so if I need something and do not want to do a lot of cooking I have back up.
My library has started having it where you can check out magazines. I have been reading through Muscle and Fitness Hers started with this months issue and Paleo Magazines. It is nice that I do not have to pay for them. I was even able to save and print a recipe from the magazine for a Chicken zucchini pasta salad with avocado pesto :) I ordered some more of the Protein Milkshake today in Rocky Road. I am looking forward to trying it. I had them send me email recipes and I have been getting some interesting ones. Today it was a cherry shake. This weekend there was one for cake batter protein donuts. I am not really all that partial to the desserts though. I wouldn't mind finding an easy protein bar that is really good.

Debbie and Roselyn, nice work on Bulk Chest.

Jolie, I like kettlebell swings. They are a nice way to get the heart rate up and work the legs at the same time without jumping all over the place. I remember that Strong Upper Body workout. I really liked those giant sets. I stayed at the same weight for so many months and could not seem to get it to drop. My body fat was down though and I felt that I was not looking too bad. I just recently started adding in a bit longer workouts and more cardio and the weight has made a little drop by 2 pounds. I was a little worried about gaining any more since I was at my high end that I usually do not want to go over.

Last edited:
Today I did Body Beast Bulk Back. Had great workout. Used the same weights for all exercises from last week but did go up with the Deadlifts.

Super Set
Pull-Over:
20#/25#/30#/25# - 15/12/8/8 reps (Last two sets were drop sets)
Pull-Up: 3 sets/10 reps (I used my bands this time)

Progressive Set
Reverse Grip EZ Bar Row:
25#/35#/45#/45#/35#/30# - 15/12/8/8/12/15 reps

Force Set
One Arm Row:
20# - 5 sets/5 reps no rest

Single Set
Deadlift:
20s/25/s/30s/25s - 15/12/8/8 reps (Last two sets were drop sets)

Super Set
Reverse Fly:
12s/12s - 15/12 reps
Plank Rotation: 5# - 30 seconds 2 sets

I haven't done a Cardio Coach since June 30th and I miss it so I also did Cardio Coach #1. Did well with it but my legs felt tight and heavy. I hate when that happens.

Workout was 36 minutes total, ran 2.28 miles, burned 248 calories (treadmill said 323) and went 4741 steps. I also did the stretch from B&G.

So I checked my HR with my treadmill after I finished a 1 minute sprint and my FB was reading 117 bpm. My heard was racing so I know that wasn't right. My TM clocked me at 153 bpm which is more like it. What is wrong with these HR devices? None are really accurate. Oh well...

Roselyn - When you type out your weights and you do like 20# = does that mean each dumbbell is 20# that your are using or is that the total weight you are using? I'm thinking it's each dumbbell's weight but I'm not sure. If those are the weights for each dumbbell, are you really using 50# dumbbells for your incline presses? :eek: If so, how do you hoist them up? OMG. I have problems getting my 35 pounders in place. Nice workout!!

Diane Sue - I question Amazon, too, but most of the stuff we've ordered has been fine. I won't buy beauty products from them, though, I did hear they usually aren't from the place they should come from. Like Aveda products. I heard you have to be careful ordering Aveda from Amazon because usually it's not from them. I recently ordered a new EZ curl bar because mine is so old and crappy, I can't even get the collars on and off easily anymore. So I was so excited that it arrived yesterday and it was a straight bar. So now I have to return it (although I think I might keep it) and they are sending me an EZ bar. Dummies. Nice workout by the way!!!

Jolie - I bet your legs are screaming at you today!!! Nice going.

Today I did Kelly Coffey Shape Up, both workouts which included the cardio and the weights in tabata rounds. This is pretty fast paced at times and I used 8's for the lows and 12 and 15's for the heavies. This was 54 minutes, calories burned 321, heart rate avg. 114/ max 153. Most of the time I just do the weights only mix on this which is all upper body. It seems to skip biceps (not that they aren't fatigued) so I did Ice Meltdown biceps, 15 minutes, 76 calories. I started with 20's and soon dropped to 15's. I guess the muscles were not up for an all out workout. The tabata weight rounds are done in 8 rounds and rests I finished off with both Ice Core 1 and 2 and the stretch from Upper body, 29 minutes, 94 calories. I really had a hard time getting much of a calorie burn today. I would look at Cathe's workout manager and my burns ran about half what theirs were. Total time was 98 minutes and calories burned 491. My husband wanted to go to another city for lunch, a 54 minute drive. We got there and the restaurant was closed today. So, we looked around and came home. He had heard that they have great steaks and people go there from all over.

Debbie, I prefer to buy the items offered by Amazon and not the other sellers. Some items are not bad but I do not trust a lot of them. I do buy supplements and protein and that sort of thing though. So far I have been okay there. Also some food items I cannot find in the stores like the blanched almond flour. Most of what the grocers carry has the hulls obviously ground up with the, It doesn't work as nicely for baked goods.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.