Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for July 2016

WD

Cathlete
Today I started with Kelly Coffey Cardio Pump workout # 1 Cardio Boxing, 30 minutes, 170 calories. I then did Ripped with Hiit Back, Shoulders, and Biceps 53 minutes, 249 calories. I finished off with Hardstrikes Conditioning drills and stretch,16 minutes, 71 calories. Total time was 99 minutes, 490 calories.
one arm row 35# 12 reps x 3 sets
fnisher 35# barbell rows power band pulls
Pull overs 35# 12 reps x 3 sets
finisher barbell row spine band pulls 35#
one arm angled row 30# 12 reps x 3 sets
one arm seated band pulls green band
rear delt flies 15# 12 reps x 3 sets
finisher arm band pulls
prone rear delt 8# 12 reps x 3 sets
finisher t band pulls
biceps curls barbell 40# 12 reps 1 set ; 35# 12 reps x 2 sets
finisher w curls 10#
concentration curls 22.5 12 reps x 1 set; 20# 10 reps x 2 sets
finisher crazy 8's 25# barbell 24 reps
simultaneous hammer curls standing 17.5# b 12 reps x x 1 set; 15# 12 reps x 2 sets
finisher crazy 8's 25# barbell 24 reps

Debbie, nice work increasing the weights on shoulders.

Todays was my own Shoulder workout that went like this. One Minute rest between sets except for the drop set, no rest.

Barbell Overhead Press- 40# x 12 reps, x 12, x 10
30# x 12 TF
20# x 13 TF

1 Arm Lat Raise- 12.5# x 12 reps, x 12, x 12
2 Arms Lat Raise- 10# x 12 TF
8# x 12 TF, x 13 TF

Upright Rows DB- 17.5 x 15 reps, x 12, x 10
15# x 12 TF, x 12 TF

Rear Flies- 10# x 15 reps, x 14, x 12, x 13 TF

Front Raise Plate- 10# x 20 reps , 20

I finished with ABS. I did hanging leg raises again, boy those are tough. I did 12 in a row and that was tough. You get used to doing abs on the floor and that is nothing like hanging leg raises.

Nice workouts Debbie and Diane Sue!!!

I found a BCAA Powder with Glutamine that is not bad tasting and does not have sucralose in it. It is MRM BCAA+G Reload Island Fusion flavored. It has red beet powder in it that I would guess would be the pink coloring. stevia leaf, monk fruit, and Trehalose ( I am not sure about that one) I am guessing it is a sugar alcohol but am going to have to go look it up. The only thing I do not like is it is sweeter than I would like. I bought the Paleo Recipes Magazine today. I see quite a few yummy looking recipes. Today I put together two side dish/salads from Performance Paleo that had some watermelon and avocado in them. I had the one with salt and pepper shrimp for dinner. The other has watermelon with cucumber, jicama, avocado, chili and chipotle in it. I will have some for lunch tomorrow with my Paleo Slow Cooker Taco Soup that I have in the freezer.
Edited to say I looked up Trehalose and it is mycose. Natural product that seems to hold water in plants and animals and is often used in skin creams. I really had never heard of it but you can buy it at Amazon. If it had just said mycose I would have just stuck the idea that it was a sugar alcohol. Maybe everyone else already knew what it was. I think I will stick with the name Trehalose because Mycose brings up bacterial infections when I try it. Weird.

Jolie, nice job on the shoulder workout. I bet your shoulders are feeling it.

Last edited:
Today I did Ice boot camp circuit no upper body mix. 35 minutes, 211 calories, heart rate 115 avg. /145 max. I then did Les Mills Pump Step 30 mnutes, 225 calories, heart rate vg. 128 max 154. I finished with 21 Day Fix Extreme Pilates, 33 minutes, 131 calories. Total time was 98 minutes, calories 567.

Today I did a Cathe Live workout, 100 Rep Challenge Kickboxing with 1 lb hand weights. Let me say this, NEVER eat breakfast, take your vitamins and immediately go do your cardio workout! It took everything I had through the entire workout not to vomit. With that said, I could not give it my all so I did not get the calorie burn I got in my last workout. This really in is an interval workout that really pushes you to the max.

Total Workout time was 1 hour and I burned 528 calories.

I did not sleep well again so you know how hard it is to workout if you are sleep deprived.

What are all your plans for the 4th of July? I have no plans because my husband has to work and my boys are going to the beach with their friends. I might go shopping and look for a dress for a wedding I have coming up or just relax. We will BBQ tomorrow since my husband Chris will be home. :) The boys want ribs and corn on the grill. I am making gazpacho for myself, I love that meal on a hot day.

Be safe and enjoy!

Jolie, I have to eat a lot before I dare take my vitamins. I will feel like vomiting within 10 minutes if I don't. I have noticed since I started using the MRM bcaa + glutamine that I get a prickly feeling all over for a bit. I think it may be the beta alanine which was not in the other one that I was using. It sort of reminds me of how I felt when the doctor had me taking niacin.
Sometimes we just don't have it in us to give a workout our all and that is okay. The body is speaking. I did pretty well this morning even though I felt I was pushing myself through the workout at first. My allergies and lack of sleep keeps leaving me having a bit of dread to getting started in the mornings. Once I got going I did fine though. I was surprised that I wasn't huffing and puffing through the Les Mills Step workout. That one usually has me breathing hard and legs on fire by the end. It starts out deceivingly slow and even the final part that is sort of balance strength has you grateful for the stretch before you start the other leg. I love the music on Les Mills Pump workouts. Makes it a lot more fun to do.

Todays workout was Cardio. I did 31 minutes on my elliptical (3 miles), Interval training, and 20 minutes (1 mile) on a steep incline on my treadmill. I finished with abs on a mat. Total workout was 1 hour and I burned 627 calories. I had forgotten how tuff the elliptical is if you really put your all into it. I don't have an elliptical where you use your hands on the handles. I have a Precor with only legs working so you can really get a good sprint going.

Diane Sue, I wish I had purchased any of the Les Mills workouts, I hear such good things about them. I will look on Craigslist and Ebay to see if anyone is selling them. I have never been good at the step workouts, I get very dizzy especially the ones that there are a lot of turning. I would love to conquer Low Max, it looks like such a great lower body workout.

Have a wonderful day! It is nice and cool with a slight breeze here today so I am looking forward to spending some time outside.

Jolie, when I purchased the Les Mills Pump workouts I purchased all of them. The step is not a bunch of turns and dancey stuff. It starts with basic step then knee up hops, turns into some higher impact with some segments of burpees hands on the bench, the step is then turned end facing the television and there is some intervals of jumping side to side, lunge hops, side to side off the step holding a weight plate then switch and repeat all. The final interval is pretty intense for about 5 minutes then you get balance and leg work which burns before a brief stretch. This series is where they had the first combat cardio which I always really liked so was definitely ready when they came out with the whole Combat series. Then there is a floor cardio, 29 minutes and it seems to move quickly. All sorts of moves and the music is fun. If you could get any of hem I am sure that you would like them. They always have a modifier on these as well.

No workout for me today. Had all intentions of doing something but just don't have it in me. I'll be back at it tomorrow.

Nice going with your workouts this weekend! You all did great!!

Happy 4th!!! :)

Happy 4th of July!

Todays workout was a short one, I'm tired and its humid here so you know how that goes. :rolleyes: I worked Chest only, STS #13, lighter weights and higher reps, each set going to failure.

Chest Press- 25# x 15, x 13, x 12 reps

Chest Flies- 20# x 15, x 12, x 10 reps

Incline Chest Press- 25# x 14, x 13, x 12 reps

Incline Chest Flies- 20# x 14, x 12, x 10 reps

I hope you all have a safe and fun 4th with your family and friends!

Today I did all Les Mills Pump Workouts. I started with Les Mills Pump Extreme, 59 minutes 252 calories, I then did Les Mills Pump Hardcore Abs, 15 minutes, 66 calories, and finished with Les Mills Pump Sports Attack for cardio, 29 minutes, HR avg. 127/ max. 161,214 calories. Total time 1 hour 43 minutes, 532 calories.
weights there is very little rest during these tracks and I always am about ready to give up about halfway through but , somehow keep going.
squat track-5:03 minutes, 40# barbell
chest track 5:08 minutes 25# barbell
legs and back 5:03 minutes 40# barbells (this is clean , press, dead rows and some deadlifts
triceps track 4:10 minutes I used dumbbells instead of plates like they did, overhead ext. 15#, kickbacks 10#, triceps push ups between kickbacks
biceps track 4:32 25# barbell ( the highest I have ever used on this track is 30#)
lunge track 5:16 35# barbell has some squats in between the lunges
shoulder track 5:02 20# barbell for over head press, 5's for the mac raise, 8's and 10's for the lateral raises and rows, push ups
Abs 5:02 no weight

Deb, sometimes a person just needs a break.;) See you tomorrow .

Jolie, great short workout for the day.

Today I did Body Beast Bulk Chest. Had great workout. I really love the bulk sessions in this series.

Super Set
Incline Fly:
15s/20s/25s - 15/12/8/8 reps
Incline Dumbbell Press: 20s/25s/27s/25s - 15/12/8/8 reps (last two sets were drop sets)

Force Set
Chest Press w/Rotation:
5s - 5 sets/5 reps no rest

Progressive Set
Incline Press:
15s/20s/25s/25s/20s/12s - 15/12/8/8/12/15 reps

Combo Set
Close-Grip Press to Fly:
12s/15/s/20s - 15/12/8 reps

Multi-Set
Decline Pushups:
15/12/8 reps
Russian Twist: 30 seconds 2 sets - used 5#

Walked 2 miles on my treadmill.

No time for personals. I'm hoping to be back later!

Have great workouts everyone! Hope you all had a great, safe 4th of July.

No workout for me today, Its my rest day! I'm too tired from yesterday so I timed it right to take today off.

Great chest workout Debbie.

Have a great day!

Today I did Kelly Coffey 30 minutes to fitness Step Boxing both workouts mix without the weight drills, 57 minutes, 412 calories. heart rate 126 avg. / 160 max . I then did Kelly's Athletic Step workout skipping the warm up, 30 minutes, 210 calories. 124 avg. / 142 max . I wore my 1 # weighted gloves for these workouts because Athletic step has step boxing mixed in as well. I forgot how much I like the Step Boxing. I finished of with a mix up of first Pyramid Abs some TRX saw and prone knee ins, and pikes, finishing with Pyramid stretch from upper body and some TRX stretching, 25 minutes 100 calories. Total time was 1 hr 52 minutes and calories burned 722 :0 I have not had a calorie burn like that in a long time. I got some new protein milk shake bar mixes today. I had the cupcake batter made with silk coconut milk post workout. It was yummy and their website has a lot of protein shake and "ice cream" bar recipes. www.proteinmilkshakebar.com .

Debbie nice weights on the chest workout. If I remember right the Bulk phase does not have such long workouts.

Busy weekend but got workouts in

Saturday was cardio, sunday was Bulk Chest, Monday took a long walk with hubby and did some ab work and today was Bulk Legs

Hope you all had a good 4th.

Today I did Body Beast Bulk Back. Had great workout. The guys act silly in this one, but it's entertaining.

Super Set
Pull-Over:
20#/25#/30#/25# - 15/12/8/8 reps (Last two sets were drop sets)
Pull-Up: 3 sets/10 reps (I used my Perfect Pull Up Bar)

Progressive Set
Reverse Grip EZ Bar Row:
25#/35#/45#/45#/35#/25# - 15/12/8/8/12/15 reps

Force Set
One Arm Row:
20# - 5 sets/5 reps no rest

Single Set
Deadlift:
15s/20/s/25s/20s - 15/12/8/8 reps (Last two sets were drop sets)

Super Set
Reverse Fly:
12s/12s - 15/12 reps
Plank Rotation: 5# - 30 seconds 2 sets

I then did KP&C Abs and then walked 2 miles on my treadmill.

Diane Sue - I'll have to check out those milkshake things, they sound good! Nice workout, great calorie burn!!!

Jolie - Hope you enjoyed your rest day! Good for you!

Roselyn - Nice workouts! I will probably skip Bulk Legs this week because I'm running out of days. I'll do it next week for sure. I like that one.

Todays workout was Cardio and some leg exercises.
Elliptical- 45 minutes, interval training, 4 .3 miles 500 Calories.

Leg exercises

Leg Press, 50# x 30 reps, x 30 reps, x 30 reps I just burned them out on this.

Kettle Bell swings- 15# x 20, x 20, x 20, x 20, these get your heart rate up.

Sumo Squats 20# x 20 reps, x 20, x 20, x 20

Deadlifts 40# x 16, x 16, x 16 reps

Squats DB 15# x 20, x 20, x 20

Total Calorie burn was 740 Calories.

I actually slept so good last night that this workout didn't kick my butt like it usually would.

Roselyn, nice workouts over the weekend!

Debbie, I love the Bulk phase of Body Beast, its my favorite. I love how Sagi insists on his guys having perfect form and makes them drop the weights if they don't do it correctly. More trainers should be like that.

Diane Sue, nice workout yesterday, you killed it.

Have a nice day, it is absolutely beautiful here today, finally!

Today I did my workout and we went to see the new Independence Day movie. I have 3 grandchildren tomorrow so I will try to get a short cardio in tomorrow before I pick up two of them. I had plans to take them to the park. I saw a man with his children today when I drove by and it was 101 outside. We may not be there long. It is humid and I was out in the garage trying to get the car seat all strapped in for the two year old. I was drenched in a few minutes.
My workout today was Amy Ross KB2 or Kettlebell Squared? I think the box says KB2 though. 63 minutes, 360 calories. This is another one that I have not done in a couple of years. I need to do it more, I almost forgot some of the turns and kicks on the kickboxing but I kept moving. The kettlebell intervals are not real long. Some use two bells. I used 15's and 20's. Amy has 25's. I have done it with 25's but I have not done it in awhile and did not want to injure myself. I never noticed that there is a mix of all modified intervals on it. I had to lighten up on the get ups. I am glad she goes slowly and explains it as she goes. I then did Kelly Coffey Muscle Up workout #2 lower body and arms, 42 minutes, 169 calories. I finished off with the bonus stretch on Kelly's Boot camp, 18 minutes, 36 calories. That was always a favorite for a good lower body stretch. Total time 1 hour 57 minutes, 565 calories.
Muscle Up weights 2 sets each superset
Sumos 25's 8 reps
bridge 25# 16 reps

lunges 20's alternating 8 reps
deadlift 30's 8 reps

curtsy squat 20's 8 reps
frog squat body weight 16 reps

Biceps 15's flip curl
pledge curls 15's

side curls 15's 8 reps
alternating hammer curls 20's 8 reps

skull crushers 17.5's 8 reps
? I am lost on what I did

Overhead extensions 25# 8 reps
triceps kickbacks both arms 15's 8 reps

Debbie, nice work. I kind of enjoyed the teasing on the Beast workouts. I made the cupcake protein powder into a shake today with coconut milk, ice, some coconut extract, and a bit of unsweetened coconut flakes then drizzled some honey down the side of the glass. It was a real treat. There are lots of recipes ideas on their website. I ordered from Amazon and there was a coupon deal so I saved 9 dollars off two bags by putting the code in.

Roselyn, I was looking at the moves I have written down on the Interval and Plyo Les Mills Combat. I know one of those, or is it the Lower body had a ton of burpees in it. I sometimes dread those.

Jolie, nice workout today. It is amazing how a good nights sleep can make such a difference. I liked that about Sagi too when he made them drop the weights.

Today I did Body Beast Arms. Had another great workout. I like this one. I think the bulk phase is my favorite.

Progressive Set
Standing Dumbbell Curls:
10s/12s/15s/15s/12s/10s - 15/12/8/8/12/15 reps

Single Set
Tricep Extension:
15#/20#/25#/20# - 15/12/8/8 reps (Last two sets were drop sets)

Force Set
Wide EZ Bar Curl:
20# - 5 sets/5 reps no rest
(I need a new EZ bar, it's hard to get the safety's off and is so annoying when you are in a hurry)

Single Set
Skull Crushers:
20#/30#/35#/30# - 15/12/8/8 reps (Last two sets were drop sets)

Progressive Set
Hammer Concentration Curls:
10s/12s/15s/15s/12s/10s - 15/12/8/8/12/15 reps (do not like this exercise)

Progressive Set
Single Arm Kickbacks:
5s/8s/10s/10s/8s/5s - 15/12/8/8/12/15 reps

Single Set
Weighted Cruch:
5# - 30 reps

I walked on my treadmill for 2.25 miles. I can't believe how walking helps me lean out. It's amazing.

Jolie - It is amazing what a good nights sleep will do. I'm glad you finally got one. Hope you get more. I sleep like the dead every night, never problem with me.

Diane Sue - I may get some of that. How do you get a coupon code for Amazon?

Roselyn - Nice workout! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.