CRAZY, STRONG & LOVING IT FOR January 2015

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Happy New Year!!

What did you do on New Years? DH and I went to our neighbors. We had a blast.

I will be back later today!

Happy New Year,

DH and I were in bed by 8:30 I am not feeling well and he had to get up early yesterday to work.

Belinda-sounds like a fun night.

Happy New Year, everyone!!!
Hope you all had a safe and happy New Year 2015:D Can't believe it's already January! Time flies, doesn't it? What New Year Resolution did you make this year? I will try to work through all my giant workout dvd collection w/premixes. If the workout isn't for me, I will donate or give to someone that appreciate it. I also will do the same with the rest of my stuff that's been sitting around the house, that I never use. I will do better in not spending more money in workout dvd. Not sure, how that will work:p but I will will try. I want to try running again this year, I miss it. Eat heather and drink my water.

Today I will kick 2015 with RWH HiiT #1 I think.

Roxie - we did had a lot of time. We go to their house every year. DH and I didn't get home until 2:30 a.m. :D Hope you feel better soon.

I will go back and read yesterday's thread. I will be back later.

Workout done Studio Sweat ondemand Spin Part 1 not exactly a recommended workout when you have a sinus infection, sore throat and cough but I wanted to do something.

Belinda-my revolutions eat 3 meals a day and drink plenty of water.

Hi girls, Happy New Year!!!!

Wow that was fast, or didn't you think it was fast? I hope everyone had a safe and happy New Years Eve celebration. I didn't do anything as per usual and went to bed around 11:30 PM.

Here's today's workout:

Ruthless- Rip 10's= 21 Min
MV= 10.0
CB= 287

Ripped with HiiT- Upper Body Circuit= 46 Min
MV= 8.50
CB= 534

Ripped with HiiT- Bonus Abs One= 10 Min
MV= 5.0
CB= 68

Total calories burned= 889:D

Roxie- Sorry you aren't feeling well. I bet the extra sleep helped. Please rest up and take care!:);)

Belinda- It sounds like you had a fun New Year's Eve. Good for you! I like your New Years resolutions I gotta say I echo all that and will just say ditto. I need to work on diet so I can loose some weight. I mean you guys know I workout right, so that's not the issue that only leaves diet, ugh. Ok there is always room for improvement so I will try but its not like I stuff my face and eat junk. I will focus more on eating clean when I can eat and if I can afford to eat or buy fresh fruits to eat. I wish for everyone to be blessed with health, peace, and joy in an abundance in the new year. Take care and be well!:);)

My new years wish for : Debbie, Chris, Roxie, and Belinda is that I wish for everyone to be blessed with health, peace, and joy in an abundance in the new year. Take care and be well!:);)

Hugs & blessings:cool:;)

Nora

HAPPY NEW YEAR! 2015!

I had an expected stressful New Years Eve. My 15 year old took off after a fight, and my 19 year old went to a party. He promised he wouldn't drink/drive or get in the car with anyone who did, but I was still very anxious. My youngest spent the night (and all day today) at his BFFs. My 2 sons did get home safe and sound. And I stayed up until about 2am. (waiting/nervous).

I didn't do a workout yesterday. I was a total bum , ate chocolate and stayed in my PJs all day long! Out with the old, and today is in with the new!!

Today I started Cathe's RWH and Low Impact Series Rotation. I may change it up a little, I may sub in some running or may do a premix, depending on time. But today I did the first workout on the rotation, RWH HiiT Low Impact #2. I have done #1, and felt like #2 was a bit easier. It was perfect for today. I also did the bonus abs #1 (love that one!).

My New Years Resolution plan is to do Whole30 all this month (I really need a reset on my eating). I also need to alter the way I respond and act with my 15 year old. Have done some reading and heard through others , and I'm afraid that punishments and forbidding him to do things is just making him want to do it more and making him more defiant.

Nora, I love the Bonus Abs 1, don't you? I did it last week and got some great DOMS from it! ... There's always room for improvement in everything we do. Peace and prosperity to you this coming year!!

Roxie, Sorry you're feeling crappy. You probably should take your workouts down a notch or rest all together until you feel better.

Debbie, I am on MFP too. I'm Boingo1. If you want to friend me. I don't log my food there, just mostly my workouts. .... I do what Nora does, I log my workout through Cathe's Workout Manager and then manually put in the calories in MFP by "create your own" choice. Then I can write whatever my workout was, because it differs all the time.

Belinda, I've done ok with 2 runs this past week. No PF pain! I do want to be careful though. My second run on Tuesday, my legs hurt so much, I did more walking than running. With the walking/running I go for almost an hour.

Again, Happy New Year to all!!!

Good morning,

I ended up taking it easy yesterday, I did went for a long walk with the dogs. My fitbit gave a 45 min active minutes, we walked at a good pace. I had very little sleep.

Today is another cardio, not sure what I will do? And I will do SBF which have have no clue yet? LOL. I got almost 10.5 hours sleep:D can't remember the last time I slept that long? Needed that sleep.

Chris - sorry about the stress your kids causing you. Good job on your run.

Nora - good job on RIWH yesterday. We just have to stick to our NY resolution!!

Roxie - good job yesterday. You need to eat, girl:D

Waving Hi to the rest of the gang.

I will be back to report my workout. Have a great day,everyone.

Today was Xtrain Bi's & Tri's and I had an great workout. This one really bothers my elbows, though, I think it's the incline ball work. I just stood on some of the incline exercises and that seemed to be better.

This is what I did:

Round 1
Alternating Standing Curls
- 15's - 12 reps
Standing Overhead Tricep Extension - 20# - 16 reps

Round 2
Incline Curls on Ball
- 12's - 16 reps
Lying Tricep Extensions - 12's - 16 reps

Round 3
Seated Concentration Curls
- 15# - 16 reps
One Arm Kickbacks w/Tubing - 10's no tubing - 16 reps

Round 4
"W" Curls w/tubing
- 8's# - 16 reps
Seesaw Pushups - 12 reps

Round 5
Seated Hammer Curl on Ball
- 15's - 16 reps
One-Arm Seated Overhead Extensions - 10#

Round 6
Preacher Curl on Ball
- 12# - 16 reps (I just stood and did this one one arm at a time)
Side Leaning Overhead Extension - 10# - 16 reps

Round 7
SlowMo Eccentric Curls w/Tubing
- 5's - 16 reps
Cross-Body Extensions - 10# - 16 reps

Round 8
Incline Reverse Curls
- 12's - 16 reps
One Arm Plank Kickbacks - 8's no plank - 16 reps

Round 9
Hammer Curl Crazy 8's
- 12's - 28 reps
Crazy Dips - Skipped - Hate dips with a passion plus Cathe drives me crazy with the "keep your butt up" shouting she does. Really?

Happy New Years everyone!!! I hope this year is good to each and every one of you.

Roxie - I agree with Chris, I think you need a break. Let yourself get over whatever it is you have and then start back fresh in a few days.

Belinda - Nice job on your workouts, girl. You workout no matter what. Nice job.

Chris - I will friend you on MFP. I'm sorry about your son, I wish I had some advice for you. That's tough and too bad he is being like that. How is he with your husband? Does he listen to him?

Nora - Nice workouts once again!!! You rock, girlfriend!!! So I went to Workout Manager and found where you choose your workout, etc., but it didn't give me the calorie burn. Do I have to enter all the weights I used for that particular workout before it calculates calorie burn? It showed the time duration and the MET value (whatever the heck that is) but there is nothing in Calories burned. Help!!!

ETA : Duh, I forgot to say that I also got on my treadmill and walked a mile.

Last edited:
Hi girls!:)

I just finished today's workout.

Here's today's workout:

Cardio Coach Volume 1- Entire Volume 1= 35 Mix TM
MV= 9.40
Distance in Miles= 3.01
CB= 449

Warm up, steady state 1, challenge 2, steady state 2, Challenge 3, Cool down, coaches notes.

Ripped W/HiiT- Low Impact + Bonus Abs One= 34 Min
MV= 9.0
CB= 418

Total calories burned= 867:);)

Debbie- Hi ! I want to talk you through how to enter your Xtrain Bi's & Tri's workout for today. 1. go to workout manager at cathe.com, log in. 2. Click on calendar. 3. Click on the day of the month you wish to enter. In this case for today click on January 2. 4. Now click add should be on the right. 5. Click on select, from the drop down menu chose dvd. 6. After choosing dvd, click on DVD now scroll down through the alphabetical listing of Cathe's dvd's find XTrain Bi's & Tri's select or click on that. Now you will see below the workout you choose there is a drop down arrow if you click on that you can select the premixes for that particular workout. If you do not choose a premix fine, just go down to the next box field below that. There should be a description line, I usually will put in the name of the workout and length of time. It does not fill this one field in for you its optional, no worries. The next field is time duration. Now the next field you see should be Met Value then to the right of that there should be a number already in there. Next field is Calories burned, and once again to the right of this there should be a number already entered there. So for your workout of XTrain Bi's & Tri's for today = 46 Min, MV= 6.50, CB= 408. Sorry, I abbreviate Met Value as MV, and Calories burned as CB I hope that helps now. I had to learn all this on my own so I understand its a little mystifying without being informed how to do any of this. Nice job on today's workout, no worries on standing rather than lift on the ball. Its ok to modify to make it work for you and not cause any pain. I will modify as I need based on how I'm feeling or if I need to modify to accommodate an injury, just be safe. Great job on today's workout and I hope the step by step will help. Have a blessed day!;):cool:

Chris- I'm sorry your kids stressed you out. I know what that is like ((Hugs)). I'm sure it was what you needed to just rest from all that. Now yesterday you started back with working out, Bravo on your first workout of the New Year 2015!!! Girlfriend you rocked that workout RWH HiiT Low Impact #2.with Bonus Abs One. I did a similar thing today as well as an add on. Great workout today, way to start the New Year 2015 off with a bang!! You go girlfriend!!:D:cool:

Belinda- Nice job yesterday taking the dogs for a long walk of 45 minutes. nicely done I'm sure the dogs enjoyed that. Whatever cardio or workout you do today will no doubt be awesome, so feel great and enjoy the sweat. Have a blessed day!:);):cool:

Roxie- I hope you are feeling better today, get well! Have a blessed day and feel better!:);)

I hope everyone is enjoying their day and workouts thus far in the new year of 2015, let this be an awesome year full of joy, peace, love, and health.

Hugs and blessings,:);):cool::D

Nora

ood evening,

DH and I went out for lunch. I just got my workout in. I did 21 Day Fix Total Body Cardio Fix, that one got my HR up. I was getting light headed right at the beginning :oops: had to take the intensity down a little. Besides that I had a great workout.

Roxie - good job!

Nora - fantastic job today.

Debbie - good job!

Good night ladies. I will be back tomorrow.

Good Evening,

I did KCM TLC Boxing this morning but it hasn't been a good day I can't breathe through my nose and I have no voice guess I will just be resting this weekend probably going to Urgent Care in the morning. We sold 35 boxes of zythromax today which is and antibiotic so you know there is alot of stuff going around.

Debbie-good job with your workout.

Nora-good job with your workout.

Belinda-sounds like you had a nice day.

Chris-hope things get better for you.

Good morning,

Today I will do XT SuperCuts and SBF. I finished SBF challenge, her new one will start next week. This week is whatever I want to do.

Roxie - good idea to rest this weekend. Hope you feel better soon.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me. BBL!

Roxie - I hope you feel better soon. Take it easy and just rest. Thank you for the kudos on Myfitnesspal. I have to admit that I did not lose 8# this week. When I started using my Fitbit, I had just gotten weighed at the doctors and of course their scales are always way higher than I usually am. I just used that number when I started all this, which was 144#. When I weighed myself at home a few days later I was at 138#. I should have started with that number instead. I am down to 135# today, however, so I did lose some. I am happy about that.

Nora - So I did your step-by-step instructions on how to figure out calorie burn on Workout Manager. Thank you for that, I so appreciate it. However, it still isn't showing my calorie burn. It shows duration of the workout and the MV but calorie burn is at 0. I am logged in and did everything you said. Do you maybe have to key in all the weights you used for it to calculate? I don't understand why it's not showing me calorie burn for that particular workout. I even chose one of the premixes just to see if it would change and it didn't. :( Any thoughts? Again, thanks so much for all your help.

Good afternoon, No workouts for this weekend but will be back for Monday's check in. Take care and have an awesome blessed weekend.;)

Hi Debbie-

No you don't need to enter your weights used on anything. I don't understand why its doing that maybe clear cookies and internet history first then try again. Maybe ask the help desk or post a new thread in open discussion forum.

I hope that helps, I've been using this for years.

Have a blessed weekend!!

Hugs and blessings:););)

Nora

Today I did Burn Sets Chest, Back and Shoulders and had a great workout!

This is what I did:

CHEST
Barbell Chest Press
- 60# - 2 sets 10 reps; 3rd set 12 reps (this seemed really light to me)
Dumbbell Chest Fly - 25's - 2 sets 10 reps; 3rd set 11 reps
Incline Dumbbell Chest Press - 25's - 3 sets 10 reps
Pushups - 16 reps (8 on toes, 8 on knees)

BACK
One Arm Row
- 30# - 2 sets 10 reps; 3rd set 10 reps
Barbell Row - 45# - 3 sets 10 reps (used barbell instead of dumbbells)
Rear Delt Fly - 12's - 2 sets 10 reps; 3rd set 12 reps
Supermans - Skipped

SHOULDERS
Dumbbell Overhead Press
- 12's - 2 set 10 reps; 1 set 10 reps
Single Arm Lateral Raise - 8# - 2 sets 10 reps; 1 set 12 reps
Single Arm Rear Delt Raise - 10# - 2 sets 10 reps; 3rd set 12 reps
Scarecrows - 5's

Nora - Thanks!!! I appreciate all your help!!!

I ordered the two lifting workouts from the new series plus some new bands. Can't wait to get them!!

Hope you all have great workouts!

Good morning,

Today is XT Legs premix #2 = 67 min and SBF Barre Fire 2 = 45 min.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me. Happy Monday!

Hi girls!:)

I just finished today's workout and will now check in.

Here's today's workout:

Cardio Coach Volume 1- My Longer shorter Volume 1 Mix= 27 Mix TM
MV= 9.40
Distance in Miles= 2.37
CB= 347

Warm up, steady state 1, challenge 2, steady state 2, Cool down.

Ripped with HiiT- Lift It HiiT Legs= 41 Min
MV= 9.0
CB= 504

Total calories burned= 851:cool:

Debbie- Nice workout today with Burn Sets Chest, Back and Shoulders, WTG!! Awesome workout today girlfriend you rocked it!!!

Belinda- I like your workout you have planned for today, it looks great! I know you'll nail that workout no problem. :);)

Chris and Roxie- I hope you are both doing well and feeling great. Roxie I hope your over with feeling icky now. Have great workouts today if that's in the works for you and if not have a wonderful blessed day either way!

Hugs and blessings:):cool::D;)

Nora

Nora - I asked about the calorie thing and I was told I had to enter my stats - weight, height, age, etc. So I did that and now it works!! Yay!!!! So now I can get calorie burns with my DVD workouts. Thanks again for all your help!!!

Does anyone know what series the Party Rockin's Step workouts are from? I've never seen those before. I miss doing my step workouts but I'm so afraid of hurting my knees again. :(

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.