Strength in Numbers

On Saturday I did ICE MTB + BB! My quad was feeling ok when I started but by the end both quads were sore. After that was a birthday party for my dad. I ate terrible. My mom had a bowl of candy corn out. I would take a piece every time I passed the bowl and soon found myself going out of my way to pass the bowl. Sunday my quads were full of DOMS but I did Pedal Power Scrambled. I think that helped get some blood flowing and loosen them up. After that it was lazy day and power watching Burn Notice on Netflix.

Pam Great job on Cardio Fusion! I am rotation-less too right now. I have been sticking to ICE since it is more intermediate but I think I need to just pick a rotation and start bumping things up.

Cheryl Great job on Great Glutes! Glad you got better sleep. I don’t think I pulled a quad muscle but it did feel strained and had I pushed harder might have pulled it. I’m definitely trying to be careful with it. Great job on Upper Body Tri Sets + dragon boating. Glad the storm wasn’t that bad for you either. Great job on yoga and taking a lazy day!

Janie I am happy you are safe after the storm even if it wasn’t that bad (you just never know what will happen). And glad you got your bread all baked. That is a lot of bread but if you can freeze it or share it that will make it all worth it.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job on GG, glad you were feeling more rested.

Janie Your bread looks great and it sound like you will be well supplied for awhile! I'm glad that you didn't get hit so badly by the storm. Mother Nature can be fierce!

Cheryl Great hob on UB trisets, dragon boating, and yoga. I'm glad to hear that you fared the storm well also!

Julie Great job on ICE MTB+BB. I hate it when I have those lapses of judgement with eating. You will get right back on track though I'm sure. Candy corn is hard to resist! Great job on PP, I hope that your quads are feeling better!

Saturday I did ICE Chiseled Lower Body and ICY core 2, then went and did some more work at my moms house. Sunday was my rest day and I went to a cooking class with my GF. We were the only 2 people in the class so it was fun. The class was soups and stews and we made three delicious soups: a cabbage and potato with fried oysters on top, a chinese chicken noodle soup, and a pork adobo with a hard boiled egg and rice. We also made some cornbread to go with the cabbage and potato soup. I was stuffed, and then he lets us bring leftovers home so that is what my DH had for dinner. I will definitely be making these again. We made so much of the cabbage and potato soup that he said that was going to be the special that night at the restaurant. This morning I started Cathe's October rotation with Cardio Kicks. It's always so much fun and of course I always think of Julie when I am doing that one. Have a great day!

Pam

Body Fusion format: warm up 6min, step combo one 8 min., weight segment one 4 min., step combo two 10 min., weight segment two 4 min., step combo three 9 min., weight segment three 6 min., Stretch 3 min., Total = 50 min.

Cheryl, Great job on your yoga. Glad the storm wasn't bad where you were either. Yah!

Pam, Great job on ICE Chiseled Lower Body and ICY core 2 and then more work at your moms. Good you had a rest day on Sun. Nice about the cooking class. Love soups and stews and cornbread, they all sound wonderful and healthy. Great job on starting October rotation and doing Cardio Kicks.

Julie, Great job on ICE MTB and BB. Hope your quads feel better later on. Bet it was fun at your Dad's BD party. Eating at a party sometimes is hard. It's OK, just get back to it tomorrow. And doing Pedal Power Scrambled when your quads were sore. Wow!

Take care everyone,

Janie

Julie Good job on ICE MTB + BB. Birthday parties are always bad for eating. Don't worry you will get back on track. Way to go on PP with your DOMS and your lazy afternoon.

Pam Good work on ICE Chiseled Lower Body and ICY Core 2. Your cooking class sounds like fun. Soups and stews are always good this time of year. Good job on Cardio Kicks. I just started week 3 of Cathe's October rotation.

Janie Good job on your Body Fusion workout.

This morning was Rock'm Sock'm Kickbox.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Last night I did Athletic Training! I feel like I pushed myself a little more but for some reason it also didn’t seem as hard as I remember. I was so bad yesterday. My direct reports brought in food for Boss’ Day and I overdosed on sugar again. Had a sugar crash around 10 am. They brought in my fall weakness of candy corn. I normally don’t eat at the food days here at work but they brought food in especially for me and the other manager in my area so I felt obligated.

Pam Great job on ICE CLB + Icy Core 2! Glad you had time to work on your mom’s house. How far along do you think you are? The cabbage and potato soup sounds interesting. I love cabbage but it stinks up the house and DH hates it. Great job on Cardio Kicks!

Janie Great job on Body Fusion! Your bread looked beautiful on FB. How long does it take to make a loaf?

Cheryl Great job on RSK! Well I didn’t get back to eating well on Monday but I am definitely done with the candy corn.

Have a great day!

Janie Great job on Body fusion. It looks like you had a great total body workout. Your bread looked absolutely amazing!

Cheryl Great job on Rock'm Sock'm Kickbox!

Juile Great job on AT and pushing it extra hard. Oh man, there is no way you can refuse a treat when someone brings i just for you. Don't beat yourself up about it though, just got back to your normal routine. Too bad your DH hates cabbage. I love it! We are close to the point at my moms that we need to get someone over there to give us a price on all the repair work that needs to be done. We are getting down to a bunch of furniture that needs to be taken to the dump, stuff that we might be able to sell, and stuff we just don't know what to do with!

This morning was supposed to be cycle max, but I rarely want to cycle so I did rhythmic step and Icy core 1 instead. I used to look forward to cycling days, but I think I got burned out on it. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Good work on Athletic Training. You can't turn down food if it is brought in for you and they know what your weakness is ;). Don't worry you will get back on track tomorrow.

Pam Good job on Rhythmic Step and Icy Core 1. Every Tuesday is one of the spin DVDs. I don't have any so I substitute too.

This morning I did Low Impact Challenge. Usually I don't have any issues with the choreography but this morning I had two left feet :confused:. In the afternoon I went out for a walk in the rain. I needed so fresh air and I had been sitting on my duff a little bit too much the past several days. It was actually nice and there weren't many people on the trails in the park.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Today's workout took about 20 min.

Lower Body Conditioning: This workout tones all of the major muscles in the Lower Body: Quadriceps, Hamstrings, Glutes, Buttocks, Outer and Inner thighs.

Julie, Great job on AT. It's OK to be bad sometimes as long as we get back to exercising and being good the next day. Otherwise (as I know, it can get the best of you). Besides, it was for you and yes, you were obligated.

Pam, Will be preparing more bread tomorrow and will bake it on Sat. It freezes well, and it's good for trades. LOL! Great job on RS and Icy core 1. I don't have a stationary bike here at the BH so I use my climber when I do cycle work. It's not very often, but it's there when I want it.

Cheryl, Great job on LIC. Sometimes our workouts are less than perfect. Could be you didn't sleep well, or maybe stress...so many things to make a workout less than perfect. You did it and that's what counts. Yay for you! Walking in the rain? You are amazing! I so understanding needing to get fresh air after sitting for so long. Good for you.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Last night I did Live Sweat, Jump, and Pump! It was billed as a random workout with cardio, lower, upper, and compound thrown at you in a random pattern. It truly fit that bill. It was a good workout. It had a section of curtsy lunge pulses that I thought I wouldn’t make through but I did. Hopefully my legs function later today.

Pam Great job on RS + Icy Core 1! It’s a lot of work going through someone’s house. Sounds like you are organized and getting there. Probably feels like it is taking longer than you want but seems like an end might be in sight soon.

Cheryl Great job on LIS LIC! I hate when I know a routine but I flub it up. I do that with kickboxing too and it is frustrating and confusing. Like I know this what is going on? A walk in the rain sounds interesting. I hope it wasn’t too cold. That is how our rain is, cold.

Janie Great job on Lower Body Conditioning! I did much better today. Someone had candy corn on their desk and I didn’t have any. Our department also had cake to celebrate a milestone and I said no to that too!

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job on LIC. That is so frustrating when your feet aren't working, good for you for toughing it out. Great job on your walk in the rain too. Sometimes it can be fun if it isn't raining too hard.

Janie Great job on Lower body conditioning! Bread seems like a great thing to have for trades, I bet you get a lot of interest in it!

Julie Great job on Live Sweat, Jump, and Pump, it sounds like one I would really like. I hope your legs are doing ok today after those curtsy lunges! The house definitely feels like it is taking forever, but we will get there. The biggest issue is that I have been neglecting things at our house because I feel like I need to be over there all the time.

This morning was ICE MTB + the blizzard blast. I almost subbed it out because I wasn't crazy about it the first time I did it. I used heavier weights fora about 3/4 of it, then dropped down to what she was using. It was ok, but still not one of my favorites. Have a great day everyone!

Pam

Janie Good work on your lower body conditioning workout.

Julie Good job on Live Seat, Jump and Pump. So how are your legs doing today after all those curtsy lunge pulses? Right now the rain isn't too cold here. It will change though the closer to winter we get.

Pam Way to go on ICE MTB + BB. It isn't one of my favorites either because I don't feel as if I get a good workout. It seems a bit easy for me.

This morning was Muscle Endurance. I think I need to do more endurance type workouts because I was feeling pretty wimpy. I used to be able to do this one without too much trouble, this morning though I was having a problem doing all the reps o_O.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Today (Wed.) was Body Fusion format: warm up 6min, step combo one 8 min., weight segment one 4 min., step combo two 10 min., weight segment two 4 min., step combo three 9 min., weight segment three 6 min., Stretch 3 min., Total = 50 min. Beet red and sweaty! YaHoo!

Julie, great job on Live Sweat, Jump, and Pump. Sounds like a challenging w/o. Good for you.

Pam, Great job on ICE MTB + the blizzard blast. Love how you modified for you. Good job!

Cheryl, Great job on Muscle Endurance. Some days are sometimes more challenging. It's OK, might have been not enough sleep anything really. You did good by just finishing the W/O. Proud of you.

Janie

Last night I did RWH Plyo HiiT 1! I was shocked I made it all the way through without pausing. I felt like pausing a few times but pushed through. Sheba makes it so hard to work out though. We don’t have a door to our workout room so I just put a baby gate up. She sits outside the baby gate and whines and cries the whole time. I’m hoping she will get used to it soon.

Pam Great job on ICE MTB + BB! I wasn’t crazy about it at first either. I am glad for the ICE workouts though because they helped me get back to it after a 3 week hiatus for vacation.

Cheryl Great job on ME! Endurance workouts are my weakness. Oh that burn hurts. My legs actually survived the curtsy lunges. My butt on the other hand is a mildly sore.

Janie Great job on Body Fusion! You are doing fabulous with all your workouts!

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great ob on ME. I think that she uses pretty heavy weights on some of those exercises considering the number of reps. My legs get shaky when I do that one

Janie Great job on body fusion. Beet red and sweaty is awesome, way to go!

Julie Great job on RWH Plyo HiiT 1! I did that one this morning but didn't do as well as you! Aw poor Sheba. That must be hard for you! I think you are right that the ICE workouts are perfect for getting back into the swing of things.

This morning was RWH Plyo Hiit 1 and No equipment abs. Unlike Julie, I couldn't make it through without pausing. I was almost done too, but that set of wide plyos did me in, I had to take a break. That workouts seems like it winds me more than the other hiit workouts because the breaks are so short. Oh well, I'm done with it! Have a great day!

Pam

Janie Way to go on your Body Fusion workout. It is great to be beet red and sweaty.

Julie Good job on RWH Plyo HiiT 1. You are awesome to make it all the way through especially with all of those burpees. Poor Sheba, she wants your attention.

Pam Good work on RWH Plyo HiiT 1 too and No Equipment Abs. That is a tough workout.

It was RWH Plyo HiiT 2 for me this morning. I sure don't find that one any easier than the first one. I was suppose to tack on weights and plates abs but I worked them yesterday and will be working them again tomorrow so I gave them a break. Then I took our neighbour's dog out for a long walk. They had to go to his parents house because his Dad was being placed into an extended care home so they wanted to be there. Then I got the housework and laundry done.

Have a great day everyone.

Cheryl

Tonight (Thursday) was Abs:10 minute Core Conditioning: This core workout uses a stability ball as well as intermediate level abdominal and core exercises.
Also Total Body Stretch: I enjoyed a 13 min. intermediate stretch segment that engaged all the major muscles in the body. Stretching not only helps increase flexibility, but it also helps improve posture and reduce muscle tension.

Julie, Great job on RWH Plyo HiiT 1. Proud of you to have the determination to do it without pausing. Good Job! Sheba will eventually get use to it.

Pam, Great job on RWH Plyo Hiit 1 and No equipment abs. Very proud of you for doing your best. That's the way to do it. Good for you!

Cheryl, Great job on RWH Plyo HiiT 2. You did an amazing job. Very proud of all three of you. Wow! Then for taking your neighbors dog out for a long walk. Plus your housework and laundry done. Are you super woman?

Take care everyone,

Janie

Last night I did Supercuts! It was just as much fun as I remember. The situp/pushup combo at the end is not fun though. I am so happy it is Friday. Although today the temperature dropped significantly. It was just above freezing. I have been wearing dresses all summer so I had to pull out my pants this morning.

Pam Great job on RWH Plyo HiiT 1 + NE abs! Those wide plyos are hard and the workout does have such short breaks. You did awesome. Some days we have energy coming out of our ears and other days we are good just doing something.

Cheryl Great job on RWH Plyo Hiit2 + the long dog walk and housework! I agree Plyo HiiT 2 is harder than 1.

Janie Great job on your core and stretch workout! That sounds like a good combo.

Have a great weekend!

Cheryl Great job on Plyo Hiit 2. For some reason that one doesn't have the dread factor for me that Plyo Hiit 1 does. I don't blame you for skipping the abs, no need to do them three days in a row. Great job with the walk and getting your housework done too!

Janie Great job on core conditioning and stretching. I really really really need to incorporate more stretching into my regular routine. The stretches at the end of the workouts are just not enough.

Julie Great job on Supercuts, that one is really fun except for the su/pu combo. In fact it gives me a bit of a dread factor for the workout knowing that is waiting for me at the end! I'm happy it's Friday too and our temp dropped today and is dropping even more tomorrow. It 2as 88 on Wednesday on 84 on Thursday. Today's high is supposed to be 74 and I think tomorrow it's supposed to be in the 60's. I am definitely not ready for cold weather, but I don't think I ever am!

This morning was XTrain disc 5 legs. I hadn't done that one in awhile and it was good. I like that the floorwork at the end is pretty short :) Happy Friday everyone, I hope everyone has a great weekend. We are excited because we have NO PLANS! Yippee!

Pam

Janie Good work on your ab and stretch workout.

Julie Good job on Supercuts. It is a fun workout except for the su/pu combo. That is killer. It is not nice when the temperature drops. Hopefully it won't get too cold yet.

Pam Good work on XTrain Legs. Nice that you have a weekend all to yourselves. Enjoy your weekend.

This morning was Lean Legs and Abs and then I went and got my hair cut and highlighted. Tonight was ladies night at a health food store that I shop at. I won two tickets so I took one of my friends. It was a lot of fun and and got a nice swag bag. Tomorrow I am going to the West Coast Women's show with a couple of other friends. That one is a lot of fun too.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Cheryl

Tonight (Friday 10/21/16) Step Jam Format: warm-up 8min., step aerobics 30 min., cool down 5min. A steady state step up workout. Total Workout was 43 min. I modified a bit.

Julie, Great job on SuperCuts. Seems Winter is really just around the corner. Ugh

Pam, Great job on XTrain disc 5 legs. Nice to have no plans on the weekend. Enjoy.

Cheryl, Great job on Lean Legs and Abs. Nice to be pampered a bit. Good for you.

Take care everyone, and enjoy the weekend.

Janie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.