Strength in Numbers

The weekend didn’t go by as slow as I had hoped but I was pretty busy so that is probably why. Saturday morning I did ICE CUB + MM for Back. After that it was taking Sheba to the vet for her initial visit and lots of errands and chores at home. DH and I took Sheba and Ozzie to the park for a little while. I think we will have to keep Sheba on a leash for a while though because she ran off and didn’t come back when called. Probably so much excitement going on there even though we were the only people. Sunday I did ICE CLB plus the BB. It was tough but I made it through and so far so good with being able to walk today. After that, DH’s sister came over so I could help her work on her budget and get her set up with online banking. After she left, I was lazy and binged on Netflix. Today is the first day that DH and I are both back at work and Sheba and Ozzie are by themselves. Hoping for them both to be good dogs while we are gone.

Cheryl Great job on XTrain Legs plus housework and errands! Great job on PUB and dragon boating! Sounds like your upper body got a workout with the bailing out of the boat too. So glad you had a good time with your family and that your turkey turned out good.

Janie Great job on the wedding video! Sorry the pictures didn’t work. Try this link instead. It is the page from the rescue site we got her from. Great job on building muscle. Muscle is like money in the bank for your body. Great job on your own 45 minutes of cardio. Breathers are good to take.

Pam Hope you had a good weekend and didn’t have any damage from the storm.

Have a great day!

Julie Great job on ICE MTB. I know you will back to your normal workouts soon without the DOMS. It is pretty annoying how quickly we get out of shape though, isn't it?! Sheba is so cute and how awesome of you to rescue an older dog. I hope that she and Ozzie become best buds.

Cheryl Great job on XTrain legs, housework and errands!

Janie Great job on the wedding video. Well it sounds like you know your own body very well and you certainly don't want GERD haunting you during the night. Two pounds a week is a very reasonable goal in my opinion and you are doing great. Keep up the good work!
Great job on your 45 minutes on the climber too. There is no shame in breathers! :D

Cheryl Great job on PUB and dragon boating. Hmmmmm, doesn't sound like a lot of fun to be doing it in the rain like that though! Happy Thanksgiving, I'm glad to hear that your turkey turned out well!

Julie You are really funny hoping for a weekend to go by slowly! Great job on ICE CUB+MM, errands, and chores. I bet Sheba was just so excited to be out at a park like that that she couldn't contain herself. Great job on ICE CLB+BB on Sunday. I hope the dogs do well without you home today!

Friday night we went to DHs sisters house for dinner because his mom and her fiance were in town. We also got to meet our new grand niece Eleanor for the first time, what a cutie. Ashley came Friday night with 4 friends from Virginia Tech to go to the UNC VT football game on Saturday. That was the day we were getting all of the wind and rain from Matthew, but they still went to the game. The power went out at Eric's apartment so he and his girlfriend came and spent the night here, so we had a houseful for the night. We got about 7-8 inches of rain and our power kept flickering, but it never went out. There was a lot of flooding, but we are at the top of the hill and we didn't have any damage at all. A few of our neighbors had flood damage and our friends down the street lost their power and had 3 trees go down. They fell across their driveway, but luckily they were able to find a tree guy who came Sunday morning to take care of them so they could get out of their driveway. We were really nervous when the kids were driving home because they were showing 3 people being rescued from the tops of their cars due to flooding 2 miles down the road from us, but the kids all got here safely with no issues. Then yesterday was an absolutely gorgeous day. Mid 70s and sunny. On the workout front, I did RWH Plyo Hiit 2 and Core 2 on Saturday, Sunday was a rest day, and this morning I did the step and circuits part of Body Max. I finished my rotation so I need to pick a new one! I hope everyone has a great day!

Pam

Julie Sorry that your weekend didn't go by as slowly as you had hoped. Good job on ICE CUB and MM for back and CLB and the BB. I hope everything went well with Sheba and Ozzie and they didn't get into too much trouble together.

Pam I am glad that you were safe from the storm and didn't get any damage from it.. It sounded like it was a nasty one. Good work on RWH Plyo Hiit 2 and core 2 and the step and circuits from Body Max.

This morning was Hardstrikes. Then in the afternoon I went out for a walk then cleaned up some of the garden. Tomorrow we are heading down to Washington State to visit our friends who have a cabin down there. I won't be able to do a workout tomorrow because we are leaving early and we may stay the night so will be back on Wednesday.

Have a great day everyone.

Cheryl

Did a full body workout called Total Body Sculpting, around 27 min.

Julie, Great job on ICE CUB and MM for Back. All weekends seems fast even retired weekends. LOL! And for taking Sheba to the vets and errands and chores. Also the park adventure. Great job on Sun. ICE CLB and BB. Nice to sit around and watch Netflix. What kind of mischief can Ozzie and Sheba get into?

Cheryl, Great job on Hardstrikes and the walk in the afternoon and garden cleaning. What part of WA?

Pam, It's so nice seeing family, enjoy when you can. I hate storms. Glad you live on a hill and free from flooding. So glad the kids got there with no problems. Wow! Then beautiful day the next day. It seems that Autumn is like that. Great job on RWH Plyo HiiT 2 & Core 2 and Sun. rest day. Nice job on step and circuits par of Body Max. Congratulations finishing the rotation.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Last night I did ICE: Rockem’ Sockem’ Kickbox. It felt new but I thought I had done it before. It was good and still the perfect level of intensity that I needed. DH and I also took the puppies for a walk. They did so good being home alone yesterday for the first time. Nothing out of place and they were both in one piece when we got home.

Pam Wow it sounds like a lot went on for you over the weekend. Glad you got to spend time with so much of your family and everyone stayed safe. That would certainly be scary and nerve racking. Great job on keeping up with your workouts with RWH Plyo HiiT 2 + Core 2 and Body Max step and circuits!

Cheryl Great job on Hardstrikes! Safe travels and hope you have a wonderful time visiting your friends at their cabin. Sounds lovely!

Janie Great job on TBS! Oh no that doesn’t good if retired weekends go by fast. You’d be surprised what kind of trouble they can get into. I have come home to my couch pulled away from the wall and in the middle of the room before because Maggie could smell a treat under the couch.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job on Hardstrikes, your walk and cleaning up the garden. My yard needs work, but we have been spending all of our free time working on my mothers house so ours is getting neglected. :confused: Spending time at a cabin in Washington sounds lovely. I hope you get good weather and have a nice time!

Janie Great job on Total Body sculpting. It was really nice spending time with the kids and their friends last weekend. The friends were all such nice kids and it makes you feel good to see what good people they are becoming!

Julie Great job on Rockem Sockem Kickbox. I think I have done that one twice and liked it, but it's been a long time since I've done any of the ICE workouts. There are still some that I haven't done yet, so I need to check those out! I'm so glad to hear that the dogs behaved themselves while they were home alone! I'm sure you were relieved!

I still haven't picked a new rotation so this morning I did Muscle Max. I may just play it by ear this week and start a rotation next week. I'm so excited to see that they have started filming the new workouts and was happy to see a new bootcamp workout coming. I can't wait to get them.
Have a great day!

Pam

Last night I did ICE Boot Camp Circuit plus the BB. I was only intending on doing the main workout with no BB but at the end I thought why not try to tack on the BB which is only 2 more rounds. I made it. Now to make sure I can still walk later today.

Pam Great job on MM! I saw on FB last night that Cathe is already done filming. I was like “WAIT … WHAT?” I only remember her posting pictures from 2 workouts. They must have filmed two workouts a day for some of them. I’m excited to get these too. I am thrilled about the spinning, circuit, and PHAT workouts most.

Have a great day!

Julie Great jobon BCC+BB. See, you are getting it back already, tacking on that BB. I hope your legs are doing ok! I had the same reaction when I saw that post that they finished filming already. Didn't they just start on Monday? I saw posts about one of the PHAT workouts and Bootcamp and then boom! They were done! I hope the editing goes as quickly!

This morning I did Crossfire. I was feeling like I needed an intense cardio workout but had just done all of the Imax's and I had Intensity in my hand, but feel like I've done that one a lot lately too, and I looked at my shelf and there was Crossfire. it was the perfect one for me today. I hope everyone has a great day!

Pam

Last night was ICE LIS 2 + BB! It was rainy all day yesterday and now it is colder. Fall is coming and there is nothing I can do to stop it. Actually I don’t mind Fall it is what comes after that I don’t like.

Pam Great job on CrossFire! My muscles seem to be getting better at handling the workouts but I still need to get my cardio back so I can do things like CF or the RWH workouts.

Have a great day!

Julie Great job on LIS2+BB. I hate that fall is coming, I even had to turn the heat on the other day. :( Our winters are really not that bad, but I still don't like them!

This morning I did Muscle Endurance. I hadn't done that one in ages. I liked it better than I remembered. :) Have a great day everyone!

Pam

Janie Good job on Total Body Sculpting. Our friends cabin is just 15 minutes south of Sumas and very close to Bellingham and Lynden.

Julie Good job on Rockem' Sockem' Kickbox. Glad that the puppies were good staying home by themselves.

Pam Way to go on Muscle Max.

Julie Good work on ICE Bootcamp Circuit plus the BB. Good for you in tacking on the BB when you weren't going to do it.

Pam Good job on Crossfire.

Julie Good job on ICE LIS 2 +BB. It is really rainy here too now, not fun.

Pam Good work on Muscle Endurance.

We got back from our friends cabin late last night. It was a lot of fun and the weather was really nice. It was a nice little break. This morning I did AOLIH but I was really tired so I struggled to get through it. Normally I don't have a problem getting through that one. Then I went and got a few groceries and then just had a lazy day.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

What? I missed two days! I truly don't remember that I didn't post that long. I'm all mixed up. I did TBS and Stair climber another day for 30 min.

Cheryl, Great job on AOLIH. Some days are a struggle. You'll do better next time.

Pam, Great job on ME. Hmmm I should get that one out.

Julie, Great job on ICE LIS 2 + BB. Yeah, I don't mind Fall either, but Winter is another story. Ugh...

Take care all,

Janie

Last night I did a Live Ramped Up Cardio & Weights. It was good. I was just saying that I think my muscles are doing better and during the workout last night my quads were really feeling it. I think I may have strained my left quad a little so squats and lunges were a little shallow. Today is my rest day so I am hoping that my quads get time to heal so I can workout over the weekend.

Pam Great job on Muscle Endurance! We had our heat on. So far it is looking like our temps will go back up for this weekend which is great.

Cheryl So glad you had a great time visiting your friend. Great job on getting through AOLIH even though you were tired.

Janie Great job on TBS and Stair Climber for 30 minutes. Time flies and it is so easy to get going on something and poof the day is gone.

Have a great weekend!

Cheryl Good job toughing it out got AOLIH when you weren't feeling up to it. I'm glad you had a nice time at your friends cabin. Those little get aways can be so fun!

Janie You are too funny. Great job on TBS and stair climbing!

Julie Great job on Live Ramped Up Cardio & Weights, I hope your quads are ok. This is that crazy time of year for weather. I had the heat on one day and yesterday I had to turn the AC back on :confused:.

This morning I did cardio fusion. That one is never in rotations, but it's one that I really like. Now I need to get busy and get a new rotation pickec out so that it's not suddenly Monday morning and I realize I don't know what I'm going to do! Have a great day!

Pam

Janie Way to go on TBS and your stair climber.

Julie Good work on Live Ramped Up Cardio & Weights. I hope you didn't pull a quad muscle.

Pam Good job on Cardio Fusion. Because it isn't in the rotations I haven't done it in a long time.

This morning it was Great Glutes. I was much more awake this morning than yesterday.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Cheryl

Literally don't have time to exercise today. There is a huge storm coming our way and I want to bake as many loaves as I can. I've prepared 16+ loaves to bake. I think I will only be able to bake half that, if I'm lucky.
Baking bread day. Hope the power stays on. This is ready to shape, rise and bake. That's only one of many. Each take about 45 to 50 min.

Janie

Janie The storm is headed our way as well. Stay save and I hope your power stays on. The trees around us always makes me nervous when there is a lot of wind.

This morning I did Upper Body Tri Sets. I haven't done that one in a long time. Then I went out dragon boating. We wanted to get out before the next wind storm hit.

Cheryl

Just woke up and continuing my bread baking. Altogether there will be 16 large loaves. Then I start next Thursday again preparing the starter to bake 9 more loaves. All this because I made to much starter and don't want to waste it. LOL! The results though are healthy fermented bread that doesn't hurt my GERD. Of course will share my bounty.

Cheryl, We have a lot of trees too in our area, but the root system is so strong and intertwined, I feel it's helping with the wind and protecting us. I may be wrong. The storm wasn't as bad as they predicted and all is well.

Great job on UBTS. And dragon boating? You are so cool to do that!

Take care and have fun,

Janie

Janie You won't need to make bread for a while :cool:. The storm wasn't as bad here as predicted either.

This morning I did yoga and then it was kind of a lazy day.

Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.