Strength in Numbers

Cheryl Maybe I will save that rotation for when I am retired too. :D Great job on CLB+BB+MM+Core, yowza! That was quite the workout!! Great job on YR and BC+BB+MM too!

Janie It sounds like a good plan to repeat until you are ready to move on. Sorry about the Seahawks, but I was cheering for our Panthers. I would love to see them win the Superbowl!

Julie Great job on you leg and back workout. Oh no, poor Ozzie :( 4 surgeries in 4 years!! Great job on GS CST! Isn't that strange how the weekends fly by the way they do?! This one was especially fast I thought.

Saturday was supposed to be one of the MMA workouts, but I don't really like those, so I did ICE LI Sweat 1+2 plus the BB and core 2. After that we went to visit our BIL who just had back surgery, then I had a hair appt, then I had to make a salad and dessert for dinner at a friends. Sunday was my rest day and we had kind've a lazy morning, then I did shopping and a bunch of food prep for the week and then went to our neighbors to watch the Steelers game. DH wasn't very happy when they lost, but they did better than he was expecting. This morning I just couldn't get out of bed, so planning to get the workout in later today. Happy Monday!

Pam

Janie I hope that you enjoyed your rest day. Good idea to repeat the week over again to try it again.

Julie good work on your weight workout and Gym Style Chest, Triceps and Shoulders. Sorry to hear about Ozzie. I hope everything goes well with the surgery.

Pam That rotation does take time and I know I couldn't do it if I was still working. Did you know that the Nourishing Gurus are starting another Mega Energy Breakthrough program? I think this one starts on January 25th for 4 weeks. I wasn't sure if you were still interested in it. Good work on ICE LI Sweat 1 and 2 + BB and core 2. Were you able to get your workout in tonight?

This morning I did ICE LI Sweat 2 + BB + MM Back. Then I made some butternut squash soup and went for a walk and cleaned up in the yard since it wasn't raining out.

Have a great day everyone.

Cheryl

Last night was weights for legs and back. It has been so bitterly bold here lately. I think it is sucking the life and energy right out of me. I have another week and a half and then I get a recovery week and I don’t think I have looked forward to one this much before.

Pam Great job on ICE LIS 1 & 2 + BB + core 2! Wow you had a busy weekend but it sounds like you had some fun in there. Sometimes you just need those mornings in bed.

Cheryl Great job on ICE LIS 2 + BB + MM! Yum! Butternut Squash soup is one of my favorites. I haven’t made it in so long.

Have a great day!

Cheryl I saw that there was another ME starting soon and was trying to decide whether or not to join. I had decided I was going to, but then I missed the deadline for the lower price and the price went up to $297! So I'm not going to do it. I did get my workout in! I was sooo hungry but decided I better do it before eating anything or it wasn't going to happen. Great job on LIS 1+2 + BB + MM. Almost the same workout I had on Saturday. I really like that one a lot. Yummmm...I love butternut squash soup but my DH doesn't like it, so I never make it.

Julie Great job on legs and back. We are having cold weather too, but I don't think quite as bad. I was complaining because it was in the 30s here yesterday, but then I was on the phone with a teammate in Pittsburgh and she said it was 3 there. Yikes! I just want to stay in bed under the covers or on the couch by a fire when it is so cold!

Last night I did get my workout in. DH was in NY so it made it easier since I didn't need to worry about getting him dinner. I did Hiit P and NE abs. I was really feeling the abs, I didn't remember that one being so hard, but I was struggling. Hiit Pyramid is my least favorite of those Hiit workouts too because of all of those 1/4 turn jumps, but I got through. You guys just get to hear me whine about it :p This morning was disc 15 back and biceps. I don't really care for those failure sets either. Ouch! Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Good work on your weight work for legs and back. Sorry that it is so cold where you are but we are inching closer to spring :).

Pam They will have another ME probably in the fall. They seem to do it twice a year. My DH doesn't like butternut squash soup either so I just make it for myself. Good for you in getting your workout in last night and on this mornings STS back and biceps.

This morning was ICE Rock'm Sock'm Kickbox + BB + MM triceps. I like the workouts but I am finding it hard to do such long workouts every day. I do want to start STS again so I am deciding on whether I am going to start it next week or the beginning of February. I went for a walk this afternoon because it was nice and warm here somewhere in the 50's so I wanted to take advantage of it. However my DH has had a cold since Friday and I am feeling like I am starting to get it now :mad:. I hope I can beat it and not get too sick.

Cheryl

Last night was yoga. I was so happy to do it. I was feeling really de-energized and my back was a little sore so it was nice to do something light and relaxing. While I have come full circle from never doing yoga to enjoying it, I doubt I will ever get to where that is all I want to do or to do it more than 2 days a week. We shall see though!

Pam Great job on getting your workout in with DWP and NE abs! I am not a fan of those ¼ jump turns either so we can commiserate together. Great job on disc 15! Yep we had been in single digits earlier this week but now are in the 20s again. Supposed to be 30s by this weekend! 61 days till Spring!

Cheryl Great job on RSK + BB + MM! That level 3 rotation does have crazy long workouts. I think it would get hard after a while. I know some people might split it up and do the MM later but I don’t like getting sweaty twice. Wow 50s is nice. Only 61 days till Spring but if you keep having nice days like that, you won’t need to count down. I hope you don’t end up getting a cold.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job on RSK + BB + MM. I thought the length of the workouts in that rotation was a bit much too. I can see one or two a week, but not every day being that long. Oh, we are supposed to be back up in the 50's next week too. I can't wait, it has been so cold this week! I hope you are able to fight off that cold and that your DH is feeling better soon!

Julie Great job on yoga! I am so impressed that you are actually enjoying it now. It's so funny that I can't wait until spring either because we have had a really mild winter so far. I just am not a fan of winter at all though. And they are talking about freezing rain here on Friday morning which always causes a big mess, even if we don't actually get any! :rolleyes:

This morning was disc 3 legs. I am still feeling a little DOMS in my abs from NE abs on Monday and my biceps and back are talking to me too! Have a great day everyone!

Pam

Yesterday was Chiseled Upper Body and Icy Core 1 Whew! And today is a rest day.

Pam, Great job on disc 3 legs. DOM's are always good. Good for you!

Julie, Great job on yoga. It truly makes a body healthy. I try to do yoga at least twice a week too. Usually on my rest days and forget to post it. LOL But when I'm in a slump I do more yoga.

Cheryl, Great job on ICE Rock'm Sock'm Kickbox + BB + MM triceps. I do the timesaver premixes. It's fine by me for now. OOOO good girl to start STS again. You go girl! Great job on your walk. Take some Cinnamon oil and honey to help out with that cold you may be getting.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Julie Good job on yoga. Too funny that after dreading it for so long you are now enjoying it. I don't like getting sweaty twice either. I need to get all of my workout done in the morning or it won't get done at all. Too much other stuff gets in the way. Nope got the cold :( now I am trying to fight it off.

Pam I hope it warms up for you next week. I now have the cold so I am now trying to fight it off. Good job on disc 3 legs. DOMS is such a nice feeling, lets you know that you worked hard.

Janie Good job on Chiseled Upper Body and Icy Core 1. Enjoy your rest day. I don't have any cinnamon oil. I will need to look for it.

This morning was supposed to be a day off but it seemed weird to take Wednesday off so I decided to do PRS #2. I was stuffed up during it but at least I had the energy to move this morning. I just took some Nyquil (my drug of choice :rolleyes:) so I am starting to feel tired. I will probably go to bed early to get a good nights sleep.

Cheryl

No workout last night. Ozzie’s surgery was yesterday and by the time we got him home and figure out how to keep him from licking at his stitches which involved going into town and buying boy pajama bottoms (see picture below, he looks thrilled), it was too late to get a workout in. Hopefully I will get one in tonight. Pretty tired though. Ozzie had trouble going to sleep and spent a few hours whining from the pain before the pain meds finally kicked in and he went to sleep. Poor little guy.

Pam Great job on disc 3 legs! I have been doing Get Glutes for my lower body and while I like the workouts I sometimes miss Cathe’s leg workouts especially when I see you gals doing them. I was going to try to stick with Get Glutes for 6 months which would be end of April but I’m starting to break down. I hope you don’t get freezing rain. That is messy and no fun to drive in. Be careful if you do.

Janie Great job on ICE CUB + Icy Core 1! I’m amazed at how my thinking has done a 180 with yoga. And it does make me feel so much better by doing it once in the middle of my workout week.

Cheryl Great job on PRS#2 even with being stuffed up! Oh boy Nyquil knocks me out. If I take it on a work night I can only take half a dose or there will be no functioning the next day because I am still groggy. I hope you get over the cold quickly!

Have a great day!

Attachments

• 20160120_171721_resized.jpg
    20160120_171721_resized.jpg
    328.5 KB · Views: 21
Janie Great job on CUB+core 1. I really love those ICE core workouts!

Cheryl Oh so sorry to hear that you go the cold :( I hope you are able to fight it off quickly. I have been getting just the right amount of DOMS during this STS rotation so far. Enough to know that I'm working, but not so much that I can barely move. o_O Great job on PRS 2, especially with a cold. I hope you got a good nights sleep!

Julie Oh, poor Ozzie. I hate it when they are hurting and there is nothing we can do. I must say he does not look very happy about his outfit in that picture! :D Poor little guy. I hope you were able to get some sleep once he settled down. I don't think it would be cheating if you threw some Cathe in during your GG rotation. You're still working it and not just sitting on the couch eating bon bons (one of Mindys' sayings!) :eek:. DH and I are already planning on working at home tomorrow so we will avoid driving in the freezing rain if we get any. No need to be out in that if we don't have to be.

This morning MMA Boxing was on the calendar so I subbed it with KPC. I hadn't done that one for awhile so it was fun. I'm always so happy when she says 2 more during those pikes. This week has gone by much faster than last week did, I can't believe it's already Thursday. I'm not complaining though. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Ozzie does not look thrilled at all in his new outfit. I hope the poor guy gets better soon. It is so hard to see them in pain and there is nothing that you can do about it. Hopefully you will get a workout in tonight. The Nyquil knocked me out and I did get a good nights sleep but I am still stuffed up. I will take it again tonight and see how I am tomorrow.

Pam Glad that you are getting the right amount of DOMS with STS. Yes I did get a good nights sleep but I am still stuffed up. Good job on KPC and all of those pikes. I am happy that the week went by fast for you this time.

So today I was so stuffed up I wanted to stay in bed. But the cats had other ideas in mind, like wanting some food :confused:. So I got up and fed them and then had some coffee and I was feeling a little bit better so I decided that I would try working out. So I started with ICE MTB and then since I was still feeling OK I did the BB + MM Chest (though I had to lighten the weight since I wasn't feeling too strong.) Then I decided that I would get all the housework done. OK now I am done time to relax.

Cheryl

Last night was weights for legs and triceps. Ozzie’s pain seems to be so much better now. He was able to go to sleep without pain meds and no whimpering. Yesterday was a super busy day with 5 hours of meeting but I have 6 hours of meetings today. Good thing is it should make the day go by faster. Ready for the weekend!

Pam Great job on KPC! That one is more fun and intense than MMA Boxing. I agree this week has gone by faster. And I am excited that we only have one more week of January left. It was heartbreaking listening to Ozzie whine from the pain. I am so glad he did not do that last night. I am planning on doing a recovery week in February so I will definitely get my Cathe fix then.

Cheryl Wow! Great job on all you did while not feeling top notch! ICE MTB + BB + MM + housework! That is a great job. Yes it was so sad listening to Ozzie cry. We tried to snuggle him but that didn’t help. He finally got some sleep after we gave him some more pain meds. He did so much better last night so I hope the pain is subsiding.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Sorry to hear you are still stuffed up but it sounds like it isn't slowing you down! What''s the matter with those cats expecting food every day anyway? :eek: Great job on MTB+BB+MM when you were feeling icky and getting the housework done too! Wow! Q

Julie Great job on legs and triceps. I'm so glad to hear that Ozzie is doing so much better. It's just heartbreaking when they are hurting. I am with you being ready for the weekend. I'm glad that you will be able to get your Cathe fix soon.

This morning was disc 19 chest, shoulders and triceps. It flew by despite being almost 70 minutes long. We are getting freezing rain this morning so we are working at home today. Yuck. it looks ugly out there. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Good work on your weight work for legs and triceps. I am glad to hear that Ozzie is doing better. It is so hard when they are in pain. I hope your day went by fast.

Pam Good work on STS disc 19 chest shoulders and triceps. Stay safe it sounds like you guys are getting hit with a nasty storm.

Well I was feeling a bit worse today and I didn't feel like working out at all so I took today as a day off. Hopefully I will back at it tomorrow.

Cheryl

Saturday I did weights for legs and back and then did a bunch of stuff around the house. I had a big to do list and was not motivated to do any of it after my workout but I got it all done. I told DH I was so proud I was thinking about framing my marked off to do list. Sunday was Gym Styles Chest, Triceps, and Shoulders and then being lazy the rest of the day. DH watched football while I binged on watching Vikings on Amazon.

Pam Great job on disc 19! Saw your area got hit bad and lost power. Hope it is back on and everything is ok.

Cheryl Good for you for taking the day off so you can rest and hopefully get better.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Good for you for taking a rest day when you needed it. I hope that you are feeling better now.

Julie Great job on legs and back and your epic to-do list, especially when you weren't feeling up for it! Great job on GS CST on Sunday too. I haven't heard of Vikings, I guess I will need to check that one out.

I ended up taking Saturday as a rest day because we had no power! We had freezing rain on Friday and our power went out around 4:30 on Friday afternoon. It came back on that evening for about an hour, but then it went out again and was out until Saturday afternoon. We had about 1/2" of ice, which was just enough to take down a bunch of power lines, The roads were clear by Saturday night though, and now there are just remnants in some of the grassy shaded areas. Of course all of the schools are still closed today though. :rolleyes: We have a gas stove and a nice wood burning fireplace, so we didn't do too badly. Yesterday I did Rockem Sockem Kickbox+core 1, then just laundry, errands and football for the rest of the day. This morning was Disc 10 chest, shoulders and biceps. All of my muscles have a nice little hum going on right now. Once again Monday morning came way too fast, I hope everyone has a great day!

Pam

Julie way to go on your weight work for legs and back and Gym Style Chest, Triceps and Shoulders. Good for you in getting your to do list done when you didn't want to. It always feels good to get it done so you don't have to worry about it for the rest of the weekend. I heard that Vikings was a good show but I haven't watched it yet.

Pam I am glad that you survived the storm that passed over you on the weekend. It sounded pretty bad. So nice that you have a gas stove and a fireplace so you could still cook and stay warm. Good work on Rock'm Sock'm Kickbox and core 1 and STS disc 10 Chest, Shoulders and Biceps.

I am doing a lot better today with my cold. I still feel it a bit but it is a lot better. So Saturday I did Low Impact Challenge and Sunday was Pilates. As my parents are away in Arizona we take turns with my brother going out to their place to check up on it. So yesterday was our turn to go out. It was a nice day for a drive and to get out in the fresh air. This morning I decided that I wanted to start STS again so it was disc 1 Chest, Shoulders and Biceps. I liked the ICE rotation that I was doing but I found it hard to do such long workouts everyday.

Cheryl

Cheryl We really didn't too badly with the storm. I think Virginia and the DC area got it really bad with all of the snow. It was in the 50s here yesterday and is supposed to be 60 today, so most of it is gone already. I was glad our power wasn't out for longer than it was though! I'm glad to hear that you are starting to feel better. I hate getting coldes. Great job on LIC and Pilates! Great job on disc 1 of STS. I wouldn't be able to do that ICE rotation with such long workouts either. Are you doing the regular STS rotation that includes STS cardio? I sort've am, but I'm being pretty liberal about substituting the cardio workouts.

This morning was hiit 40/20 and stability ball abs. I hadn't done that ab workout in a long time and I had forgotten all about the 1 legged pikes. I've never even been brave enough to try those, but I did make it through doing a 2-legged version. I still didn't get all the way up on the ends of my toes like they do, but I came close o_O Or at least close enough for me! Have a great day!

Pam

Last night was weights for legs and back. I was really struggling last night and I am not sure if it is because I need a recovery week or I am just super stressed with work right now.

Pam So glad you didn’t have any damage and the power was out for only a day instead of multiple days. With the gas stove and fireplace you probably stayed fairly warm. Great job on RSK, laundry and errands on Sunday and Disc 10 on Monday with all those pushups! Great job on 40/20 and sb abs! You are so good with those pikes. I fear doing 2-legged version and thought Cathe had lost her mind when I saw the 1-legged version.

Cheryl Great job on LIS LIC and Pilates! I bet it was refreshing to get fresh air after being sick for a few days. Glad you are feeling better. Great job on starting STS with disc 1! I am almost done with season 1 of Vikings and really like it. It probably doesn’t hurt that the lead actor isn’t bad to look at.

Have a great day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.