Strength in Numbers

Yikes! Missing in Action again! Mon. I did Low Impact Sweat-Cardio 2 and Icy Core 2. Will come back and tell you what I've done tonight. LOL!

Julie, Stress does awful things. Could be stress. But recovery week is very important as well. Do both. Great job n weights for legs and back.

Pam, Great job on hiit 40/20 (fun), and stability ball abs. Pikes are still hard for me. Haven't tried, like forever. Close enough is good.

Cheryl, Glad you are feeling better with that awful cold. Great job on Saturday, Low Impact Challenge and Sunday's Pilates. Good for you starting up STS again. With disc 1 Chest, Shoulders and Biceps. Ice has time saving premixes. I do them.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Pam Glad to hear that it is warming up for you. I am going to do my own cardio with it. I am going to go in order with the STS but for the cardio I want to do two days of Hiit and abs and another day with a longer cardio workout. Good job on Hiit 40/20 and stability ball abs. Way to go on the pikes. The 1 legged ones are so hard.

Julie Good work on weights for legs and back. Sorry that you are stressed at work. I hope tonight's workout was easier for you. It is always nice to have some eye candy to look at when you are watching a show ;).

Janie Don't worry about being MIA it happens to all of us. It is funny though how fast time flies and you don't realize how much time has passed. Good job on ICE Low Impact Sweat Cardio 2 and core 2.

Today was RWH LIH and STS Pilate Abs.

Have a great day everyone.

Cheryl

Last night was yoga and I really needed it. I didn’t get very good sleep last night. Maggie tried waking me up about an hour and a half before my alarm. She doesn’t do that every day but some days I think she gets anxious to eat.

Janie Great job on ICE LIS 2 + Icy Core 2! I am definitely looking forward to a recovery week next week.

Cheryl Great job on RWH LIH + STS Pilates abs! Yoga was definitely easier and so nice to stretch my muscles.

Have a great day!

Julie Great job on you Leg and back workout. Sorry to hear that work is so stressful. That could definitely be the culprit, or maybe a combination. I definitely think Cathe lost her mind with the 1-legged pikes. I have no idea how they do them!

Janie It's great to hear from you, Don't worry about being MIA, it happens! Great job on LIS 2 and Icy Core 2! I can't wait to hear what you did last night!

Cheryl It sounds like you have a good cardio plan for your rotation. I put the STS cardio workouts in my calendar just to have an idea of what type of workout was intended for that day and trying to do something similar when I make changes. At least for the mots part. Great job on RWH LIH and STS Pilate Abs!

Julie Great job on yoga. I have really been having some aches and pains lately and thinking I need to start working some yoga in. Sorry you got a lousy sleep. Fritz has been interfering with my sleep a lot lately too. He has discovered sleeping on the bed with us too, but he doesn't stay down by your feet like the other two, he likes to be right in your face and does a lot of getting up and readjusting. :rolleyes: The other night he brought his little toy into the bed in the middle of the night and started playing with it. o_O I need to figure out how to put a stop to that!

This morning was disc 29 plyo legs. I woke up this morning thinking it was Friday o_O and wasn't happy at all when I realized it is only Wednesday! I'm not sure where that came from. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie nice job on yoga. I really look forward to yoga especially when I am sore. Sorry that you didn't get a good nights sleep. Hopefully Maggie will let you sleep tonight.

Pam you have a plan too with the cardio. Great job on disc 29 plyo legs. Oh no not nice to think it is two days further in the week than it really is. I hope the next few days goes by fast for you.

This morning for me was STS disc 2 Back and Triceps. Then I had some running around to do and then did the grocery shopping. Now I feel like a nap. It is dark and dreary here with the rain.

Cheryl

Last night was ICE LIS 1! It was the perfect level of intensity for me right now. Normally I would feel like it wasn’t intense enough or long enough at the given intensity but since I am really due for a recovery week, it was perfect. Some of the moves felt a little awkward to me but I think that is because they are new. I’m sure I will get used to them in time. Oh and I got much better sleep last night. DH and I went to bed about 45 minutes early and I only remember getting up once and having trouble falling back to sleep. And Maggie let me sleep till my alarm went off!

Pam Great job on Disc 29! Oh my that is a big difference between Friday and Wednesday. I think I would have crawled back into bed at that point. Fritz sounds like Ozzie. He will either want to get under the covers and sleep on top of my legs or up by my head and move around or kick me at night. He also likes to bring toys into the bed and play with them. Let me know if you figure out how to make that stop.

Cheryl Great job on disc 2! Yuck your weather doesn’t sound very good for getting things done. But does for sleeping! We are supposed to get into the 50s this weekend which will be nice except it will mean Ozzie will be muddy when he comes in from outside.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job on STS disc 2 and errands. Did you get your nap in? It sounded like that was the perfect thing to do with the weather you were having.

Julie Great job on ICE LIS 1! Is that the first ICE workout you have done? I like the intensity level of that workout and when you want a more intense version the premix with 1+2+BB is perfect. I really feel like it gives me a great workout. There are some awkward moves in there I agree! I'm glad to hear you got a better sleep and that Maggie let you sleep! So far Fritz hasn't brought any more toys to bed, but he has a hard time staying still for too long. I'm sure that will settle down as he gets older (at least I hope!)

I had an unplanned morning off this morning. I woke up during the night to go to the bathroom and my foot was really bothering me so I was questioning whether I should do cardio this morning. Then when my alarm when off I tried to snooze but turned it off instead, so I didn't get up in time for a workout. Perhaps some divine intervention.....?! It feels like tendonitis in my ankle on one side. I'm going to see how it feels at the end of the day today and probably will do weights tomorrow and not cardio if it is still bothering me. Next week is my recovery week and I might just do an inactive recovery week.....Have a great day, even though it's STILL not Friday!

Pam

Rotation is good, but I'm not ready for week two yet. Will be starting week 1 yet again on Mon. In the mean time I'm doing the best I can with the second week. Been playing on my guitar "I Can't Help Falling In Love With You" Looking at the You Tube. He (Elvis) was kinda sorta arrogant wasn't he? Cape and all. I think that's why I never got into him. But I do love this song. Can be sung beautifully.

Pam, Sorry about your foot. But glad you are taking precautions. Good for you.

Julie, Great job on ICE LIS 1. Don't you just love it when it is perfect. Meaning due for a recovery week. You did good. Glad you slept better, it's so important. Our fur babies can be considerate at times by letting you wake up by the alarm. LOL!

Cheryl, Great job on STS disc 2 back and triceps and for errands. We are dark and dreary here as well. Ugh...

Take care everyone,

Janie

Julie good job on ICE LIS 1. I like that one and you can always jazz it up by including the BB. Glad to hear that Maggie let you sleep last night. I take it that Ozzie loves to play outside in the puddles?

Pam No I didn't get my nap in but I sure did sleep well. I slept for nearly 9 hours :confused: I have no idea why I was so tired. Too funny about Fritz having a hard time staying still. Just to let you know that Taylis is almost 16 years old and he hasn't settled down yet. Sometimes I wake up with a cat toy in the bed. I hope that your ankle is feeling better and it isn't anything too serious.

Janie no problem doing a week over again. Move on when you feel ready. I really like "I can't help falling in love with you" too. I liked the old Elvis from the 50s and early 60s. I wasn't much into his later stuff.

This morning was Step Blast. I really like that one. Then I got some housework done and in the afternoon we walked down to one of our Starbucks that is close by for a coffee. It was really nice and warm out today. I could even open up some of the doors and windows to let some fresh air in. It seems like spring is in the air but I know that can change in an instant. They say we may get a little bit of snow on Sunday. Umm we will see.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Last night I did my last workout of Get Glutes for legs and back. I am so excited that I am going to do a recovery week starting Saturday. I was originally planning on going back to Get Glutes after the recovery week but now I am not sure. I think I will have to play it by ear and see how I feel towards the end of next week.

Pam So sorry about your ankle. Does sound like you had some divine intervention there. I hope you feel better but if not doing just weights tomorrow and possibly sticking to stretching next week might help. Yes ICE LIS 1 was my first ICE workout. I know I am a late comer to the party. I am going to use my recovery week to explore some more of the workouts.

Janie Good for you for finishing week 1 and listening to your body and sticking with it for another week. I think that is my favorite Elvis song. I love his songs but never really paid attention to what kind of person he was. I wish Maggie would let my alarm go off every morning. She probably wakes me up 4-5 mornings early so she can be fed earlier.

Cheryl Great job on Step Blast + housework! We are supposed to have a really warm weekend too. Not quite opening windows warm but 50s so I will take it. If you get snow Sunday, I hope it is a light dusting that doesn’t stick. I think that is what is going to be great about ICE is being able to lower or increase the intensity with the BB. Ozzie likes to run and running in mud equals mud in his paws and all over his body. Sometimes it is easier to just hose him down before letting him back in.

Have a great weekend!

janie I'm glad you are enjoying the rotation and listening to your body and not moving on unitl you are ready. I love that song, but I haven't seen the video. A cape huh? I bet it is hard not to let all of that adoration go to your head. My nephew was a huge Elvis fan. When he was little he used to carry Elvis tapes around in his pockets so he could play them wherever he went!

Cheryl Wow, apparently you needed the sleep. It can be so nice to get a long sleep like that. Uh oh, toys in the bed at 16? iI don't like the sound of that! He brought his toy into the bed again early this morning. We are thinking we need to start taking the toys away at night. Great job on Step Blast, such a fun one! Oh boy, opening up the windows and doors sounds awesome. We are supposed to be in the mid 60s this weekend and close to 70 next week. I'm excited! You are right about how it can change in an instant, you never know what you will get this time of year!

Julei Great jobon GG and congrats on finishing the rotation! The foot/ankle are still bothering me some, but feeling quite a bit better. I think I need to baby it for awhile longer though. There are still a couple of ICE workouts that I haven't tried yet. I don't think I will get to them until after my STS rotation though, but we will see.

This morning was STS disc 9 back and triceps. I had forgotten about all of the chin-ups and pull-ups in this series. I haven't gotten any better at them either! I also did Weights and Plates abs because I was supposed to do that one yesterday. So happy it's Friday! Have a great weekend!

Pam

Julie Enjoy your recovery week. I think ICE would be the perfect series to do for it. You can up or lower the intensity depending on how you feel. See how you are feeling by the end of the week to see if you want to continue with Get Glutes.

Pam You are probably wise to take the toys away at night or he could find something else to annoy you :). Do you have door stoppers that are on springs? I know Tango used to love playing with those especially at night. Good job on STS disc 9 back and triceps and weights and plates abs. The chin ups and pull ups are hard. I am struggling with them myself. I hope your ankle is doing better.

This morning was STS disc 3 Legs. This is the first time that I have done this workout and my lower back didn't feel like it was going to go out on me. I guess it is getting stronger. Then I finished up the housework by getting all the laundry and vacuuming done. It is another rainy day here at least yesterday was nice.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Cheryl

Hubby took me out today. We listened to a group of people play Uks. It was very interesting. Joe (my hubby) is thinking about joining them. Maybe. I hope he does. Today was Cardio Yoga.

Cheryl, Great job on STS disc 3 legs. Yay, for your back getting stronger. And for doing housework.

Pam, Great job on STS disc 9 back and triceps. LOL chin-up and pull ups are so HARD! And for doing the W&P abs.

Julie, Great job on Get Glutes for legs and back. I'm excited about your recovery week too. It is so needed.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Cheryl Well I can't find the toys anymore and I'm not sure that Fritz can, but this morning I woke up to him playing with all of my hair bands on the bed. Apparently he got up on my bathroom counter and got them and brought them in. Great job on Disc 3. How great that your lower back is so much stronger!

Janie I love listening to ukes. That is great that Joey is thinking about joining,I hope he does. I have some good friends that play ukes and get together to jam and they love it.

My foot was feeling quite a bit better yesterday so I did Athletic step and the cardio only premix of circuit blast. It was a beautiful day here and my DH left for a business trip in the morning, so I went to an outlet mall and spent the day shopping. I haven't done that in awhile and I had a lot of fun. I also got a lot of goodies :) This morning I did step blast because I was inspired by Cheryl on that one. This afternoon my girlfriend and I went on a 20 mile bike ride on a really nice trail because it was almost 70 degrees. I loved it and need to get out on that bike more often. And now here we are at Sunday night already, sigh... Have a great evening!

Pam

Another super-fast weekend. Saturday I started my recovery week off with ICE CUB + MM Chest & Shoulders. It was the perfect intensity the entire time. When I was done, I didn’t feel worn out or exhausted at all but felt like I got decent work in for my time spent. After that, we had some errands to run and then I did some things around the house. Sunday I did ICE CLB + MM Back & Tris. That one was a little tougher and I was actually exhausted and worn out when it was over. Not sure if it was the leg work or the MM work. I spent the rest of the day being lazy to try to make up for it. This morning my legs are a little sore but nothing bad. I am still passing the toilet test with a solid A.

Pam Great job on disc 9 + Abs W&P! Good to hear about your ankle. Great job on AS + CB cardio only! Sounds like you had a great day shopping. I haven’t been to an outlet mall in years. Great job on SB! Wow and then a 20 mile bike ride! You are a trouper with all of that.

Cheryl Great job on disc 3! That is great that your lower back is doing better and feeling stronger.

Janie Great job on Cardio Yoga! That sounds like fun listening to Uks! I hope he joins them too. I bet he would have so much fun!

Have a great day!

Julie I hear you on the super fast weekend. How does that happen?! Great job on ICE CUB+MM. I have tried that one yet or the CLB. Great job on CLB + MM too. Glad to hear that you are not failing the toilet test today!

This morning I did Low Impact Challenge from the LI series. I have only done that one a couple of times ever and didn't really remember it at all, but it was fun and not too intense. Have a great day!

Pam

Janie good job on cardio yoga. I think Joey would have fun joining them.

Pam that is so funny that Fritz is now playing with your hair bands. It is amazing what they can find to amuse themselves. I am glad that your foot is feeling better. Good work on Athletic Step and cardio only of Circuit Blast. I haven't gone shopping for a long time nice for you to get yourself lots of goodies :cool:. Good for you in doing Step Blast and going for a 20 mile bike ride.

Julie Way to go on ICE CUB + MM Chest and Shoulders and CLB + MM Back and Tris. I found the MM tired me out the most. Happy that you are passing the toilet test :D.

Pam good job on Low Impact Challenge.

So Saturday I did AOLIH and STS Yoga Abs. Then we had to go out and look for another laptop for me. The one I had was really old and it wasn't working very well anymore. So I just picked it up this morning after they got it all set up for me. It is so much faster than my old one but now I have to get all of the stuff set up on it that I want and I need to get used to this new keyboard. Not everything is in the same place as my old one. This morning I did STS disc 4 Chest Shoulders and Biceps. I am definitely getting stronger on the push ups though. Then because it wasn't raining out I went for a long walk. Taking advantage of no rain.

Cheryl

Last night I did ICE Metabolic Total Body. That one was harder than I thought it would be. More so because again some of the exercises just seemed awkward. I have balance issues to begin with so throw an overhead triceps extension in with a lunge and I am wobbling all over the place. Probably speaks to me needing to do this more often to build functional strength.

Pam Great job on LIS LIC! I think I tried that one once and got frustrated so stopped about halfway through. It was probably one of those days when I didn’t want to have to think about my workout and couldn’t focus on getting the moves. Makes it hard to want to try it again too.

Cheryl Great job on AOLIH + yoga abs! I need a new laptop too but I keep putting it off. I did move all my files to an external hard drive in anticipation of it dying on me. Great job on disc 4! Glad you got a walk in too.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job oN AOLIH and STS Yoga abs. I love/hate getting a new laptop. It is so much nicer when they are so much faster, but it's a pain getting everything installed and set up again. The keyboard changes are really hard to get used to! Great job on STS disc 4, you are halfway through the crazy pushups! And a long walk too!

Julie Great job on ICE Metabolic Total Body. Yep, when I was doing LIS LIC I kept thinking that I would like it more if I knew it, but I'm not sure I want to keep doing it enough to learn it.

This morning was RWH LI Hiit 1&2+core 1. I like the LI Hiit in that series much better than the plyo Hiit. I don't mind Plyo Hiit 2 so much, but I don't like all the burpees in number 1. Have a great day everyone!

Pam

Julie Good work on ICE Metabolic Total Body. There are a lot of compound exercises in that one so it can be a bit awkward until you get used to the moves.

Pam Way to go on RWH LI Hiit 1&2 and core 1.

So this morning was RWH Plyo Hiit 1 and STS weights and plates abs. I am with you Pam on liking the LI workouts more than the plyo ones but I knew I needed to do them more. Oh man but there were a lot of burpees in that one. I especially don't like the one armed ones. After that I went to get my hair trimmed and more highlights put in. I am not ready to go grey just yet :D.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.