Strength in Numbers

Had another day of drawing and a yoga. I missed my walk on the beach and it was glorious out today. Tomorrow for sure, hopefully the weather will stay nice.

Janie

Janie OK, Whew, I thought you were talking about technical issues, so that is a relief. Cathe's site seems to be having a lot of problems lately, so hopefully they are getting them fixed. It's weird that it would work differently from one group to another though. :confused: OMG, TV is like a sleeping pill for me. I can hardly ever stay awake when I watch TV.

This morning was disc 32 plyo legs. This is the week with no 1/2 turn jumps so I was happy about that. She does still get you with the 1-legged burpees, but at least there is only one round of them. Have a great day!

Pam

Darn work getting in the way of me posting these last few days. Tuesday night I did a Get Glutes inspired strength workout, just 2 sets of deadlift, bench press, squat, back row, and hip thrust. Wednesday I did the cardio only from 4DS Kickbox. That has to be one of my favorites. It flew by and I was done before I knew it.

Janie That is an amazing drawing! I think it looks so realistic and you are not even done. I am so sorry about causing confusion on what you were having troubles with. I thought it was the group but so glad it is the technical issues. Well not glad that you are having problems but glad it is not this group. I saw a post from Cathe on FB that they are redoing the forum in a few weeks so maybe that will make a difference. Hopefully doesn’t make it worse. Great job on yoga! Hope you still have wonderful weather to get your walk in.

Pam Great job on 40/20 and pilates abs! Yes it was stressful trying to keep Maggie and Sweetheart separated. Maggie did not want to move most of the weekend which is not good for her arthritis. I am sorry I caused confusion in my post to Janie. I am glad that it is cleared up now. Great job on disc 32. Those 1-legged burpees are crazy but I think I would pick those over ½ turn jumps!

Have a great day!

Janie I hate it when work keeps you from posting. You have been really busy for a long time now! I hope it will get better soon. Great job on your strength workout and 4DS KB. I am not a big kickboxing fan but I do really like that one too. Poor Maggie, I'm sure she was really relieved to get home. No apologies required with the question, I'm with you, I'm glad it isn't us :D I'm also with you on the 1-legged burpees over the 1/2 turn jumps.

So last night I decided to go try out a camp gladiator session. It was interesting. Outside in a field with everyone just kind've lined up. It was a good workout, but not really for me. First of all, they made you partner up with someone which I don't really enjoy. That is the introvert in me coming out. :D But the thing I mostly didn't like was the field with the long weeds and all of the bugs. Every time I needed to use my towel I had to shake all of the bugs off of it. But I went once, so I got my $6 out of it. Then this morning was MMA Fusion. I almost subbed something else instead, but I like this MMA better than the other 2, so I went ahead with it. Of course I thought about Julie during the turtle spins! I was also supposed to do the heavy bag bonus, but instead I did 2 rounds of tabatacise. Happy Thursday!

Pam

Last night I did plyo legs disc 26. Ugh 1/2 turn jumps! I made it through but I think the 30 seconds of rest in between exercises helps. :) My butt is so sore today. I don't know if it was doing exercises differently or all the plyo moves but wow! Kind of excited about it! :D

Pam Based on that one experience I don't think I would go back either. I wouldn't enjoy partnering up with a stranger to get sweaty and the bugs would completely gross me out. Bugs are bad enough but then when you are sweaty on top of that! Great job on MMA Fusion and those turtle spins! I need to break that one out one of these days.

Have a great day!

Julie Great job on disc 26 and those stinkin 1/2 turn jumps. I like the 30 seconds rests, but I do get a little impatient with Cathe sometimes when she lets the whole rest go by before she starts explaining the next exercise. :rolleyes: Very cool about your butt DOMS! I hope you are doing ok with the toilet test :p Not only did we have to partner with a stranger, but we had to put our hands on each others sweaty shoulders facing each other while we did leg raises. Ugh, did not enjoy that.

This morning was disc 33 bis, tris and shoulders. Man, the bicep work really gets me! I made it through the whole thing with the weight that was on my workout card though, so I was happy about that. Kinda bummed to be leaving town with just one week left on STS. I'm trying to decide if I should repeat week 3 and then do week 4 when I get back, or just move on to something else. Hmmmm...decisions, decisions. In any case, I leave this evening for New Zealand, so if you don't hear from me, I hope you have a great week!!! I am not looking forward to the 20 1/2 hours of travel time :confused:

Pam

The electrical company turned off our electricity to work on it. Been without power for awhile. We're back and running. Rolly and I did a walk on the beach and believe it or not did yoga already today. Now I can work on my drawing some more. It's getting there, and has been my most challenging one so far. It was suppose to be one of my nieces, but I didn't really have a good picture to go by, and truly does not look like her. So, I now say her spirit is guiding me. LOL
Again, Cathe sight is not working for me and can't bring your buttons to turn on so I can post an answer or talk with you. I see you guys though just fine. Hopefully it will work next time. I see everyone is doing well. GOOD!

Here is more progress on my drawing "Passing Through" I can't wait to get it done.
410020916.jpg

Janie

Last edited:
Yoga this morning and planning on a walk to the beach later.

A little tweaking here and there, but it's done. "Passing Through" done in pencil and ink 14" X 17".

Janie

Janie Oh my, I hope you weren't without power for too long! I'm glad that you are up and running again. Great job on your walk on the beach and yoga! I think your drawing is really really cool. Such a unique idea and it turned out just beautifully! I'm sorry you are having such problems with the Cathe site, hopefully they will get it straightened out. Great job on another day or yoga too!

My flights were pretty smooth and uneventful. I didn't sleep very much on my long flight, only about 2-3 hours, but I managed to stay awake all day after arriving at 5:30 in the morning. I did crash around 6:30 last night though. We spent the day yesterday walking around Auckland. It really is a small place, I think we did about 3 complete loops of the downtown area. The weather was really crazy. It would be rainy and super windy for like 10 minutes and then be nice again. It was like that all day long. This morning I got up and did travel fit which helped me to get my blood flowing. It's strange that my Monday is almost over and it is still Sunday night at home. I hope you have a great Monday!

Pam

Friday I decided to do Cycle Max Express premix. I haven’t done spinning in so long I missed it. Friday morning was Super Cuts followed by running errands and doing chores. Sunday I did a strength workout and then was lazy the rest of the day. Hate to be a complainer but Monday is here again already.

Pam Great job on disc 33 before you left for NZ! That is a toughie on what to do when you get back. I would almost say repeat week 3 and then do week 4. Good for you staying up to try to get on the new time zone schedule. Is this your first time in NZ? I have heard it is beautiful there. Great job on Travel Fit! Well I guess if you are a day ahead of us, your week should fly by!

Janie Great job on yoga! Love the drawing! I like that you showed it to us in stages. That was really neat seeing your process in action. Hope it has cooled down for you. We are getting our Fall weather early this year it looks like. Friday and Saturday was in the 60s.

Have a great day!

Started a new more aggressive regime of exercising. Starting with Cathe Yoga tonight and a beach walk. Have it on paper, so for 2 weeks for sure I'll be busy getting my body in better shape. Will continue like that until I feel stronger and do harder workouts with her. I'm thinking by Thanksgiving I'll be able to do intermediate (hopefully some of the new DVD's Cathe might have out), then hopefully by New Years get down and SWEATY from there on. Don't want any more injuries, they suck. sigh

Still the post thing is not working for me. Again I saw your posts and you all look like you are doing well. Continue on and work work work your body.

Janie

Julie Great job on CM express! I haven't done spinning in a long time either. I need to put that on my list for an active recovery week. Great job on SC and your strength workout too! I've been leaning toward repeating week 3 ad then doing week 4. The timing would work out good because I am home for 2 weeks and then we are going on vacation for a week, so I can start a new rotation when we get back. I have not been here before. Sofar it hasn't been very exciting from a site seeing standpoint because the weather has been terrible. I'm hoping to get some done Friday afternoon before my flight, but it is supposed to rain that day too :confused:

Janie Great job on yoga and your beach walk! Good for you with you commitment to your target. Speaking of the new dvds, I wonder when we will be getting them. I haven't seen anything about filming at all, have you? I was hoping that would be here when I finished this STS rotation. I agree, injuries suck and I hope we are all done with them. Sorry the posts are still not working for you :mad: but glad we are still hearing from you!

The good thing about jet lag and waking up super early is that I'm getting some workouts in :D The nice things about the hotel rooms in Asia is that they are usually big enough for me to workout in. This morning I did Tabatacise and core 1. That core work was really hard this time, I think I need to be doing this one more often. I have been doing the ab circuits and core maxs lately too, so I wasn't expecting that. I hope you all had a great Monday, it's Tuesday morning for me :)

Pam

Today the "reply post" is working and that's good. I was upset and decided to tell SNM about it. This is what they (SNM) said. Interesting response.

icon1.gif
Forum Red Button I've never used the red button, so I'm not very familiar. We're replacing the forums shortly, so it's not something we can look into as this software will be replaced within a few weeks. My only suggestion is to make sure your using the latest version of your browser.

Did yoga and walked the beach quickly (kinda sorta) with Rolly. One day down, and others for as long as I can. I'm feeling while walking on the beach lately, well, older. I feel it in my body. I'm using my body up, it happens. I guess at 63 would be feeling it by now.

Pam, I haven't heard anything about the DVD's at all. Hmmmmmm. Great job on Tabatacise and core 1. For me I need leg and ab work. LOL I forget you are in our future. Cool! What's it like being one day ahead? Now if you can only tell us how we can win money. I'd share it with you! LOL!

Take care Pam,

Jaine

Janie I'm glad that the reply button was working for you, it's strange that SNM didn't know what you were talking about. I hope that the new version of the forum is improved! Great job on your yoga and beach walk. How do you kinda sorta walk the beach? Oh errr, I know what you mean about feeling things in your body. I hate that though! :(
Hehehehe, I wish we did get the winning lottery numbers a day early while I was here. Then I could come home and retire :D

Since my body seems to want to be up by 5 every day here I have been getting in my workouts. I did KPC this morning, without the core since I had no stability ball or dumb bells. That's ok though since I did core yesterday. Last night after work I went up into the tower in the center of the city and had a beautiful view of the city. Then I stopped at a little restaurant and had the most amazing lamb dinner. They said that there are an average of 70-80 sheep per person on this island, so lamb is the thing to eat here. Tonight we are going to have some of their famous grass fed beef. I guess it's a good thing I'm getting my workouts in. :D Have a great day!

Pam

Played guitar, walked the beach went to UFO group and played more guitar. I brought over my dirty dinner dishes to clean since it was unfinished object that needed to be done. No, I really did, but it was just for a joke. It was Joe's idea. LOL! This group is so much fun.

Pam, I kinda sorta walk fast on the beach. LOL! I wanted to walk fast for the entire time, no such luck. Great job on this mornings KPC without the core. MMMMMm the lamb dinner sounds so delicious and view at the tower must have been breath taking. Enjoy the meal tonight of grass fed beef.

Take care,

Janie

Last night I did a strength workout with heavy squats, rows, hip thrusts, back extensions, and dips. Then DH and I took the dogs for a very short walk. My poor Maggie is getting so old she just can’t go far anymore.

Janie Great job on yoga and your beach walk! I find that if I have something on paper I stick to it better too. I am very interested to see what the new forum is going to look like and how to use it. Can only hope it is better like they say. Great job on yoga and your kinda sorta quick walk on the beach. Love that you took your dishes to your UFO group. I bet they got a good laugh at that.

Pam Great job on Tabatacise and core 1! That is nice that the rooms are big enough to get your workouts in. Great job on KPC! That is a lot of sheep per person for what looks like such a small country. I love going up in this tall towers and getting a big bird’s eye view of the city. I hope you can get some more sightseeing in.

Have a great day!

Janie Great job on playing guitar and walking in the beach. That is so funny that you took your dirty dishes to your UFO group. I bet that all got a real laugh out of that. :p

Julie Great job on your strength workout and your dog walking!

This morning was cardio kicks. That one was a little tougher in the hotel room because there is a lot of moving around the room, so I had to make some modifications for that. Then I did XTrain core 2. Last night dinner was a really fun steak place. The steaks are all out, you get a plate, pick up the steak that you want and then take it to the guy on the grill and tell him how you want it cooked. They were all HUGE steaks, but really good. Tonight one of the guys in the class is taking us to a place in the suburbs for lamb. I am looking forward to heading home tomorrow though!!

Pam

Walked the beach with intermittent fast walking with Rolly. Internet was so slow couldn't get on it without having to wait literally an hour or so if it didn't expire first. Sigh and ugh. Will do a full body workout tonight, if I have time. Lot's going on today.

Well read your posts and everyone seems they are doing really well. Can't wait for Cathe site to do their thing and allow me to post correctly.

Love you guys and take care,

Janie

Wednesday night I did the cardio conditioning premix from KPC. Last night was Cardio Leg Blast. Let’s see how my legs and bum are doing later today. Hopefully I will not fail the toilet test.

Pam Great job on Cardio Kicks + core 2! That one does move around and require a big space but it is fun and sweaty! Safe travels home! I guess the nice thing about traveling back in time is that when you get home you still have your whole weekend in front of you.

Janie Great job on your beach walk! I can’t seem to remember when the new forum is coming but I want to say next week. Hope it works better for you.

Have a great day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.