Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

[

Cupcake, yes, that Susan Harris work is dated but would still be good. Thinking leg warmers :) Dated does not make it less affective. I liked the PHA Firm workouts a lot. I can't remember which number they were. I really liked all of the first probably 6 or 7. I paid so much for those workouts on VHS tape. Later I got a couple of newer ones and they just were not the same to me.

QUOTE]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi
I think those were the Cross Trainers... Firm cardio and Firm Strength.
My fave was Firm Strength with Pam Cauthen. I have her Jiggle Free Buns and I really like her. She's calm and soothing.
Among the recent ones Rebecca Sturkie is my favourite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cupcake, that is the ones. I liked Firm Strength the best too. It was a really good workout and she is very motivating.

Belinda, that is good that they won't give you a problem with returning it. I always keep my original packaging and receipts just in case I need to return things.

Hello all. I'm finally back. Just a quick update. Went down to Florida and did get my MIL's house cleaned out and we have it on the market. It was a nightmare. She has been getting worse with her dementia since the move into the assisted living facility. She has fallen multiple times. She broke her shoulder during a fall this week and is currently in the hospital. My BIL's terminal cancer has now confined him to a wheelchair for the rest of his life. My husband and his other brother are now POAs for her.

Two days after I got back from Florida, my dad passed away. I've been living with my mother for the last month. She is legally blind and diabetic. She finally got out of the wheelchair and back to a walker after her hip surgery/femur break. I settled the estate and have been teaching her daily living skills. I've modified the house where needed so she can use. I'll be going once a week to take care of her groceries, doctors, meds, etc. I've assumed POA for her.

I have to try to get back into the clean eating and exercise groove. First I have to rest a couple of days at home. I have been gone for over 1.5 months now. My husband and I have never been apart like this.

I hope everyone has been doing well.

Laura, I am glad to see you back. I am so sorry about the loss of your Dad and all that you have been going through. You have to be very strong to handle so much all at once. I was wondering what happened since you said you would be back in September. That is good that your mother has graduated to a walker. Is the pain better after that surgery? What a terrible experience for her and all that she has gone through.

Rest Day today for me. Some stretching in a bit. That will be it for me. We had family brunch and a final swim day at my daughters before they get ready to close their pool for the winter.

Laura- good to see you back. So sorry to hear of your father. Take your time!

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

This morning I did Iso speed hammer. Its short so I ended up chaptering back and doing a second round. This was a little tricky to get the weights right. I have lots of notes on my sheet!

Thank you. My mother's pain is much better now. They did a new series of X-rays before I left and the bone is healing very well. Her pain is up and down. She is having in house PT. The PT is really basic moves, but it just completely wipes her out. Also, there is of course some depression as well.

I'm hoping that by the end of the week, I'll be able to get back on board. Our lives have just been completely shaken up.

Today was workout B which I altered a bit. I did not want to do pull ups because last week it made my shoulder hurt. I subbed wide double arm rows. Workout was Ice Total Body Metabolic premix blizzard blast, 23 minutes,163 calories. This plan is supposed to have metabolic workouts added in and some foam rolling. I thought maybe the blizzard blasts would be good for this. Amy Bento Slo Mo Challenge 2 with the addition of the rows at the beginning and the skull crushers from biceps and triceps. Weight work was 81 minutes, 392 calories. I finished off with Suzanne Bowen Barre Amped Power Stretch. Total calories today was 606.
Workout B
W/up, then paused to add 3 sets of 8 reps double arm wide rows
wobble hack squats (heels elevated on edge of risers) 8 reps 17.5's 3 sets
1 arm pull over on stability ball 15# 8 reps 3 sets the count changes on the 3rd set
cradle side lunge 40# barbell 8 reps 4/4 count first 4 reps then the 4/ 2 hold 2 2 sets right and left
seated row Amy uses a barbell with a green band wrapped around one end of it so you really have to stretch the length of the bar and your legs 2 sets 8 reps with the pause hold she does in the other exercises I did it this way today. Last week I tried wrapping around my fet and grasping closer with tubing. I flipped off and smacked me in the lip. So, I decided not to d o it again.
single leg rock up squats with a stability ball and 15# dumbbell 3 sets 8 reps some with the pause hold
standing reverse fly with external rotation 8's 8 reps 3 sets
chest around the world 8# pair start on hip face down rotate out to sides as in a fly and bring up overhead as in a pull over and back to start, 3 sets
standing concentration curl 40 # barbell 3 sets 8 reps I would call this a contraction concentration curl
decline triceps dips 3 sets bodyweight stop here and go to

Laura, I can understand the depression after all she has been trough. Does she have friends or anyone around for company when you cannot be there?
chapters menu triceps scull crusher (French press) on an incline step 20# 8 reps
Core -standing circle 8# , standing clamshell 8#, standing relay 8's, seated sit and levitation tucks, run around step and down to forearms and back up right and left, barbell rollout 40# 2 sets, plank jump in
stretch

Hey girls,

Today I did Leah Sarago - Lower Body Extreme Elongation and 3. XTRAIN - All Out Low Impact Hiit - Premixes:
#3 Low Impact HiiT + Burn Set Chest + Core #1 - 63:32.

Laura - wow, you have a lot on your plate (((HUGS)) Hang in there, girl!

Diane Sue and Cupcake great job today.

I am in a hurry, need to get ready to take Brawler to his therapy. BBL!

Belinda, good job on the premixes.

Doreen, I never felt the chisel workouts were long enough. I added the Glute Chisel and Leg Hammer to the workouts quite often.

Belinda-good luck -93 minutes is a long time to workout!

Since I've been stalking Amy Bento's FB page I saw she made a comment about another series she did Cardio Karate. And I YT'd for a clip and found a video of the entire disc. So I did Cardio Complexes this morning. Way different than any kickbox video I've ever done. Still deciding what I think of it.

Hello all, I will be away again for awhile. My BIL passed away this afternoon. Please keep us in your prayers.

Thank you.

Laura, I am so sorry. My heart goes out to you and the family. I will be praying for you.

Today I did Amy Bento Hi/Lo Knockout. At first I did not intend to do all of it, but I was having so much fun I kept going. I always loved this one. The workout with abs was 86 minutes and calories burned 675. I then did Z Cut power yoga crescent and warriors series with the cool down, 18 minutes, 65 calories. 6, 587 steps this morning. I may make the 10,000 today.

Doreen, I remember Amy doing the Cardio Karate series. I think those were with other instructors much like the Urban Rebounding URX ?? I never purchased those. Amy does do some different stuff. I find it kind of refreshing though. She does some nice stretches on a lot of her workouts that I like too.

Hello all, I will be away again for awhile. My BIL passed away this afternoon. Please keep us in your prayers.

Thank you.

Laura - my heart goes out to you and your family :( My thoughts & prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time (((HUGS))

Good afternoon,

I did my workouts this morning, just getting around to post. Been cleaning all day :)

I did 2. Rock'n & Sock'n Kickboxing: Basic Premixes: #5 Warm Up + Main Routine + Blizzard Blast + Icy Core 1 + Stretch - 73:00 and Karen Voight Get Firm Fast = 30 min.

Diane Sue - wtg, today. I need to pull out Amy next week. Will you preorder her new step workout?

Doreen - you probably can find the entire series Cardio Karate on YT :) They are selling the set very cheap on Amazon. I don't think that was a big seller.

I will be back tomorrow. Have a great evening.

Belinda-you are exactly right. I found about 6 of them-various instructors, on YT. I saved to a playlist to try later.[emoji38]

I did Chisel endurance this morning and then did one round of Chisel cardio to make it about 45 minutes. Chisel cardio is more metabolic than cardio IMO but still a good workout.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.