Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

This morning I did ASC 3. I guess I still need some work in this one on combo 4!! I keep checking Amy's website for the preorder of the step she just filmed too!

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Today I worked on Amy's Step Challenge 5 again doing the warm up and combos 1 and 2,32 minutes, 230 calories. I then did Ripped with Hiit Plyo Hit 1, 27 minutes, 182 calories. For flexibility which was on my plan for today I did Kettlebody By Brook, Yoga Burn, 27 minutes 96 calories and finished of with Suzanne Bowen Bar Amped Upper body stretch. Yoga Burn is killer on the arms and especially the triceps because there are lots of slow triceps push ups and holds at the bottom. My shoulders are sore. I do not think I will be doing the pull ups twice next week which iws what I have scheduled. I will have to see how I feel after this weekend. Total time was 98 minutes and calories burned 523. So I did a bit better at getting the heart rate up doing Amy's workout this time. Soooo many spins off and on the step. I don't think any of them have had that many.

Doreen, I think she said something about launching her new site soon along with the information for the new workout. I keep watching too.

So the library cancelled my ICE request... Boohoo. But I did get low impact challenge from my request today and requested several of Amy Bento kickbox that I've never tried.

I also browsed the shelves of my library while I was there.... why so many yoga?! That's all that was on the shelves! Is is really that popular?

Doreen it is the same here. Either yoga or stuff like Richard Simmons. I like Amy's kickbox. I think her choreography is a bit easier to follow off the step.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

This morning I did Chisel agility for one round. When she said "ok now we'll take it from the top" I thought "meh" and put in ASC 3 again from yesterday and worked on combo 4 and 5 and did the power-ups. Way better cardio.

I think though I could use Agility as a add on to a weight workout - just run through it once as a cardio finisher of sorts.

Last edited:
Hey girls,

I walked 5 miles this morning. I didn't have a Fitbit for the last 2 day's,:( It's broke! I went to Costco in DC last night and bought a FitBit Alta :) Love my new fitbit.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me. I have to take my dog to therapy today. BBL!

Today I did workout A again from my rotation. It took a bit longer at 93 minutes. This included the bonus stability ball abs. I also did Suzanne Bowen Barre Amped Lower body stretch. Calories burned was 511.
Workout today went like this
Lower Body Blast warm up then lunge pick up and split jumps,
load Slow and Heavy, and went ahead and did 3 sets of reverse lunge off of step with 15's
Slow and Heavy
back- dumbbell rows 1 set 25's 2 sets 20's
deadlifts 35's 8 reps 1 set; 20s 2 sets 8 reps
shoulders- overhead press, 15's 2 sets 8 reps
Butts and Guts
firewalkers
sit and stand 40# 10 reps
leg press 25 x 16 reps; 20# x 16 reps
stability ball glute squeeze
ball outer thigh 5# ankle weights
ball roll in and tucks
Ankle weights + step platform 5# ankle weights
hip raise with 5# ankle weights and 1 8# dumbbell on hip
inner thigh 5# ankle weight
all fours leg lifts, pizza press, modified hydrant 5# ankle weights

Doreen, Step Challenge 3 is much more fun than Chisel agility. I do not enjoy drill calls on workouts so it was always a relief to get through that workout.

Belinda, how did your Fit Bit Break? I guess it is a good excuse to get a new one. I paid for an extended warranty through Amazon for my Blaze. They just had an upgrade that I think had a lot of stuff to affect your new one. IT gave me some new watch faces which is fun. It also changed my exercises so I had to go back and put a couple back in. I will never do it at bed time again though. It said could take 10 minutes and it took it over an hour.

Hello Everybody!
Had no time but managed the standing portion of Volume 1 The Firm. Still my favourite. Got a Susan Harris girl crush even from the start. Still an awesome workout! Had to go with friends to Niagara Falls at a Spa for a pals bday.
Got a massage. I asked what was the popping noise and was told its Lactic Acid build up. She found every single pocket. My upper back feels so good now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today I did workout A again from my rotation. It took a bit longer at 93 minutes. This included the bonus stability ball abs. I also did Suzanne Bowen Barre Amped Lower body stretch. Calories burned was 511.
Workout today went like this
Lower Body Blast warm up then lunge pick up and split jumps,
load Slow and Heavy, and went ahead and did 3 sets of reverse lunge off of step with 15's
Slow and Heavy
back- dumbbell rows 1 set 25's 2 sets 20's
deadlifts 35's 8 reps 1 set; 20s 2 sets 8 reps
shoulders- overhead press, 15's 2 sets 8 reps
Butts and Guts
firewalkers
sit and stand 40# 10 reps
leg press 25 x 16 reps; 20# x 16 reps
stability ball glute squeeze
ball outer thigh 5# ankle weights
ball roll in and tucks
Ankle weights + step platform 5# ankle weights
hip raise with 5# ankle weights and 1 8# dumbbell on hip
inner thigh 5# ankle weight
all fours leg lifts, pizza press, modified hydrant 5# ankle weights

Doreen, Step Challenge 3 is much more fun than Chisel agility. I do not enjoy drill calls on workouts so it was always a relief to get through that workout.

Belinda, how did your Fit Bit Break? I guess it is a good excuse to get a new one. I paid for an extended warranty through Amazon for my Blaze. They just had an upgrade that I think had a lot of stuff to affect your new one. IT gave me some new watch faces which is fun. It also changed my exercises so I had to go back and put a couple back in. I will never do it at bed time again though. It said could take 10 minutes and it took it over an hour.

Diane Sue - it just stopped charging :( We tried everything. I didn't had my fitbit very long, just a few month. It's my 3rd fitbit already. I am not very lucky with them.

Cupcake, I loved that workout with Susan Harris. It sounds like you had a nice time with friends.

Belinda, I hope my Fit Bit Blaze lasts longer than that. It was not cheap. I purchased a tempered glass screen protector for it. I also bought a charger from Amazon that does not require me to take the watch out of the frame and hook it to my computer to charge. It sort of worries me, snapping it in and out of the frame all of the time. You have to line the buttons when you do that. I have a leather band in my cart on Amazon that has the frame that I would like to get for when I wear it out places like church. My band is purple. They have a new band style on Fit Bit for it now that is a bit narrower. It just widens at the point of contact with the frame. Did you try talking to them at Fit Bit?

Diane Sue. I went on Amazon looking at silver bands :) I didn't call FitBit or took it to a store in. Tried to get some help with my last one, they told me to go back where I bought it and get a new one. I bought mine at Costco, I will bring it back since it didn't lasted a year. Costco had the Blaze too. I wrist is small, it looked huge on me.

[emoji4] Yes! Fun weekend. I love Volume 1. It just works. It's efficient and for some reason it gives that slim look that is more balanced. I don't want the bigger upper body look.

Ah- Susan Harris is another instructor I've not heard of! I'll have to check for a preview.

This morning I did max Hammer Strength. Loved it. This one gets a star in my calendar. At 8 reps I did 30s for most exercises except rows which I did 40.

Updating a couple hours later: I forgot I also did the deluxe workout Power Chisel..... and I'm really feeling my abs and triceps!

I was playing with the DVD after I finished and there is some hidden chaptering on the disc. I think the next time I do Max Hammer Strength I'm going to chapter back on some exercises (squats, deadlifts) and do those sections again. I feel that one set on big muscles is never enough to hit them hard. I'm also thinking that I may sub out barbel for dumbells on this. I can put more weight on my back for 8 reps than I can hold in DBs.

Last edited:
Lol oh it's a very old dated workout. It just resonates with me cuz I love the Sexy Susan Harris presentation plus the fact that the damn workout just slims me down properly.
A lot of people have negative comments about this workout but it also had quite a following.

Today's workout was a mixture. I wanted a bit of kettle bell cardio because that is in my original rotation that I had made. I did Kettle Body By Brook Cardio Kettle bell 24 minutes, 167 calories. I used a 15 # kettle bell for most of it but I had a 10 handy for the swings she does up to the side when in a lunge position and a couple of overhead fast moves. She uses a 10# GoFit kettle bell. I did not go on to the cool down and stretch with this workout. I then id Amy Bento's Advanced Step Challenge 3, combos 1,2,1&2,3, and power up, then the cool down and the stretch. This was 64 minutes and I burned 481 calories. I then did Abs #1 off of the same workout with the kettle bell, 15 minutes, 53 calories. I forgot how much I liked the abs on this workouts. Abs #2 is done with tubing. I used a 15 for most of it and the crunch to overhead press on the step a 20#. I finished off with Suzanne Barre Strengthen and Stretch relaxation stretch 15 minutes. There was plenty of stretching on Amy's workout though. I believe it is around 14 minutes of stretching and there is also a stretch on the abs workout. She usually does pretty good stretches. This one used the step standing and a towel on the floor. Total calories today was 726.

Cupcake, yes, that Susan Harris work is dated but would still be good. Thinking leg warmers :) Dated does not make it less affective. I liked the PHA Firm workouts a lot. I can't remember which number they were. I really liked all of the first probably 6 or 7. I paid so much for those workouts on VHS tape. Later I got a couple of newer ones and they just were not the same to me.

Doreen, I think a barbell is much easier to get in the extra weight for deadlifts. So many women seem to prefer using dumbbells for everything. I kind of miss the barbell sometimes.

Belinda, I do not mind my Blaze being big. I wanted to be able to look at it and read it at a glance. I would like one of the narrower bands though. It gets sweaty. Hopefully you can get help with your other one since you did not have it that long. I had read that Fit Bit is not very good about helping with problems with their product if you did not purchase directly from them.

Hi girls,

Today I did XTRAIN - Bic & Tri: Premix 14 Timesaver (Rounds 4-9) + Core #2 (47:58) and a 4 mile walk.

Diane Sue - I almost bought the Blaze too. Saw how sleek the other one was and really like it. I will return it to Costco, they will not give me any crap :)

Good night ladies.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.