Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Hey girls,

Spent the weekend in DC with my kids. Just came home, will get my workout in shortly. I will be back to report what I did and for personals.

Quick check in: I am done with XTrain - Chest, Back & Shoulder premix #8 Timesaver (Rounds 1- 6) + Core #1 = 51.01 min and XTrain All Out Low Impact HiiT premix #14 Double Step Cardio = 30:11 min.

I have to get ready for dog therapy. I will catch up later.

Today I did the workout mix that I had mentioned. So, today was workout A. This one hits some back and lots of glutes and the back of the legs along with abs. I will be doing this one again Friday and Wednesday I have a different one that is pretty much all from Amy Bento's Slo Mo but has the addition of some French press for the triceps. That one will get more of the quad area. It will have other upper body work in it.
The workout went like this: (all from Cathe) 85 minutes, 340 calories. I really felt the calories should have been more but with things like weights the Fit Bit measures only heart rate. I do find by the end of the day I still average a good amount of calories so I guess the metabolism has risen enough to make it pretty even.
Lower Body Blast
warm up
front lunge pick up 10#
split jump
8# high step adding 3 sets of reverse lunge off of the step with 15's while Slow and Heavy loads
Slow and Heavy back
Dumbbell Row 8 reps 3 sets 30's; 25's 25's (this is so much harder than 1 arm at a time)
Deadlift 8 reps 3 sets 30's
Cathe's Butts and Guts using the mix and match menu throughout
firewalkers using the blue firewalker band
bonus lower body
sit and stand 45# barbell 10 reps
leg press 2 sets high step with 5 risers 20# 16 reps
stability ball glute squeeze prone
Lower Body floorwork -ankle weight work I used 5#dumbbell and then for the ankle weight segment 5# ankle weights.
Core with 5# ankle weights and 5# and 8# dumbbells
Stretch

Belinda, nice work finishing X Train :)

No workout today. I had two of my grandchildren here over night. My 18 year old grandson came over and we took my dog for a walk. It had rained last night and at noon today and felt nice outside when we went for the walk. I got lots of floors on my Fit Bit Blaze going up and down to check on my 2 year old grandson. He is good about checking everything out.

Doreen, I need to work on the 5th workout. I set it out as a reminder. I have found Amy's workouts to be quite fun once I learn the choreography. I think I bookmarked the address for Amy's new site. I keep seeing her practice pictures on facebook. She said they were working on it in her house so they could make sure it was doable in an at home setting with limited space. I know some of her older hi lo workouts seemed to take me to the corners of the room. I think I would just like to make my own rotation with Hammer and Chisel doing all of my favorites and skipping the not so favorites. I think you will like at least a couple of the Hammer workouts. You purchased used ones, right? Did they include the deluxe workouts that use the med ball?

Belinda, I bet you did get a great step count with two step workouts. It seems step workouts work better for steps that something like kickboxing. Of course cycling won't count steps. I forgot to put my calories in my Fit Bit Last night. That is one thing I am not liking so much with my Blaze is being able to go back to the day before and adjust the calories if I forget to do it the night before. I just enter the total all at once . Trying to create my own meals and food lists is too time consuming when I have all of that in My Fitness Pal.

Diane Sue - I had no idea you couldn't go back to the day before with the Blaze. You sure, you can't add the steps in your activities? I only can count steps on my PC not on my iPhone. You can sync you fitbit with My Fitness Pal. I did that with my fitbit

Diane Sue - I am almost done with XTrain, few more workouts. Those are a lot of premixes. As always got job on your workouts.

Belinda, I have not seen a way to change anything on my Fit Bit. I have to go to the app on my phone or tablet to add my calories and water. It will only do it current day though. I had to find that on the community on Fit Bit..I click on the calories after my phone or tablet sinks and thn click on the 123 at the top right and I can add just the calories there. I just cannot do it the next day if I forget. If it sinks with My Fitness Pal does it sink the calories burned for workouts as well? I really do not want it to do that. I sink it with Map My Fitness. Map My Fitness used to put my calories in later in the day and I would have to go back and delete because if I entered specific workouts earlier they were put in two times. That was with my Polar though. I cannot get the Polar app to work with the Fit Bit. I missed putting calories in the Fit Bit App on Saturday so they are not in there. I cannot go back and put it in for that day. Maybe I am missing something and go look it up. You cannot remove water if you push the water button two many times. Not that that is very important. I drink loads of water.

The nice thing about Cathe's later workouts is all of those pre-mixes. It does give you a lot to go through though.

So far I have done Party Rockin Step 1, 54 minutes, 400 calories. I had cardio on my rotation for today. Originally it was supposed to be kettlebell cardio or Hiit. I was so tired and the Party Rockin Step workouts are always a good choice when I feel like that. I think I got even less sleep last night than the 4 hr 39 minutes the Fit Bit gave me the night before. I had to hurry because my husband has someone coming to price some stuff around the house. I still have flexibility work on the schedule so I will do that after he is gone.

Doreen, that is such a fun workout. I step workouts are probably my favorite. Particularly if they have some decent music and choreography.

Diane Sue - I love stepping too! So sad its becoming out of vogue. If you want endless step routines check out the gymbox. Tons of step. Its a little different since they are taught by just one instructor with no backup crew.

This morning the guy that lives with us got up a 4 am... so I had extra workout time while watching him. Hammer power, hammer build up and glute chisel. All very enjoyable and actually a good way to layer a workout!

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Reactions: WD
Hey girls,

Today I did Rock'n & Sock'n Kickboxing - Mish Mash Premix: Scrambled Extreme #2 = 64 min.

Cupcake - it is very overwhelming going through all the premixes.

Diane Sue - there is a way to add all that, just can't remember how I did it. You can call FitBit they will walk you through the problem.

Have a great afternoon, everyone.

I just finished 21 Day Fix Extreme Yoga. I feel so lazy today. I need to get up an move or something. I just do not have any energy left.

Doreen, I think Amy just finished filming her new step workout. I don't know why it is not the thing right now. I am getting a bit tired of burpees and jacks type workouts. Everyone seems to be on some sort of bandwagon when putting their workouts together. How many ways can you do those moves anyway.

Cupcake, it sounds like you do not care for the STS Endurance workouts. Or maybe you are just ready to move on :)

Belinda, after you told me about using My Fitness Pal with the Fit Bit I went and set it up. I saw that you can choose which parts that you want to share. It seemed to work well this morning. I will have to check on how the calorie sync went.

I did RWH Legs this morning with some modifications to keep the cardio lower impact... squat digs on the toes, air squats insead of jump squats, etc. It takes a bit of the intensity out but saves my knees!

I followed with Rwh abs one and two.

Good afternoon,

Workout is done. I did ICE MBTB MishMosh Premixes: Double It + BB #2 Warm Up + Main Routine + Main Routine + Blizzard Blast + Stretch - 97:10. That was one long workout :( I doubt I will ever do that premix again.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me. I have to get ready, I will spent the night in DC/Thursday with Aleisa. Every excited. BBL!

Today I wanted to work on the choreography on Amy Bento Ross Advanced Step Challenge 5 that I have never completed. So,, I did the warm up and combo 1 then came back and finished after my weight workout doing combo 5 which was really short and the stretch. 31 minutes, 149 calories. Not so great but, I was busy losing my footing. Loads of spins and turns off and on the bench. I think this is one of her harder ones, unless it is easier in the middle. Today's weight workout was Workout B. This was pretty much all Amy's Slo Mo premix total body challenge 2 with a couple of additions. It took me 85 minutes but I did have some pauses to write some things down. It should go a bit faster next time.
Workout B
W/up, then paused to add 3 sets of 8 reps assisted pull ups
wobble hack squats (heels elevated on edge of risers) 8 reps 15's 3 sets you get 4 reps of biceps curls with each of these sets as you go
1 arm pull over 15# 8 reps 3 sets 4/4 count first two sets then there is a pause 2 count hold and 2 count return on the final set
cradle side lunge 40# barbell 8 reps 4/4 count first 4 reps then the 4/ 2 hold 2 2 sets right and left
seated row I used my heaviest tubing and grasped low on it Amy uses a barbell with a green band wrapped around one end of it so you really have to stretch the length of the bar and your legs. 2 sets 8 reps with the pause hold she does in the other exercises
single leg rock up squats with a stability ball and 15# dumbbell 3 sets 8 reps some with the pause hold
standing reverse fly with external rotation 8's 8 reps 3 sets
chest around the world 8# pair start on hip face down rotate out to sides as in a fly and bring up overhead as in a pull over and back to start, 3 sets
standing concentration curl 40 # barbell 3 sets 8 reps
decline triceps dips 2 set bodyweight stop here and go to
chapters menu triceps scull crusher (French press) on an incline step 20# 8 reps
Core -standing circle 8# , standing clamshell 8#, standing relay 8's, seated sit and levitation tucks, run around step and down to forearms and back up right and left, barbell rollout 40# 2 sets, plank jump in
stretch

Cupcake, it sounds like you do not care for the STS Endurance workouts. Or maybe you are just ready to move on :)

Hi,

It was only a month but it seemed forever...I hated the bands so much.
But I understood their purpose.

I thought a lot of it was overkill.
It certainly felt like overkill.
It improved my sleep.
I was too DOMSY to do cardio.

I was able to eat a lot more though without gaining weight.

I dreaded Leg day.
I liked having the structure though.

IDK what to do next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Diane Sue- ASC 5 I still am working on as well. There is a move in one of the combos called a hitch hiker that to save my life I cannot figure out!

Cupcake-I too felt like M1 and some of M2 were a bit of overkill-but it works so maybe not overkill?

Are you going to do the active recovery week and the move to M2?

Cupcake, I never took a full recovery week. Sometimes an extra day or I would just do some lighter fun stuff and yoga based stuff for awhile. Usually with another instructor so I would be ready to go back to the next phase. Isn't the last part of the workouts supposed to be bonus moves? I guess that has been awhile for me too. The last few times I did STS I pretty much stuck with meso 2 and 3.

Doreen, did you get the other Advanced Step Challenge workouts down. I used to be able to pop them and run through them easily but is has been awhile. When I had my knee surgery all of the spins and turns hurt so I just left them alone. Now I feel I am ready to go back to them. I am sure I will pick up the ones I know pretty quickly though. So, does that me the entire workout is a lot of tough choreography? It takes a lot to make me give up. I believe it was Step Challenge 3 that took me a long time before the last combo clicked. I just kept trying till suddenly I was ending up where I was supposed to be.

Belinda, that would be a long tough workout. I know just doing the entire workout with the Muscle Meltdown and Blizzard blast is a lot of workout. I really was amazed at all of the jacks in the blizzard blast.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.