Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Hi guys,

Nekea Brown Mix It Up Step And Kickbox and 15 Min Workouts for Dummies are done. I can't remember the last time when I did Nekea Brown Mix It Up Step? I had a lot of trouble with the combos. Now I know why I didn't touch that one in years :) At one point I did the rest without a step, to many turns. I almost took a dive :p

That is it for me today. I almost forgot, yesterday I did LS 5 Mega mile walk + an extra 2 miles.

Jury duty is over for me and I will be back at it in the morning. I am really looking forward to it.

Belinda, more workouts that I do not know. ;) Have you ever tried Anita Champion's workouts on You Tube. I have done some of her rebounder workouts with weight work and they were pretty good.

Doreen, how did your son break his arm? I am sure that did throw a lot of things off this week. Ripped with Hiit Plyo cardio is tough. I want to say the floor one is harder , but then I remember jumping over the step and I am not so sure.

Diane Sue - playing soccer. Pushed from behind he fell forward and landed on the arm.

I did Ultimatuim Purple this evening at the park while my daughter was at practice. Its the kickbox workout in that set and unfortunately it wasn't very good. Probably the one of that set I haven't liked. Lindsi keeps talking about how hard it is but its really not. And the music wasn't working with her rhythm and timing in the combos.

My google drive stopped wanting to play my .mp4s so I was stuck with what I had on the sd drive in my phone while at the park. I had wanted to do Kick Puch and Cruch but that will have to remain on my list to do another week!

Night all!!

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Good morning,

I pulled out a few oldies but goodies today :) I did Fitness Formula Step (VHS):p Yes, I still have some and can't part with them :( I also did Step Reebook Intense Moves with Gin Miller. Gin had a sale 2 years ago, sold most of her dvd's for less than $4 -5 :) I bought a crap load when she had her sale :( It took me 2 years to open that one, lol. I am getting through to all my dvd's eventually. I can't just workout to one instructor, I get bored. I need variety and lots of it to keep my interest and keep me moving very day.

Diane Sue - I never heard of Anita Champion's workouts on You Tube? Now I have to google her. Do you have any CIA workouts? Nekea Brown has an amazing step workout (CIA). CIA workouts are hard to find these day's, they still stand the test of time, IMO!

Waving Hi to the rest of the gang. See you all tomorrow.

Today I did Kelly Coffey 30 minutes to Fitness cardio blast workout #1 Step Blast 36 minutes, 249 calories. I then did Ice Metabolic Total Body timesaver mix, w/u, blizzard blast, muscle meltdown chest, stretch, 39 minutes, 203 calories. I also did the core work from Amy Bento Slo Mo, 15 minutes, 38 calories. I used a 35# barbell for the rollouts. I added Barre Amped Strengthen and Stretch, lower body stretch, 20 minutes. Total time was 1 hour 50 minutes, 508 calories.
weights today giant sets, 5 exercises, 12 reps, 3 rounds
push ups 12 reps , 12 reps, 12 reps
flat bench press 20,20,20 pair
flat bench fly 17.5, 17.5, 17.5 pair
incline bench press 20, 20,20 pair
incline flys 17.5, 17.5, 17.5 pair

Doreen, good for you getting the workout in at the park even if it was not a very good workout.

Belinda, I do have some CIA workouts. I have several with Sharon Twombly, Kimberly Spreen, Seasun, and yes they are all good workouts. I used to do Step Reebok Intense Moves a lot. It was a VHS workout. I finally broke down and sold all the vhs workouts and afterward I regretted selling some of them. I sold all of the Old original Firm Workouts. The problem was I would kind of not want to do them because of the rewinding etc.. Then I wished I had them back.

This morning I was short on time and needed something quick so I did some goblet squats, deadlifts, bridges and planks. Just easy to think about stuff.

I decided what to do with my bonus. First, an equipment upgrade. I bought a chromecast with the plan to do another month of Cathe live after I finish my way throught the rest of my Cathe list. Second, I found a hammer and chisel set on ebay for $30. No measuring cups or extras-I probably wouldn't use them anyway. I thought that was a good deal and the chromecast, H&C and month of live all from my bonus!

I'm still working to get some unused workouts sold on various craislist, letgo, etc but so far no luck. I'm not ready to give them away though!

Doreen, you got a lot for your bonus. I am sure that you will enjoy it. I think when my daughter sold some of my workouts it was through an online sort of garage sale type of thing where you meet somewhere and make your exchange. It had to be a local sale though. I gave them to her to sell for her mission trip. Of course I am sure some like Insanity were not too hard to find a buyer for. I even had the book and workout rotation chart with it. I never write on those charts. But, even the Turbo Jam and some odd workouts sold.

Chisel balance this morning. Good little workout. I approached conservatively- which I always do this first time through. I used 12s and 15s. I think I could go to 20s on some moves but th e focus isn't to go heavy but challenge to balance and core by off-loaded exercises.

Been off workouts since that last Leg disc. Doms x 3 days. Didn't know inner thighs can get mad like that. Never noticed inner thigh muscles before. I'm hoping to get the last week of Meso 1 done eventually.
Have an awesome day, ladies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good afternoon,

I did my workouts this morning, just getting around to post. My son and my daughter in law are here :) My daughter in law has signed up for LesMill streaming. We did Body Combat 38, that was a lot of fun and a sweat fest :) Boy, do I love these kinda workouts. Music was great too. I thinking signing up next year :) I also did Peak Pure Strength 2. This one is my favorite so far. Great total body workout. She used the bands in this one. Very fun workout!

Cupcake - sounds like you got a good workout in. Good job

Doreen - good job on your balance workout. What workouts are you selling?

Diane Sue - I have all the CIA workouts you listed. I still hav the Intense Moves on VHS, bought the dvd later on. It's still a great workout, IMO! I still have quite a lot of VHS that I can't part with :( Maybe one of those day's. Some of the workouts I have on VHS , you can't get them on DVD. As long as my VHS player is working, I guess I keep them.

That's it for me today. Have a great weekend, everyone. Tomorrow there is a 3 mile race/walk in town, we all plan on going. Well, if we all awake, lol :)

Today I started with Hammer and Chisel 15 minute leg hammer using an 8# med ball instead of 5 like they do. If you don't have this each move is 60 seconds at 20 slow, 20 med , 20 fast pace. You cannot go real heavy with it. I have used 10# before. I didn't want to make that low back spasm come back. It still comes on and it is usually not when I am working out. I forgot though that I have a stress fracture in one of my hips. I don't know which one. They just commented on it the last time I had a dexa scan. I chose this workout to avoid the extra jumping on Ice Lower body blizzard blast. I followed with Ice Chiseled Lower Body, 49 minutes and modified the jumps. I then did Muscle Meltdown shoulders and triceps. I finished with the 6 minute bonus ball stretch from Barre Amped Strengthen and Stretch. Total time was 1 hour 44 minutes and calories burned 558 calories. I still have two body parts to get in to hit everything once this week. Tomorrow will be back and biceps.

Doreen, the consensus at Beach Body was that most people seemed to like the balance workout. It took me awhile to determine which workouts to push the weights heavier on.

Belinda, I still have 3 vhs players that work. Some of the videos are not as clear as they used to be. I believe I had something like 6 or 7 original Firm workouts from Volume 1 up and a parts workouts. Those took awhile to let go of. I had a couple of Keli Roberts step workouts and Kari Anderson that I was sorry I got rid of. I had Cher which I actually kind of liked.

Belinda-I just today saw an ad for Les Mills streaming. I've never done any of their workouts. What are they like?

I've listed several different DVDs for sale.. STS, drill max, Athletica 2&3, great glutes, just stuff I don't feel particularly attracted to do frequently. No luck on anything selling yet though.

Diane Sue - I also still have 3 VHS players :) I still have Kari Anderson, Cher, Keli Roberts VHS step workouts. I also have the original Billy Blanks. As long as my players work, I will hold on to those workouts.

Doreen, I noticed a lot of Cathe's dvd's are up for sale these day's. I do have some Cathe workouts I just don't do an more. I used to sell my dvd's, but shipping is so high these day's. It's not worth it, IMO! Most people don't want to spent a lot of $$ on used dvd's :) How much are you asking for your dvd's? I will donate my dvd's to our public library. At least they get some use out of them.

Last night I did Hiit 40 20. Surprisingly I thought it was easier than I remembered. I followed with a 10 minute torcher- upper body.

This morning I did Hard Strikes including the upper body conditioning but not the heavy bag. I was able to stream this from my google drive to the chromecast perfectly- no freezes or pauses!!

Belinda- I normally just put 5 on a single dvd - 50 or 60 on a set. It just depends. I do think shipping is the killer so I try to stay local to avoid shipping it out. If they don't sell no big deal...I either donate or just put back on my shelf.

I did get rid of my vhs when our player broke. I only had Billy Blanks and I was sick of the endless moves in those kickbox wos.[emoji6]

In some ways I wish I was just now coming into the at home workout market. I'd probably go youtube or streaming 100%... though I would probably miss those premixes.

Last edited:
Today I did Rock'm Sock'm Kickbox, 50 minutes, 325 calories. I then did icy core 1,and muscle meltdown biceps and back, 47 minutes, 122 calories. I have a feeling the weights should have been more than this but I went with Fit Bit and heart rate. Map my Fitness was still lower than Cathe though. Total time was 97 minutes, calories 447.

Belinda, two of my vhs players are dvd vhs and I really wish I had just dubbed the workouts on to dvds. I did put two firms on a 8mm video cassette and then those did not go over real big. Now they are obsolete. We threw some very expensive videos away that we had purchased.

Doreen, I love my Les Mills Pump an Les Mills Combat workouts. I had no idea they had streaming. A lot are going to that now. My only problem with that is I could spend an awful lot of money on all of that streaming. Our library never seems to want to take donations of books and dvds. I don't know why. I guess they feel like everyone would be trying to get rid of there stuff that way. There are some stores here that sell used dvds though and they have workouts. I have been there with my daughter when she was looking for particular educational stuff.

Cupcake, how is the doms? Are you able to go on and finish mesocycke 1?

Good evening,

My kids are here and we all took a hike instead of the run. I think the run would have been easier than the hike we did :) I am beat, everything was up hill.

Diane Sue - I totally agree with you on streaming. If I ever sign up for streaming it would be only a month or two, otherwise it does get very expensive. I have so many dvd's that last me the rest of my life :) YT offers some very good and free workouts. I am set.

Doreen - I agree, with you on the shipping. Once I payed $15 in shipping. That was the end for me, I didn't made any money just handed my dvd's over. Lessons learned!

Good night, ladies.

This morning I did total body Hammer. I like the way this workout is laid out. The cast and Sagi are goofy and their jokes are stupid but it's one that you can lift really heavy on. He gives plenty of breaks so next time I'll up my weights.

This morning I did All Out Low Impact Hiit, 39 minutes, 260 calories. I followed this with Ripped with Hiit lift it hit it chest, shoulders, and triceps 40 minutes, 261 calories, and finished with Suzanne Bowen Barre Amped Upper stretche, 13 minutes, 29 calories. Total time was 92 minutes and calories burned 556. I decided this week that I would do Ripped with Hiit weights and cardio and abs on opposing days. I could not make up my mind on something to commit to. I have a plan that I made up using different workouts and a bit on my own that worked out really well and contemplated it. I think I would want to adjust the off days from the workouts where I had a lot of kettlebells and Hiit . It has workouts that are in a workout A, B, A one week and then B,A,B the next. I used some Cathe, Amy Bento, and my own stuff. I set it up to move smoothly from one workout to the other by putting in 3 set of an exercise on my own while I switched out dvds. I may still do it. I got the idea from some of Rachel Cosgroves stuff but like using dvds
Weights
Flat Bench Press 12 reps 3 sets 25's, 25's. 25's
finisher push up 15 reps
Incline bench press 12 reps 3 sets 22.5's
finisher triceps push ups 16 reps
incline fly 12 reps 3 sets 20's
finisher decline push ups 16 reps
superset barbell overhead press/upright row 10 reps each move, 3 sets, 30#
finisher scarecrows 5# 20 reps
superset lateral raise/front raise 10 reps each move, 3 sets, 10's lateral raise/15# front rase
external rotation lateral raise 15 reps 8's #
Overhead triceps extensions 12 reps 3 sets 30#
finisher dips 20/20 reps
barbell lying extensions 12 reps, 3 sets, 35#
finisher triceps kickback 10's#

Doreen, there are some of those workouts that you can go heavier on and some that you cannot. I did generally use heavier weights that Autumn did on hers. That is a good workout. I rather liked the power one and the way it progresses. Not a lot of reps but after awhile you are putting it all together in a sequence of stuff like squat, clean, curl press . I think that you will really like it.

Belinda, it looks like your workouts are started ;)

Hi to Cupcake:)

I wonder where Laura went. I thought she was supposed to be back this month. I hope things are okay.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.