Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Today I had planned on cardio but since my knee is still hurting I did Lift it Hit it Chest, Shoulders, Triceps with Abs 1 and adding the stretch on . 51 minutes, 204 calories. I followed this with Kelly Coffey Athletic Conditioning #1 stretch workout 27 minutes. I am dragging today. I went to bed early enough but between coughing and that stomach issue again I did not sleep. I had the same thing happen not long ago and I couldn't figure out if I ate something bad. I had made everything fresh. The same yesterday. My daughter told me that because of how long it lasted it was probably something that I ate. I finished off that Silk unsweetened almond coconut milk that I mentioned awhile back as being really sweet. I am wondering if it was that. I mixed it into my protein powder with the canned coconut milk. It was a busy morning and I had to hit the bank and store after taking the children to school. I had to go buy toothpaste for my 5 year old grandson that was not pink with princesses on it and was not minty. He refused to brush his teeth this morning. I tried to convince him that it was pink bubble gum. Didn't work. Tonight I have to figure out how I pick them up at 5:30 get them fed and to their church for Awards at 6:30 . They live so far out and they have to take multiple cars and the first one off picks up and gets food. I would go crazy trying to keep up with all of it. I am hoping to do the two Ice workouts I ordered on Friday and Saturday. They are supposed to arrive tomorrow but that won't be till in the afternoon after I have already done my workout.
flat bench press 25's; 22.5's; 22.5's 12 reps
push ups
incline bench press 22.5 's x 3 sets 12 reps
triceps push up
incline fly 20's x 3 sets 12 reps
decline push up
barbell overhead press/upright row 25# 3 sets I did this with 30 last time but just didn't have it in me today
scarecrows 5#
lateral raise alternating 10's/front raise 15# 3 sets 10 reps each move
external rotation 8's
overhead triceps extension 30# 12 reps 3 sets
dips 20 reps , 20 reps
barbell lying extension 35# 12 reps 3 sets
kickbacks 10's 20 reps

Belinda, the new workouts are on their way. I haven't got to try them yet :) I am not sure how long Beach Body will take with 21 Day Fix Extreme. I ordered through my coach. She says she doesn't sell a lot but she has enough people getting Shakeology that it pays for what they use. I guess I will end up with two copies of Dirty Thirty Extreme since it is on the Hammer and Chisel workouts. I will probably give one to my granddaughter or other family member.

Doreen, Crossfire outside sounds like fun :) I do the less impact mix of that one quite a bit. The only thing is you get stuck doing the disc segment more than once which I would rather not do.

Laura, I hope you are doing well.

DH is doing the same today. Still is refusing to go to the doc. I think based on the last several days that he has pulled a groin muscle. I'm not allowing him to lift anything or strain. Mom has her surgery scheduled for June. Will have to work out her aftercare. Was going to exercise this morning but when I got to get up, I got this really intense pain in my chest between my breasts. It only lasted for a couple of seconds and has not repeated. I have no other symptoms of any kind. Not sure what that was. Of course, DH immediately wanted me to go to the doctor!!!!

Cathe live will have a new step tomorrow so I hope to do that tomorrow.

Belinda, thanks,I did have a nice day yesterday in spite of everything going on.

Diane Sue, I agree about the disc segment in crossfire.

Doreen, chilly workout today!

Good jobs everyone.

Doreen, sometimes I will write down the moves so all I need to do is write in the weights and if needed reps. Some workouts are a 12 rep or 16 rep range for most moves so I make note and then write in anywhere there is changes. I sort of cheated this week on Lift it Hit it because I just looked at the moves from last week and used a different color of ink to mark any weight changes so I didn't have to write it all down again. I log the calories and times along with heartrate in my agenda book. Also I put the workouts in My Fitness Pal. Some workouts, like the live, if I hadn't previewed. I kept a notepad close by and would pause every few exercises if not enough time to make quick notes and put it down. I have kept the sheets I wrote on. Sometimes it is just a quick run over and put something like r 15 for reps lunge maybe would be lge reps then when done I would write it all out. If it is something that is a round that is repeated multiple times it is much easier to do as I go through the workout. Once in awhile I forget and look at my notes and am not sure what I meant :) That is when I put a question and note when posting. I have spiral notebooks of times, moves, premixes for most all of the workouts that I have. They are dated so my purple one is my oldest one that covers about 3 years and then I have a green one and now a red one that I started recently. Some things are in my documents on the computer but printed up as work sheets and I keep a file holder with those in it.

Good morning,

Did you guys see Cathe's Anointment? Hope the link works: https://www.facebook.com/Cathe-Friedrich-49839277161/?fref=nf

I did Leslie S. 3 Mile walk and X-Train Fit Circuit Burnout " TB".

Laura - your husband needs to see a doctor. Hope you both feel better soon.

Diane Sue - let me know how you like them once you get them :) Too bad you can't pick the extra BB dvd of choice. Sometimes you end up with the same dvd :) That is so nice of you to pass the extra dvd's to your family :) Nicely done yesterday.

Doreen - it's raining nonstop here for the last 14 day's. I can't even take a walk outside. Enjoy your outdoor workouts.

See you all tomorrow. Have a great day.

Today I did Ripped with Hiit Low Impact Hiit #2, 30 minutes, 198 calories. I went on to do Sharon Twombly Zero to Sixty pre-mix zero to 26 all combos which included the abs, and no stretch 26 minutes, 131 calories. I finished with yoga from fitness blender , 14 minutes, 26 calories. The UPS truck came after this and I got Ice Chiseled Upper Body and Low Impact Sweat. I did Icy Core #1 just to check it out :) 11 minutes, 39 calories. Total time was 81 minutes, calories burned 394 calories.

Belinda, thanks for the link. Maybe I can get that for my birthday in August :) I usually use the bar that attaches to my rebounder if I don't want to use a chair. Cool that it comes with workouts.

Belinda- It was raining here last night and still cold and wet this morning so I stayed inside for some deadlifts, hip thrusts and back work.

I saw somewhere someone had ask if they would considering selling the BB and MM from ICE as separate downloads. I probably would have gone for that. Let us know what you think of the ICE you got Diane Sue!!

I will probably pass on the new Cathe toy. Last fall she said it didn't look like she could bring it back and I bought squat stands for my birthday so now I don't need it. Maybe when the advanced level DVDs come out I'll go for them.... but barre work holds little interest for me these days. I also find that isolation work holds little interest for me either. I'm much preferring the compound movements and metabolic work than a bunch of tri kick backs and seated concentration curls! ;) I even posted my STS series on Craigslist in an attempt to sell. (no takers so far!)

Dorren - good job on your workouts. I am ready for some sunshine :) I will pass on the new Cathe toy/dvd's too. I already have the tower and hardly use it. I prefer using my squat rack instead.

Diane Sue - I have the Cathe tower, bought it when it first came out. Walmart sold it cheaper than Cathe.com :( The tower is awkward to use, that's all I am saying. If you look at the tower in the pic....those to metal bars that that hold the tower together (on the floor) gets in the way of working out. I do a lot of barre workouts, but I will not use my tower. I use a chair or counter top instead. You also can't use it as a barbell rack either. It's hard to explain, just awkward. Just my 2 cents!

I don't need a space hog. I thought it looked like she had some interesting uses. Without the tower though I don't think some of the workouts on their own would be easily doable. Some of the stuff with the bands looped onto the tower looked like stuff that can be done with a TRX or superband and door attachment though. I am the same way with dragging out the rebounder and putting the bar n it. I prefer a chair or sometimes I use the handles on the spin bike rather than drag anything out.

Diane Sue - I bought my tower at Walmart when it first came out. Maybe Walmart will sell the new Cathe tower? This way you can try the tower first. Why is Cathe announcing the tower but does say anything about the price? Weird. I am not interested in the dvd's, my credit card is safe :D

Today I did Ice Chiseled upper body 42 minutes, 189 calories and Ice Sweat muscle meltdown back, 21 minutes, 89 calories. I finished off with Ice Sweat Cardio workout #1, 28 minutes, 176 calories. 91 minutes, 454 calories. I liked all of the workouts. I am glad that I purchased them. I am tired today. I woke at 4:30 with a headache. At least the cramping was gone. I had to leave before 7 this morning to get my granddaughter to school to leave and help with special Olympics. It was hard getting the 5 year old up.
Chiseled Upper Body I may be off a bit on reps because they are not listed on the workout card
swinging military press 1 set 12 reps 8# pair dumbbells
triple dead row /triple upright row/ shrug 1 set 10# pair 4 reps then 4 reps with the shrugs added
windmills 1 set right thn 1 left 8 reps started with 8# and dropped to 5#. I used to use much heavier with the kettlebell I felt like a wimp
overhead press/overhead extension 1 set 8# pair 8 reps 6 quick/ 2 slow
forward tilt bent arm lateral raise 2 sets 8# pair 8 reps/6 reps
rotational row 2 sets 15# pair 16 reps (?)
discus throw 2 sets 5# 12 reps on right then 12 reps on left
mat
3 curls 1 press 1 set 8# pair reps ?
triceps push up with leg lift 3 sets 16, 8, 4
rear delt raise with leg extension 2 sets 5# 12 reps each side
chest fly with leg extension 2 sets 10# each hand 16 reps
pullover extensions 3 sets 8# pair 16 right, 16 left, 8 both feet extension
bear crawl plank walks 1 set 8 reps 4 right/4 left
high plank descents
high plank descents wid arm
Muscle Melt down Back Giant set 3 rounds 12 reps
1 arm row 25# right 25#
pullover 25#
1 arm wide row 25# right then left
1 arm pullover 15# right then left
Deadlift 25# pair
3 rounds same weights throughout

Belinda, the tower and workouts do not hold a lot of excitement for me right now. I may change my mind later. I liked the Muscle Meltdown on the Ice workouts. I almost wish I had got them all while I was added or at least the ones with the meltdowns. I saw both lower body workouts had shoulders. I did not get them. Bootcamp should be here tomorrow and it has the biceps meltdown on it. I ran out of Mothers Day funds so I am done for awhile :)

Today I did Ice Low Impact Pre-mix 15, Cardio 2, Blizzard Blast, Core 2, stretch. 51 minutes, 295 calories.hr. 112/144. I got Ice Boot camp today so I did the Muscle Meltdown Biceps, 15 minutes, 85 calories. Total time was 66 minutes, 380 calories.
Muscle Meltdown Biceps
Giant sets 3 rnds 12 reps
standing curl 20#; 15#;; 15#
hammer curl 20#; 15#; 15
preacher curl 15#; 15#; 15#
incline hammer curl 15#; 15#; 15#
concentration curl 20#; 15#; 15#

Hello ladies, in Chicago the weather keeps going up and down by about 20-30 degrees per day, along with the non stop thunder storms, and it is playing heck with my migraines and sinus. DH is doing much much better. I have been making him take it easy and have forbidden him from any heavy lifting activities.

I will probably cave and get Cathe's new tower. I did not get it the first time around. I actually have my ironing board in my workout area that I use for barre (since I can adjust the height, and lord knows the last time I actually ironed clothes). I think with my knee and heel issues that I might have to move to more barre and yoga type workouts in my future. Right now, I just have to get through these migraines. If it's not one thing with me, it's another.

I hope everyone is doing well. Have a great weekend all.

Good afternoon,

I did a walk today. That's it!

Laura - hope you both feel better soon. I wouldn't recommend the tower, it has 2 metal bars running across. It gets in your way and you feel the metal under your barefoot even if you put a mat down :( I wished I wouldn't have bought it when it first came out. It just sits around. Just my 2 cents! My countertop/chair works perfectly for barre. You can't use the squat rack for heavy squats, the tower is to short and very awkward when squatting. I am 5'1, I had to duck :( It's not safe, IMO. If you a very good barre I would recommend you go to Suszanne Bowen Fitness. com she has a link for amazon where she sells her free standing and wall barre . Just my 2cents!! Jhttp://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B8421EK/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00B8421EK&linkCode=as2&tag=suzannebowenf-20&linkId=H3HKSS5SJZPLXXV7
and wall barre: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&tag=suzannebowenf-20&linkId=GPS7QQBPIG6VMKJV

Good job, everyone and keep up the good work.

Hello all. Yesterday my daughter wanted to go thrift shopping. I found two Jillian Michaels DVDs ( yoga inferno and killer buns and thighs) and another bootcamp DVD that I can't remember the instructor name for $1.50 each. So I did the yoga level one this morning. Not too bad. I would go back to it for a yoga day. I don't have any yoga DVDs in my collection.

ood morning,

Quick check in, my workout is done. I will post later what I did, need to shower and get ready for a doc appointment.

Have a great Monday, everyone. BBL!

Back to report my workout : today I did JF Montana Step & Weights + Tetons Abs and Core. I also did XTrain Lower Body.

I will be back tomorrow. Have a great day.

Hi all, I'm still on the injured reserved list. My back is killing me. Nothing but pain pills and the heating pad for me the last two days. I hope everyone else is doing well and wish everyone well.

Today I did Ice Bootcamp pre-mix #5 bootcamp, blizzard blast, and abs #1, 67 minutes, 334 calories. I modified a bit on some of the cardio because my knee is just not feeling right. I got a big cramp behind my knee when doing the superman move with the swimming arms. I had to stop and get up. I did some of the impact but not much. The one arm burpee was easier on the step but I was rather slow at it. I used the rebounder when they were doing some of the jumps. Fortunately there are not a lot and the cardio segments are short. I used Cathe's weights or slightly more.

Belinda, you have so many workouts that I have never heard of. :)

Laura, I am sorry. I hope this all gets better for you soon.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.