Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

I thought I posted my workout today but don't see it.
Today I did yesterday's live workout, Legs with Weights and Barre, 53 minutes, hr.. avg. 99/max 132, 241 calories. I then did Live Crush it Low Impact , 34 minutes, hr. avg. 116/max. 143, 211 calories. I finished off with Tai Cheng final phase neural reboot 29 minutes, 78 calories. This made the workout long but I really did want to get in the flexibility work. My neck was a bit achy and this helped. Total time was 1 hr 56 minutes,580 calories.
Legs with weights and barre (this was done with pretty much 10# dumbbells throughout
requires a gliding disc, firewalker band and a chair or barre
pretty long warm up about 9 minutes
squat press alternated with squat march 10's$
10's # lunges holding in each hand each side then holding both weights in one hand 4 reps then 7 pulses
lunge kick 10's# 7 reps then other leg repeat
@15 minutes firewalker loop on jacks turn scissor, jacks turn repeat 2x
foot in out with punch, jacks repeat other side
firewalkers then remove loop
lateral walk with 10's# 4 pulses then return
firewalker loop on jump rope, jacks, forward back attack jump
remove band
warrior lunge
10's Lateral walk with pulses, plie pulses repeating
break then short lateral walk then finish as plie pulses
10's # side lunge alternating then squats in the middle repeating ending 15 and 1 then hover squats 2x
disc side slide lunge
10's# single leg deadlift ( I used 15's)
disc warrior lunge ending with a run
cross back lunge 10# 7&1, 15 & 1, 7 $1, 3& 1 singles
keep band and get out the chair for barre work @ 35 minutes works all angles and calves

Insomnia struck so I already got my workouts done for today. Did two Cathe lives, Cardio Strength Blast and then Metabolic Circuit Blast.

Doreen, I love RWH Plyo 2 too. Of course, I love step work. I find 2 easier than 1.

Diane Sue, that looks like a good leg workout.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Good evening,

I did my workout this morning, just getting around to post. I did Jenny Ford Step & Weights and 4. Lower Body Power.

Laura - nice job yesterday.

Diane Sue -good job today.

Good night, everyone.

Last edited:
Today's workout was Cathe Live Barbell Upper Body 43 minutes, 171 calories. I then did Live Hi Lo Kickboxing 41 minutes, 295 calories. Total time 84 minutes, 466 calories.
Live Barbell Upper Body reminded me of Les Mills Pump only more brutal.
Starts with a warm up and adds the barbell with the medium and small plates which would be around 20#, overhand
Medium and large plate around 35# triple rows overhand 6 reps? then underhand 6 reps , overhand, dead rows, deadlifts, dead rows
upper back and shoulders 25# barbell dead rows , clean and press, push press
bench with 3 risers 25# barbell (2 large plates) pull over/ chest press with pulses, wide bench press ending with 3 sets of push ups on the mat
Isolated moves
Triceps 25# lying extensions with pulses, triceps dips 3 sets, repeat then triceps push ups on the end of step
Biceps (medium and small plate 20#) I used I used two large plates 25# I was almost sorry :) There are pulses and variations on the counts
Shoulders (medium and small plate 20#) upright row/overhead press 5# plates or dumbbell if you don't have holes to hold the plates, front raise/lateral raise on high end
Abs/core they use a 5# plate I used a 10# for part of it. Russian twist 10# , crunch to overhead press 10#, crunch to 1 arm press 5#,
plank to side plank all on right then all on left
Stretch

Laura, I liked the leg workout yesterday. I am not so sure about the Upper body today. It was pretty hard on the shoulder I think. I am not a real fan of non stop high rep workouts. It was a burner though. This was my last Live workout day for awhile. I cancelled it for now.

Belinda, working through that list ;)

I think I remember that Cathe live!! Barbell upper body. I liked it.
I did Amy Bento Adv step challenge 5 this morning. This one still challenges me as I have not yet mastered all the combos!
Then I popped in rocking body by shaun t that I had found at the thrift for $1. What a hoot. Just basically a kickbox kinda wo but they dressed everyone up in nightclub type outfits and try to make a cardio/toning workout feel like dancing.

Good evening,

Today I did Yoga Body Makeover Series : Power Seat Yoga and On the Ball Yoga (Bonus) = 60 min. I forgot how amazing Yoga on the Ball was. I feel all stretched out today. I also did Leslie Swanson 5 mile Challenge walk.

This morning DH and I cleaned out the garage a little more. My car is full with bags of cloth and ready for Goodwill tomorrow:)

Diane Sue - looking at all your Cathe live workouts, want me to sign up :) Good job.

Dorren - that is a tough one. That is a great price for Shane T. I have that dvd too.

Good night, ladies.

No workout today. It was a rest day and mowed and did outside stuff before we get more spring rains. It is our family day so I spent a couple of hours at my daughters house. I got to see my grandson's first car :) He is excited. My husband took him out to help him learn how to choose a car and how to work with dealers to get the price down. He gets his license this month.

Doreen, is that Amy's last Step Challenge workout? I never did work at mastering it. I got it around the time I had the knee surgery and I tried some of it but at the time the pivots and stuff hurt my knee. I really should get it out and try it again.

Belinda, yoga with a stability ball sounds like a good stretch. I have a really good one for the TRX that really helps a lot and is not too long. I have another TRX one that is basically yoga. It is a little longer than the other and is a bit difficult doing a crescent pose with one foot in the TRX. It really challenges the balance.

I'm out at least for today. My plantar fasciitis is really bad today. I can barely get up and down the steps in my house. Will just try to rest and stretch it out some today.

Have good workouts and a good day everyone.

Good afternoon,

This morning I did ICE Metabolic Total Body premix #4 Warm Up + Main Routine + Blizzard Blast + Stretch - 60:11.

Laura - sorry about plantar fasciitis acting up again. Keep rolling, icing and get some rest.

Diane Sue - how exciting about your grandson's new car :) How old is he? I need to look into TRX. Love anything with a stability ball.

I will be back tomorrow. Have a great Monday, everyone.

Today I used my Treadclimber for 30 minutes 246 calories, Max Hr. was 160. I didn't get average because the Tread climber picks up the Bluetooth heartrate but I cannot use the Polar app at the same time. I then did Ripped with Hiit Lift it Hit it legs Strength only premix, 31 minutes, 210 calories. I finished with Hammer and Chisel 15 minute glute chisel adding 2 sets of 50 calf raises with 30#, 20 minutes, 117 calories. Total time 81 minutes 573 calories.
Lift it Hit it legs
Squats 24 reps 25# each hand
Plie Squat 16 reps 45#
Static Lunge right 25# each hand 16 reps
Static Lunge left 25# each hand 16 reps
squats 24 reps 30# in each hand
plie squat 16 reps 45# dumbbell
wood chop lunge right 16reps 12# repeat on left
cross back lunge 20# 4 alternating then 16 reps repeat on opposite side
low pulse lunge 20# 10 right half/full, then 10 pulses repeat all on left
deadlift 16 reps 16 reps 30# each hand
deadlift 16 reps 30# each hand left
walking lunge 6 sets 4 steps then 4 back 15# each hand
Stretch

Belinda, that was a nice long premix :) My grandson is 16 this month. So is one of my granddaughters. She got a Red VW to drive. It will be good for both of them. My granddaughter does aftercare at her school for her job. My grandson got a job cleaning at their church so they both need transportation. I worry a lot with all of them driving. That will be 5 of them. It will be a few years for the next group of them as the oldest there is 8.

Laura, I am sorry about the plantar fasciitis:( I hope that you can get it better.

Last edited:
Today I did Ripped with Hiit Lift it hit it back, biceps, and shoulders with abs 2 and added the stretch to the end. 65 minutes, 333 calories. I then did Hammer and Chisel 10 minute ab hammer 12 minutes 46 calories. I finished off with a Fitness Blender shoulder and neck exercises & stretches workout that uses a stability ball. I only did one set of the moves and uses 3# dumbbells and followed with the stretches which were good, 17 minutes, 26 calories. The go through a group of neck and shoulder flexibility and strength moves at 16 reps each 3 times. Total time was 93 minutes, 405 calories. My Bluetooth heartrate monitor decided to torment me with erratic readings and I gave up stopping and changed to the watch and regular transmitter.
Weights today
one arm row 12 reps 37.5; 37.5 ; 37.5
finisher 35# barbell row & green band 20 reps
Pullover 40# dumbbell 12 reps 40; 40; 40
barbell row 35# finisher & 21 reps supine band pulls
one arm angled row 12 reps 30; 30; 30
seated 1 arm band pulls 20 reps
rear delt flys 15 # each hand, 12# each, 12# each
one arm band pull 20 reps
prone rear delts 5#, 5#, 5# each hand(I do not like these)
finisher seated band pulls
biceps curls barbell 12 reps 45#; 40#, 40#
finisher W curls with 10# dumbbells 20 reps
concentration curl 12r x 22.5#. 10r x 20#, 10r x 20#
finisher barbell crazy 8's 24 reps 30#
simultaneous standing hammer curls 12 reps 17.5, 15#, 15# pair for all
finisher barbell crazy 8's 25#

Hey girls,

my internet is going out a lot today? Maybe all that rain/thunder we having? Who knows! I did a 4 mile walk and abs today.

Diane Sue - that is a nice, first car for a 16 year old :) I hear you on being worried when they drive. Heck, I am worried with my 26 year old and 30 year old drive :p They gonna be fine! Good job on your workouts.

I will be back tomorrow.

Belinda, we have had our share of storms lately. The next ones are coming in Sunday. I really do not mind the rain as long as we don't have floods and no hail and tornado. I think the damage we see the most often is hail and wind damage. Trees and power lines down.

Diane Sue - we get a lot of thunder/lighting lately. My dog Brawler is terrified of thunder/lightning. He keeps me up all night long. I do have meds to calm him down. Sorry to hear you getting slammed with with bad weather. Keep safe!

Hi girls,

Today I did XTrain AOLIH remix # 15 Double Step and Disc Cardio - 42:04. I also did Leslie Swanson Mile Booster Walk. I am done for today.

I had to work off that cake that DH got us for my bday.

I will be back tomorrow. Have a wonderful day and workout, everyone.

Today I did X Train Hard Strikes with the heavy bag tabatas, 60 minutes, 445 calories. I got out early and hit Sprouts Farmers Market. I bought a packet of the Amazing Grass Protein Superfood in Chocolate Peanut butter. I was surprised how good this was. I figured that it would be as nasty tasting as most of the vegan protein powders.

Belinda, happy birthday :) My dog Gertie is not real afraid of storms. If it gets loud she may grumble at it. She does stay out of her crate in the florida room because it gets pretty loud when it rains hard and there is hail on the glass. She will lay on one of her doggie beds upstairs or in the livingroom.

Thanks you Diane Sue :) Brawler always been afraid of loud noises :( When we lived in Germany the thunder wasn't as bad as the ones here in the US. He gets so scared, I am afraid he is getting a heart attack. Poor thing! I talked to my vet and he recommended I give him some meds. I also have to put a thunder blanket on him. The thunder blanket doesn't work, IMO! The meds do. My other dog ChuChu isn't afraid of anything. He sleeps right through the noise. Glad yours isn't afraid off loud noises.

Hello ladies, my left heel is still bad. I'm barely managing the steps in my house, so I will be laying low for a bit.

Belinda, happy birthday and best wishes. Mine is next week. We are both May babies.

I'll be getting together with my mom and dad this weekend for birthdays/Mother's day. She will be seeing her surgeon about hip replacement on my birthday. She is blind and diabetic. My father is also disabled. I will have to go stay with them for a while after the surgery to help out. They live an hour and a half away. I'll know some more next week.

Again best wishes and great workouts both of you.

Belinda, I was reading a woman's book where she was talking about fear and anxiety and she used her little dog as an example. The poor dog was so stressed during storms and they would stay up all night trying to soothe it. Finally they got it a spot in the closet with a bed made down in the corner and that is where it would find the most relief. The story was more the emphasis on how fear and anxiety affect health.

Laura, I am so sorry that you are still having that many problems. It sounds like you have a lot going on anyway so maybe a break is needed. I hope you mother gets through the surgery well. I have never known anyone that has had hip replacement.

Today I did Ripped with Hiit Lift it Hit it Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps with Abs 1 plus the stretch, 51 minutes, 227 calories. I then did 10 minute ab chisel from Hammer and Chisel 10 minutes, 41 calories. I finished off with Tai Cheng Phase 4 neural reboot and sequence 1, 43 minutes 112 calories. Total time was 1 hr 43 minutes, 380 calories.

Chest Shoulders and Triceps weights
flat bench press 12 reps 25's, 22.4's. 20's
push up 15 reps
incline bench press 12 reps 22.5, 22.5, 22.5
triceps push up 15 reps
incline fly 12 reps, 20's, 20's, 20'2
decline push up 15 reps
barbell overhead press/upright row 10/10reps 30#,30#,30#
scarecrows 20 reps 5's#
lateral raise/front raise 10's# lateral raise, 15# dumbbell front raise
external rotation lateral raise 5's# 15 reps
overhead extension 12 reps 35#, 31#,31# I used a kettlebell for the 31#
Dips 20 reps straight , 20 reps bent leg

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.