Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Good morning,

I did Mt. Rushmore Step= 24 min and CRUNCH Yoga Sculpt = 40 min. That's it for me today.

Debbie - don't tell my husband :) He has no clue how many dvd's I have, lol. I get bored easily just working out with one instructor. I think they all bring something new and fresh to the table. Fantastic job on your workouts.

Happy Hump Day, everyone.

Today I did Ice Low Impact Sweat, both workouts with Core 2 mix, 60 minutes, 355 calories. This was almost half what the workout manager has for calories. I overslept this morning so I was scrambling to get the children up and ready for school in 20 minutes. Fortunately my granddaughter got up about the same time and had jumped in the shower. I hate racing around like that. It was a grab and run breakfast morning for them. My alarm on my tablet turned off. I think because I have it set for sound so I can tell it to snooze or turn off. I checked and it had turned off about the same time my brother had messaged me and the vibration probably turned it off or something. My granddaughters ipad didn't go off either. We had thunderstorms last night.

Belinda, I used to do that and sometimes feel guilty buying so many workouts but my husband really knows I am pretty reserved about spending money. He says if I want something get it. Sometimes I have a bunch of things in my wish list on Amazon and he will just surprise me and order all of it. The first time he did it was on a birthday. I had presents coming for days :D He also ordered a book I had in the wish list for my granddaughters birthday LOL. More recently I ended up with some shoes and Calvin Klein dresses, cover ups, and shirts that I had in my cart. Still, when I order things I feel guilty.

Diane Sue - your husband sounds like mine :) Your husband is a keeper :) My DH ordered workout dvd's , I always feel guilty spending money. He always say's "buy it, lol" :) When Hammer & Chiseled first came out, he wanted me to have it. I told him " I had enough and really need to go through the dvd's I already have :) I am also pretty reserved about spending money :) I do like workout dvd's :) Good job today.

Lol! Your guys are great. My hubby barely even knows Amazon exists let alone how to find my wishlist. That's ok though.

I got notification that one my DVDs was ready for pick up at the Library - Lauren Brooks ultimate body sculpt. When I got there they other one was ready too! Lauren Brooks Kettlebell Body. Ready to learn how to use this bell I bought!! he he he.

I did a Seasun Ziegler step this morning. Good choice for a rainy day - its supposed to rain all week so I'm planning inside workouts all this week and then hopefully back outside next week - we'll see!

Back is still in major pain. So I spent some quality time cooking and baking ( I have a great anti fatigue mat). I figure if I'm not going to be able to work out still for a while, I'm going to be eating clean. So made my own protein bars and we are having lentil based stuffed peppers for dinner.

I have to add that my DH doesn't understand my DVD/fitness buying, but he completely supports and enables me. But then he can't say anything because of his muscle car!

Good workouts everyone. I'll be your cheerleader.

Good morning,

I am done with JF Aspen Step Aerobics + Aspen Lower/Upper Body.

Laura - so sorry :( Hang in there, girl.

Doreen - that's funny your DH doesn't even know Amazon :) Have fun with Lauren Brooks ultimate body sculpt.

Hi Diane Sue :)

I have another doc appointment today, need to shower and get ready. I will try to be back later for personals. Happy Hump Day, everyone.

Today I did Ice Bootcamp pre-mix #5 bootcamp, blizzard blast, and abs #1, 67 minutes, 334 calories. I modified a bit on some of the cardio because my knee is just not feeling right. I got a big cramp behind my knee when doing the superman move with the swimming arms. I had to stop and get up. I did some of the impact but not much. The one arm burpee was easier on the step but I was rather slow at it. I used the rebounder when they were doing some of the jumps. Fortunately there are not a lot and the cardio segments are short. I used Cathe's weights or slightly more.

Belinda, you have so many workouts that I have never heard of. :)

Laura, I am sorry. I hope this all gets better for you soon.

Diane Sue - the reason you haven't heard of those workouts I am doing lately is, they are not for sale yet :p I would highly recommend buying them :) They are so much fun and burn lots of cal and I get lots of steps on my Fitbit :) They are all low impact too :)

Good morning! This morning I did RWH back shoulder bicep. Then finished with the 12 minute fat burning circuit from Lauren Brooks DVD.

Have a great Wednesday everyone!

Today I did the Ice low impact sweat pre-mix, blizzard blast with the warm up and stretch, 20 minutes, HR 111/143 112 calories. I then did the Sweat muscle meltdown back 4 rnds premix, skipping the warm up and stretch, 27 minutes, 128 calories. I followed this with the Ice Bootcamp circuit muscle meltdown pre-mix 4 rnds biceps giant sets (ouch) 31 minutes, 168 calories. 78 minutes total time 408 calories. I kind of wonder about the blizzard blast calories. I felt I worked hard even though it is short. While I was in the 3rd round of back it's battery quit so I had to stop and get a new battery in it. My arms were pretty fatigued by the time I hit the 4th round.
Muscle Meltdown Back 4 rounds Giant sets
One arm row 30# all 4 rounds 12 reps
Pull over 30# all 4 rounds
one arm wide row 25# all 4 rounds
one arm pull over 15# all 4 rounds
Deadlift 30# each hand all 4 rounds
Muscle Meltdown 4 rounds 12 reps
Standing curls dumbbells 20's rnd. 1; 17.5's 2 rnds. ; 15's final rnd.
standing hammer curl dumbbells 20's; 17.5's 2 rnds. ; 15's final rnd
preacher curl 15's all 4 rnds
incline hammer curl 17.5's rnd 1 and 2; 15's rnd 3 and 4
concentration curl 17.5's 3 rnds; last round 15's

Belinda, how do you get to do workouts that are not for sale yet??

Doreen, Lauren Brooks usually has her workouts where you can do shorter workouts which is nice for add ons and stuff. She has some newer ones that look good.

Laura, I think those muscle cars can cost a whole lot more than dvd workouts. ;) We had a Mustang classic car that we entered in car shows. It had a lot of money put in it. We had painted it and did engine work. All original parts. We finally sold it. It was worrisome to drive it around just for fun. I hated trying to brake without the power brakes. I hope you get to feeling better.

Belinda, how do you get to do workouts that are not for sale yet??

Yes Belinda- Do tell!!!

On another note my hubby may not be up on Amazon but he's always picking up fitness equipment at thrift stores for me.... he just texted that he found more weights for me. We'll see if that means plates or dumbells!! (I could use another bar. I should tell him to look for one.) ps. It was plates. 176# of Olympic plates for $25. They are all in kilos. That should make for some interesting morning math! 2 big plate, two med, two small. 44#, 33#, 11# is what I think they translate to.

Last edited:
I was lucky to receive a preview copy of Step Across America to test the workouts :p In my opinion this is so far her best program.

Belinda, I looked at Step across america. So they are filmed in different states outdoors ? They look interesting. Are they all beginner?

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Diane Sue - yes, they are filmed in different states outdoors :) I would rate them as beginner/intermediate. The steps are basic/interm and not complex that you couldn't keep up. Plus they low impact. She does a few jumping jacks in her workouts. She doesn't over due it :) I don't do jumping jacks anymore, my knees can't handle it. You move nonstop with her workouts. You can try Jenny Ford step workouts for FREE on youtube. I love all her step workouts. Give her Hawaii step, Step by Step 3 and her Unexected Sep (Advanced). Not only they are fun, you sweat buckets. Some people complain about the music, it doesn't border me. I am getting lots of step counts on my Fitbit. I can't do Cathe's high impact step anymore. Way to much jumping for me. My knees are killing me after Cathe's step workouts or high impact workout. I'll be honest, I love Jenny's step workout better than Cathe's step :p I Jenny makes step workouts fun, like they used to be. I get a kick ass workout in without the high impact :)

This morning I did Chicago March and Step = 23 min, I had over 3000 steps:p Not bad, hah?

Last edited:
Hi all, my back is still terrible. It is also causing me to have leg cramps in the middle of the night (that's is due to all of my nerve damage). Still on pain meds and the heating pad. Still making lots of healthy clean foods.

Belinda, Chicago March and Step is probably better on the DVD than in person. I swear we are mostly gray and overcast here for the last several weeks. I actually do see sunshine today. Yesterday it started out sunny, but clouded up by noon. Do you do surveys or reviews when you get the previews? It sounds like fun.

Diane Sue, you got that right on the cost of that musclecar. I just spent $123 on fuel additive from Amazon for it. He's going to a cruise this weekend. He is a BIG car nut. Knew that from the beginning. But I figure that there are certainly worse vices to have. It's his passion and his business.

Doreen, great thrift store find! I can never find good weights. I've found about everything else. I think one of my best finds this last year when I found my BOSU. It was brand new in the box, never been opened for $4. It still had some birthday wrapping paper on it.

Great jobs as always everyone. Have a great day.

Laura - please REST:) Sounds like you need a few day's completely off doing anything and let your body heal :) Sending you quick healing vibes :) I highly recommend those workouts, they are so much fun :)

Today I did 21 Day Fix Extreme Lower Fix, 35 minutes, 221 calories, heart rate 117 avg/ 136 max. I don't know why there are so many instructors going to jumping moves with the lower body. I like to just to the strength work without jumping. I used 12 and 15# dumbbells for this. I then did 21 Day Fix 10 minute hardcore, 11 minutes, 51 calories. I liked this one. I finished with Pilates Fix Extreme, 34 minutes, 130 calories. This was not an easy workout. I liked it. It used the b lines (tubing throughout) It had a lot of core work in it. Total time was 80 minutes and calories burned 402. I was disappointed in the 21 Day countdown to competition plan. I thought it would be a book of sorts. Not a pamphlet. The idea of having oatmeal and egg white for breakfast and 7 meals of cod fish and veggies in a day is a bit nauseating. I like fish but I doubt I would want to do that very much. Maybe I need to read it over better. My daughter and her husband got back from Alaska today and picked up my grandson. We took the children out to a charbroiler last night so I did not eat so well. Hopefully today I can get started back to tracking,

Belinda, I saw something about a you tube on the website. I will have to check it out. I like step but not too much impact. Lately my knee has been acting up lately so I have tried to be more cautious. I did some of the modifiers today on the 21 Day Fix Extreme. I sort of previewed the plyo extreme and the cardio and thought I am not going to be that jumping (and with weights) right now. I mainly was interested in the weight work and the yoga and pilates work.

Laura, that was a great deal on the bosu. I bought mine new and also bought the bosu ballast ball which I use for most of Cathe's work. It adds a nice extra bit of work to the stability ball core an lower body work. Most of my equipment purchases over the years has been birthday and Christmas presents :) Yes, there is much worse vices than a hobby like cars.

Great deal on a Bosu!! I actually had one and sold it on a garage sale! I kick myself frequently about that. The lady that bought it probably knew what I was giving up but I had NO IDEA! This was before I had discovered DVDs and Youtube for workouts and I hadn't figured out out to use it! I just can't bring myself to buy another one! I did buy a Step 360 from a thrift store and I can do *most* bosu workouts on it.

I did some deadlifts and hip thrust work this morning with my new plates and then popped in the 30 minute training w/ Jackie w/o from last week's thrift finds. Not a bad workout. She does an isolation hold on the lower body with an upper body move. 1 minute each move. My lower body was already fried so I found this harder than it probably was. I probably won't do it much but for a $1.50 who cares.

I too did a search on Jenny Ford!! I'll have to try out one of the youtube ones.

I also got another DVD from the library - Paul K. Build and Burn. Another kettlebell workout.

My hubby's hobby is Legos..... and I always tell people "oh-it could be worse. He could be into expensive cars!!" :):):)

Doreen, Legos are quite a bit less costly than the vehicles. :) I have looked at Paul Katami's Kettlebell workouts. I have heard they are good. I have a workout that actually uses two bosus. I had to use one and set my high step to the other side for the movements from one to the other. It would have been better with two. I had already spent money on the Ballast ball and the Sling Shot for those workouts so couldn't come up with funds for the extra bosu. These were the Bosu Xplode workouts. I really liked the Mindy Mylrea workout on these. Also there was one with Keli Roberts that was a lot of balance and functional work.

Good morning,

Malibu Step = 43 min (4428 steps:p) + Aspen Lower/Upper Body = 33 min. Not bad for a step count for a 43 min step workout, hah? I also use a 4" step high.

Have a great Friday, everyone.

Hello!
I did the build and burn dvd this morning. I loved it. I'm going to buy it. Great workout with some tough stuff. I had my kettlebell too heavy and had to switch to a dumbbell for some sections. Paul is great as a trainer. Such a calm encouraging presence.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.