Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Hey girls,

Did my workouts this morning. I did XTrain Back,Chest & Shoulder Premix #10 Timesaver (Rounds 1-7) + Core #1...56.04 and Yoga Body Makeover Series : Power Tone with Weights.

Diane Sue - that walk felt great yesterday :) Nice job yesterday on the Cathe live workout.

Laura - IMAX3 is a tough one. Fantastic job yesterday.

Have a great day, everyone.

Hi all! I did the Ultimatum Red workout this morning. Cardio and weights.

I hear you all on the floor to up moves and have recently started doing just about everything I can on my pull-up bar flipped upside down on the floor. Flipped upside down it gives me several hand placement options, facing in, wide, etc. I do planks, plank in and out, burpees, mountain climbers, push-ups, etc with my hands on it. So much easier on the wrists and even knees with just a little elevation on the hands. Yeah it takes a little intensity off the move but it feels so much better to me.

Tomorrow my loan on Intensity Max 30 ends and it goes back to the library. I didn't make it through all the 2nd month workouts. They were fun (and hard) but I'm not sure something I feel like I need to have. ( I have other hard stuff in my collection already that can be tailored to a 30 minute workout)

Today I did Cathe Live Kick box Boot camp, 57 minutes, 360 calories, hr. 128 avg. / 155 max. I have the hardest time getting my heartrate up there. I even did fast feet while doing the tabata heavybag move. I also did the stability ball abs and stretch from Cardio Boxing and Stablity ball abs, 15 min. 54 calories. This was hard with those holds with feet off the floor and ball overhead off the floor because I used my bosu ballast ball. Kickbox Boot Camp has kickboxing then half the women remove their gloves and do weight work that is compound along with some burpees, then they switch places. The second half has some different weight work and no burpees and the second half that dies the heavybag has an added jack and bag to it. I did both heavy bag groups and skipped the weights. When this is done they all do some weight work and core using weights, they are done with the gloves. This is the first Cathe Live workout and you can tell they were working on it a bit. I was just about to give it up when Cathe was facing away from the viewer for awhile but she finally turned. It is a good workout. I can see doing all of the weights for both and going back and doubling up on the heavybag. Just something I might attempt. I really did not want to much in the way of weights today since yesterday was weight work and I wanted to do legs tomorrow or a total body. I need to see what I did not do yet.

Doreen, that is a nice way to try the workouts and decide if you really want to buy them. I never thought of using my door mount pull up bar. It is meant to be able to be used for push ups as well. It does seem like it would be easier on the wrists. I think that it is better to be cautious than to do things that are questionable and can cause injury. For me as I get older I see it takes me longer to mend. Anyway, I will set it out as a reminder.

Belinda, do you do yoga with weights on that yoga series? Good job on the workout.

Busy day today, just finding a minute to post. Did BM2 today. Did great except when I tripped over the step and fell. So far, not feeling any damage. Thank goodness for my thick puzzle mats. Doesn't happen too often, but I have a foot drop due to my back injuries.

Diane Sue, I previewed that kickboxing class, but did notice that they have figured out the live filming better since that first one.

Belinda, another yoga one that I have not heard off. I did request the other DVD you recommended from the library. Thanks for that.

Doreen, sad when you have to return back to the library, but that it what I love about it. It has ended up saving me money on things I thought I would love, but when doing it, it is just ok. Also, to be honest, I'm having a hard time doing anything but Cathe. I love Cathe live.

Have a good day everyone and great workouts!

Belinda, that looks good I put it my save and compare list. :) The price is good.

I am sitting here waiting for these storms to pass. It sounds like high winds 70 mph and large hail. Possible tornadoes there is some spin but so far the only one spotted was in the country. I really do not like this time of year. We have two different storms heading into Oklahoma city. The thunder is starting up right now. We don't have a shelter in this home. The last two we put shelters in.

ey girls,

Today I did XTRAIN - All Out Low Impact Hiit = 38:56 min and Bob Harper The Biggest Loser: Power Walk = 4 miles. I forgot to charge my fitbit this morning, didn't give me any steps on XTrain AOLM this morning. I had to add another workout to get my steps, lol.

I will be back tomorrow. Happy Hump Day, everyone.

Today I did two Cathe Live workouts, High Intensity Aerobic Weight Training with Step followed by Circuit SWEAT . The HIAWT uses the step (as a step workout) at 10" along with strength work. There are seven circuits. Five of the circuits were not a problem for me as they were controlled and low impact. Two (straddle jumps and burpees) I did at 6". I have multiple steps and risers (picked up at Goodwill) so I was able to easily change. She does give a little break at those two points as she states that she knows you might have to lower. You could easily just do one of the prior moves on the 10". This one was a good calorie burner for me. Also enjoyed SWEAT. Just used 6" on the whole thing on that one. Both are very fast paced and you need to have all your equipment ready.

Belinda, good job on your two workouts. Love AOLIH.

Diane Sue, hope you are safe.

Good jobs everyone.

Today I did Cathe Live Push Pull 40 minutes, 179 calories. I followed this with Live High Intensity Cardio Step, 45 minutes, avg. HR 131/Max 152, 352 calories. 531 calories, 85 minutes. I did add on a short post workout stretch from Fitness Blender. High Intensity Cardio Step is easy choreography. It does have jumping though. I did not do the flying jacks and just did straight up jumps.
Push Pull
legs
squats 40# barbell 8 reps then 4 reps with 3 pulses
Deadlifts 40# barbell 12 reps
Plie Squats Cathe used the 40# barbell, I used 25# dumbbells
Wide Stance Deadlift (they used the 40# BB) I used 25# dumbbells
Static lunge 15# 's I used 20's 8 reps of down 2 up 2 then singles right
single leg deadlift 15# I used a 20# 12 reps
Repeat static lunge and single leg deadlift on opposite side
Chest/Back
push ups 8 reps then 3 slow
underhand barbell row 40# 8 reps
chest fly with 15's # 12 reps
1 arm row Cathe uses two 12's I used 1 25# 6 reps of 1 slow 2 fast right then left
chest and back slow release push up 2 count up, superman 2 reps
shoulders front and back
upright row 15"S
overhead press 15's
repeat
front raise 15# dumbbell 8 reps rear delts 12's 10 reps
Triceps and Biceps
triceps dips off chair slow and quick reps curls barbell 30# Cathe I used 35# 12 reps and 1 slow
triceps seated overhaead extensions 12's # I used 1 25# 12 reps curls supinate Cathe 12's I used 15's 8 reps repeat
Core 4 sets (Cathe says 3 but there is a bonus set) full sit up, flip over elbow plank feet in in out out
Stretch

We survived the storm. Power went out and we lost internet for awhile but not bad. By the time the hail got here it was smaller. I walways worry because we have a florida room that has a glass ceiling. It is loud when it hits our skylights and the glass. The dog doesn't like to go in there when it is loud like that. There were two tornados that were smaller and some damage but not in our neighborhood. My daughter that lives by a lake had one on either side of them but none hit them. They did lose power though and my husband was calling their cell phones to let them know what the weather was doing.

Laura, thanks for the information on that workout. I had looked at it but wasn't sure if I wanted to do it or something I could go a bit heavier on. Then by the time I was done I felt I wanted the cardio :) It depends on the moves how high I want my step. I have 10 risers hear. I acquired a set when I replaced my step once, then I replaced the top later. I bought two more when we stayed at our daughters waiting for our house because mine were packed somewhere and I could only find the platform. I do not like jumping on and off a tall step. It makes my knee hurt.

Belinda, that is funny that you did another workout to get your steps. I do that though but it is when I notice that I forgot to restart my heartrate monitor or something. I will go back and redo part of the workout just so I have it registered. Maybe that is a little obsessive, I don't know. :eek: I am the same way when my Bluetooth monitor goes bonkers. Sometimes I just start the whole workout over. I have to write it all down and I get the report back from Map My Fitness at the end of the week so I want it to look good when I look at it. I know that is probably silly..

Diane Sue, I am glad that you and your family are safe.

I have to admit that I have also started a workout over from the top because I forgot to start my HRM. I think I see an OCD trend between the three of us. But there are worse things right? LOL.

Reactions: WD
Hi girls,

Yoga Body Makeover Series : D1:3. Core Power and XTrain Bi & Tric premix 1 is done.

Diane Sue - glad you all safe and sound :) Yes, I have OCD :p I few month ago, when my fitbit died, I bought another one right away.

Laura - LOL, all 3 off us have OCD :) I have to have my step count for the day.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks today. Have a great day and workout everyone.

Today was two Cathe Live workouts, Rock It Sock It NY's Eve followed by Cardio Boxing Plus
Plyo Legs.

Belinda, bad news I received notice that they could not find a library to loan out that DVD. Boo. When my HRM went out in the fall, I had my order into Amazon within minutes. For me, I need my HR and calories.

Great workouts everyone and have a great day.

Today was a cardio ab day for me. I did Cathe Live Cardio Mish Mosh 44 minutes, 302 calories, 122 avg/ 159 max heartrate. This had quite a few moves that I never cared for. The jumping over the bands is one and those running and moving dumbbells back and forth. It is probably just me. It did move pretty quickly I did Kelly Coffey Athletic Conditioning 2 workout 2 core and flexibility, 26 minutes, 100 calories. Total time 68 minutes, 402 calories.

Belinda, I try to never be without my HR monitor of some sort. I have several that I keep and will resort to if one breaks but only temporarily till the new one comes. I have two that I will use if my Bluetooth doesn't work right. It seems to do best on the top half of the battery. My favorite polar watch for accuracy needs sent in for battery change though so it is just sitting here. They don't make that model anymore.

Laura, those are both good workouts. I plan on doing todays leg workout tomorrow.

Good afternoon,

I did Jenny Ford Hawaii Step and walked.

Diane Sue - I have to admit, I am a little obsessed with my fitbit :) Besides your HR monitor do you have like a Fitbit too? I only use my fitbit. I do have a HR monitor, never use it.

Laura - Oh no...on the dvd :( Isn't Amazon great? You don't even have to leave your house. LOL! I am glad to hear I am not the only one that is obsessed with my cal, step count a.s.o :)

I will be back tomorrow. Have a great Friday,everyone.

Today was two Cathe Lives, Steptastic and Step On It. Every week when Cathe announces her next live I hope for more steady state step, no blasts. That is what I like about these two. I've done all of her step on live and I like that they are all steps that she has done in other DVD's but mixed up in new ways. With current trends, I wonder if she will ever put out an actual step DVD again.

Belinda, no you are not alone with your obsession. I think we qualify as a club. But we are Cathletes after all. Did you feel like you were in Hawaii with the walk workout?

Diane Sue, no it is not just you. I never use bands for jumping over (just use a line in my puzzle mat, honestly with my foot drop I even have problems with the mat as a marker) and I simply do not even have the room for the dumbbell run thing. When I did that workout I subbed in the shuffle shuffle drop move.

Have errands in the morning tomorrow, so planning on late afternoon weight workouts,then Sunday off.

Great job everyone and have a good day.

Belinda, no I do not have a Fit Bit or anything like that. Just my watches and transmitters. The Bluetooth transmitter doesn't need a watch. I just strap it on and use my tablet or cell phone. I have kind of wanted to try a fit bit. I keep seeing the Under Armor one that has a set of gadgets including the scale that runs about 400 for everything. I would sure expect to love it if I were to pay that much for the device. Fit Bits measure the heart rate differently than the watches with transmitters. I read up on the different types of heart rate monitors and brands. Somewhere I had a good review that I read where the reviewer wore multiple devices and chose what they thought were the best for functions and accuracy.

Laura, I have to go diagonally across the room. I do not know why instructors to moves that require so much space. Not everyone has that much room. I remember doing walking lunges right out of the room into the hallway and back before. My last home gym had plenty of room but I do not have that amount of space anymore. I think that I have done all of Cathe's step workouts. on the live workouts. I think you might be able to do the step portion of Low impact cardio and strength with /step live. It starts with the warm up and then step followed adding a riser to two risers and the do light weights like some of the Low Impact series step cardio this would go on to 32 minutes in then they do upper body work and core afterward. Just for some more step.

Hello! Yesterday was RWH Plyo Two with the step. Love that workout but it really gets me! This morning I tried to play around with my kettlebell. The cleans were giving me fits... I really banged my wrist on one hard. I think I've got it figured out on my left hand - how to make it land soft - but not on my right which is funny because I'm right handed.

I don't have much space either! I can walk out into the hallway or around the pool table!!

I had a polar watch that I wore religiously for a while and then it started jumping my heart rate all over (like 250 bpm) and I gave up on it. I should get it out and try to see if I could fix.

Doreen, I get frustrated with my heart rate monitors because they do that at times. Lately the Bluetooth has been doing pretty good. I changed the battery even though my app said it was half full and it started working right again. I think I had one day it went up to 198 but then for a few seconds it showed 0 and then went back to normal. I think it is because it lost it when I was in a plank position and was trying to get it back. I have also noticed it one starts going way off and I put it up for awhile, when I bring it back out it works. I don't get it unless it is back to learning my heart rate patterns. It is pretty much the transmitter though. I had my Bluetooth giving me a 225 heart rate one day and turned off the Polar App and used it with the Watch and it still did the same thing. I had to take it off and give that watch a break before it would work right with another transmitter that was not Bluetooth.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.