Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Belinda, I bet Hawaii was beautiful. I have pictures that my husband sent when he was there working. Good job getting through those workouts.

Doreen, we had friends that worked through tax season (he is a cpa) and they would be our late at night having dinner in restaurants through the whole season and were always having to work on it afterward. I didn't know they made adjustable kettlebells. Mine are all round. I have a range of 10#, 15#, 20#, 25#, 31#, and 35#. doubles in 15, 20 and 25. I like to pick them up for deadlifts and other moves. When Cathe does swings a lot of the time I will pick up a kettlebell.

Still been taping my feet which really helps. Today I did two Cathe Live workouts, Steptastic and Get Steppin. Live classes are shorter (which I guess is more the norm now) but for steady state (both of these are - plus pretty much low impact) I have to work longer to get my HR and calorie burn up. Been dealing with the plantar fasciitis for years. I saw in Cathe's newsletter this week she talks about it. I have very high arches in my feet which is the cause of mine. Replaced all of my inserts and with the sports tape I'll try to keep on with lower impact workouts.

I was trying to put together a rotation over the weekend. It seems so hard to do anymore. It seems like everyday I have to work around some body part that is not well. Ugh. I finally gave up. I'm just going to wing it.

Doreen, I thought a lot about Intensity today. The Get Steppin workout uses the Intensity soundtrack. At one point I started to do fast feet shuffles because the music cue came up. I love the Intensity workout, I think the step portions are killer on that one. Good job. I go crazy enough trying to do my own taxes. I would have to think that this has been a couple of stressful weeks for you. And I'm sure that they are a lot of people like me who procrastinate to the last minute. I had looked at the adjustable kettlebells, but decided to go with the regular ones. I was also unsure about the shape.

Have a friend who just got back from a trip to Hawaii and raved about it. Maybe some day for me, but I doubt it. My DH is not a beach/ocean relaxing kind of guy. He likes to be very very active on vacations. So much so, that before one we have to go into training to make sure that we can walk up to 20-25 miles a day.

Good job on the workouts everyone. Keep up the good work and have a great day.

Good morning,

Today I did Stephanie Victorino "The Utimate Body Shaper". I did both workouts since they were only 30 min each circuit style workout. The dvd also had a 10 min bonus ab, that was really good. But she only did the side planks on one side? Weird? Of course, I had to do the side planks on the other side too :) That was anther dvd I had for a few years and never done it:oops: I really liked it!

Laura, I went through a bad case of plantar fasciitis not to long ago. Mine was so bad, I couldn't walk on my heal. I had to give up stepping, running and so on. I also had a few cortisone shots, which didn't help. My advice...don't do any impact. You will make it worst. I learned my lesson, trust me :) Don't worry about HR or cal burn right now. Maybe you want to do some walking instead. Good luck!

Diane Sue - they showed me pictures from Hawaii...so beautiful. Now I want to go, lol.

I will be back tomorrow. Have a great day and workout everyone.

Today I wanted lower body and am still working through Cathe live workouts for a bit. I have done pretty much all of the lower body workouts that do not include upper. I did Hiit it Lift it Legs live, 43 minutes, 246 calories. I used the rebounder for a lot of the impact. I was surprised that this was pretty high rep for the weight work. I started out loaded up with heavier weights and ended up dropping down. Since this was not long and a lot of cardio I did live bun burner barre and ball, ball and stretch segments, 13 minutes, 41 calories. I then did Kelly Coffey Slim Sculpting Core Ab skettlebell mix stopping at the pullover sit up move, 24 minutes, 94 calories. At the end I did Chalean Extreme recharge for a stretch. Total time minus stretch was 80 minutes, 381 calories.
Lift it Hiit it legs live
3 sets squat digs at the end of warm up
@ 8:21 minutes squats with 20 # dumbbell each hand 24 reps
split jumps
notes says 1 arm 1 leg 15# single dumbbell 24 reps (I forgot the move):oops:
touch down plie
Barbell Plie squats with pulses I think Cathe was 45# I used 46# because I used my ez bar that is 11#
power scissor
alternating back lunge Cathe 10's I used 15's there are pulses in this
squat side to side lunge/ plie low jumps
Barbell wide stance deadlift I used 60# and am not sure of the reps I think they used 45#
snow angel jacks 2 sets of 10
Barbell wide deadlifts 60# then straight deadlifts 60# 12 reps
lateral skates
@23:57 minutes lateral skate
crossback lunge 20# dumbbell 15 and 1, then several sets 7 and one
ice breakers 2 sets second set add speed
barbell plie squat 41#
air jacks 3 sets of 10 reps
squats 20# dumbbells 24 reps
pop squat high reach 3 sets 10 reps
just because intermission jacks
sumo pivoting 20# dumbbell with pulses alternating sides then straight sumo 8 reps
@34 minutes Hammer punch reach 24 reps then just because jacks and 24 reps other side
Static lunge back 20's me 24 reps Cathe 15's? repeat other leg
cooldown

Belinda, I would have done the other side with the planks too. I wonder why that happened. Surely she knew better than to do one side.

Laura, sometimes it is just better to wing it when we have multiple areas that we are dealing with. Both of those workouts are pretty good choices. Some of the step workouts are much more intense with jumping on and off the step Like straddle jumps etc.. I still have a couple of the step workouts that are Hiit and Interval workouts that I have not done yet.

Today was two Cathe live boxing workouts, Gloved Up and Ready followed by Boxing with Leg Blasts. The end of Gloved Up does some upper body weights and Leg Blasts does some lower body weights.

Belinda, I'm glad you enjoyed your workout today. I've not heard of that one.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Diane Sue, we were posting at the same time. Later this week I hope to do the mix that I did editing my downloads from RWH UB and LB, but I removed all of the HI and added in bits from RWH LI 1&2. I've never tried a rebounder. Do you do the same move but on the rebounder or do you do a different move. Maybe a future present for me if it can help me modify.

Thanks for the input.

Good morning,

Baladea Slim w/Holly Perkins and Yoga Body Makeover Series " Power Weight Loss".

Laura - I really like the workouts, she packs a lot into her workouts. here is the link: http://www.amazon.com/Stephanie-Vit...ie vitorino&qid=1461253905&ref_=sr_1_3&sr=8-3

Diane Sue - maybe I didn't pay attention when she switched sides? I will review the dvd this weekend. It just doesn't make any sense :( Good job on your workout.

Have a wonderful day and workout, everyone.

Today I did Cathe live Step on It twice. It was nice and low impact and my body felt fine doing it.

Belinda, thanks for the link, I'll look it up. Maybe my library has it.

Good workouts everyone. Have a great day.

Good morning everyone This morning I did RWH Plyo one. Which just about killed me.... I had to pause twice just to catch my breath! Tomorrow the kids are off school and I took the day off so hoping to do some hiking! I hope the weather holds and trails aren't too muddy.

Today I have my grandson 5 here and needed to get to the store so I did a short workout. I did another Cathe Live that I have not done yet, Hi Low Hiit live with step, 43 minutes and a fitness blender stretch workout that I like, 9 minutes. Total time was 52 minutes and calories burned 311. I finally got out and picked up some fresh veggies and almond butter. I pick up most of the healthier items at Sprouts. Thankfully the end of next month their new store should be open right around the corner so I don't have to go so far. They were having 25% off all vitamins and supplements as well as skin and body care. The only thing is they were pretty high to begin with. I just picked up the Amazing grass, this time the ORAC antioxidant blend. Some of the Paleo experts are saying that is a favorite. I realized looking that the nutrition was so much better on that one than the energy one that I have been using lately.

Belinda, I just thought maybe when they edited they left part the workout out or something. I have had instructors miscount the reps or do the moves in the wrong order before.

Doreen, a hike sounds nice. The workout I did today was like a combo of Ripped with Hiit cardio with the step and low impact from the low Hiit workouts alternated.

Laura, I generally try to do the moves that they are doing, but on the rebounder. Sometimes there is not as much distance as I would have with jump forward back moves but, I can put more intensity in it or do it as turns. Split jumps are a bit hard to do on the rebounder. I can do them with one foot on the rebounder and one off but usually do them on the floor. I have used the rebounder for T25 speed 3.0. I pretty much have the moves I can do figured out because when I purchased the rebounder it came with the URX-MT workouts. I really love those workouts. I like my Urban Rebounder but would really like to get a Bellicon someday. The Bellicon is a bit taller though and it depends on the band strength you choose how much give it has. Also it is way up there in price. Sort of like the Cadillac of rebounders. When I first purchased it I thought it was going to make my workouts easier and I would lose intensity but I was wrong.

Laura - it's worst checking out. I went to the public Library last weekend, I need to see what they offer. This one is different than the one in town.

Doreen - Hiking sounds like a great idea. Have fun.

Diane Sue - yeah, had a few instructors miscount the reps too. LOL, I don't think I ever had one do the moves in the wrong order before? That's funny. Amazing job on your workout.

Did some various step routines from Cathe Greatest Hits and then finished with Cathe Live You Can Do Anything For a Minute (which was yesterday's class). Really loved this live workout. It reminded me of Supercuts. There are higher impact moves in it, but easily modified. Make sure to have all your equipment ready (and it uses a lot). Like Supercuts it moves at supersonic speed.

Doreen, IMHO RWH Plyo 1 is much harder than 2. 1 uses nothing but a mat, while 2 uses the step. Go figure.

Diane Sue, thanks for all the info on the rebounder. With my various problems, it will be something for me to look into.

Belinda, found some of the DVD's on the library website, but not the one you mentioned. Sometimes I have to search by different keywords to find them.

Have a great day everyone.

Hi everyone,

No workout for me today :) Taking a rest day.

Laura - hope you can find the dvd. Good job today.

I will be back tomorrow. Have a great evening.

I wanted upper body today and used Cathe Live Cardio Boxing plus Plyo Legs first 23 minutes, 150 calories, for a warm up stopping when Cathe says gloves off. It did have a lot of boxing with some quick plyo cardio. I then did Upper Body With Ball live, 51 minutes, 235 calories. I finished off doing Cathe's Yoga Max express 2, 34 minutes, 79 calories. Total time was 1 hr 45 minutes, calories 459.
Upper Body with Ball most moves are done 12 reps and all exercise rounds are done 3 times with some variations on the moves
Chest Fly 12 reps 15's, 15's, 15's third set is on an incline on the ball
Pullover 15's, 15's, 15;s 12 reps, 10 reps, 10reps
Push ups decline with ball 12,12,12 reps
Shoulder Giant set
seated overhead press 12's, incline front arc raise 8's, 5's 5's, seated lateral raise 5's,5's, 8's, smile rear fly 8's, 5's, 8's all done 12 reps
Bicep/Tricep superset
Incline curl hammer 1st set 12's, straight curls 12's, curls with a sweep 12's 12 reps for triceps and biceps
triceps extension overhead first two sets then one arm kickbacks last set 12# for all
Complex ( I hate getting down on the floor and back up sequences because it makes me feel more vulnerable to injuries)
10's down jump out push up row, row, up curl up and overhead tricep extension repeat 8 more times total 9
Giant Core
3 sets 20# oblique pulls 12 reps right then 12 left, 15 to feet over and up 10 times 2nd set then 8 3rd
switch to stability ball (I used my bosu ballast ball)
flutter kicks, lying on side pulls each side, reverse curl with ball on knees

Laura, I watched the preview of You can Do anything for a Minute, it looked like it was mostly weights with some cardio bursts. I bet it could be modified a bit. Thanks for the information on it.

Belinda, enjoy your rest day.

Doreen, I hope that you got to go on your hike. Plyo One is hard. Those off burpees are killer. I was reading an interview that Sharon Twombly had done and she was stating some things that are not good for everyone and she sees people that injure themselves doing them. She gave form pointers. I guess she is a physical therapist and works with injuries. One of the things she says is not good as we get older is all of the more popular to the floor and back up moves. I hate burpees myself and even the low impact down to the floor and back up and kick which was terribly uncomfortable with my knee issue.

Good afternoon,

Today I did Michelle Olson Perfect legs, glutes and abs. Perfect gluten and abs is divided into 2 lower body toning segments. I did both. The ab on both were tough.

Diane Sue - great job as usually.

Laura - nicely done with Step Blast.

I will be back tomorrow. Have a great weekend everyone.

Today I did Cathe Live Icy Boot camp, 48 minutes, 288 calories. HR 114 avg/148max. I liked this one. The cardio segments were not real long so it was not bad on the impact. I went pretty low on the upper body since I did them yesterday. It was a step cardio segment , a lower weight segment, and an upper segment. I felt I was not overworking upper since each of the 7 rnd was a different body part. Max weights were 15#'s. That was pretty much lower body. I wanted a bit more cardio so I did half of For the Love of Cardio Live and added the stretch at the end, 28 min, 174 calories, avg. hr. 116/ max 137 . I finished off With Tai Cheng Neural Reboot from the final week. I used to use these a lot, they really helped with my knee improving. I like how he warms up then works from the feet up to the neck. There is some foam rolling in it too. I really need to do the other half sometime too which is the Tai Chi moves. I wish Beach Body didn't charge so much for the extra set that is really just two workouts. One is the Tai Chi moves done in a much quicker flow since you have already learned them through the original set and the other dvd is Qigong.

Hallo everyone,

Sorry for not checking in yesterday. Ended up taking a rest day and enjoyed the sunshine. Took a walk this morning and did Jenny Ford step today.

Diane Sue - keep up the good work, girl.

I will be back later.

Yesterday went walking outside and did Yoga Relax. Picked out Cathe Lives to try this week.

Today was feeling strong, so I did Imax3. A toughie for sure.

Great workouts everyone. Have a great day.

Today's workout was Cathe Live you can do anything for a minute, 50 minutes, 375 calories, HR avg. 128. max 155. I previewed and wrote everything down early this morning since I heard you need to have your equipment ready. There is very little rest throughout. I wanted a bit more weight work and to check out another workout so I did Fit and Firm skipping the first 4 minutes and stopping at so the workout time was 18 minutes, calories burned 131, HR 126 avg. / 145 max. That one was really pretty light weights at 5,8,10, and a band. I finished off with Tai Cheng Neural reboot, 29 minutes, 106 calories. Total time was 98 minutes and calories burned 612 Yesterday was my rest day.
You can do anything for a minute
requires a step, barbell, hand weights, tubing with handles, and loop band,
w/u
swim lunges on step
10#'s slow squat and curl
snow boards
jacks with loop
12#'s crossback lunge with overhead press
plunge lunge
10#'s plie to overhead triceps extendions
loop front back attack
barbell deadlift I used 45# I think Cathe may have used 35#
tubing kickbacks then arms straight back palms up
high reaching pop squats 10 reps 3 X
fire walkers side 4 steps then 4 in place added
wide stance deadlifts 45# me
remove second plate for the remainder of the workout
forward leaning lunge lateral raise 5's or 8's I used 5's
5's or 8's I used 5's straddle up overhead press down then straddle up punch out front repeat both moves through a second time
Barbell 25# Curls then hold isometric and turn
Barbell or Dumbbell squats I used 15#'s They had 1 plate each side of the barbell
tubing standing lateral raise
plie jacks
8#'s circle to side lunge alternating
push up and over the step
barbell plie squat 25#
band pulls
straddle jumps on step or floor
push ups on step or floor, I did the first set with the step. the second on the floor added a shoulder tap
5# front raise adduction on the step
tripod kickback 8 or 10# I used 8#
side plank lifts
stretch

Belinda, we all need those rest days. A walk was probably nice.

Laura, I am glad to hear that you were feeling strong. I Max 3 is a good one for sure.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.