Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Today's workout was Cathe Live High Energy Kickbox, 48 minutes, 324 calories, avg. hr 121/max 156. I then did Live Strong Upper Body Express, 43 min., 184 calories. It was a good start for some upper body work. I wasn't sure till I got into it if I would do all of it but I did. Some modifications and use of lighter weights throughout till I feel I am good to go back where I was.
Total time was 91 minutes, 508 calories.
Strong Upper Body Express
Each body part is 2 exercises done twice at 12 reps and a finisher at the end warm up used 5# dumbbells
Back
1 arm row 25# then 20# ( 2 12's Cathe)
pullover 20# then 15#
T pulls with band finisher
Biceps
standing curls 17.5# each, 15# each
alternating curl with a twist 17.5# each both sets
band and 5 # curls finisher
Chest
Bench press 15# each hand, 17.5's
flys 15# each hand both sets
push up drop sets finisher 12,10,8 (I did these on my knees)
Triceps
Overhead extension standing 15#, 20# (Cathe used 2 12's)
lying extensions 10# each, 12# each
band kickbacks
Shoulders
overhead press (Cathe 15's) 5# each, 10# each
rear flies 8each , 10# each
finisher 5# each lateral raises
Core
no weight

Belinda, it is good to take it a bit easy once in awhile so the body can recover both physically and mentally.

Laura, it seems that with your diet that it wouldn't be so bad. I used to have gerd and finally was able to get off of Nexium. I used an acid/alkaline food combining program. Dairy is bad for acid reflux for sure. Do you have any problems with legumes ? I had a problem with those but I could make my own tempeh and cook with it when I was doing a vegetarian plan at one time and I was okay with that. Vegetarian just did not work all that well for me. I had more distress with that than a lot of other things and I had a hard time keeping weight on. I avoid gluten too. I don't eat grains though. I rarely eat peanuts either. They are not nuts anyway. Plantar Fasciitis is hard to deal with. I had that once and battled it for a long time. I would wear one of those braces to bed, change shoes and inserts over and over, change up the workouts, and I finally added 7/8 inch puzzle mats. I used to stand on a small foam roller to work my feet out while I dried my hair and put on make up to try to work it all out. I usually use a natural like of laundry and cleaning products from Melaleuca. I tried some Wisk not too long ago and I broke out in red patches everywhere my clothes touched me. It sounds like you have a lot of stressors. I am sure that doesn't help the ulcer. I hope things improve for you quickly.

Good morning,

Workout is done: I did Georges ST Pierre RUSHFIT " Strength & Endurance = 40 min. This one had a lot of body weight exercises.

Diane Sue - I totally agree :) I need a little brake from Cathe.

Laura - I am so sorry you and your husband are not feeling well. Sending you lots of healing vibes.

I will be back tomorrow. Happy Hump Day!

Today we are painting the kitchen a lighter shade before we put up the molding. I get all the corners and edges :p to paint. We have under cabinet lighting coming tomorrow and my husband will install that. My workout was short this morning. My knee is achy today. I think it is the arthritis. It has been raining off and on the last two days which seems to make it worse. I did Cathe live Crush it Low Impact cardio workout with an extra warm up and cool down from fitness blender. Total time was 49 minutes, calories burned 273 calories

Belinda, you are getting lots of variety with going through your workouts :)

Today we are painting the kitchen a lighter shade before we put up the molding. I get all the corners and edges :p to paint. We have under cabinet lighting coming tomorrow and my husband will install that. My workout was short this morning. My knee is achy today. I think it is the arthritis. It has been raining off and on the last two days which seems to make it worse. I did Cathe live Crush it Low Impact cardio workout with an extra warm up and cool down from fitness blender. Total time was 49 minutes, calories burned 273 calories

Belinda, you are getting lots of variety with going through your workouts :)

Diane Sue - I sure do :) Hope your arthritis isn't causing your anymore trouble. Mine acts up with high impact. That's way I say low. Take it easy, girl. What color are you painting your kitchen?

Taped my foot today and went for a nice long walk. The weather is supposed to be nice for the next several days so I will concentrate on walking.

Diane Sue, I've been on protein pump inhibitors for over thirty years. I do not have problems with legumes. The acid has actually worn out the enamel on several of my teeth. I've gone through so many tests. Both my father and his sister have Barrets esophagus. It is the next level of GERD where your stomach lining starts growing up into your esophagus. My fathers mother died from cancer of the esophagus. As for the plantar fasciitis, I have extremely high arches that cause me problems. I wear the inserts and I also work out on the 7/8ths puzzle mats. Several years ago I found on YouTube how to tape it and that helps me a lot. It sounds like you will have a great kitchen when you are through.

Belinda, you reminded me of another workout series that I have that I have not done. I had completely forgot that I have Rushfit.

DH is still broken out, but it is getting better. He was able to fix my washer yesterday. Yeah. I'm so thankful that I married a man who is mechanically minded.

Good workouts everyone and have a good day.

Boy, when it rains, it pours. Now our garage door broke. Have the repair guy here now. Not sure how long this will take today. Hopefully, I can still get in a walk later.

Have a good day.

Good afternoon,

I did a Jenny Ford Malibu Step and ab workout this morning.

Laura - hang in there, girl :) Hope your door gets fixed soon. Oh...you are welcome about Rushfit :)

Have a great afternoon everyone. I will be back tomorrow.

Today I did Cathe Live PHAT 2 workout, 45 minutes, 108 avg. hr./ 136 max, 240 calories. I then did Step on It live w/up, first two combos and end of the final all combo with stretch and stretching from Fitness blender added 52 minutes, 124 avg./ 142 max. hr., 226 calories. Total time 97 minutes, calories 523 calories.
PHAT 6 exercises alternating upper and lower 12 reps all repeated for 3 rounds (push ups are 8 reps at a slower pace)(They use two dumbbells for the moves but I just used 1 heavier on some of them)
w/u 4:55 minutes
elevated lunge 15 ea. hand, 15, 20
overhead press 12 ea.hand, 10,10
step ups 15# each hand ,15, 20
bicep curl 12# each hand, 15,15
uneven squat, 15# , 20, 20#
push ups

@ 21:23 minutes
side lunge 12 # each hand, 15,15
overhead triceps extension, 15# (I used 1 dumbbell Cathe 2) , 20#,25#
single dead lift 20# ea. hand, 20,20
upright row, 8# each hand, 8# each hand, no weight
squats 25 Ea. hand, 25, 25
pullover 20# dumbbell, 25#, 20#

Belinda, we painted the kitchen a cream color and the molding is a deep metallic grey. Not real glossy. The tin ceiling is kind of a nickel color. We also put in new lighting that is a nickel chandelier , remodeled the ceiling into one continuous ceiling instead of the box set up with fluorescent lighting, and put under cabinet lighting in.

Laura, I am so sorry about the door. I hope you can get that under control. I know that esophageal cancer happens with all of the erosion from the acid. Be careful.

Today I did Ripped with Hiit Low Impact 1 both workouts premix 2 and abs #1, 61 minutes, 416 calories. My granddaughter did not have school so is hanging with us till I take her to work at 3. We went to the store and I got stuff for the Performance Paleo Awesome sauce. I forgot cauliflower though. I ended up eating the meat on a bed of supergreens with the toppings and awesome sauce

Good afternoon,

I did Karen Voight B.L.T and Cathe XT Bi & Triceps: Premix 04 Timesaver (Rounds 1-5) + Core #1 (37:18). I been cleaning out my basement, forgot to post this morning.

Diane Sue - the color of your kitchen sounds like something I would pick :) You really got a good workout with all that paining and remodeling. I need to google the Paleo Awesome sauce. Sounds yummy! Have fun with your granddaughter today.

That's it for me today. Have a great Friday, everyone.

Went for long walks yesterday and today. Garage door is fixed and now my dishwasher is on the fritz. What a week. Bought new inserts for my walking shoes today. Taping is helping.

Diane Sue, your kitchen sounds lovely. And your dinner sounds yummy.

Belinda, I'm hoping to get back to some step next week.

Have a great weekend.

I previewed a couple of Cathe's newer live workouts yesterday and chose, Total Body Bands and Barbell, 73 minutes and adding STS Extended Stretch. Cathe does pretty short stretches at the end of the live workouts. Total time was 87 minutes and calories burned 343. This is divided up by body parts with two segments for lower body. It sort of reminds me of Power hour but has the use of the tubing and firewalkers in there too.
Lots of reps. . I previewed Thursday's ready to S.W.E.A.T but I just didn't think that I was ready for so much high impact jumping. I could modify some of it though.
Total Body Bands and Barbell- Step with 3 risers The barbell looks like my Les Mills barbell so I am going by that on what I think Cathe's weight is when she has the two sets of plates. Cathe uses green tubing and I have no idea what the strength is. I used B-lines pink that is 15# resistance
w/u 6:44
Legs
squats 35# bar
Plie squats 35# barbell
Deadlift 35# barbell
Back
dead row 35# barbell
Pullover 25# barbell
firewalker loop pulses with band around hands moving arms midline, low, overhead
tubing T pulls
@ 27 minutes Triceps
lying triceps extension and triceps press 25#
triceps dips
kickbacks with tubing and straight arm push back repeat both twice
@ 31 minutes Chest
Bench press 35#
push ups
@ 36 minutes biceps
medium plate 15# barbell with tubing , then just the barbell, then just the tubing but holding both handles in one hand and doing single arm curls.
@42 minutes legs
lunges with the large plates 10# each
barbell 15# single leg deadlift with front raise
firewalkers with loop and walking forward and back along with the laterals, loop on foot press backs then hamstring curls
@53 minutes shoulders
band pulls, lateral raise
15# barbell upright row to overhead press, then clean and press
@62 min Core
Mat and firewalker loop
@69 minutes stretch

Laura, I guess when things happen it tends to go in groups of things. We just repaired our dishwasher after a year without it working. We had to replace the control panel. I hope that the inserts help. I generally order footminders for my shoe inserts. I tried Superfeet once but they were too uncomfortable and didn't seem to help.

Belinda, I did a quick look at the link earlier. I will go back and look again because I wasn't sure what it was about.

Good evening,

I did XTrain Chest, Shoulder & Back -Premix 05 Timesaver (Rounds 1- 5)...36.30 and ICE Rock'n & Sock'n Timesaver Premixes: #4 5 Gone: 5 segments are removed to shorten the workout. - 35:31.

Diane Sue - thanks for checking it out :) Wow, your workout looks amazing.

I will be back tomorrow. Taking it easy today.

Belinda, I was looking at the guide book and premixes on Ice. It looks like there are some pretty good ones there. I looked at t he link that you posted. I really didn't see anything about prizes, unless I was not looking well. What do they use the videos for after the contests? For their organization ? Just curious. I read the history :) I found it interesting. I guess that wasn't really what I was there for.

Good morning,

Took a rest day yesterday. I wanted to do yoga, but that never happened lol. I enjoyed the sunshine instead :)Stephanie Vitorino: Body Target 60 is done. Another dvd I had for years and never done it. Why did I waited so long to do this one? Very fun and unique exercises.

Debbie - love the premixes. You should give them a try one day. The contest got extended, not one kid entered :( Weird! Their are prizes, just follow the link I posted. I can repost it later?

That's it for me today. I will be back tomorrow.

Did BM2 cardio blast this morning. Taped both feet. Heels are already tightening up. I might tape them again later and go for a walk. Weather is just beautiful. Will try out my new inserts.

I have recommitted myself starting today. I've gone back to food journaling. I've been eating too much,exercising too little.

Today I did live Circuit S-w-e-a-t doing some modifications, 48 minutes, 288 calories. HR avg114/max 146. I thought I wanted more weight work and did Ice Total Body Compound 43 minutes, 244 calories. At the end I did a Fitness Blender yoga infused stretch for 13 minutes. I think that I am going to do something low impact tomorrow and one day this week a lower body and later in the week maybe the stability ball upper live workout. I am working my way through these but there are some I think that I will pass on. I hit 50 of them that I have done in 7 weeks. Total time for the live workouts was 92 minutes and calories burned 532.
Circuit S-w-e-a-t breakdown Cathe uses two risers with the step but suggests you can use a height that you are comfortable with. I did notice several had theirs at 1 riser on each end which is where I went. weights are generally 10, 12,15 and she does pick up 8 and 5 # once in awhile and on one move she said maybe even 3#
Start with w/up and move into first cardio which is jacks and turns then back and forth across the step, (I did the jacks on the rebounder and managed to maneuver across the step) then there is plyo jacks and power 3's which I used the rebounder for
first rnd @ 7 minutes reverse lunges using the step 10's (I used 15"S) biceps curls 15's, side bend obliques with 15#
Cardio 2 power turn squats rock back, repeater knee, power 3 then repeat: jacks, plyo jacks, repeat(I used the rebounder for the jacks)
rnd 2 on bench cross back lunge 1 15# dumbbell alternating sides
@ 16:04 minutes curl press 12's#: mat swim planks on forarms, march feet in repeat; down up down on forearms to hands
cardio 3- jacks over the step (this was not as long as the other segments)
rnd 3 uneven squats off step 15# dumbbell 15 reps each side: overhead triceps extension 12# pair dumbbell; 10# dumbbell side to side wood chop
cardio 4 ( I did this on the rebounder and did a jump up step down) jump up jump down, power 7 knee up jack intermission then repeat on the other side
Rnd 4 weights marching sumo with 15# dumbbell turning while marchingthen move back the other direction; mat pushups 4 sets of 8 reps; leg thrusters sitting on step
Cardio 5 squats in a box (another shorter cardio segment)
step ups 12's# 12 reps each side; reverse flies 10's #10 reps, rest, 10 reps rest, 10 slow reps; mat for side plank raises, other side then repeat
Cardio 6 straddle jumps 2 reps then a burpee repeat 6 sets
rnd 5 1 foot on step split squat 10;s #; pullovers 15's#; butterfly sit ups
Stretch
Ice Total Body Compound
w/up
5's squat with punch out
5# side circle lunge
8's squat knee twist
8's forward leaning lunge triple fly
10's reverse lunge curl press
10's (I used 8's ) plie squat upright row/ overhead press
5's dynamic lateral raise with knee up
sumo curls 12's(Cathe starts with 10's and stops to switch to 12's)
15's squats into deadlifts
5's (I used 3's) knee up with arms circle under and up other knee up repeat
12's Bicep curls into diagonal lunge independent of each other
12# deep squat into front swing
10's cross back lunge to overhead press alternating
10's lunge, curl, squat, press; overhead triceps extensions then add in leg balance
10's single leg deadlift to front raise; kickbacks
static lunge triceps extensions 5's ( I think they used 8's)
mat for core upper moves
10# pull over knee in
10# chest fly alt leg in out then both legs in and out
push ups elbow to knee ( I pretty much lost it here and quit doing the push ups)
Stretch

Laura, that happens to me when I am trying to get well or have an injury. The diet loses priority and I am not working out as hard and expending as many calories. You will get on track. I am sorry about the foot issue going on too.

Belinda, good job on the workouts. I hope that you enjoyed the break. We all need those once in awhile.

Good morning,

I did another Jenny Ford step workout this morning. Love her workouts. I have to drop off my son's dog in DC. I watched her for a week. DS and his new bride are coming back from their honeymoon. They went to Hawaii. They loved it :)

Laura - hang in there, girl! I went through foot issue before, couldn't do anything (like stepping/high impact/running) for almost a year. You will pounce back before you know it. Do lot's of upper body workouts.

Diane Sue - your workouts are impressive, girl. Good job!

I will try to get a nice stretch/yoga workout in tonight if I don't get home to late.

Hello again all! Trying to get back into it and now shed those tax seasons pounds!! This morning I did Intensity (just the two step portions). I bought myself my "you survived tax season" present already. I got one of the adjustable kettlebells from Dicks. Maybe not the best choice as I think it may not be shaped right to do a lot of work in a racked position. We'll see. I like it much better than a dumbell for swings though.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.