Lifting like girls

In an attempt to thwart a "leg parole violation" I got my backside outta bed and did a little work. While it was not a day of "Justinian" or "Karenthian" (creative license on spelling for effect) proportions, I was able to do some things I hadn't got around to in awhile. I started with bench squats and got up to 2x4 at 205 and it felt heavy and so I thought I would stop there, but then I thought, you ladies are kicking this guys arse, and I had better "grow a pair" (so very sorry) or be content to have the lower body of the photo Karen posted (I think it was Karen's) and I did 1x4 at 215, and 1x3 at 225. I hadn't done much squatting in awhile and it showed! I also hadn't done much deadlifting in some time so I managed 4 sets between 205 and 300. Between the bench squats and deads, I did 2x10 over/under chins (left under/right over and switch second set. I followed deads with dumbbell static lunges, 3 sets and single leg calf raises 3 sets, donkey press, 2 sets and 2 sets of cable crunches, I felt good that I showed!! I'm off to an auction...really hate auctions, bore me to tears, but a friend called and wanted to meet me there and since I hadn't seen him in awhile I decided to go...what the heck, its Saturday and nothing better to do! Justine, really glad to hear the back was ok...that's always scary stuff! Hope you guys have a great time and PLEASE let hubby out of the car while you are on vacation! Karen, I had to give up barbell upright rows long ago for the same reason. Lisa, loving leg day is SERIOUSLY PSCHOTIC !!! Lib, Melissa and Roz...hope all is well! Have a terrific weekend ladies!

Yay, Tom! 300# on deads? That was definitely Justinian and Karenthian level lifting. Yeah, I'm totally psychotic for a number of reasons, only one of them being that legs are my favorite poison! I hope you didn't accidentally scratch your nose and buy a $75,000 lamp at that auction today! I've only ever been to silent auctions and I have never really enjoyed them.

Today, as promised, was another Live. This time it was Step & Pump Live (5/12/16). Second time doing this one. Fun!

Weekend waves to everyone.

Merry Monday! Chest day, 10 sets flat, 3 sets incline and 2x20 pushups to finish chest off. I added 1x35 cable crunches to the mix and I felt worked! Nothing noteworthy, didn't go quite as heavy as last week, but more sets and reps...kind of a wash. I hope this is a great week for all in Commando land and I hope my full time status is short lived! I am off to rehabilitate!! Have a great Monday everyone!

Wow Tom. When you decide to do legs, you really do legs. Great lifts.

Lisa, step and pump sounds fun (I like sj&p, if it's anything like that?)

No real news from me. Workouts are still 'metabolite training', and they're giving me some real definition. Loving them.

I'm about to order Cathe's new series - but just downloads.

Lib, Karen, Roz, Melissa - hi !

Justine, Step and Pump Live was kinda an updated SJP. The first 25 mins were steady state step and then 5 mins of nonstop intense step blasts. The last 30 mins were weights but it had more of a metabolic feel than SJP. I think you'd enjoy it! I'll be ordering the DVDs for Strong and Sweaty. I figure eventually everything will go to streaming and I'll buy Cathe On Demand but in the meantime I'll just keep my DVDs and my Lives.

Tom, you're working hard for the money! Full time is no joke when you're supposed to be semi-retired. Glad you got in a workout today. I'd say as long as you felt you worked those muscles it was not a wash at all.

Today I did a KCM video that alternates tabata cardio with tabata UB. I like this one and it was perfect for my typical no mojo Mondays.

Karen, I just checked the totalfitnessdvds weekly specials (out of habit even though I rarely buy anymore because of Cathe Live). This week many of Mindy Mylrea's DVDs are on sale, thought of you since you've done some of her 'stuff' recently. I know you've got a bazillion DVDs like I do, but just in case you're interested...

Lat day! 4x8 chins with various grips, 4x8-10 dumbbell pullovers (really felt these, I upped the dumbbells 5# each and started 2x10, but only did 8 the last 2 sets), wide grip pulldowns 4x10, and 1 armed cable pulls 3x6 (went really heavy on these and 6 was about all I had!) I finished with 1 set of side plank crunches and biked a faster than usual mile. Again off to jail...no new dentist in sight yet...fingers crossed! Have a great Tuesday Commandos!!

Ya know Tom. I had to put a shelf together this weekend. I'm pretty good with a drill. I could apply for the new dentist position, as the "driller. " You could do the official Dentist "stuff." (I don't do needles) Helping out where I can. Dr. Drillenstein. What a frightening scene! This could be a deterrent to crime. No one would be willing to go to the big house.

Last edited:
OMG, just imagining Karen and Tom working together. I'm terrified and delighted at the same time! The prison system would never be the same... I'm thinking a Netflix show could be made out of it, like Orange is the New Black, DDS edition.

Today I did Legs w/Weights and Barre Live (4/28/16).

You guys are all crazy. Tear it up today!

Between working and shopping for a teeny tiny drill, my workouts for the past two days were:
Monday -
Medium grip bench press
Incline DB flye
Standing DB shoulder press
Skull crusher
DB rear lateral raise
EZ curl
Hanging knee raise
Tuesday -
Sumo squat
DB walking lunge
Stiff legged DL
Stair calves
Thanks for the information on this program, Justine. I am so lovin' it!

Well, I tried to "wimp out" this morning. Alarm went off at 5, I thought..... I really need some more rest....didn't I JUST do legs??...I think I'm still a little sore....... you guessed it.......I reset the alarm, for 6:25...but couldn't do it, got up and did MY FAVORITE.......LEG DAY!! You Commando sisters truly motivate,,no way I would have got up if not for y'all! " Nuttin" spectacular or real heavy but did 5 sets of bench squat, 2 long sets of gob squats, 2 sets of static lunges, 2 sets of 1 leg deadlifts (staggard stance), 2 sets barbell calf raise and 2 sets of single calf raise. I finished with 1x50 cable crunches ( the longest set of these I have done). I am looking forward to work today. It will be nice to have Karen there to help with the drilling!!! (I wish!) We could have Justine teach math and chemistry and with Lib, they could groom the the college bound (afraid they are few and far between)., Lisa could handle those that are "litigious" (wanting to sue Karen and me) and Melissa could "rehab" those with injuries from their dental visits! What a team! If we find Roz, we will recruit her to conduct the weightlifting program at Rec, churning out bigger, stronger prison ladies......on second thought??? Have a terrific day Sistas!

Last edited:
Hi all. I am sorry about disappearing. My friend was murdered and I had to breathe. Haven't been working out, haven't been eating much either.

I tried to do a couple of workouts this week, and my cardio is horrible again, so going to work on getting back to where I can do RwH again.

I start training Monday for teaching at the college, then classes start the week after. so I have something to focus on for a bit.

Been busy flossing. Not had much time to workout. The thought of Karen with a drill....

In reality I seem to be stalking Tom. Lat day for me today. I think it's my favourite day. Wide grip pull ups, pull downs, pull overs, rows, reverse flyes. Then biceps ( which I'm not keen on). And abs (even less keen).

Glad you got legs done Tom. (Yes, the stalker here has legs tomorrow!)

Karen, nice choice of exercises. I'm assuming you got the 'experienced' templates? I don't get to choose flyes. Shame, because the give me such good doms. I might just sneak some in somewhere.

Lisa, that kcm workout sounds good. I like her when I'm feeling a bit meh. She gets the job done, but it never seems totally exhausting.

Hi to everyone else (too busy dating????)

Shoulder day in Missouri, 20 sets in all, starting with strict press, 9 sets, then 3x10 with side laterals, rear delt flys, and alternate front raises, 1x35 barbell shrugs, and 1x9 seated dumbbell press. I was sweating and that's good I think. Justine, I would rather you follow me than me you...leg day would be embarrassing!! Have the best day possible all, and Lib, please take care of yourself.

Happy Thursday!! Today's workout was"
2 sets incline medium grip bench press
3 sets EZ bar seated tricep extensions
4 sets dips
2 sets dumbbell upright row
4 sets dumbbell hammer curl
3 sets hanging leg raise. (these are still an embarrassment.)
Nice job everyone. Hope you are all doing well. Looks like we have to go looking for Roz and Melissa. Here's hoping Melissa lives in Hawaii. I need some snorkel time.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.