Lifting like girls

Shoulder day in ye ole dungeon and while not a deload, not 25 sets either! As usual, strict press first, 8 sets followed by my usual triplex, 2x12 on side laterals, rear delt flys, and alternate front raises, and 2x30 barbell shrugs and finished 1x12 standing shoulder press (dumbbells....like me!) I felt like I got in a good w/o. I usually do 3 sets on the triplex but did do more reps (12). I did get my phone, but it took 2 hrs on the landline with tech to set it up and still needs work...weekend in the city project! Bout got this week, 3/5 conquered! Have a great Thursday all!

Karen, sometimes all it takes are a few good exercises to get the job done! Great leg workout yesterday. Is it smokey and firey in your area? We keep getting wildfires, one after the other, up here.

Tom, way to show up on leg day yesterday! The butt burn meter is all that matters (well, besides being safe, but ya know). I prefer dumbbells for shoulder press too. Gentler on the elbows! What kind of phone did you get? We're android people here because my DH demands it! (and I couldn't care less!)

How's everyone else?

Since I last posted, I've done XTrain Burn Sets Bis and Tris as well as Chest Shoulders Back. I also did a KCM 30 minute plyo workout for some cardio.

Good evening everybody. Yes Lisa, it is smokey and firey here. This time of year, it's dry as an old bone, and the fire season begins.
I love XTrain, one of my favorites. Good music, and great workouts. Glad you got your phone, Tom. Nothing worse than being without a phone. Last time we renewed our contract, I wanted to try the new Samsung (is that how you spell it? it looks weird) everyone at work loves their Samsung. But, I ended up with an Iphone upgrade. I'm with you Lisa, I could care less. As long as I don't have to send smoke signals, or use a telegraph, I'm good. DB shoulder press here, too. Showing my elbow some TLC. Yesterday, and today :
Wed.
1 Arm DB Row
BB Bent row
Wide Grip Pull-up
Incline DB curl
DB side Lateral raise
Today
Incline Medium Grip Bench Press
EZ Bar Seated Tricep Extensions
Dips
DB upright row
DB Hammer Curl
Hanging Leg Raise.
I've been using the basic diet from Renaissance Periodization. It's about 1800-2000 calories a day. I hate to think how many calories I was eating before. I feel like I'm eating like a bird.
Well, ladies and gent, I came home from work today at 2:00pm. It was fabulous!! Think I will do it again, next week. Have a good one!

Hi everyone. Today will be the last day of training, it's been going great. I enjoy my colleagues, and look forward to the semester. I still cannot believe I am teaching college, this has been my dream for so long.

I need to get back on track with my workouts. I am probably going to look at condensed versions of ice and xtrain to get back into cardio again. My schedule allows me to workout in the mornings. Which is very helpful for me. This week has been intense, so haven't worried too much about it, but I am walking all over during breaks and lunch. It is not enough, but it is better than nothing.

I have to finish my syllabus by tomorrow at 11 am. Have to get the hang of se back in shape took the long hours has made the kiddos forget there are chores. Lol

Does anyone have a rotation for either (both) ice or xtrain that is shorter than the standard schedule? If I can keep at it, I might just keep getting up at 5 and workout then....but...I treasure my sleep :)

I overslept the alarm this morning by 22 min...I usually wake up long before it goes off! I guess I needed it so I had to hurry abit on arm day. Pretty much a normal w/o for me, sets of 3, skc/dumbbell curls, tri pushdowns and today/ez bar curls (yay)and kickbacks/ conc curls. I added 1 set of 21s at the end. I just used the same weight for all the dumbbell stuff (except 21s) and just did longer rep sets on skc and kickbacks and really limited rest time between sets since time was a little shortened. It's FRIDAY!!!! Do your things and have a great weekend everyone!

Karen, I have a Samsung Galaxy phone. I really do love it. I'm sure I'd like an iPhone too. I'm with you, as long as I can make phone calls, text, and check the Internet. I don't care beyond that. Great workouts. Are you enjoying your program still? I shudder to think how many calories I eat on a day to day basis, but yeah 1800-2000 would probably seem low to me too! Proud of you for sticking to your shorter days at work! :)

Tom, sometimes sleep is what you need. You still got some great stuff in today. I had an LG phone in the past and liked it. Definitely getting all your contacts, apps, etc, on a new phone is a total PITA!!!

Lib, should we call you Professor now? It's hard to figure out the workout routine when you jump into a new schedule but once you get into a groove you'll figure out what works for you. You've sooooo got this!

Hi to Melissa and Justine and Roz!

Today I did Boxing, HiiT Blasts, and Core Live (8/11/16) and of course it was the best thing ever because all I do is gush over these Live workouts. Karen, I think you'd really enjoy getting back into the Live workouts, especially the leg routines. I find it hard to get into a rut because of the wide variety of Lives available.

Hi all!
Sorry, I've been mia. It's been chaotic here. I'm running round after my dh, who is still immobile (in a sense it makes it easier- he can only create a mess in one are). Lisa, I don't know how you cope with the little ones!
Yesterday we had a wedding in one of our barns/ field. It was lovely. A real old fashioned country event, including traditional games (coconut shie, skittles etc). I'd spent the week moving the sheep into another field and then mowing and generally trying to tidy the place up.
I've still been working out. I'm on my third meso of the physique programme. It's all high rep stuff (over 100 reps of sumo squats yesterday in just 4 sets _ow).
Karen, I've finished my second RP cut, and am going to hang out around this weight for a while, then mass over Autumn/winter. Like you, I've realised quite how much food I was eating before! Anyway, I'm now supposed to be increasing my intake back up to my maintenance level. I'm down 7 kg since I started RP! I'm at the lower end of my healthy range now- perfect for massing!

Tom- so much cardio.mim impressed. I've been inspired to pull out my old rowing machine....not that I've done much on it, but it's out and working.

Lisa, have you ordered the new workouts yet? I haven't got round to it. Yet another thing on my to do list.

Lib, what a major achievement. You've earned it though, with so much work and dedication.

I've a non workout day today, but the weather is lovely, so I may go for a really long walk.
Xx to all

Lisa, I have a student who did, that's when it hit me!

I did some dancing last night......then today tried ICE RSK....I am so out of cardio shape again....ugh!! Very disappointed in myself.but I am going to get back on track!

So the dating scene-Richard and I have had a lot of fun- but one of his friends referred to me as "the flavor of the month" and his response was the ending result. I have too much self respect, and too little time to play the games he was starting up.

I went through it with an attorney last night. Who lied to me about his age, by 10 years. Not so much of a deal breaker on age, but between lying to me, and then the maximum three word response to every question.....I left about a half hour in.

I do have a date Wednesday with Jason. We are both super busy, so have been texting and emailing a lot. We seem to have a lot in common, so I am looking forward to meeting him finally.

So that is the update on the pains of dating.....now I remember why I stopped! Lol

Wow lib!!! Sounds like your kicking butt in the dating scene. I have friends that went through an online dating service. Every guy they met, was unemployed. Just play it as it comes. If it's a free dinner and maybe a movie, so be it. But then again, it's been so long since I dated, I don't know how it works any more. Totally foreign to me. So if my rambling is irrelevant, just ignore me.

Today I combined chest and tris and wow, what a difference on tris when pre exhausted! I did 10 sets of flat bench and was able to go heavy, 3 sets of inclines, then 3 sets of skc's and 3 sets of pushdowns. I had to drop 10# on pushdowns and my tris were screaming...luv it! I have trouble getting any doms on bis and tris, but tomorrow I will combine back and bis and see if pre exhausting works...hope so! Justine, hope hubby gets better soon to help out,,,,I think?? May Monday be kind to all Commandos! Great work soldiers!!

Justine, hi there! You've been missed but obviously very busy. Glad you're fitting your workouts in. Are things slowing down for you now? I can't recall, did your DH need to have knee surgery again or is this just a very long, slow healing injury? Hopefully your nurse duties come to an end soon! I haven't ordered the new series yet, either! So weird for me. I usually preorder on the first day possible. I just never seem to have an opportunity.

Lib, starting STS again? STS is definitely a great motivator to stay consistent! I love Meso 1. I hope your class went well today and that teaching goes super-duper-fantastic tomorrow! Like Karen, I just can't fathom the dating scene today. I am fortunate to be married to my high school sweetheart, my boyfriend since we were 16! I really don't have any experience searching for that special someone as an adult so don't listen to any of my advice! ;)

Karen, what's going on for you today?

Tom, pre-exhausting the muscles will definitely burn you out! Cathe does that in her Slow & Heavy weight training series and it's a killer. I'm the same way in terms of being hard to reach DOMS status with tri's. Sounds like you're on the right path!

Today I did Circuit Max. My right foot is talking to me. I hate my feet.

Back and bi day for me, chin ups x10x10x8,lat pulldowns 3x10, pullovers x10x10x8. For bis, dumbbell curls 3x8, hammer curls 3x8, conc curls 3x8 and 1 set of ez bar curls 1x8. I didn't feel any discomfort on the ez bar curls and did use a fairly heavy weight for the end of the w/o, so that is good news! I think I like this doubling up stuff! Even though I usually do less sets, I feel more fried pre exhausting and I hope by hitting things 2x/week I will see results! ( Tomorrow I am going to TRY to combine legs and shoulders (already hurts...a lot!!) I have a meeting in KC but don't leave until 9 so I have more time for the w/o. Off to rehabilitate the less than righteous!! Have a great Tuesday Lades!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.