Lifting like girls

Oooh. Spas. I'm liking the sound of that....can we add st George to our road trip?
I've no idea where it is, but it sounds good!
I've just finished reading bill bryson's book about the Appalachian trail - learned a lot about US geography. Lol

Anyway, today I did AOLIH.
Get me and my cardio.

Hi everyone! Do you guys mind if I join your check-in group? I seriously need some accountability and Liberty, I just read your success story: girl, you are amazing!!!! I need someone like you to motivate my lazy butt :)

Welcome!
Just beware, they're all crazy. Really.
Me, I'm totally normal...

You're right, though, lib is inspiring, and such a wonderful role model. She's so busy, but gets it all done.

What sort of workouts are you doing?
I'm currently doing a body building / physique programme with Cathe thrown in for cardio and fun!

Welcome Melissa!!! Aw thanks! I owe all my success to this group!!

Omg! Justine!!! You crack me up!

I want the cute workout clothes! But, not until I drop another size!

I didn't workout yesterday. When I did upper body, I must have pulled something. I felt my back getting sore, and stretched a lot between sets, but it wasn't enough. After all night between ice, hot baths, hot pad, and finally just trying to sleep, it was a little better. There was no way I was going to workout yesterday morning....was going to try for last night....but didn't get home until about 930

Yes, the prof was a fun date.....but it's been an interesting weekend.....

Richard and I talked some on Saturday, he wanted to know if I wanted to spend Sunday together. All day....and start off by meeting his mom. Honestly, I wasn't sure. So I talked to a good friend who told me duh, you really like him, go for it! So I talked to another friend....who basically said the same thing....so I talked to another friend...see the pattern??

By the fourth friend (who is always honest and a booty buster) I began to think I have talked to my friends about Richard....and come to realize he was the only one I ever mentioned by name to any of them...anyway, this friend just asked me if I was bringing anyone to the beginning of the semester departmental dinner event, without hesitation I told her I was going to ask Richard. Then she laughed. I have never brought (or considered bringing) anyone to any job or school function-other than my kids.

Then we talked about my kids.....and I realized I have actuallytalked about him some to my boys, including his name.

So, I met his mom yesterday. She really nice. We had a great visit. Then she told me to come over anytime, then grabbed my hand and said, "I would really like to visit with you again."

Then she told him he should consider Saturday. Which later turned out to be an approval to bringing my to meet the rest of his family, at a reunion. He did invite me. Also invited me on a four day float trip with his friends.
So, um, yeah.....I like him.
And he said he would go to my departmental dinner. :)

I am going to see my friend, Jessica today. Taking the boys swimming. Then picking up the keys to the communications building, and getting my picture taken for the staff wall! It's really official now! I am so very excited about this new opportunity!!

I'll pretend I didn't hear that Karen ;)

I looked at the green valley spa. Yup. Sign me up. Looks like heaven, and I need a bit of r&r.

Talking of which.....Richard sounds promising, lib! I always know when my DD is keen on someone, as I hear their name that little bit more frequently. Anyway, you've met his mum. You're practically family!

Today was upper body- pull ups (supposed to be weighted, but I just couldn't), DB bench, o/h press, side lateral raises, rows. I completed my prescribed sets of each, then tacked on drop sets for each exercise. Just because. Then abs - hanging leg raises. Why did I chose those on the same day I picked pull ups?

Cathe's new series sounds intriguing. I may get the downloads. I didn't bother with ice, and I don't have ripped with hiit either (although I tried them when I streamed), but this lot sound fun. Anyone else thinking of pre-ordering?

I'll pretend I didn't hear that Karen ;)

I looked at the green valley spa. Yup. Sign me up. Looks like heaven, and I need a bit of r&r.

Talking of which.....Richard sounds promising, lib! I always know when my DD is keen on someone, as I hear their name that little bit more frequently. Anyway, you've met his mum. You're practically family!

Today was upper body- pull ups (supposed to be weighted, but I just couldn't), DB bench, o/h press, side lateral raises, rows. I completed my prescribed sets of each, then tacked on drop sets for each exercise. Just because. Then abs - hanging leg raises. Why did I chose those on the same day I picked pull ups?

Cathe's new series sounds intriguing. I may get the downloads. I didn't bother with ice, and I don't have ripped with hiit either (although I tried them when I streamed), but this lot sound fun. Anyone else thinking of pre-ordering?

I'm thinking about it, too. Looks very promising!

LOL the crazier the better!! I love it already ;)

Justine, I just started the XTrain w/ LIS 90-day rotation today and I'm adding in blizzard blasts from ICE on the shorter days. Hopefully I will make it through the whole thing! I was really great with my workouts before, then grad school hit and I kinda slacked off...a lot. I graduated last summer and finally started working out consistently this spring; I completed the first 2 phases of ICE and was really missing the heavy lifting so I decided to pick up XTrain again. I was thinking of pre-ordering the new series too but I just dropped $$ on the Fit Tower (I kicked myself for not getting it the first time around). Nice workout today, that sounds tough!!

Lib, sounds like Richard is a catch!! How long have you guys been dating? I'm just getting back into the dating scene; all I have to say is UGH! Haha ;) how's your back feeling? Are you teaching?

Tom, LOL oh no Commando Zone sounds intense! I may need to hide in the corner!

Karen, that spa sounds amazing. I've never actually been to one. That's def on the to do list!

Today's workout was XTrain Burn Sets chest/back/shoulders and the Blizzard Blast timesaver premix from ICE Metabolic Total Body. I'm definitely NOT a putting up the same weights I was the last time I did XTrain. It's a work in progress I guess!

Melissa, welcome! It's always great to add to our gang of nutzos! In terms of who's craziest, I vote Tom because he spends most of his time in prison. (He's a dentist for incarcerated souls, although he does get thrown into cardio slacker prison on occasion.)

Lib, how's your back doing today? What a whirlwind romance you and Richard are enjoying. Getting approval from your good friends is huge, talking about him to your kids is huge, meeting his family is huge. You must be so busy getting the kiddos and yourself ready for back to school!

Karen, THIS is why I asked you...never heard of Green Valley Spa, only Red Mountain Spa. Green Valley looks better. Now to figure out when I can actually get my booty there. Today was your first day of RP, correct?

Tom, you also slack on cardio. Can't deny the truth! :) Hope you had a good Monday!

Justine, I've got ICE but haven't done it yet...long story, and partially due to my "All I Wanna Do is Cathe Live" rotation. RWH is definitely not a favorite...mostly 'meh' with a couple of gems, like the UB Circuit, Low Impact 1, Bonus Abs 1. I am sooooooooo going to preorder the new series. Many of the workouts are based on some of the tippity-top, best of the best Live workouts, particularly PHA Training and Total Body Giant Sets.
Today I did Low Impact Circuit. Gasp! I actually used a DVD. I wasn't really feeling it this morning so at least I got something in.

Hey everybody! Yes, today was my first day of RP. I can tell, I'm gonna like this. This morning was Mark Lauren's strength workout. When RP gets into high gear, I think the Mark Lauren will be on the back burner. I too have ICE, but as yet it remains unopened. Left work at 4:00pm today. I can tell, I'm gonna like this. That's about all for me today, so more tomorrow. I'm out.

Hey all..."nuttin" here. Took son 2 and grandkids on a pontoon boat and did a little fishing..well a,lot of fishing but only a little catching! Great for me cause I love to fish, but just don't like to eat them. so it was perfect! May make this week a deload, we really didn't seem to have a place or time to lift while we were here so a deload sounds like a good excuse! Karen, that RP sounds intense as it progresses. You, Justine and Roz are braver than me! Meliffy, Lisa is our resident "cardio queen". She has placed me on "cardio probation" several times...just can't seem to get that stuff done! Hope Monday was good for everyone. Once again, welcome aboard meliffy 18!

Hey everyone! Quick check in for me today: today is my rest day. I usually take them on Tuesdays cuz it's my 12-hr day...BLEH! Things got a little hairy at work this AM when a patient showed up for her appointment 2 hrs early and threw my whole schedule off, but I got everyone done within a reasonable amount of time. This afternoon I'm working in our other office and the aide who's covering doesn't know much (she doesn't even know how to answer the phone) and never participated in training. Yeaaaa it's just me and her tonight. Should be interesting! Maybe I should've stopped on break to pick up that bottle of wine....

Have a great day guys!

Melissa- XTrain is my favourite Cathe series! I've not done the rotation with LIS, however. I don't often do afterburn...
Anyway, one rule of checking in with us is that you tell us all about any dates you go on. My only romantic excitement these days is hearing lib' stories about her dates!

Lisa, that's a good recommendation for Cathe's new series. I'm in! I agree with you about there being a couple of gems in rwh. That UB circuit is tough.

Tom, it was leg day for me today....I'd rather be catching fish with you! Walking lunges, close stance squats, deadlifts, hip thrusts and calves. High reps- killer. Then for some inexplicable reason I decided to feel the burn with Cathe's 'great glutes'. I may never walk again.

Karen, don't underestimate RP. Week 1 is easy. Kind of introductory. Week 3 is where the fun starts. Week 4 is exhausting! I'd be interested to know what exercises you chose.

Lib, any more news ???

Ok, off for a soak in Epsom salts....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.