Lifting like girls

Hey all!! Did a Mindy Mylrae program, last night. Gliding discs. Reminded me, somewhat of a HoCo program. Lots of moving and gliding, using the core. Lots of functional "stuff." Did about 45 minutes. Felt it everywhere. Fell asleep in front of the TV. When the alarm rang this am, I could have slept another 4 hours. Exhausted and I felt the workout everywhere. I really enjoy functional movement. Well, maybe not "enjoy," but it works for me.
Congrats to your daughter, Justine! Enjoy the day! Good for you, Tom. Getting a workout, even if it wasn't in the morning.
Hey, Lib, Roz and Lisa. Hope you are all well!

Yesterday was back day at midnight!...man, my son is crazy! Did 4x10 heavy pulldowns, 3x10 heavy low lat cable pulls, 3x10 wide end pulldowns, 1x10 some kind of machine pull, and 3x10 single arm cable pulls. I did 2 sets of inclined sit ups to finish. It was nice to be able to put my knees under something to hold me down and that allowed me to go heavier on pulldowns than at home...I am limited there by being able to stay down. At home I sit on a declined bench with legs in front and as it gets heavier, it tends to pull me off the ground. We were going to Sea world today, but wife caught a cold and it is really hot and muggy, so probably a no go! Have a great day all!!

Hey Tom, you're working out in the morning. Really early morning.
Hadn't thought about it that way Karen...already feeling better!! We get home, son 2 wants to drink a beer...AFTER a Protein shake?? I remember how much I enjoyed drinking a beer with my dad though, so it was good by me! Karen, all the hoco, bodyweight stuff you do is facinating, and Justine, 2 hours gotta suck!! You guys continue to imoress! Lisa, Lib, Roz, how you guys doin!!!

Leg day was different...no squats, in fact, almost nuttin was the same!! We used the hip sled for squats..that was different! Son 2 went up to 700#, the "ole man" stopped at 470. We did some calf raises on the same machine, then I did some static lunges with dumbbells, 2 sets ( guess that was normal). Then I did some straight leg deadlifts with a 105# kb, also 2 sets, and finished with some toe raises on a seated calf machine, some single leg calf raises, and a short set of hyperextensions, with 2 sets of ham curls....I was " fricken fried"!! Strange leg day for me, but it hit things in a very different way and I think that is good! We will see if I ever walk again! I'm such a weenie compared to my Sistas 2 hour leg w/os,( y'all know who I'm "talkin bout"), but It felt good to be a little punished! Karen, we know the warrior you are so no apologies needed! It is pretty quiet in Commando Land, I hope that means everyone is busy with life only, nothing disastrous!! Make this day the best my friends!!

Tom, I'm likin' the sound of that leg workout. Love hitting the legs in different ways.
Doesn't a protein shake with a beer chaser curdle???

Karen, that mindy myrela(?) must be tough if it left you wiped out.

Worst day over today - 6 sets sumo dls, 6 sets stiff legged dls, 6 sets front squats, 6 sets feet forward close stance squats. Then 7 sets calves. All 8-14 rep range. Yuk

Graduation was lovely (except for the presence of my ex-husband, but I guess he contributed his genes, if not the upbringing). I behaved, though!

Lisa, lib, Roz hi!

Tom, I'm likin' the sound of that leg workout. Love hitting the legs in different ways.
Doesn't a protein shake with a beer chaser curdle???
Justine...just hearing that w/o makes me hurt...I feel bad about complaining about mine!!! Wow..good on ya!!
Karen, that mindy myrela(?) must be tough if it left you wiped out.

Worst day over today - 6 sets sumo dls, 6 sets stiff legged dls, 6 sets front squats, 6 sets feet forward close stance squats. Then 7 sets calves. All 8-14 rep range. Yuk

Graduation was lovely (except for the presence of my ex-husband, but I guess he contributed his genes, if not the upbringing). I behaved, though!

Lisa, lib, Roz hi!

Hi, friends!

Karen, I'm with you. This week has been crazy. I have the luxury of having one boss that can be occupied by a nap and another boss that can be occupied by My Little Pony videos, so I have crammed in workouts. It's been a while since you've taken a recovery week, no? Guess this can qualify! I think Mindy Mylrea is very unique but I have a really really REALLY hard time getting over her voice and personality. A bit too perky for me. Hope things calm down for you.

Justine, congrats to your DD on her graduation! You must be one proud momma. I think you've earned an extra rest day with your 2 hour workouts. Ouchie is all I could think when I read your most recent workout.

Tom, your son is a machine! Is he the one that got you interested in lifting, or was it something he watched you do as he was growing up and took it on for himself? I like what Karen said: midnight = early morning! :)

Lib, Roz, hey!

So, can't remember when I last reported my workouts so here is a rundown.
Mon = XTrain Chest Back Shoulders Burn Sets
Tues = Lift It Hiit It Legs Live
Wed = PRS1
Thurs = XTrain Bis and Tris Burn Sets + Crush It Low Impact Live

It's been a good week on the workout front. Just a bad week with the rest of life! How's that for balance? Ha! Take care everyone.

Lisa, I totally agree with you about Mindy. I remember doing one of her Bootcamp DVDs. She spoke like she had about 12 cups of coffee before filming. It was just over the top hyper. I did that workout once, that's all I could take. She has been teaching and presenting for over 35 years, so she knows her "stuff," but, depending on your personality, and how much perkiness you can stand, she can drive you, eyes roll back in your head, bat sh!t crazy. Maybe the fact that she is getting older, (or I'm getting older) she seems to have calmed it down a bit. I have to say, this DVD is very good. Sounds like you've had one of those weeks too. I just have to go with the flow these days. Too old to get twisted into a pretzel. Does no good anyway. Take care. Hope the rest of your week is fantastic!

Last night was shoulders and again, it was different. Did start with militaries, but fewer sets. Then we did some of his new favorites...don't know what they are called, but weight on only one end of an oly bar and press the heavy end up with the unweighted end down. Then I did my normal complex of side laterals, rear felt flys, front raises, while he did other stuff. I then did a couple of sets of dumbbell presses and we finished with shrugs, I did 225 but without my grips the hold was the hardest part although the chalk did help, son 2 Went to 275. We then did some more shrugs with heavy kbs, using 105s first, then I dropped to 85s for the second 2 sets. I finished with some cable side laterals and these were great finishers...steady pressure thru the whole rom, but really light. Son 2 finished with tris, doing pushdowns and close grip bench. Lisa, both my sons were really into sports and I stressed lifting big time if they wanted to excel, but the younger one loved the weight room almost more than football, and spent a lot of time there. He is just getting back into it after quite a few years off and is really making gains quickly...no fun lifting with THAT guy, he is going to kill me!!! Congrats on the good w/o week! Karen, I know what you mean, I am more tolerant..most of the time. Not sure if it's age or just the fact I am retired and less stress in my life! ( sumpin to look forward to fer ya)!! Hope all are well!!

Tom, the move you describe sounds like landmine presses. Dean Somerset is a big fan of landmine stuff, so I did a lot in my last rotation. Great for the core!
I've not tried cable lateral raises, for some reason. I'm going to sneak a few in next week.
Your son sounds crazy strong. Karen's right about being pushed to heavier weights and new exercises by others. I have you lot to keep me on my toes!

Lisa, great mix of workouts. I'm never really sure how you find the time or energy with your two little handfuls!

Lib, good to hear from you. So glad you had a great time.

Upper body for me today. Another doozy. Lots of 6-sets of stuff. I've got one more workout in this meso cycle (tomorrow), and then a deload. Sounds good, but I'm also going to be doing a 6 week cut. In preparation to mass. If that doesn't sound too illogical! Slightly dreading knuckling back down to the precise eating.

Hope you're safe and well, Roz.

Have a great weekend all.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.