Lifting like girls

Justine! "Will I fart?" Lmao!! Not sure re ant there, but everytime I have used the gym in the hotel, I have been the only person who was in there. And yay on the delt info! Thanks!

I am finally half way through week 7!!!! I will take measurements at the end of next week. I can't believe I am almost 2\3 of the way through the Xtrain rotation!!

What if I fart? Better not sumo deadlift.....

Go ahead and fart, Justine. Most likely you will be the only one in there. Most hotel gyms I've seen, only wish they had a barbell, and the dumbbell selection was pathetic. Maybe I should stop staying at Motel 6. Find a gym, and pay for a three day pass. Definitely wear your lifting belt. You're a COMMANDO!
Have a great weekend!

Good Morning, fellow commandos!

Today is chest, back, and shoulders. I love weightlifting. But Greg on the Xtrain dvd's drives me nuts. I just start laughing whenever they pan to him. His form is not good, and his warm up is less than half hearted. It just bugged me worse this last week.

Justine, how was the hotel gym. Did you fart?

I heard that Greg was just getting over the flu, when they were filming XTrain. I only heard that because others were complaining about him. I agree his half-assed effort bugged me too. But, if he was not feeling well, I can understand.

Karen, thanks for that information. That makes so much more sense!! Knowing that it won't drive me nuts anymore.

Oh.....I have a blind date tonight. hmmmmm.......He's 51, 6'3'' and is driving an hour to come see me. He likes sushi, camping, kayaking, and so far has a great sense of humor. We both wanted to talk and pics before we agreed to anything. :) he's handsome. And he can dance!!! Shame on me, I'm looking forward to this one.

Lib, oooh, have a great night! Here's hoping this one isn't a jerk who is married, grrrr. He sounds like fun and so tall! No shame for looking forward to it! I agree that Greg should get some slack for having the flu during filming, but Greg seems to half-ass things in STS, too and without a good excuse...unless Karen knows something I don't know (which is very very likely, ha!). I've just never been a Greg fan. Al, on the other hand, is a huge favorite for me!

Tom, why don't you get yourself into one of Cathe's videos? You wouldn't go half-ass as you are always full a... oh wait, that doesn't sound very good. You know I'm just playing you, my friend. :) Hope you're loving the family time. I picture you and Justine both going solo in your respective hotel gyms.

Justine, you're hilarious! I'm just glad to know I'm not the only one who cuts the cheese during workouts...one of the main reasons it's imperative to workout at home alone!!! How's your trip? Happy belated Canada to your Canadian living sister. You're nice, I wish I was by nature more jovial. I try to make things as lively as I can but I do have my moments of tears. But, yeah, that's why I appreciate Cathe Live so much because it is really just a good, fun workout party.

So, since I love a party, I smartly (NOT) did Total Body Giant Sets Live (6/30/16) this morning. Yesterday I did Hard Strikes Low Impact Boxing Live which includes compound weight work, so I had DOMS from that, and then layer on my RWH DOMS and, whoa. Today was killer. Maybe the hardest Cathe Live workout that I've done yet? Of course you guessed it, I loved it! I need to try it out again when I don't have pre-existing DOMS.

Karen, definitely avoid the Motel 6. You've earned an upgrade to at least a Super 8. ;) Hope you have a fun time planned for the 4th. Are you a Stadium of Fire fan? I read that Tim McGraw was the star this year. I do love me some Tim McGraw.

Have a great weekend!

Wow Lib! I'm looking forward to hearing about this one! Have fun!
I'm also not a Greg fan, Lisa. He was always doing a heavy set of mirrors in STS. Yes it is Tim McGraw. But, I haven't been to Stadium Of fire for years. I hate trying to get out of the place when it's over.

Oh, and can I have some crackers with that cheese?

Karen

Last edited:
Well that cup of coffee lasted two hours. :) He is handsome, tall, intelligent, and funny. And respectful! He was running late so he let me know (he lives an hour away) 30 minutes before we were to meet that he was running late, and set a new time :)
I laughed a lot, he held great conversation.
Then we went outside and talked longer. Then he realized he locked his keys in his truck, and turned into a modern day Macgyver! He taped my tent pole to a tent hook, and managed to get his keys through a cracked window. Then thanked me for helping him break into his truck. :)

I hope he asks me out again. I would like that.

Nathalie, sorry to hear about your injury! I hope you heal quickly and that it's not too serious. Tom's posts are always good for a laugh, feels like you've done an ab workout while reading. :)

Thanks Lisa for your kind words. Yes I did have an ab work reading Tom post LOL
My shoulder is getting better. I had a MRI and apparently there is nothing too serious.
I am still in a lot less pain and need to regain full mobility before lifting moderate to heavy.

So just cardio for now:)

Lib, glad the date was great! You deserve some fun, and I think dating qualifies (as I remember it)! Lisa, Cathe would have to have a "nursing home edition" to feature me!! Today was chest day for me. I am moving things up a day as we leave Thursday for FL (driving) and I want to finish my week off at home...will figure out the FL w/o routine when I get there...I never have a plan anyway!!! Today I did 15 sets of flat bench, 3 sets of inclined bench, 1 long set of dumbbell curls, a long set of hammer curls, a long set of standing dumbbell shoulder presses and 2 sets of cable crunches to finish things off. On bench and inclined bench, lots of long sets on the way down,119 reps in all. but nothing pr worthy, shooting for some hypertrophy work. Nathalie, glad the MRI didn't show it to be serious, hope the recovery goes well! I hope all Commandos have had a great weekend!

This morning (early) was Mark Lauren, bodyweight. This evening will be HoCo. Think I will start with volume 1. I'm starting my cut, so throw me a rope, I'm going in. Have a great day, everyone. A great holiday to all my American friends!
Justine, was the hotel adequate? Did you find a great gym? Did you.............wear your lifting belt?

Happy 4th All..(sorry Justine" bout" the colonies and all!!) Today was back with a little shoulder work thrown in. The only real notable was that I did do 3 sets of chin-ups, x10x8x8 and experienced no pain in elbows! Did heavy lat pulldowns, 1 arm cable rows, right, then left. then 2 hands and did 3 sets of these. I finished with 3 long rep sets of dumbbell shoulder press. Karen, sounds like you are reentering the "eye of the tiger"!! Got "jollies" on the belt question". Justine, I hope your recent hotel stay did not adversely impact the environment!! Keep on "keeping on" Commando Sisters!!

I'm also not a Greg fan, Lisa. He was always doing a heavy set of mirrors in STS

LOL! I kiss my biceps when I do a curl, is that the same thing? ha! It's baaaaack! HoCo and Mark Lauren. You are gonna feel this one for sure! I love that you do this combo and kick your own ass on a regular basis. Good luck with the cut. That's always the hardest thing for me because I love cookie butter and nut butters way too much. Yeah, I hear ya on Stadium of Fire. The crowds always killed it for me. I always hated it any time there was a football game at that stadium. Traffic was awful and the people were crazy!

Tom, glad to hear that your elbows are treating you right. You got a great workout in! What are your plans for the 4th?

Justine, Roz, how are you ladies?

Lib, did you kill it on Super Sets today?

I did Lower Body Burn Live (4/23/15) today. My glutes are very upset with me right now. Then we went to a pool party and barbeque. I have to go to the grocery store because I'm lame and do things like go to the grocery store on holidays. After that we'll hang out and watch fireworks on TV. I get fearful about driving on the 4th because of drunk drivers.

Leg day done!! Kind of abbreviated but done. 6 sets of bench squats, 3 sets of dumbbell static lunges, 3 sets of barbell calf raises and 3 sets of single calf raises. I planned on doing deads, but after the static lunges, 205 felt awful, everything felt beat up, so I did 2 lousy deads at 205...what a joke!! ! Brownie point for leg day minus 1 point for dead effort..just wasn't there today! On a happy note, I broke the 190 barrier this morning...haven't seen that since sts!!! May have to cut someday but for now....enjoying the poundage! Get some iron sistas!!

No I didn't, Tom. I didn't even put it in. I know. Our a/c wasn't working right, and I couldn't deal with the heat and humidity. Discovered my son, had turned the back one off, and the front one can't do It alone, esp with these temps.
I will be back tomorrow.

So, the guy started pushing for skinny dipping, thought he was joking, but not so sure. So have stopped replying.

But, been talking to another person, he actually gets my corny sense of humor. Anyway, coffee one day this weekend.
Have a great day!

Tom,........kissing your biceps!!!!!

Hey everybody! This morning was Mark Lauren's Bodyweight, workout 1 POWER. I've been away from these for far too long. I have a feeling I'm going to be sore tomorrow. This evening I did Low Impact Series, Total Body Trisets, Upper Body Split. Now, I know I will be sore tomorrow. Upper Body Split felt great after all those heavy weights. Cutting phase under way.
Ok, who's kissing who's biceps? Skinny dipping? Damn!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.