Lifting like girls

Last night, I finally had an hour to myself. So I did one of my old DVDs. Toby Massenburg, Afterburn. Same concept as Cathe's Afterburn. But, Cathe's program is more fun. This Afterburn was only an hour, but it felt like three. It got my heartrate zooming, that was my intention. I hope next week is more productive. Have a great weekend, everyone!

Tom, are we deranged here? I prefer mentally unique. That just sounds better! Hell yes, LOVE those well earned DOMS. Way to go, Tom! It's cool that you have such an athletically oriented family. Even if your sons are kicking your a$$, you've got a common interest to enjoy together. Sounds like a body building competition is in son #2's future!

Lib, welcome back. Glad you had fun. Why not, go ahead and mix in RWH with your XTrain. Gotta keep it fun. They are both great programs so you can't go wrong. Good job on today's bis and tris. I adore all the XTrain Burn Sets.

Karen, well, if you can't get in a full week of workouts, kill yourself at the end, eh? Unlike Mindy (bless her heart), Toby intrigues me. Nobody is as fun as Cathe but is he at least tolerable? I'm hoping the "this felt like 3 hour" thing was just because it was so hard. Fingers crossed things lighten up for you next week.

Justine, precision eating is something I can't do. I guess I shouldn't really say "can't." I just don't really want to, so I always come back to the 85/15 rule. You have done macro counting before (right?) so you are more disciplined than me! I bet you're looking forward to the deload. How was your DD's graduation, or hasn't it happened yet?

Yesterday I did KCM Stepboxing + RWH Abs 1. Today I did Cardio Band Blast w/Weights Live (7/14/14). I need to join a Cathe Live Addicts Anonymous group. My addiction is really strong. :)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Lib, take care. Sounds like your body is begging for some extra rest and no one deserves it more than you.

Hope everyone is having a great Monday. I started my week out with Step HiiT + Upper Body Live (5/15/14). It was the second Live Cathe filmed and I've never done it until today. I'll let you all guess what I thought of it. ;)

Finally made it home but I think a day at the waterpark and 2 days driving took its toll so I did a little different wo. I did chest, 8 sets total,and went lighter(didn't feel like I had much choice) but finished with longer sets, 175x8 and dropped to 135x20, so I felt like I worked, just not as many sets or quite as heavy cause it just was not there!! Next I did 1x20 skullcrushers/ 1x20 dumbbell curls and finished with 50 crunches and 2x30 cable crunches. I did ride the bike a mile after, and that even seemed hard ...I may need a " suedo de load". Off to jail!! Have a great week Ladies..Lib, good to have u back! Lisa, he certainly did " arse kick "me, but I new it was coming and loved every minute of it!! Always want your kids to be better than you...and in my case they certainly are!

Sorry all, been mia.
Husband fell off a ladder and tore the cruciate ligament in is 'good' knee, by which I mean the one that he hasn't just had surgery on! So now he has two gyppy knees. He's in a leg brace until operation.....
So, I've been quite busy (sheep shearing time of year!). Good job it's deload week for me.

I've been getting some stretching done (lastics by Donna Flagg), and am hoping to get back to a bit of Cathe cardio later in the week.

Tom, I bet it feels good to be home.

And how do you all cope with the heat? It's 33c here today (90f?). Don't laugh....that's a heat wave. I'm not coping!

Justine, so sorry to hear about your husband. His good knee, no less. Sheep shearing? Damn girl, you're amazing. Hang in there. It will get better. As for the heat? I know what you mean. It has been extremely hot, this week. Only cools to 79 degrees at night. Thank goodness for air conditioning. But, that kind of heat with humidity; I wouldn't be coping either. Wishing you the best, and healing vibes for hubby.

Tom, glad you made it home safely! I'd be wiped out after all you've gone through, too. You still got it done this morning. Impressive.

Justine, also sorry to hear about your DH. That is just rotten, awful, horrible luck. I hope he's able to keep his spirits up. You must be running around like mad, shearing those sheep and sweating bullets in that hot, humid weather. Stretching hopefully gives you a moment to de-stress. We're 92F here today and the air is dry. It's hot but when it's hot AND wet is when I go stark raving mad. Take care and best to you and your DH.

Karen, hope you're doing well and having a more relaxed week.

Waves to Lib and Roz.

Today I did Lean Lower Body Live (1/8/15).

Hi All. Back day for me, basically chins, pullovers and pulldowns. I tried some deads but wasn't there! I may try those later in the week. I got thru 4 sets of chin ups (pullups), and it was interesting. I did 10 underhand and elbows bothered some, then tried overhand and that was torture and I only did 5, but I did manage 2 more sets of 10 underhand with no real discomfort? I followed with 3x12 dumbbell pullovers, and 3x10 wide lat pulldowns and finished with a mile on the bike...gotta push that more! Hope its a terrific Tuesday for y'all!

Good morning! I haven't checked in for a while now. It's time I did. Monday, Tuesday and this morning, I did the three workouts from Mark Lauren's Bodyweight Training. Total body workouts, that can be quite challenging. Monday night was back and biceps. Last night I did Tracie Long's total body weight workout. One of her new DVDs, borrowed from my sister. Very metabolic, and only 30 minutes. I enjoyed it. Tonight will be legs.

Welcome home, Tom and Lib. Hope your life is slowing down, Justine. Hope hubby is not too demanding. When my husband is not feeling well, my workload doubles. (Sweetheart, can you bring me a glass of water? That kind of stuff.) I see you are sharing our heat, Lisa. Going outside is like stepping into an oven. I agree, glad it's not humid. Hi Roz, hope you are well. Probably lifting your house about now.

Thanks everyone for your best wishes for my dh. I e got to say that having him immobile means a lot less mess around the place!

Tom, weird that your elbows allowed you to do underhand once you'd done the other way. I love back day.

Karen, great on the mark Lauren. His stuff is tough. Did you do the one with a zillion dive bombers? That's a real delt burner. I've not tried Tracey long.

I woke up really late this morning, and it left me feeling out of it all day. My deload workouts are only 30 mins or so, and I have been meaning to add yoga or hiit. Just haven't yet.

Anyway, I've finished shearing. You know how the Aussies seem to do a sheep per minute? I'm about 1/4 hour per sheep! Good job it's a very small flock!

Well, I answered "leg day roll call" this morning, nothing noteworthy but did do longer sets. 5x8 bench squats, 2x8 deads, 25,20 barbell calf raises, 2x10 static lunges,2x25 single calf raises, and finished with some armwork, 1x20 skullcrushers and 1x12 dumbbell curls. I used 205 for the heaviest bench squat set and 205 for deads and calf raises, 45s for the arm stuff. I am proud to say that I do have some lat doms...kinda pumped "bout dat"!!! Karen, I hope you e,joy your semi retirement...I did..can't wait to get back to it! Have a great day Commandos!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.