Lifting like girls

Good Morning Commandos! DS2 bought a condo at Daytona Beach so we are going there Wed for about 5 days therefore I had to bump my sched up... sooo..... today was chest and tri and it was a good one! The weight felt about 20# lighter than the last chest day , not sure why but I guess not everyday is a good day. I did 12 sets of bench and went 20# higher than last time and did more reps at heavier poundage??? After flat bench I did 2 sets of incline but these were a little rough on the shoulder so I stopped after the 2nd set and finished chest with 3 sets of rom isos. I swear I could smell "baked pec" after these! Great finishers, like flys but with continuous resistence. For tris I did 4 sets of pushdowns, 2 sets of skullcrushers(gotta be careful with these at the end of a tough workout to avoid facial disfigurement) and a final set of kickbacks. Hope everyone is well in your families and enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Wow, Karen. Can't believe you already demolished Meso 2. Whoo hoo! So, Pilates for the next week? Have you noticed any changes from the Pilates you've been doing, like more flexibility etc? Seems like you are feeling very Zen so it must be doing something good for you!!! (Not that you were neurotic or anything before...I've got that one covered all by myself, lol!) When I get back to working out I am thinking of maybe---and I say maybe so don't hold me to it---trying a paper program or something where the emphasis is heavier on the lifting than the cardio. I love my cardio but I don't like the killer cardio stuff anymore. Messes with my mood and my hormones too much. Cathe Live cardio is good, walking is good, step is good, even metabolic, but endless HiiT? No thanks.

Tom, LOVED the look of that leg workout. Are you still feeling wobbly today? You say you dread leg day but I think you secretly love them. You always seem like you're on such a high when they're over! Or maybe it's because they're over and you don't have to think about legs again for another week, haha!

Have a great Sunday, friends. We'll be plowing through the day with extra coffee. Little dude had some major pooping issues last night which kept him up all night. Plus, like all my other babies, he's a grunter. He HATES the swaddle and grunts and grimaces to work his arms free. But then if we let his arms go free, he flails and wakes himself up. Having limbs is very hard for babies. :) He's happiest when he is squished up against me in my Moby carrier. Karen, did your babies like the swaddle? I always heard it was this universal baby love thing but I am 0 for 3 in terms of kiddos who cannot stand the swaddle!

Lisa, as far as swaddle babies go, I was 3 for 5. 2, 3 and 5 were my swaddle babies. To this day #4 is queen of her universe, and meets every day head on. Ohhh yea! There is an occasional head bump with her, but I couldn't love her more. She reminds me of myself, so I just shake my head and laugh. She thinks that we are just so totally different, and I'm just old. But there she is, my daughter, my mini me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Karen, that's me and my DD2. We call her Diva. She's just like me, strong willed and opinionated. She's been my easiest child to relate to so far. We'll see if that changes when she is older, maybe she and I will butt heads in our diva ways like you and your #4.

Tom, now you need to sign up for the Cathe Daytona Beach Road Trip in October. You can stay at the condo and do lots of cardio with Cathletes. :) we know how you love step aerobics and kickboxing. Have a great trip this week. Totally jealous.

Back and bi this morning. 4 sets of pullups,( the last one with a chin over bar hang till fail), 3 sets of pullovers, 3 sets 1 arm cable pulls, 4 sets ez bar curls 2 sets decline dumbbell curls and 2 sets conc curls. The bi work is definitely harder after back! Start the week off right my friends!

Hey guys!!! Well, today's event, was right up there with the mother of all events. Last December, I took my truck in to get the brakes done. When the technician was backing it out of the garage, he hit a pole. So the garage asked that we get a couple of estimates from different body shops. So we did. We asked for an appt with the least expensive place, and he requested that we bring the truck in on 04/24/2017. This was in December, mind you. I took PTO today to take the truck in. The shop is about 5 miles from home, I was going to take it in, then walk home, and call it a walking day. So, I took it in, and walked to Starbucks (between the shop and home) for a little energy. I get a phone call from DH, in Connecticut. He tells me that I took the truck to the wrong place. That I needed to go get it, and take it to the right shop. Which is about a mile farther from home. So back I go, pick up the truck and drive it to the right shop. So, after all this walking, I think I'm at least 7 miles in. Maybe the Pilates will wait until tomorrow. On top of it all, it was threatening rain, a few sprinkles here and there. But, I'm alive and here to tell my peeps about it!
Tom, I hope you enjoy Florida, sounds fun! Nice work on the back and biceps. One of my favorite workouts, right up there with LEGS!
Lisa, hope you are well, and that little man is behaving himself.
Later guys, make it great!

Shoulder day here in Missouri AND I added.......better sit down for this....LEGS! Legs said "were not ready yet Boss" Boss said "don't care, don't want to look like the picture of skinny leg dude"! I did 7 sets strict press, nothing heavy but long sets. Next 3x10 single side laterals bringing the weight in front of the body then 3x10 bringing the weight behind the body, 3x12 rear delt flys and shrugs x40 x30 x20. For legs I did keep it shorter and did 2x20 gob squats, 2x8 reverse lunges, 2x20 kb swings, 2x20 weighted single leg calf raises and 2x35 unweighted single calf raises. Karen, sounds like your good on cardio for awhile! I have had those days, nothing goes right but sounds like you survived. Lisa, lets see...me at the Daytona Beach Cathe thing....doing cardio...step aerobics...yunno the pictures they take...nope, wouldn't make those!! I would however offer some comic relief Enjoy your Tuesday friends!

Well I think I may have really done it this time! My back was a little sore yesterday prior to working out but loosened up during the w/o and I never even paid any attention to it, but I think the swings or gob squats or perhaps the OHP's must have done it in! I could barely walk in to my meeting yesterday and it wasn't any better this morning, So what does a guy do with a sore back on arm day??? he lifts ....obviously! I really had to go light and could only do pushdowns and alt dumbbell curls 6 sets of each and that was it! I did long sets but tried to minimize any back involvement, just picking up the blocks was an adventure. I hope I can carry my luggage and get on the plane lol! Hoping y'all have a great rest of the week. I planned on trying to lift while in FL. but not so sure now, may just have to rest things....crap! Karen, I'm going to have to live vicariously through you since Lisa is temporarily out of commission! Make life fun my friends!

Well Tom, I hope your back is feeling better. Have a great time in FL. Hope you will be able to lift.
Hey Lisa!!
Yesterday was a Winsor Pilates Sculpting Circle workout, again. Really like this. This morning, I finally broke out the ICE program and did Bootcamp. Good workout.
That's about all that's going on here. Have a safe trip, Tom. Take care, Lisa!
Until tomorrow.

I am so sorry! It's been such a crazy semester. The first half the entire department was ill. We claim to be awing perti dishes! (Sp?)

Still not working out like I should...But I have great news. Down 44 lbs! And broke the 170 mark!

Plus, this semester marks the half way point of grad school!!!
My methods section for my seminar paper (not a thesis but similar to a research proposal amped up a lot) was approved Monday, and my claim in my intro -one point to explain the topic to the lay person-was approved yesterday-as I found ONE online article by a Phd who wrote literally ONE page about this!!
And my intro is now written! (My advisor told me to stop trying to make it "perfect" and just write it and submit it to her by Saturday night so she can look it over and we can meet Monday about revisions. Yes, this is difficult for me). So now I just have to write the lit review, which covers two classes as well!! Both professors agreed to let me use it, so instead of having three huge papers due in a week and half, I have one! Yes, week and half. I do procrastinate...plus this topic is extremely close to home, and I tear up a lot reading and writing about it.

Finals are the 15(?) of May, then I will be back to working out more regularly.

I miss you all, I hope everyone is doing great!!

Uploading before and after

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    83.2 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    111.5 KB · Views: 10
Congrats Lib! Happy for you and your boys!

Tom, hope you made it to Daytona safely and that your back is feeling better.

Karen, hey hey, keeping up with those Winsor Pilates. Glad you are getting good use out of your Winsor Pilates "steering wheel" lol!

Trying to get outdoors here as much as possible but we're getting lots of rain so, thanks for nothing Mother Nature! Lots of big changes. Registered DD1 for all day Kindergarten yesterday (praise the Lord for all day K!) and finally got a closing date for the new house...allegedly May 31, but we all know that it will probably be a week later than that. At least there's a light at the end of the tunnel. Maybe the best news of all is that I am back in my regular pants! No more maternity clothes. Still have the "I had a baby 2 weeks ago" tummy mush plus a little extra junk in my trunk but it's nothing overwhelming, which I am grateful for!

TGI Thursday! Have a great one, Commandos!

Hey guys, today was another walking workout. Had to pick up my truck, so out and about I go.
Nice job getting back into your clothes, Lisa. That was the most difficult part for me. I was always hungry.
Hope your having a great time, Tom. It's raining here, with possible snow later today. So over the Winter weather.
You're looking great, Lib. Congratulations!
Have a great weekend everybody. I'm just kicking back today!

Tom, how goes things in Daytona? Hope you're soaking up some beach time with the fam!

Karen, is the truck back in working order? I hope you didn't get rained on OR snowed on during your walk. Uh huh, soooooo want to forget about Winter 2016/2017. Ugh ugh ugh. Hopefully at least you got to stop by Starbucks for a warming drink during your walk. Is your DH back from Connecticut yet? I know what you mean about the milk truck hunger. I am hungry all the time. Especially at night. The little man usually wants to eat around 3am and I am starving. I need to figure out something healthy to eat otherwise I will just grab for chocolate (which I may or may not have done a few times, just saying). Any suggestions?

Low key weekend with the family coming up for me today and tomorrow. My DH, bless his heart, let me sleep in this morning. We'll probably hit the library for DD1 and DD2 and then go to a park. Tomorrow is DD2's 2nd birthday. We'll have a party with neighbors and friends in a couple months when we get settled into the new house. No room for nothin' in this rental. But believe me this little Diva is going to get spoiled with presents and treats tomorrow. Love her!

See you next week my friends!

Been MIA Ladies, but really screwed something up this time. I had to find a chiropractor while I was in FL and still not right. I have trouble walking and of course bending over and it really hasn't gotten better. I was going to try some light stuff this morning but elected for rest instead. Guess I will try round 2 at a chiro and if not better may see a MD. Hope everyone is well!

Oh no, Tom! That is not good news. I really jacked up my neck and upper back a few months ago, and a combo of seeing a chiropractor (only took one visit) plus a sports massage from a great massage therapist (told him to focus the whole hour on my problem spots) really helped. Every ache and pain is different, but HOPEFULLY something simple like that will work for you. Fingers crossed.

Karen, yep we're good over here. Gotta teach the babe that sleeping time should happen at night instead of all day. I'm pretty sure that prior to birth, babies sign a contract or something promising to torment parents with sleepless nights. It's part of the baby code of conduct.

Hope everyone makes it through Tuesday as smoothly as possible!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.