Lifting like girls

Happy Easter! I did get some Easter core work in, tri sets of crunches x 50/ seated knee ins x 25/ cable crunches x 25, pull ups 10 6 8 deadllift 225 3x8 and 5 min alternate side planks ( that's total) . Nothing special, just work! Enjoy Easter friends!

Happy Easter, Tom and Lisa. Friday was Meso 2 Week 3 Back and Biceps. Another great workout. I have been thinking I might do Meso 2 one more time, then move on to Meso 3. Yesterday was a Mari Winsor Pilates workout. Felt great when I finished.
Today just hanging out. DH and I had an Easter egg hunt for the neighborhood kids. A couple of our kids came home, brought the grandkids, so they could hunt for Easter eggs. Just returned from taking DH to the airport. He's going to be in Connecticut for the next few weeks. So, it's me and the dogs. (I love having control of the TV clicker). Until tomorrow, make it a great day!

Happy Easter to you both! We're having a great time over here. My little guy is just a dreamboat. I adore him. 5 days in, he eats well and sleeps in 2ish hour chunks. I will take it. I feel great and we're doing lots of walking. Really got to potty train DD2 (23 months old) Having 2 in diapers is killer! Eek!

Karen, great variety for you lately. I love Meso 2. The last 2 rounds through STS I skipped Meso 3 altogether. I will let Tom cover that stuff on my behalf. ; ) Sad that your DH is going to be gone but yeah, having control over what's for dinner and what's on TV is a plus. Your Easter egg hunt sounds like it was fun. Our friend here who owns a huge property hosted a hunt for the little kids in our gang of friends. So cute!

Tom, did I read this right...you did legs but skipped shoulders last week? I must be hallucinating! Well, as always you got the job done in the end. Hope you are sleeping better with the Tylenol PM. I find half a Unisom helpful but I don't do it often because my REM sleep never seems as good, although at least my eyes are closed and I am sleeping!

Have a great week!

Back on sched with chest and tris but not a strong day. Stuff seemed heavier on bench, not sure if accumulative from bad sleep (last night much better) or what, but I preserved. I am down about 10# from Janurary, but I hadn't lost any strength but today I felt weaker. I did a 12 set bench pyramid and finished with 3 sets of pause bench at 135#. I have real trouble even getting the bar all the way down so I need to increase my flexibility in the shoulders to allow greater ROM. I finished chest with 3 sets of rom isos. For tris I did 3 sets pushdowns, 2 sets skullcrushers ( even though light I about dropped the blocks on my face) and a set of kickbacks and a set of closegrip pushups. I must have done well on yesterday's core day because abs and back extensors are sore!! Yay! Lisa, good luck with pottey training and Karen, keep killing it!! Have a great Monday friends!

Good morning Ladies! Back and bi here, 3 sets of chins, 3 sets dumbbell pullovers, 3 sets 1 arm cable pulls, 3 sets ez bar curls 2 sets hammercurls, and 2 sets conc curls. That's about it! My w/os usually take about 40 - 55 min, sometimes if I am combining body parts due to missing a w/o it is longer but usually that's about all the time it takes....seems like a small sacrifice to keep strong but it is amazing how few people do it!! I guess we should be proud of ourselves Commandos! Make the day great!

Hey guys! Yesterday was meso 2 week 4, Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. It was a Good one, but I think I went too heavy, again. Hit failure before I could finish the last two reps in my chest work. But, I have to admit, it did feel good. DH bought the 90 lb add on for our "Power Blocks." Like I will ever need 90 lb dumbbells, but, there is an incentive booster there. Sore muscles today, it was a good lifting day. Now, this morning was Mari Winsor's Pilates. The 20 minute workout. It's a good one too. Think I will stick with the 20 minute workouts while I work in my form. But honestly, how do you do leg circles without moving your hips. Definitely need more practice here. Well, that's about it. I am watching a couple of good series on Netflix. One is "Living Below Zero. About people living in the Alaska Wilderness. Living conditions and hunting and fishing for everything they eat. Quite interesting, but I have to have an assassin kill my meat. Don't think I could do it. But, then again, if that was all there was, I might have a different attitude. The other program is "13 Reasons Why." About bullying in high school. This is very good. I love having the TV clicker to myself. That's about all, take care guys, get your sleep. Until tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Way to go with those workouts, Karen and Tom! Cheering you on! We should revise our name to the Powerblock Commandos since we all seem to have them and love them...Karen, we have the 90lb set as well, as if I ever go higher than 35lbs. A girl can dream right?

Thanks for the laugh today, Karen. "Who can do leg circles without moving their hips?" I know! Take that, Mari Winsor, lol. And I need an assassin to kill my meat for me too. No way I'm touching any of the blood and guts. I wish we had Netflix so I could check out those shows. My DH and I check out a lot of DVDs from the library (cheapskates) plus we have Cable. Right now we are binge watching How I Met Your Mother. It is so freaking hilarious. I never got into Friends or Seinfeld, but this show has those vibes but THIS time they actually did it right. I laugh like a crazy idiot every episode.

We're good over here. Enjoying springtime walks with the double stroller (two littles in the stroller and big sister gets to walk by mommy). Heaven help me, I am that stroller walking mom. Such a stereotype! :)

This morning was Meso 2 week 4 legs, another good one. Cathe' lower body workouts are brutal. This was no exception. I was sweating like crazy. I'm with you Lisa, never got into Friends. Thought it was kinda funny that someone that worked at a coffee shop, could support herself in NYC. Sorry, but not gonna happen. But, I had friends in Seattle that would just die, if they missed an episode. Tomorrow will be another Pilates. Haven't decided which one. Talk to you guys tomorrow. Take care!

Couldn't do it!! Yep, it was leg day and I got to sleep about 2 and when the alarm went off at 5.....COULDNT DO IT! Geeze, I did do a quick BWT circuit of 2 rounds of air squats/ calf raises and pushups and a set of 12 pullups at work but that DOES NOT excuse the sin! My powerblock Commando warriors , I am sorry. UGH, another Saturday leg day coming up. I put w/o clothes on this evening and thought the mood might strike me....but nope! Karen, you are my hero...don't know how you do it but if you can send me a bottle I would be forever grateful. I have the 90 pounders as well and wow are they a space saver;;luv em! I am going to restore my Commando status..hopefully, and Sat I am doing legs!!! I am signing off this evening as a humbled, embarrassed, looking for redemption, (slightly melodramatic) ironhead. Karen, maybe should repost the guy with the skinny legs lol! Lisa, hope the diapers and potty training are going better than my leg day!!

Shoulders done! 6 sets strict press, 3 sets of side laterals, rear delt flys and front raises and I bumped up the weight 5# on each of these. I finished with 3x30 PB shrugs and called it a day. I will try to get in some abs with arms tomorrow since I don't work and will have time for a longer w/o. Have a great Thursday Commandos!

Couldn't do it!! Yep, it was leg day and I got to sleep about 2 and when the alarm went off at 5.....COULDNT DO IT! Geeze, I did do a quick BWT circuit of 2 rounds of air squats/ calf raises and pushups and a set of 12 pullups at work but that DOES NOT excuse the sin! My powerblock Commando warriors , I am sorry. UGH, another Saturday leg day coming up. I put w/o clothes on this evening and thought the mood might strike me....but nope! Karen, you are my hero...don't know how you do it but if you can send me a bottle I would be forever grateful. I have the 90 pounders as well and wow are they a space saver;;luv em! I am going to restore my Commando status..hopefully, and Sat I am doing legs!!! I am signing off this evening as a humbled, embarrassed, looking for redemption, (slightly melodramatic) ironhead. Karen, maybe should repost the guy with the skinny legs lol! Lisa, hope the diapers and potty training are going better than my leg day!!

Tom, you crack me up!!! Nice work, in spite of leg day!

Tom, I'm telling ya, Advil PM!!! It's the bomb for those no sleep nights. I just take one or two tablets about two hours before I want to fall asleep, and if there are indications of it being a hell night. When you can't turn off the brain. You know, busy day at work, stressful project, and even co-workers. It works!!
Lisa, hope you are doing well, and that baby boy's helpful older sisters, are not too helpful. If you know what I mean. I found my two boys being very helpful with my newborn. In her crib, trying to pierce her ears with a pair of my birthstone studs. So glad they didn't drop an earring down her throat. Oh yea, we had a big "time out" for that one.
Back to the task at hand, this morning was a Mari Winsor, Beginner Sculpting Circle workout. I have a circle that I bought 20 years ago, ok, maybe just 10 or 12, but I do think it was the steering wheel for a 1970 Plymouth, in a former life. I have to buy a new one, it was so uncomfortable, but I really enjoyed the workout. I like Mari Winsor, she keeps a good pace, and explains everything. So, I have been on E-Bay checking her other workouts.
Well guys, I'm off to feed the dogs, and gotta get that TV clicker. Oh, I forgot, no hurry. It's ALL MINE!!!!
Have a great evening!

I absolutely fried bis and tris! I did 26 sets and 9 sets of abs...(I think I'm too old for this!) 5 sets of pushdowns/ ez bar curls, 3 sets of skullcrushers/hammercurls, 3 sets of crossbody tris/ conc curls and 2 sets of kickbacks/21's. For abs a 3 set circuit of crunches/ seated knee ins/ cable crunches. Tommorow is legs....PROMISE! Karen, I cracked up on the earing thing with time out!..amazing restraint! Lisa, how's the new addition?( not to mention your other helpers). Have a great weekend ladies!

Hi guys! Well, today was the last workout of Meso 2, Back and Biceps. Drop sets and such. Great workout. Think I will do a week of Pilates, then start Meso 2 again, or another hypertrophy workout. I have a few I could start. Maybe I will try a hybrid, you know, a little of this a little of that, but, definitely a whole lot of lifting. Not a whole lot going on today. Cleaned the house, and made a quinoa and kale salad, and that's about it. So until tomorrow. Make it a good one!

I DID IT!!!! LEGS DONE!!! I started with bench squats but only got to 205 x3 and my right knee was sore and it felt heavy! So I decided to take it out on me for the rest of the w/o. I seems to be able to do lighter weight stuff without knee issues but when I go heavier , that changes.Next I did gob squats( 70# PB 3x20),. reverse lunges( 50's) 3x8. kb swings (50#) 3x20, sumo squats (90# PB) 3x12. For calves I did barbell calf raises (205#) 3x25, single calf raises (40#kb) 3x20 and donkey press (0) 3x20. As I walked back to log my last set I wobbled like an old guy with a serious neuromuscular disorder and getting back up the stairs was really comedic!! Mind feels good. lower body feels PULVERIZED!! Guess that's good. Have a great weekend friends.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.