Lifting like girls

Back and bi here (mostly bi). This morning was 3 sets pullups, 3 sets dumbbell curls, 3 sets decline curls and 5 minutes of planks. Yesterday at work I did a couple of sets of pushups and those and the planks didn't bother my back .... I was surprised but happy! This is my Friday and I think I can get used to the 2 day thing again! Have a righteous day sistas!

Geez Tom, you really tweaked something! I hope it gets to feeling better soon. You're still working out! WTH! Nice resolve! Well, I decided to start a 90 day Mark Lauren Challenge. He has a challenge for women, and a challenge for men. I heard that he doesn't do pushups with the women's challenge, so I bought the men's challenge. Today was the second workout. I must say, I was sweating bullets. It is a bodyweight gig, and the first seven weeks are three days a week, after seven weeks, it's four days a week. This was workout two, and I was almost at the fatigue point when I finished. The last few reps were a struggle. Every workout, is a total body workout, with some of his signature moves. I wanted to throw something different in the mix after two months of STS. On my off days, I think it will be Pilates, HoCo, something corecentric. I'm still enjoying Pilates, especially the sculpting circle workouts. With DH gone, I have been mowing the lawn. We live on a hill, and the yard slopes toward the street. That was a workout in itself. Please!! Well, that's pretty much it for me, I've been kinda hanging out, and flying under the radar, so not much going on.
Lisa, I hope baby boy is toeing the line, sometimes those newborns can be so needy! LOL!
Lib,I hope you have a chance to relax soon.
TOM! Hhhheeeeaaaallll!
My best to you all, take care until tomorrow!

Karen. applaud your adventurous spirit and wish I had it.......but don't! Way to rock the bwt gig! Today I did get in some shoulders, legs and abs, staying light and away from lower back stuff. I did 6x10 side laterals. I have been doing these by grabbing my squat rack and leaning doing 1 arm at a time. I did 3x10 bringing the weight in front of my body and 3x10 behind the back. Next I broke my rule and did dumbbell shoulder presses but did them seated for support and dropped way down to only 35s x 20 x15 x12. Back was not an issue with these, yay! Next alternate front raises 3x10 and finished with dumbbell shrugs x40 x35 x30. For legs, bwt squats 3x30, reverse lunges 3x10 and 6 sets of single calf raises. For abs I did cable crunches x40 x30 x20. I didn't know how these would go but again NO issue. I dropped the weight I usually use and did longer sets. It felt great to get a pretty good w/o in with no collateral damage! I really couldn't figure what to do for rear delts without bending over so I sorta skipped them....make up later. Karen, I hear ya on hilly mows. When I was in highschool I worked for the local college in the summer and most of what we did was mow....and that place was a goat farm!! Hill after hill no flat places. Some of the hills were so steep we had ropes attached to mowers and we lowered the mower down the hill and "curled" it bacK....LOVED IT! Thought it was football prep and, of course, "girl candy" (guess I liked arm day even then!) Lisa, hope rest is happening at your place.......probably NOT!! Lib, hope year end stuff is going well for you. All I got friends..peace out!

Karen, Tom, I get the sense that both of you will be upset to learn that I have never, ever mowed a lawn in my life. I grew up on a 1 acre property, but have 3 brothers so they did it. Now my DH does it all. I blame my allergies. That's my story and I am sticking to it! We know couples who fight over who gets to mow the lawn cuz they both want to and I am like WTH? I have no desire, lol

Tom, what Karen said, heal up bro!

Karen looking forward to the reviews of Mark Lauren program. You are really mixing it up. And it's hoCo season again? Oh boy!

Things are hopping here. Baby boy is such a sweetheart. He has ZERO tolerance for diaper changes and I have already been drenched several times by fountains of baby boy pee. Like urine EVERYWHERE! And he is constantly pooping so I have to take some time in the process. Girl diapers are way easier to change! Boy, I am a great conversationalist these days, lol

Today was a Pilates ring workout. I'm really loving these. I'm thinking of joining Pilates By Lisa. But, it's $25 a month. I'm just not sure I would get my money's worth. It is enticing.
Tomorrow is another Mark Lauren. I will let you know how it goes, until then.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arm day and I feel good about it! I bumped bi up 5# on most sets and tris 10# from last week. I did 5x10 tri pushdowns/ dumbbell curls, again tri pushdowns 3x10/hammercurls 3x12(did drop 10#). and finished with 2 sets of decline curls x8 x10 and 2 sets of crossbody tris 2x15. Even though I didn't do a lot of variety I felt like I really fried things by staying strict. I ended up with 110 reps of tris and 104 reps of bis. I haven't been using the ez curl bar since I strained my back once just doing those. Your back has to brace as the weight goes out and alternating less weight seems less stressful, so I may stick to blocks until I feel ready....but do miss it! It's FRIDAY Commandos! We are headed to St. Louis to visit son 1 and wife. DW is having a 1 year post op xray of her newest knee and it will be sent up to son 1's best buddy who did the surgery at Mayo. Have a great weekend. hope all is well with all!

Skackin....geeze, I was trashed!! Well, I guess my 20 year old moratorium on getting "hammered" has been officially lifted! Not sure what possessed me to post at that particular time, but from now on, NO drinking and posting! Today I was back a it for chest and tris. 12 set bench pyramid, not real heavy but a lot of reps. After bench I did 2 long sets of rom isos and finished with a burnout set of pushups. For tris, 4 sets of pushdowns, 2 sets of skullcrushers and 1 set of crossbody tri extensions. I finished with 2 sets of cable crunches. All in all...felt good about it! There wont be anymore of those nights however...we just work too hard to trash our bodies...ain't doin it again! By the way, y'all are about the farthest away from slackers of anyone I know! Have a great start to the week Ladies!

What?! Don't deny us a good drunk post. I'm operating on 2 hours of sleep right now and that's pretty much the same thing! No worries Tom, we all let loose sometimes, for good or for bad! Ain't nothin a Commando can't turn around and tackle.

I'm just a few days away from getting the green light to go for some workouts besides the walking and the postnatal rehab core work that I've been doing. Yeah, I'm the lady who begs my doctor to let me workout NOW NOW NOW! :)

Unfortunately the head in stool at the end of the night NOT so funny! Me thinks me liver enzymes be down a bit!! Not good at it anymore but no dui or fights so not a total bust! Sorry for behavior unbefitting a Commando but live and learn. I'm glad it was at least entertaining!....shoulda been there, much more colorful! Thanks friends!

It's been awhile, so here goes......basically I'm just sticking with the plan. Pilates, I've found a few new ones using bands and the magic circle ring. This morning was day 8 of my 90 day Mark Lauren challenge, and it is definitely becoming a challenge.
Tom, it's evident you enjoyed your weekend with DS1. Sometimes you just have to break loose, and go with the flow.
Lisa, losing sleep with a newborn, was the hardest part of being a new Mom. I like my sleep. Hang in there. Hope the doc gives you the ok!
That's about it for me, I am really enjoying my workouts right now. Surprising how difficult bodyweight work can be. Until tomorrow.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good morning Commandos! Back and bi, pretty much samo samo. Chins x 10 8 8, pullovers x 10 8 8, 1 arm cable pulls 3x8, dumbbell curls 3x10, hammercurls 3x8, decline curls 3x8 and 1 set of dumbbell 21's. Karen, that bodyweight stuff can be rough...much respect here for hanging with it! Lisa, I echo Karen and hope you get the "all clear" and I hope you are getting some rest! It's my Monday today and off to battle dragons! Have a goodun all!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.