Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for April 2024

Belinda, nice work on the stretch yesterday and Prime Day Full body workout today. Have fun picking up your car and visiting family in Ohio. I gather you are taking the RV to pick up your car? Enjoy!

Jolie, nice work getting in CL # 465 Strong yesterday. I am glad that you enjoyed it. We get some good ab and core work with the raw workouts too. Kelly has some good just abs workout. I am happy that I am feeling so much better. Now if I can just get rid of the allergies. It is so windy the last couple of days. Yesterday was in the 90's! Weird for April. It will cool way down in the next couple of days though.

Debbie, great job on Ripped and Ride June 2019 today. I hope your week goes smoothly at work. Before you know it, it will be summer vacation.

Roxie, nice work on the walk today. I am sorry the walk yesterday made you dizzy. Take care! We have some storms moving in here too.

Roselyn, nice work on rear delts and biceps.

Weird, I posted yesterday but I do not see it. My workout yesterday was and uphill walk on my TM, 1 hour, 3.1 miles and burned 452 calories. I was tired after that workout, uphill for an hour was harder than I had thought it would be. Today I had an excellent workout. I did CL #25, Strong Upper Body and Core. I love this workout but she goes too fast so I just pause it before each Giant Set and go at my own pace and this way I can lift heavier and slower. I have so many workouts written down that I know what I should be doing, so pausing is not a problem. Workout was 1 hour and I burned 401 calories. My heart rate really got up there, 164 was the max and the average was 117.

Diane Sue, great job on the workout, that is a big long workout! I am so happy that you are feeling better. No allergies for me at the moment, I already went through that last month. We have 72 degrees today so I will sit outside and read for a while to get some good vitamin D3!

Debbie, great job with the ripped and ride workout yesterday. I will be doing those workouts soon myself.

Belinda, have fun on your trip! Also, great job on the workout.

Roselyn, good job on the Caroline Girvan workout! I love those workouts.

Roxie, nice job on the walk last night.

I hope you all have a great day.

Reactions: WD
Today I did RAW Box & Squat. I really like this workout, but sometimes I wonder why Kelly insists on playing the awful music she usually plays in these workouts. Those awful beats that go on and on and on and theres no rhythm or good sound. I don't get it. But this workout is so good it's easy (sort of) to ignore.

50 seconds on/10 seconds off - I used my 1.5# hand weights through the entire workout and wore my 2# ankle weights.

Boxing: Jab/Cross/Set
Legs: Squat Pulse/3 Knees
Repeat other side

Boxing: Jab Cross/3 Knees
Legs: Squat Out/Press Up
Repeat other side

Boxing: Hook/Up/Hook/Bob
Legs: Side Lunge/Knee/Reverse Lunge
Repeat other side

Boxing: Jab/Cross/Twist/Up/Up/Duck (this was fun)
Legs: Plies/Press Up
Repeat other side

Boxing: Hook/Hook/Out Hook/Shuffle Back (this was fun too)
Legs: Crouching Squats
Repeat other side

Boxing Combos

Standing Ab Work

Workout was 40 minutes, burned 375 calories, did 2458 steps and HR was 145/184.

Diane - Great job with Giant Sets! That is a long workout! And believe me, I'm counting the days to summer break!

Roxie - Great job with your walk. I'll have to check that book out. I'm reading a psychological thriller called "Dear Wife" and it's excellent.

Roselyn - Great job with your workout!

Belinda - Great job with your arms and cardio workout!

Jolie - Great job with your CL workouts lately. I miss those lifting workouts, they are awesome. I may get the subscription again when I'm off for the summer. I do like her heavy weight workouts.

Have a great day everyone!

Good Evening,

I did More Than Just Strength Heavy Up using 15’s & 12’s.

Diane- there was an F1 tornado Southeast of us hit a couple that were living in a camper while renovating their house it was destroyed the husband flew in the air with the mattress he was clinging too and the wife was buried under the camper neither one was seriously injured

Today I did Raw Kickbox NRG 32 minutes, 172 calories, heart rate 133/168 heart rate, 1,377 steps. I followed it with Raw Box a Better Waistline, 29 minutes, 158 calories, heart rate 138/166, 1,532 steps. I finished off with CDorner Full Body mobility flow day 13, 13 minutes, 19 calories. Total time was 74 minutes, 349 calories, 2,909 steps.

Belinda, nice work with arms and cardio day.

Jolie, nice work yesterday with the Treadmill hill climb and with CL #25 Upper Body and Core today. Most of the STS 2 workouts are pretty long for total body. There are lots of premixes that lower the time a bit. Body parts are not quite so long. I had contemplated using the 2nd Giant set that is unilateral of the moves and mixing it with Raw Balance and Core that is pretty much all done one side at a time. I have allergies year round with brief 3- or 4-week reprieves once in a while. My vet recommended some Allergena drops for humans or he uses some meant for dogs. I got those in zone 5 for my area and they have helped quite a lot. I ran out though and just ordered. I am not heading for the tissues all day long and sneezing. That is a plus. Just super itchy sinuses. Eyes are not watery either. I have been outside every day getting spring stuff done in the yard. I got mine from Amazon and am waiting for another bottle. I checked today and they sell at Sprouts. I am hoping the allergies do not ramp back up before the other bottle gets here. You might try some next time for your area.

Debbie, great workout today. I have not done Box and Squat in a long time. I am always disappointed when Kelly puts up a workout and I hate the background music. Then again I love it when there is nice music. I felt the same way today with the boxing workouts. I think the other box for the waistline has better music. I love the workouts though. I think that it costs instructors money to use the better music and that is why they use that stuff. Even some of the cheaper workout music tracks are better than the steady annoying back ground sound that never changes. It would be a bigger draw if there was fun music. That is part of why I migrate to CDorners workouts. Although her weight ones do not have good music. When I am concentrating on weights though it is easier to forget the background music most of the time.
On that one part of the Box a Better Waistline I just used an 8# dumbbell holding overhead today. I did not a 5# the last time. 15# seems like it would be bad for my shoulders. I wore 3# ankle weights and was fine except I did not do the kick out front with the ankle weight on.

Roselyn, nice work on unleashed glutes, hamstrings, and abs today.

Roxie, great job on More than Just Strength Heavy Up today. That would be terrifying sitting out in a trailer during a tornado like that. Amazing that they are still alive. It is that time of year again. I always relax more when May into July are over because those types of storms generally stop.

This morning I did RAW Cardio Crush and had a great workout. I like this workout for just a good cardio session, but the 2nd group of exercises I just won't do anymore. They are planks and plank jacks. No thanks. I did squat pulses and standing jacks instead. Worked out good and my shoulders and traps aren't screaming at me. This was 33 minutes.

I also go on my treadmill and walked for 16 minutes which was .78 miles. Total workout time was 51 minutes, burned 397 calories, did 5458 steps and HR was 129/165.

Diane - I agree about Kelly's music. I guess we take the bad with the good. And luckily all her workouts are good. Yea, I thought holding a 15# dumbbell above my head was not only dangerous for the fact that I might drop it, but I knew it would be good for my shoulder. I probably could have grabbed and 8# db for it but just did it with nothing.

Roselyn & Roxie - Great job with your workouts!

Have a great day everyone!

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Mega Mix 2 first part (just was not in to it), 26 minutes 97 calories, heart rate 109/138. I was so messed up on the moves and realized I was looking at a print out of Mega Mix 1. Meanwhile I was getting annoyed with it. I went on and did CDorner Shoulders/arms from 9 days ago 27 minutes, 99 calories, heart rate 106/137. I think my shoulders will need a break before I hit them again. This is mainly shoulders. I ran out of town and need to go back and do some shoulder stretching today. Total time was 53 minutes, 196 calories.

Mega Mix 2 moves that I did
Double hand kettlebell swings 15#/20#
boxing with 2# dbs
side to side loop band squat
repeat

Kettlebell figure 8 15#
2# dbs boxing hoo/knee/upper cut
tubing overhead triceps extension
loop squat out 2X side to side
repeat

CDorner Shoulders & Arms 3 rounds of all movements
Hammer Curl/Overhead press 12# dbs
alternating overhead arnold press 12# dbs
upright rows 12# dbs; 10# dbs; 10# dbs
slow front raise 8# dbs; 8# dbs; 1 15# db dbl lift
reverse fly/ arms straight back 8# dbs
arm circles 2forward 2 backward 5# dbs;3#dbs;3#dbs

Debbie, nice work on Cardio Crush. Glad you had such a good workout today. I think I was just not feeling much and my plan originally had been a total body weight workout. Once I got in the room I just could not pick one I wanted to do. Not prepared this morning at all. It would still be wonderful to have good music with great workouts. I looked at functional strength again and changed my mind again as she started out with a snatch and it was a big no. I have not done either functional strength workout that she has up. I suppose I should watch the whole thing before I decide never.

Good Evening,

We went to the lake today it was 80 degrees and before we came home we went for another 2 mile walk this time I took shoes. It’s supposed to storm here again and only be in the 50’s the rest of the week.

This morning I did RAW TBTS Push and Pull workouts. Had an awesome workout!! Love these two workouts together.

I started with TBTS Warmup
RAW Pull
Everything was 2 sets/8 reps

Hammer Curls: 20's
Reverse Flies: 15's
Zottman Curls: 15's
Double Arm Row: 15's
Pullover: 25#

RAW Push
Everything was 2 sets/8 reps

Overhead Shoulder Press: 15's
Lateral Raise: 12's
Overhead Tricep Extension: 20#
Skull Crushers: 12's
Connected Chest Press: 20's
Dumbbell Bench Press: 25's

I also got on my treadmill for about 10 minutes and walked .5 miles.

Total workout time was 45 minutes, burned 368 calories and HR was 135/170.

Diane - I hate when I can't find a workout I want to do quickly, or can't think of one I want to do. I actually am going to reorganize my workout book and put tabs so I can flip to weight workouts, cardio workouts and cardio/weight workouts. Maybe I can find them easier that way. What would you file the Acceleration workouts under? Just weights or cardio and weights? I guess as long as I know where they are it doesn't matter.

Roxie - Great job with your walk, it has been really warm here too. We had storms but the worst of them went south of us.

Have a great day everyone!!

Yesterday's workout was a 4 mile walk with the pup through the hills, 1 hour 17 minutes and I burned 589 calories. Today I had an excellent workout, I did CL #136 Upper Body Challenge with the Ball and went heavy with the weights. I used a bench, my ball has lost air and I have to look for the pump. Workout was 1 hour 4 minutes and I burned 458 calories. I am so happy to be getting my strength back after separating my collarbone, it feels good to lift heavier again. I would say that my collarbone is at 85%, I learned how to adjust it myself on YouTube, I do more for myself than any doctor could or tried to do. Tomorrow will be my rest day for the week.

Debbie, great job on the workout today, that is a fun one! I am going to start back to the boxing workouts again, I miss doing them. It is finally warming up a bit here so I can get back into the gym with my cardio machines and do some R&R workouts too. I have been walking on my TM everyday while watching tv and it is helping me shed a little fat around my mid section, thank you Lord Jesus!!!

Diane Sue, thanks for the info on the allergies. Great job with the workout yesterday. I had to spend about 10 minutes this morning trying to figure out what workout I was going to do today; I have to do this the night before instead, so I am ready to go. I might get Cathe On Demand and try her new STS 2.0 workouts, they look good and long.

Roxie, great job on the walk and the lake sounds amazing.

Make it a great day.

I just signed up for Cathe On Demand so I can try the new STS 2.0 workouts! I am very excited. What workouts are your favorites?

Today I did CDorner Step #372 plus some from a step hiit with weights that I stopped because I did not want to do on and off step jacks, 37 minutes 163 calories heart rate116/146, 3,711 steps. I finished with STS 2 mobility 2 plus a little more stretch, 25 minutes, 48 calories. Total time was 62 minutes 211 calories.

Roxie, nice work getting in a 2 mile walk.

Debbie, nice work on TBTS Push and Pull today. Right now I have a binder with dividers with each category Kelly has her workouts in. I just go through and put things like the acceleration workouts pages together. It is full though and I am thinking of putting the strength and muscle endurance stuff in one binder and getting a second for intervals, cardio, and other. I do have a divider labeled not in the categories with only one workout in it.

Jolie, I think you will enjoy the STS 2.0 workouts. As far as favorites, I think they are all good. I tend to put off body parts just because they require some set up and different equipment choices that takes some time to decide which way you are doing it. For instance sometimes I use the Fit Tower for an option, or in place of pull up type moves there is anchored tubing. Step changes etc.. Takes up space and organization to run smoothly. Upper Body and Lower Body are great. There are mish moshes that you can use to do two body parts a day.

Hi,

We are in Ohio. We got in at midnight on Wednesday. It was a long drive from NY to Ohio. Yesterday we got a tornado watch. DH did not wanted to stay in the RV during Tornado. We stayed with his cousin which lives not far. We ended up having a blast. I did did Prime glutes yesterday and a long walk.We have finally internet and tv. It was nice working out with the TV. Instead of my iPhone. Today is a rest day.

Great job everyone. Have a great night

Today I did RAW Lower Body Ascending Pyramid and had an ok workout, I was really tired because I worked late last night and really didn't want to work out at all. I wanted to get legs in this week, though, so I did this one. This is doing the pyramid three times through for all exercises. I only did 2 sets.

Squats - 12's/15's/20's - 2 pyramid sets
Forward Lunges - 12#/15#/20# (I did Cross Back Lunges) - 2 pyramid sets
Deadlifts - 12's/15's/20's - 2 pyramid sets
Sumo Squats - 12#/15#/20# - 2 pyramid sets
Reverse Lunges - 10's/12's/15's - 2 pyramid sets

Also walked on my treadmill for .75 miles.

Total workout was 50 minutes, burned 392 calories, HR was 128/162.

No time for personals so I hope you all have a great weekend!!

Today I did STS 2.0 Mish Mosh #1 Back and Biceps, 41 minutes, 110 calories, 93/133 heart rate. I followed with CDorner Soothing Upper Body Stretch Day 28, 12 minutes, 14 calories. Not that that counts for much. This was not the workout that I meant to do. I had put the wrong mish mosh number on the work sheet that I had printed up and after starting and geting frustrated I figured out it should have been labeled Mosh Mosh #2. I would not have chose this one as doing it I prefer using the Fit Tower for some of it and this had a lot more other equipment that dumbbell work. Once Started I was not going to start over.

STS 2 Mish Mosh #1 37 minutes
bench 5 risers, door anchor and tubing, barbell, dumbbells, double bar or fit tower (option tubing)
warm up tubing light and 10# dbs
straight arm press down/seated rows tubing #1 I used anchor with green tubing 8 reps
straight arm press down/seated rows tubing #2 I used anchor with green tubing 8 reps
Banded dumbbell curls 5# dbs with blue tubing (long set)
kneeling on step 1 arm row R/L #1 25# db
kneeling on step 1 arm row R/L #2 25# db
kneeling alternating sweeper curls #1 (option standing) 15# dbs
kneeling alternating sweeper curls #2 (option standing) 15# dbs
double bar inverted row#1 Has fit tower option or seated tubing option I did with black tubing door anchor
double bar inverted row#2 Has fit tower option or seated tubing option I did with black tubing door anchor
single bar overhand pull up option #1 I used seated overhand grip pulldown with black tubing 8 reps
single bar overhand pull up option #2 I used seated overhand grip pulldown with black tubing 8 reps
barbell curls 35# 8 reps optional dumbbells ( I used the barbell_
barbell curls 35# 8 reps optional dumbbells
barbell curl pause I switched to the dumbbells 15's 10 reps
banded close grip pulldown #1 green and black tubing held together12 reps
banded close grip pulldown #2 green and black tubing held together12 reps
standing reverse curls #1 12# dbs 12 reps
standing reverse curls #2 12# dbs 12 reps
Cool down/abbreviated stretch

Roselyn, nice work on Full Body yesterday

Belinda, I do not blame you for not wanting to stay in the RV with a tornado in the area. Glad you ended up having fun. Nice work getting in the Prime glutes workout and walk.

Debbie, nice work on Lower body Raw Ascending Pyramid and some treadmill work.

Today I had an excellent workout. I started with Cathe's STS 2.0 Upper Body workout #1 and loved it. I like that it is slow and heavy, just the kind of workout that I prefer. I changed it up in a few places because I do not have a fit tower but I used my cable machine for pulldowns instead of pullups. Workout was 1 hour and I burned 344 calories. Next, I jumped on my TM and walked uphill for 1 hour, traveled 3.1 miles and burned 489 calories. The incline I walked was between 4.0 to 7.0 incline and the speed was 3.0 to 3.2 at the lower incline. Total workout time was 2 hours and I burned 833 calories.

Debbie, great job on the leg workout yesterday even though you were not feeling it.

Diane Sue, the miss mosh workout looks great! I cannot do the premixes using the On Demand workouts. I am going to find out which workouts I like the best than probably purchase the DVD to have for long term.

Belinda, stay safe in those storms, I would die!!!!! Give me an earthquake any day, but only if it is a smaller one! Have fun on your trip and way to go for getting in a workout.

Roselyn, nice job on the total body workout.

Have a great Saturday.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.