Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for April 2024

This morning I did RAW Ripped & Ride July 2019. This one was tabata style - 8 cycles, 20 seconds on, 10 seconds off. Kelly used her Peloton, I used my treadmill. I used a 10# plate and 5# dumbbells for the weight sections.

Treadmill: 4 minutes (8 tabata cycles) I pretty much just warmed up
Steering Wheel: 10# plate

Treadmill: 4 minutes (I did 20 second sprints at 5 mph)
Squat, Curl, Squat Up: 10# plate

Treadmill: 5 minutes - no tabata, I did an uphill climb
Hook-Twists: 5# dumbbells (this was touch and I felt it in my traps. I lowered to 3# dumbbells for the last 2 tabatas)
Kickbacks: 5# dumbbells

Treadmill: 4 minutes - (I did 20 second sprints at 5 mph)
Chest Press: 10's (I did something different than Kelly, I did presses and flies)
Abs: Bicycles (I did dead bug and Russian twists)

Excellent workout, I love this one. Workout was 62 minutes, burned 603 calories (holy crap!), did 3 4897 steps and HR was 146/181.

Thank you all for the nice comments about my DH and his accident. Let me tell you, it has been a nightmare with insurance and rental. State Farm is the worst insurance to work with. When I had an accident last year we went through the same exact thing. It's like pulling teeth to get them to help us and it was their client that did all this!! My DH is 6' tall and Enterprise gave him a Mini Cooper. Hello?! He can't even sit in it comfortably and he travels for a living. Today when he took it down the turnpike a red light came on and said the brake system was failing and to drive moderately. He's on the turnpike! OMG. Luckily he got to his destination safely and called Enterprise and told them to bring him a new and bigger car. They did but OMG, what a nightmare!!

Belinda - Your camper is BEAUTIFUL!! Wow!!

Hope you all have a great workout today!!!

This morning I had a great workout. I did RAW NRG Kickboxing and then did RAW Box & Tone. I used my 1.5# egg weights for both workouts. These are some excellent workouts, I cannot recommend them enough.

Workout was 55 minutes, burned 538 calories (been burning some good calories lately!), went 5344 steps and HR was 147/170.

I had my physical yesterday and all went great. Now I hope my blood work comes back ok.

Have a great day everyone! This check in is bleak lately. Where is everyone? I hope Doreen, Roxie and Cam come back.

Last edited:
Good morning,

I did Sydney Cummings Prime D1 Full Body and D2 Strong and Sculpted Arms & Abs today. I think I will stick with her rotation for awhile, I really liked it.

Debbie - great job on your workout. I was wondering too where everyone is? I also hope Doreen, Roxie and Cam came back. Maybe they all just busy with live? I hope they all okey.

Diane and Jolie - I hope you getting some rest. How are you both feeling?

BBl

Reactions: WD
Yesterday I forgot to check in after my walk. I took the pup for a 1 hour 17 minute walk, traveled 4 miles and burned 522 calories. Today I had an excellent workout, I did CL #10 Upper Body Sculpting and loved it. The first time I did this workout was in 2014! I did almost the same weights as in 2014 but I look nothing like I did in 2014 :) Workout was 56 minutes and I burned 401 calories. I love Cathe's older workouts so much, not the news ones at all. I am hoping to get back into my gym room this week if it warms up, I want to use my cardio machines so I can do the RAW R & R workouts. We had such cold and rainy weather over the weekend, it hailed and our yard was just white! Unheard of here at the beach.

Debbie, great job with the workouts the past two days. I want to do the R & R workouts with the Max Trainer or my elliptical, I think I could burn some serious calories.

Belinda, way to go with the Sydney Cumming's workout, those are great! I actually forgot about them; I am glad you reminded me. I cannot wait to see the inside of your RV!!!

I hope you all have the best day and get in some good workouts if that is on the calendar for you today.

Yesterday I was busy catching up on house cleaning. I forgot to post yesterday's workout. I did Raw Lower Body Limitations(Upper Body), 37 minutes, 210 calories, heart rate 135/164. I followed with CDorner Stretch using a chair, 27 minutes, 31 calories. Total time was 64 minutes, 241 calories. My weights were the same as before except that I stayed with the 12# dumbbells for overhead press and did not drop to 10's this time. The rest left me feeling stronger this time.
Today I decided to try some cardio and did CDorner Cardio Aerobics low or high 80's music from today. I kept it all low and did not do any jacks or kicks. I still got a good workout, 41 minutes, 229 calories, heart rate 135/165, 4,126 steps. This was fun and the music was fun.
I followed with the first 7 minutes of CDorner Deep stretch because she said you could use a chair, but by 7 minutes she was kneeling on the floor so I switched to her day 12 upper body stretch and did it in the chair, 17 minutes, 24 calories. Total time 58 minutes 253 calories. My knee feels much better, but kneeling and getting down to the floor and back up is worrisome. I want to hear the results before I feel safe to do much.

Debbie, that is too bad you have such a problem with the rental car and insurance company. We have had State Farm for many years and they have always been quick and really good to us. It was All State when we first moved to Oklahoma that gave us problems. I would never use them again. My husband would have insisted they give him something else. I am glad it worked out and he got a bigger car. Nice work on Raw Kickbox NRG and Box and Tone today. I have 3 appointments this month. It is that time of the year for me. I moved the 4th one to next month for my cardiologist as I was not sure I would want to climb the stairs to his office and really just not feeling it. It is just the yearly follow up. I will be glad when the appointments are all done and hopefully no problems.

Belinda, nice work on Sydney Cummings Prime D1 Full Body and D2 Strong and Sculpted Arms & Abs today. I would love to see a video of the RV. You are so lucky! I don't think that I have ever done a Sydney Cummings workout.

Jolie, nice work on the walk yesterday and CL #10 Upper Body Sculpting today. That is odd having that much hail living by the ocean.

Roselyn, good job on Chest and Back.

Last edited:
Jolie - it‘s raining today, once the rain stops we will pull the slide outs out and I will take a short video of the RV. You are so welcome on Sydney C. Workouts.

Diane - great job on your cardio workout today, glad you kept it low impact. I keep all my cardio low impact, still get a great workout in. I hope the rain stops tomorrow, than I will take a short video of the RV. I may have to link a private YT video if I can‘t upload it on the Cathe site. Sorry about all your appoitments. Are you feeling a little better today?

Debbie - nice job on your KB and toning workout today.

Roselyn - great job on your chest and back workout.

My doctor called. Usually, it is her nurse that calls. She said that everything was intact. But, there is lots of bone spurs and an empty pocket behind my knee. That reminded me to mention that I have an odd dent below my calf that is getting deeper. So, I will be mentioning this to my arthritis doctor next week. If that does not work out, I will discuss it with my doctor again since I have to go for my yearly next month some time. I have not made that appointment yet. Anyway, I need to really watch what I do as those bone spurs can break off and get stuck in the joint. I am lucky the fall didn't cause a big problem. I am bummed, because I really work on strengthening the support area and mobility. Arthritis is not a nice thing.

Belinda, I am feeling a lot better. Knee is still a little off though so I will be careful. I need to skip all of the impact anyway. I don't do much anyway. I really did keep the workout extra light today.

Did any of you vote on the age group on the open discussion using Cathe workouts?

Last edited:
Today I did RAW Your Moves 1 and had an excellent workout. I haven't done this one since July of 2021. This one used to be one of my favorites and I remembered why when I was doing it. Just a really fun workout.

Interval circuits at 50 seconds on/10 seconds off. Uses one set of heavy weights (15's) and one set of light weights (8's). I didn't use my egg weights because I've been boxing all week and didn't want to push it. Didn't really need them, though, the boxing parts are pretty fast.

Boxing
Curtsy Lunges
Boxing/Curtsy together

Repeat other side

Alternating Flamingo's (Scales): 15's
Ice Skaters
Repeat

Hammer to Overhead press/Curls to Arnolds: 8's
Boxing Combo
Repeat

Squats: 15's
Squat Thrusts - (I did triple squat pulses)
Repeat

Boxing Combo
Cross Rows:
15's
Repeat

Pullovers then Flies: 12's
Lateral Raise on Floor: 8's
Alternate Pullover/Flies: 12's
Lateral Raise on Floor: 8's

Skull Crushers: 8's
Dead Bug: 5's
Skull Crushers: 8's
Situp with knee pulls

I then got on my treadmill and walked for 1.18 miles which was 25 minutes. Total workout was 73 minutes, burned 672 calories (how is that possible? Not sure why I'm burning so many calories lately?), did 5025 steps and HR was 143/193 - really high, actually.

My blood work came back stellar from my physical. I guess adding in more chicken and eggs has helped. I feel a lot better, too. I'm still eating vegan, just not as much as before. I'm thinking I'm doing more of a vegetarian than vegan. Doesn't matter, trying to do more protein and it has helped a lot.

Belinda - Great job on your workout!!

Jolie - I also like Cathe's older workouts better, too. I haven't checked her CL workouts lately so I have no idea what kind of workouts she's doing lately. Great job with your workouts! You should try the one I did today, it is excellent. It's under the entire collection section way down at the bottom. It's one of the first workouts she did when she started her channel (sort of).

Roselyn - Great job with Chest and Back!

Diane - We have Grange Insurance, it's the guy who hit my DH that has State Farm. That is probably why you like them because they screw over the other guy. LOL!! Actually, my DH called Enterprise and State Farm and they gave him an Audi which is a beautiful car. The Mini Coop he was in showed a brake system failure when he was driving 150 miles away from home. WTF? So yea, he went on a rampage. He would have anyways, there was no way he was going to drive a Mini Cooper for 30 days. No way. I'm sorry to hear about the bone spurs. OMG. I hope something can be done to make it more comfortable for you. Did you doctor mention surgery?

Have a great day everyone!!

Good morning,

Prime D3 legs is done.

Diane - glad you feeing better. Sorry about the bone spure in your knee. I have a few too. They are painful. Did she say what could have caused the dent in your calf? Keep an eye on it and keep your workouts light. I am so sorry you are going through so much. Hang in there.

Debbie - I am more of a vegetarian than a vegan too. I am eating more protein instead. I feel better eating some meat/eggs. Plus, I am tired of eating nothing but beans and tofu. Great job this morning.

It‘s raining nonstop here.

Google Morning,

Sorry I have been MIA. I did really well walking the last two weeks of March but this week was a slow start. I did Raw Heavy Bag Heavy w
Weights good workout and love the music. We are headed to a baseball game tonight it’s only supposed to be 50 and the wind is blowing.

Today I took the pup for a 3.2 mile walk. When I got home I jumped on the TM and walked another mile. Total miles traveled were 4.2 and I burned 587 calories.

Debbie, great news on your blood work! Also, I will try that workout soon, thanks for sharing it with me. I am avoiding doing leg work because it irritates my knee. I will be doing more Max Trainer and Elliptical workouts on high resistance to work my legs instead to avoid making my knees hurt. I have been upping my egg intake daily and it is helping me lose some weight. However, I have 10 pounds to go, this Menopause weight is so stubborn!!!

Diane Sue, great news on your knee! Way to go getting in a workout the past few days.

Belinda, I can't wait to see the video!

Roxie, welcome back!

Roselyn, nice job on Chest and Back.

Make it a great day. 70 degrees here today, I want to sit in the sun and read for a while because we have rain again on Friday.

This is the rotation I am doing. Loved the leg workout today. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE5lGVrS3V9em94a4J2f6TaWVt0-HY0cS

Jolie - once it stops raining we will pull out the slides. Right now the RV is parked in our driveway. Nice walks today. You sure getting in some steps. Can you please sent me the link for the infra red light you have? I can‘t find it anymore. There are too many on Amazon.

Roxie - glad you still here. Great job on your walks. Its Been raining here nonstop lately.

Diane - yes, I took part of the vote on the forum.

Today I did Raw Box for Your Waistline, 32 minutes, 183 calories, heart rate 131/152. I finished with CDorner Day 6 wake up mobility and the Chair Stretch from I Max 4 28 minutes, 46 calories. Total time 60 minutes, 229 calories.

Debbie, I was looking at that workout recently. I used to do it a lot. Nice work today. I think I would skip the squat thrusts too. That is ridiculous that they gave your husband a car that had mechanical issues. I bet your husband was pretty angry about it.
My doctor said there was bone loss and the spurs could eventually cause damage. She also said it may eventually be bone on bone and I might even need a knee replacement. I will put that off as long as possible and keep working at trying to build bone. If I am lucky maybe I can avoid that. She did ask if I have been having a lot of knee pain other than the fall and I really have not had that much unless I have an all over flare up or over did something. Jumping will make them ache if I do it often. Also, working in the flower beds for long periods of time. I am bad about not taking something out with me to kneel on.
I am just glad my knee is finally feeling better. Sitting long periods makes my hip flexors tight.

Belinda, those workouts look good. Nice work on Prime Day 3 Legs. I forgot about the dent till I was talking to the doctor on the phone and she said there was a pocket behind the knee that was an open spot. She said I could come back in and she would look at it or have my daughter look at it and see what she thinks. I told her I am going to the arthritis doctor next week. so maybe I will talk to him about it. I trust my doctor, but not real confident in the arthritis doctor.
I think that we just need a well-rounded diet of healthy foods. I made an egg bite recipe that was on the Ancient nutrition site and they turned out really good. I thought I was going to have one this morning for breakfast, but my husband decided to try one when he got home at 5 this morning and he ate the last 4. I had to order more cottage cheese to make some more tomorrow. I try to get calcium in through food along with my supplements. It is absorbed better. I printed up a chart of foods with oxalates and almonds and almond milk etc have oxalates. Years ago my doctors told me to avoid spinach and carbonated mineral water I was drinking because I had osteopena. I love almond butter. Trying to switch to cashew butter.

Roxie, nice work on Raw Heavy Bag Heavy Weights. I previewed it when it came out but have to wait to do it. It did have good music in it.

Jolie, good job on the walk and going home and Treadmill too.

This morning I did RAW Ignite Your Metabolism and had a pretty good workout. It was quick and I liked the drills. 45 seconds on/15 off. I used my step with 2 risers. This is how it went:

Round 1
3 Split Jumps
Elbow Smash
X3

Round 2
Straddle up, down, step knee
3 Fast punches, switch
X3

Round 3
Jump on, jump off, jump on, step off
Mounting climbers (I did squat pulses)
X3

Round 4
Banded Jacks
Jab, Up, Alternate knees
X3

Then I walked on my treadmill for 1.23 miles. Total workout was 58 minutes, burned 545 calories, did 5456 steps, HR was 142/189.

Belinda - I got tired of beans and I hate tofu. LOL! I still make the vegan cheese sauce, that stuff is awesome.

Roxie - I'm going to do that workout tomorrow. Can't wait!! Great job on it and glad to see you posting!

Jolie - Great job with your walk yesterday! Yes, menopause weight is tough to gt off. I hate it.

Diane - Great job with Box for your waistline, I love that workout and the other one similar to it. Kelly has some really good workouts lately. Love them all. I hope your knee is feeling better! Every now and then my knees feel like there are bone spurs under the knee cap. Hate that.

Hope you all have a great day!

Today I woke up with a slight head cold so I decided just to walk instead of lifting weights. I bundled up and took the pup for a 4 mile walk, 1 hour 17 minutes and burned 584 calories. We are supposed to have rain in the morning tomorrow so that would be a good time to work out in the gym since I will not be walking the pup till later in the day.

Debbie, great job on the workout this morning along with the TM walk. I got on the scale yesterday, the first time in a year and I dropped 8 pounds! Why do I look so bad then? I have about 7 more pounds to go but at least the scale is budging. I know the Kelly workouts have boosted my metabolism; I like the way she mixes cardio with weights. I hope to have all of this extra fluff off by summertime. :)

Diane Sue, that was a good workout you got in yesterday, especially when you are having issues with your knee.

Have a great day.

Good Evening,

I wasn’t going to workout worked until 3 but decided to get off the couch and walked on the treadmill for 45 minutes 2.13 miles. We walked the mall before grandson’s baseball game. I have to get my workout done tomorrow morning we have soccer games tomorrow night. Those boys keep us hopping.

Evening,

Today was a rest day from Sydney rotation. DH and I cleaned the RV top to bottom. I did clean when we were in NY, I couldn‘t reach the top cabinets without a small foot stool. There are a few things that needs to be fixed. We are very happy. Tomorrow we probably will work/organize the beach stuff on the garage. We have a lot of storage.

Debbie - I hear you on the beans and tofu. LOL, I love the vegan cheese. I still will make vegan a few times a week. Great job on your workout today.

Diane - sorry you don‘t have a lot of confidence in your arthritis doctor. Glad you keeping an easy on the dent in your knee. What does your DD think it is? Those egg bites sounds yummy. Your husband sounds like mine, mine would have gobbled them up too. What does oxalates do if you eat it?

Roxie - glad you back! Great job on your walk today.

Jolie - sorry about your head cold. Nice job on your walk

Good night.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.