Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for April 2024

My Garmin is still giving really low readings today. I was hoping the update fixed it. I did Raw Upper Body & Abs, 34 minutes, 93 calories, heart rate 94/125. I then did TBTS Intervals 14 minutes, 113/143, 62 calories. I finished with CDorner Day 6 Morning Mobility 12 minutes, 25 calories. Total time was 60 minutes, 180 calories.

Raw Upper Body And Abs 34:39 minutes
Timed 45 seconds alternates upper body and abs

shoulder press 12# dbs
Russian Twist with dumbbell 12#
Repeat

seated preacher curl alternating 15# dbs
Sit up with press up 15# db
repeat

kickbacks 12# dbs lowered to 10's second set because of the facing back
Standing side to side reach abs with 12# dbs
repeat

seated row pulls 15# dbs
Plank hold
Repeat

close grip/ chest flys 15# dbs
Reverse crunch
repeat
Repeat

all upper moves standing
Overhead press alternating 10# dbs
Curls 12# dbs
Kickbacks 8# dbs
Rows alternating 12# dbs
Bench press 12# dbs

stretch

Debbie, nice work on Box and Pump 2. You did well when feeling so tired. I do not know what is up with the Garmin. It was doing pretty well. I sure hope they get the bugs worked out. I have had so many things doing updates lately, including my laptop which was bogged down yesterday. Today it was telling me Word was not responding which generally means it is going to have to update again.

Jolie, great job on the walks. That is too bad that the boxing is bothering the clavicle.

Roxie, nice that you got in a walk.

Hi,

Today I did 40 Minute Lower Body Strength Challenge Workout | PRIME - Day 8.

Diane - nice job on your upper body/abs and mobility today and yesterday step workout.

Roxie - nice job on your walk today.

Debbie - thank you. It‘s fixed now. Hopefully this one will not brake. Fantastic job on your weight workout today,

Jolie - nice job on your walks. Hopefully you get a break and get your weight workout in. I am doing Sydney Cummings Prime rotations. So far I like it.

Good night.

Reactions: WD
I should be a great grandmother tomorrow. My granddaughter went to the hospital tonight. Between that and my arthritis appointment I will not be working out. Looks like a busy weekend coming up. I don't feel that old.

Belinda, nice work on your Lower Body Strength Challenge Workout Prime day 8 today. I am glad you upper lingual retainers are fixed.

This morning I did RAW Upper Sculpt/Lower Tone and I had an excellent workout. I used my 3# dumbbells for the upper sculpt, which was boxing moves and I used 5# ankle weights for the lower body part. I have done a boxing workout all week, I need to find other things to do, but I love these workouts so much.

This was 50 seconds on/10 off although toward the end Kelly shortened it. This is how it went:

3# dumbbells - did right side, then left:
Jabs
Hooks
Upper Cuts
Speed Bag - These were hard with the 3# db

Standing legs using 5# ankle weights - did right side, then left:
Shin Blocks
Knee Pull
Back Kicks or Lifts

Above Jabs, hooks, upper cuts, speed bag but faster - first right then left side but I used my 1.5# egg weights since it was faster

Above Shin Blocks, Knee Pull, Back Kicks but faster - first right, then left side

Jab/Cross (each side separately) - 3# DB
Hook/Up (each side separately) - 3# DB

Leg work on the Floor:
Glute Kicks
Alternate Fire Hydrants
Repeat

Above Jab/Cross and Hook/Ups but faster (used my 1.5# egg weights)

Leg work on the floor:
Up & Out
Leg back, heel up/Toe to floor raises
Repeat

Jab, Hook, Upper, Squats - 3# DB
Repeat other side

Leg work on floor:
Cross Over, each side separately
Alt. Knee In
Hamstring Curls, each side separately

Alt. Jabs, Hooks, Ups, Squat - 3# DB
Same without weights (cool down)

Really fun workout and really burned. I felt it everywhere. Workout was 49 minutes, burned 321 calories, did 2305 steps and HR was 120/155.

Roxie - Nice job on you walk. We have two more days of rain here. Sick of it! Our backyard is a lake.

Diane - My Garmin seems back to normal, hope yours is as well. I hope they don't turn into Fitbits!! I can't believe the difference in calorie burn readings these two devices have. Congrats, Great Grandma!! Hope all goes well today!

Belinda - Nice workout!

Have a great day everyone!

Hi,

Today is a rest day from Sydney Prime rotation. I did yoga today.

Diane - congratulations, Great Grandma!! Enjoy your time with your family.

Debbie - nicely done today.

Jolie - did you get your walk in today?

Have a great day everyone.

My husband walked the dog for me today, I got in a great workout!!! I started with CL #276 All In Upper Body, one of my favorite workouts, and went heavier with the weights today. I woke up with a ton of energy, so I went for it in the gym. Next, I got on my elliptical and ran 2 miles on Interval Mode, 2 minutes on a high incline with high resistance and then 2 minutes lower incline and lower resistance. I was drenched by the time I was done, it felt amazing to sweat that much again. I finished with a 1 mile uphill walk on my TM while watching a tennis match on TV. Total workout time was 1 hour and 44 minutes and I burned 843 calories. I think I will sleep well tonight! :)

Diane Sue, happy to hear you are going to be a great grandmother!!!! Wow, how exciting for you. I am so far away from that, my boys are not even dating anyone at the moment. Give us and update on the baby.

Debbie, nice job on the upper and lower body workout today. It was so awesome to get on my cardio equipment again, I miss running and sweating the toxins out. I will be doing a lot more of it going forward. I am in better shape cardiovascular wise than I had thought, walking the steep hills has made me stronger in the lungs and legs.

Roxie, way to go on getting a walk in outside!

Belinda, enjoy your rest day. Are you going to sign up for Cathe Live again? I am enjoying the workouts and I like to add in some RAW as well as Yvette Bachman into the mix.

Have a wonderful day.

This morning I was so tired, I had to work late last night (spelling bee) and really didn't even want to workout. So I walked on my treadmill for a bit. Felt good to move, but I probably could have used an extra hour to sleep. Oh well.

Workout was 45 minutes, burned 469 calories, went 2.25 miles, did 5371 steps and HR was 151/187. HR seemed high, I wasn't even walking on an incline.

Have a great weekend everyone! So glad it's Friday!

Hi,

Today I did D9 Prime arms and abs.

Jolie - glad you got a good weight workout in yesterday. I will finish the Prime rotation before I sign up for Cathe Live. There a few instructors on YT I would like to try.

Debbie - great job on your walk today.

Have a great Friday.

Today I did CDorner Aerobics Cardio all standing high or low impact, 47 minutes, heart rate 141/184, 278 calories, 4,447 steps. I finished off with CDorner Deep Stretch Full Body 27 minutes, 44 calories. Total time was 74 minutes, 322 calories. My arthritis gave me a steroid injection yesterday since the fall on my knee has caused a flare up. We had a nice time with family waiting for the baby to be born. He is such a precious great grandbaby.

Debbie, you got in a good workout on the treadmill. It seems like the Garmin is working better, I am not sure about the 184-heart rate range though. Nice work on the Raw Upper Sculpt Lower Tone yesterday as well.

Jolie, that is great that your your husband took the dog for the walk for you. Nice workout doing CL All In Upper Body and also the treadmill and elliptical. All three of my older granddaughters are married to wonderful young men. Our family keeps growing.

Belinda, nice work on yesterday's yoga and break day and today's Day 9 Prime arms and abs.

Hi,

Prime Day 10 Glutes and abs Is done All floor work. Lots of band work.

We will pick up my car from NY next week. Yeah!

Diane - hope the shot will help soon. Hang in there. Great job yesterday.

Have a great weekend.

Feeling pretty good today. I did Raw Dropsets Express, 30 minutes, 125 calories, heart rate 113/143. Raw TBTS Raw Sculpt Shadow Boxing, 18 minutes, 83 calories, heart rate 115/132. I then did Raw Stretch Flow 20 minutes, 39 calories, 68 minutes, 247 calories.

Raw Total Body Drop sets Express
Uses an incline step , 10 reps each move first set heavy second set drop to lower weight increment
Warm Up

Front Curl/Overhead press 15# dbs
Front Curl/Overhead press 12# dbs

Crush Grip hold away from chest/squat 30# db
Crush Grip hold away from chest/squat 20# db

Pull over 30# db
Pull over 20# db

dumbbells swing 15's# dbs 20 reps
dumbbell swings 12's#dbs 20 reps

leaning rows 30# db lft/rt
leaning rows 20# db lft/rt

Thrusters(squat press) 15# dbs
Thrusters 12# dbs

1 arm bench press 20# db
1 arm bench press 15# db

stretch

Belinda, nice work on Prime Day 10 Glutes and Abs. That is great that you are getting your car back. The shot is already helping.

Good morning,

Today I will do a nice stretch and walk outside. Hopefully it isn‘t windy outside.

Diane - nice work with Raw Droplets Express and Raw Sculpt Shadow Boxing plus stretch. I am glad the shot is already helping. Feel better soon.

BBl

I did not have time to check in yesterday with my workout. I took the pup for a 4 mile walk through the hills, time was 1 hour 16 minutes and I burned 623 calories. Today I had an excellent workout, I did a newer Cathe Live workout and loved it. This workout you can either go lighter weight and higher reps or heavier weights and less reps. I chose to do heavier weights with less reps. This workout is CL# 465 Strong and Fit All Upper Body, and it is great. Workout was 1 hour, and I burned 422 calories. There is a great AB section at the end of the workout which I am in desperate need of because I have not done a lot of ABS lately.

Diane Sue, I am so happy that you are feeling better, great job on the workout yesterday.

Roselyn, welcome back from vacation and great job with the leg workout today.

I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday, it is sunny today :)

Good Evening,

DH and I took the boat to the lake and before we came home he wanted to go for a walk so I did 2 miles with flip flops on. My heart rate got up to 163 by the time we were done I stopped in at the bathroom and got dizzy and lightheaded couldn’t catch my breath.

Good morning,

Prime Day 11 Full body is done I wanted to get my workout in before we heading to NY to pick up my car. We plan on visiting DH family in Ohio for a few day‘s.

I will check in later this afternoon. Have a wonderful day and workout, everyone.

This morning I did RAW Ripped & Ride June 2019. Had a great workout. I used my treadmill and did light and faster paced jogging.

Each weight exercise was for 1 minute.

Treadmill: 5:25 minutes

Bent Over Rows: 15's
Hammer Curls: 15's
Upright Rows: 12's
Overhead Triceps Extension: 15#
Chest Press: 15's

Treadmill: 5 minutes

Reverse Flies: 12's
Front Curls: 15's
Overhead Shoulder Press: 12's
Kickbacks: 8's
Dumbbell Flies: 15's

Lawn Mowers: 15#
Supinated Curls: 15's
Lateral Raise: 8's
Skull Crushers: 12's
Modified Pullovers: 15# (I did chest press/flyes)

Workout was 47 minutes, burned 371 calories, did 3097 steps and HR was 127/165. I did 1.25 miles on the treadmill which took 20 minutes.

Great job on your workouts this weekend. I'm sorry I don't have time for personals, I have a crazy busy week again this week. Have a great day!

Today I did STS #2 Giant Sets 56 minutes, 178 calories, heart rate 105/149. I finished off with STS #2 mobility #1, 20 minutes. 38 calories. 76 minutes total time, 216 calories.
Giant sets total body
w/up 10 and 15# dumbbells
Group 1 squats 25# dbs 10 reps
chest press 20# dbs 10 reps
overhead press 15/12 # dbs 10 reps (needed to lower the weight at 5 reps)
alternating rear lunges 20# dba 10 reps
deadlifts 25#dbs10reps
bentoverrows25# dbs 10 reps
side to side lunges 20# dbs 10 reps
biceps curls 15# dbs 10 reps
lying triceps extensions 15# dbs 10 reps
hip thrusts 35# barbell 10 reps
Group 2 elevated lunges 20# dumbell 10 reps
alternating single arm chest press 15# dumbbells
alternating single arm overhead press 12# dbs
single leg rear lunges 15# dbs 10 reps
single leg deadlifts 20# db 10 reps
kneeling one arm row 20# 10 reps
single leg side lunges 20# db 10 reps
single arm biceps curls 15# dbs 10 reps
single arm lying triceps extensions 15# dbs 10 reps
hip thrusts 35# barbell 10 reps single leg
Group 3 squats 25# dbs 8 reps
chest press 20# dbs 8 reps
overhead press 12 # dbs 8 reps
alternating rear lunges 20# db 10 reps
deadlifts 25#dbs10reps
bent over rows 20# dbs 10 reps
side to side lunges 20# dbs 8 reps (knee was feeling it a bit)
biceps curls 15# dbs 8 reps
lying triceps extensions 15# dbs 8 reps
hip thrusts 45# barbell 8 reps

Good Evening,

I went for a 2.5 mile walk this afternoon. It’s really humid today expecting storms later. I am listening to a really good book by Kristin Hannah called The Women.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.