Hardcore check in for December 2016

Today I did Cycle Sweat from Strong and Sweaty, 53 minutes, 360 calories, 11.22 miles, heart rate 122 avg./163 max. I may do some lower body barre work tomorrow. My Spin Bike said 411 calories today. Cathe's workout manager has over 500 calories. My steps were 3228. I always wonder how the Fit Bit Calculates the steps. Maybe the standing portions?

Debbie, we watched all of Maggie because I purchased the crazy thing. It had no real plot. One of my older grandchildren were here visiting and watched it with us. No one wants it so it just sits here. I would like to take the highest calorie count that I come up with but I am afraid it would come to haunt me when it gets to calories in and calories out. Nice workout today !

Today I did STS # 13 Chest, Giant Sets Chest, Icy Core # 1 and leg extensions. I am still doing one body part per day, I like to really hit each muscle hard.

Chest Press DB- 25# x 12, x 12, x 12

Chest Flies- 20# x 12, x 11, x 10

Incline Chest Press DB- 25# x 12, x 10, x 9

Incline Flies- 20# x 12, x 10, x 8

There are only 3 chest exercises in Giant Sets and I skipped the pushup because they hurt my shoulder and I am already spent.

Chest Flies- 15# x 16

Incline Press DB- 20# x 16

Icy Core # 1 I cant believe how weak I am in the core and abs. I am going to start doing abs at least two times per week because I really slacked off the last coupe of months.

Leg Ext.-
40# x 25
50# x 16, x 15, x 13, x 12, x 10, x 8 TF

Debbie, great workout today. I usually workout at 7:30 am and it is a whole lot easier than working out at the "crack of dawn"! I have to start working my legs more, walking just isn't doing the job. My muscles are not firm so I will have to start lifting weights. Did you like the legs portion in Giant Sets?

Diane Sue, I hope you are feeling better each day!

Roselyn, I cant wait to hear how the Core de Force is going! I am not sure if I can do that workout or not, there is a lot on your toes exercises and I cant do that due to a fused big toe that will not and cannot bend.

I am so weak from doing endurance type workouts the last two months. I lost quite a bit of muscle mass and I was working so hard today with not too heavy of weights. My eating has been way off the last month as well, that is probably why I feel so weak. I went and bought protein powder yesterday so I can start getting some muscle back! Also, I made deviled eggs this morning to snack on during the day.

Workout was 1 hour and I burned 314 Calories.

Have a nice day.

Today I did Ramped Up Upper Body and had a great workout. I like this one although she went too fast from one exercise to another at certain points. I needed to rest a bit more. No biggie, I just paused for a few longer seconds. I hate hate hate the music. It was driving me crazy. By the time I got to triceps I went to the main menu and shut the music off and then it was fine. I really hate that constant loud music. No singing, just nasty banging music. No thanks. Gives me a headache.

It really was a great workout, though, despite that. I felt it in every muscle. The shoulder work is killer. Again, 38 exercises. I used the exact weights Cathe used except the 2nd set of lateral raises. I used 3's instead of 5's. These were a burner.

Workout was 54 minutes long, my average HR was 90 and the max was 152. Burned 173 calories.

I also walked on my treadmill for 1.5 miles.

Diane Sue - You bought the movie? LOL! OMG. We got it from Netflix and that was bad enough. Oh well, it happens. Awesome that your FB kept track of your steps on your spin bike, I'm actually surprised to hear it did. Nice job with your workout, I bet you felt great afterwards!!!

Jolie - You'll get your strength back fast. Remember, you went with light weights and endurance training because you said you get too bulky. Did the training you were doing help with that?

Hope you all have a great workouts!!! Getting an implant in my mouth today. Hope there is no down time afterwards.

Today I did XTRAIN Back, added some deadlifts at the end. I am trying to get in one leg exercise per day so I don't have to devote an entire day for legs. A whole leg day would cut into my walking and cardio so I don't want to due that cause I am doing really well getting some fat off! Lastly, I walked on the treadmill, 46 minutes, 6.5 incline and entire workout start to finish I burned 641 calories!

1 arm rows-
25# x 12, x 12, x 16 TF

BB rows-
45# x 12, x 12, x 14 TF

Rear flies-
12# x 12, x 12, x 15

Stiff leg deadlifts with a slight bend in the knee-
45# x 12, x 12, x 12 TF

Debbie, I previewed Ramped Up Upper Body while I walked on the treadmill. It looks like a great workout. I cannot try it till I get some resistance tubing. What color band do you use? Good luck with your implant today! Does your insurance cover the cost? Mine does not and It will be very costly for me so I am going to get it done after I get my taxes back. Take it easy!!!!

Diane Sue, I hope you are feeling better today. I will be back later to see what you did for your workout today if any. I got a new cookbook this Christmas called Skinny Taste fast and slow. It looks so good and the great thing about it is, there aren't a ton of ingredients in each recipe. If there are a lot of ingredients in a recipe, I tend not to make it because there is too much shopping involved to make a meal. I follow the lady on facebook and I love how she cooks. She also lists the Weight Watcher points for people involved in that program. I might go back to Counting Points at Weight Watchers again, I did really well with that a long time ago. It really keeps me in check and keeps me accountable.

Roselyn,
I am sure you had and awesome workout or two today! I will be back later to see what you did.

80 Degrees here today and then rain and cold weather till the end of the weekend.

Have a wonderful day.

This morning I did Lean Legs and abs premix chair/firewalker + bonus barre , 35 minutes, 89 calories. Even with this I have to be careful of any overhead movement in the warm up and not to clutch the chair. Afterward I used my Yoga Tune Up therapy balls and did some of knee hab (had to skip the cat cow and stuff on the hands and knees) And I also did some of the moves from upper body with the balls. I woke up last night with my back hurting from mid back to my lower back and right hip. This helped tremendously. Lack of movement seems to make things tighten up and hurt. It feels good to move a bit again.

Debbie, when I quit doing daycare it was so much better being able to work out a bit later in the morning. It is much more difficult when it is so early that I have to push myself to get through it. The workouts are just so much better after I have had time to wake up more gradually. I used to go from sleep straight to the workout at 4:30-5:00 in the morning. If we would have watched that movie on Netflix we would have turned it off and found something else. I previewed the upper body workout from Strong and Sweaty but I did not pay much attention to the music. I just know that I did not hear music that I was loving enough to entice me to do a workout because the music was fun. I hope the dental implant goes well today.

Jolie, I understand not wanting to give up the cardio when it is working. I think the body gets so used to one method and it has to be changed once in awhile to keep getting results. That is a lot of calories. Nice work. I have seen Skinny Taste recipes on Pinterest. I tend to avoid the recipes that require a long shopping list of ingredients just to make them. It is so much nicer when it is simple ingredients without lots of steps and then still tastes good. I was looking forward to the new Whole 30 Cookbook but after reading the reviews and that the recipes require a lot of hard to find ingredients etc.. I decided to hold off. The first one had so many good suggestions and sauces etc.. to go with the meals and that I could use with veggie dishes and salads etc.. I think the difference is that the earlier books were co written with Dallas Hartwig. Melissa Hartwig is divorced and did this one on her own. I was a bit put off when I read an instagram post where she seemed like she was bragging about not having to answer to anyone and that her ex had her son for two weeks of the holidays. She was saying basically that she had more time to pay attention to her workouts and meals than most of us do. Sort of an elitist attitude (as one person said to her) I love cooking, but it is nice to be able to put something together quickly when I do not feel like dong all of the chopping and extra prep work. One of the things I liked about the Wild Diet is they give a prep plan where you can get things ready ahead and store it for up to a few days in the refrigerator till you are ready to finish the dish.

I had my implant done yesterday and it went well but was very nerve racking when he was doing it. Although I was numb and didn't feel a thing, I knew what he was doing and that was really getting to me for some reason. My HR was sky high for a little while there. But it only look about 20 minutes so it was really no big deal. Today it's sore but hardly that which shocks me. I mean, the man drilled a hole in my gum and jaw bone and I'm in no pain. Too weird.

So he told me to take it easy for a few days, no running or lifting until Monday. I walked on my treadmill for 3 miles and broke a sweat. Took 63 minutes, burned 335 calories ad went 7588 steps. Happy with that, easy day!!

Jolie - Yes, I'm assuming my insurance will pay some. I had to pay $1000 yesterday but I know the procedure was about $2400 and when I get the crown I'll have to pay some of the $1800, just not sure how much. Nice workout yesterday! You killed it!

Diane Sue - You better be careful with those workouts, don't push it. I know you are itching to get back but please be careful. I know you are, but I just had to say it. :) Nice job, though. I know what you mean how you get sore and things start to hurt when you don't move or workout. Not fun!!

Roselyn - Hope you are doing well.

Today I did a little of Great Glutes. I did the warm up, dixc, and bonus chair work, 35 minutes, 90 calories. I had to go out and run errands or I would have walked on the Tread Climber for a bit. I needed to go take care of the car tag since it was my last day to do it. Originally my husband was going to do it but he called and had to work later today. Since I was out I ran to Sprouts to get some things that are only on sale till the new year.

Debbie, I am being really careful. I don't even hardly move my arms even for the warm ups and stretches I forgo the child pose and cat cow type of stuff. I just do stuff standing. You are supposed to not do anything that pulls the pecs into play. Tomorrow will probably be nothing because We are going out of town for the day and having lunch. I am glad your implant surgery went well. My husband did that a couple of months ago. We have the best plan offered to us with Blue Cross and it was 550 out of pocket. I was shocked at that. For some reason I was thinking it would be 350 which is what we usually have to pay for a crown.

Today I did Body Beast Build Arms. I changed a couple of exercises and rep patterns but it is basically the same workout. I did the same weights as I always had, but I had to really work hard. I burned 248 calories.

Standing Bicep Curls-
10# x 15
12# x 12
15# x 10
15# x 10
12# x 12
10# x 15
Next time I have to go heavier.

Lying Triceps Ext.-
10# x 15
12# x 12
15# x 8
12# x 8

Preacher Curls-
15# x 12, x 10, x 9

Cross Body Triceps Ext.
10# x 15
12# x 12
15# x 8
12# x 8

Conc. Curls Regular grip no hammer
20# x 12, x 10, x 8
15# x 16 TF

2 Arm Kickbacks-
8# x 15
10# x 12
12# x 8
10# x 8

W Bicep Curls-
12# x 20

Diane Sue, good workout! Take it easy and you will be back full force in no time.

Debbie, good walk. I am so glad your implant went well. I cant wait to hear how the whole thing goes, I am nervous about having the post put in like you had done yesterday. Enjoy your little break from working out!

Roselyn, I hope you are enjoying your new workouts!

Its almost 2017, can you believe it!

Cheers!

I am liking core de force did One today called power sculpt and then worked my back this afternoon

Having a New Year's eve party New Year's day is actually my sisters birthday and she's turning 50 and were combining it with her engagement quite the bash

Jolie, you are really hitting the different body parts hard each day. I am just hoping to do enough so that when I get the go ahead to go back to most work I am not too weak. Plus, I hate that stiff feeling. I will probably hit the Tread Climber and Spin a bit. I think that most weight work is not usually started till 6 to 8 weeks and then it is light. I have a plan written up by someone that is a trainer and is going through her own implant recovery along with her doctor that I have kind of looked over. This is at sprint2thetable.com Her tips are also meant for those who are recovery from other things as well. She has 3-4 weeks for low impact cardio. Her doctor said she could run but keep it at about 70% of maximum effort. Here she has mostly bodyweight lower body and isolated upper to biceps and triceps with light weights. Anyway, the sheet my doctor gave me says 6 to 8 weeks for weights and getting back into things in general for under the muscle. It says 4 to 6 weeks if over. Mine are under. The very first time was over and you could see it. My doctor says I am too small a frame and no body fat. It doesn't work well over. I do not want to do this again so I am being really cautious. Also, it takes a lot out of you. Just taking a shower and doing morning routines leaves me dragging. So the first thing, as the woman on that website says, rest to get back your energy. Each person is different and I am going with what I was told that I can do and will see when I go back the 25th which is 6 weeks. I am almost at 3 weeks.
It seems my husband had them put something over the tooth when they did the post temporarily? He seemed to not be in too much pain afterward but was glad he did it when he had a long weekend before going to work.

Roselyn, Core de Force looks good. I really do like Jericho in Les Mills Pump and Strike Zone with Tracey Staehle. I also have her on an ab workout that I have.

Today I did cardio, Treadmill uphill, 7.0 incline 46 minutes, traveled 2.5 miles and burned 521 calories. I am not sure why my calorie burn is so high, maybe its the high incline for the entire workout. I have a ton of energy today, I slept 11 hours! I never do that, not sure why I slept so long. I guess I need it!

New Years Eve tonight! I never go out, I hate being on the road. I usually watch a football bowl game and call it a night. I love to wake up feeling great on the first day of the year and get a good workout in, its the perfect way to start off the new year.

Roselyn, enjoy your party!!!!!!!!!!! It sounds like so much fun! I am going on YouTube and I will check out your new workouts. They usually have great reviews for the Beachbody workouts.

Debbie,
I hope your mouth is feeling good today! Happy New Year!

Diane Sue, Your at week 3 already! You are on your way. I hope you are feeling better day by day. My muscles are so sore from my workouts this week. I have to say, it feels great. Now I have to empty out the fridge and toss all the naughty food left over from the holidays. I still have fudge, cookies and things like that left, staring at me every time I open the fridge. There is a saying that I like, "you cant out train a bad diet"! It is time to turn things around and start eating healthy again. I lost 4 pounds since August but I suppose I could have lost more if I hadn't eaten all the holiday junk food! Oh well....

I hope you all have a Happy New Year!

No workout today. We left town this morning and were gone all day. We met friends at pizza hut. I had one slice of pizza. By the time we got home this evening I was so hungry that I was raiding the refrigerator. I am glad that I had fresh pineapple sliced and waiting.
We usually stay home on new years. We were trying to get back before New Years eve revelers were out.

Roselyn, have fun at the combined party!

Jolie, we just finished off the last of an almond joy pie yesterday. I am finally free of the junk food in the house. Sometimes I throw the temptations out. I sort of feel guilty when I do that. I would be in trouble with the fudge. The worst is finishing a workout and being really hungry with cookies and fudge sitting right thee for the grabbing. I will probably go to bed early myself. I hardly slept at all last night and kept dozing in the car on our day trip.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.