Hardcore check in for December 2016

Diane Sue, I am so sorry you have had to go through all of this with your implants. I will pray for you and I hope you recover quickly and all turns out perfect! I watch the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and this happened to Yolanda Foster as well. It can do a number on you and your immune system. She chose to have the implants removed in the end, I think out of fear. I know she is doing really well after the surgery.

I wasn't suppose to workout today but I couldn't help it so I did ICE Muscle Meltdown Shoulders. I took it very easy and I was alright. I did four rounds of Giant Sets and it felt good.

Seated Overhead Press- 15# x 12

Upright Rows- 15# x 12

Lateral Raise- 8# x 12

Incline Front Raise 2 arms- 8# x 12

Rear Flies- 10# x 12

Debbie, you are certainly getting some good workouts in lately. It helps to be healthy and not much going wrong in your life! I cant wait to get back to that point, it always seems like something lately is getting in the way of my workouts.

Roselyn, good job with the workouts! The only thing I don't like about Body Beast is the lack of cardio I can get in with those workouts. They are long and you are lifting more than three days per week. Other than that, I get great results.

I hope you all have a nice day. I wish we all lived closer to each other, we could get together for a Holiday lunch or something.

Happy Holidays!

Well, my biceps and back are totally sore this morning. I haven't felt like this in a long time. Feels great!!!

Today I did Run Fit and really felt like I was having a hard time with it. I thought when I'd look back at other time I did this workout I'd see at least a .25 mile drop. But nope, this workout looks like it was even a bit better than the last time I did it. Weird because I really felt like it was kicking my butt. However, I did push myself so maybe that's why. My FB showed my HR didn't get above 121 bpm but my treadmill show I was at 169 at one point, which I believe. I felt like I was at 169. So frustrating that my FB can't clock me above 121. I'd complain to FB but I know people already have.

Workout was 52 minutes, ran 3.52 miles, burned 334 calories (TM showed 468) and went 7039 steps. Woo hoo!!!!

Diane Sue - Wow girl, you've been through a huge scare, that's for sure. I hope it just heals quickly and you'll be back at it soon. I am sorry you had to go through that. I'm sure your daughter was worried sick about you.

Jolie - Are you still in pain with your neck? I hope that gets better soon if you are. You are really making e want to buy the ICE workouts. I may do that after the holidays.

Roselyn - Glad your son is home!!! Enjoy your time with him.

I spent yesterday watching movies again. My granddaughter came in and heated us some soups that I had in the freezer and gave me some more dark chocolates. I am going to have to start working on the nutrition soon. My grandson brought over a ham that I had ordered for his Wrestling team fundraiser. He stayed the rest of the afternoon. We watched the newer Ghost Busters movie. I watched 3 Christmas movies. Some of those are so lame. I did like Christmas Spirit though where the woman falls in love with a ghost and tries to help him. I have another doctor appointment on Tuesday. I am hoping that

Jolie, I watched Real Housewives of Beverly Hills for a little while years ago. I got kind of tired of the cattiness and felt a bit was over acted or maybe some women really do act like that in certain circles. It was entertaining for a while. That is interesting that that happened on there. I was seriously on the fence of getting rid of the implants.. What I have in there will not leave so I guess there may always be some health issues if it starts moving around. I am hoping he got enough that things are better. I remember Jennie Jones who had a talk show years ago had implants removed and then went back a couple of years later and got them again. It makes a difference on the fit of clothing. I think the reason for not working out is increasing blood pressure which can slow healing, cause bleeding and bruising. Since it was lighter and not so much cardiovascular you may be okay. I really do like the Muscle Meltdowns. The Ice Workouts were worth it just for those. It would be nice if we all lived closer. I think we are kind of spread out. I did meet one of the ladies I talked to for years on here and a facebook group once. We had driven to Michigan to visit someone my husband worked with at one time and stopped in Indiana and had dinner with her and her husband.

Debbie, nice workout again today. I have read on Fit Bit Forums that they don't work on some equipment for some reason. Also for certain types of workouts which makes more sense since some workouts you are not moving your limbs the same way. They say it tracks the heart rate correct though. I tried feeling my pulse and checking my heart rate against the FIt Bit but by the time I get the heart rate it is moving down and it is just to hard to check both out accurately. You were probably much higher. I have the Fit Bit give me really high heart rates sometimes and I don't think it is correct by perceived exertion and past experience with other devices. At least it doesn't jump into the 190-220 range like the Polar used to do.

I did not get mine yet, it has to go all the way across the country!

Today I did RWH Biceps.

BB narrow curls- 30# x 12
BB regular grip curls- x 12
BB wide grip curls- x 12
Finisher- W curls 12# DB x 20

Conc. Curls
20# x 12, x 12, x 10
Finisher- Crazy 8's- BB 25# x 24

Instead of simultaneous Curls I did Preacher Curls
Preacher Curls- 15# x 12, x 10, x 10
Finisher- Crazy 8's- BB 20# x 24

Extra
Hammer Curls- 15# x 15, x 13 , x 12

Leg Ext.
40# x 20
50# x 15, x 14, x 13, x 12

Diane Sue, I hope you are feeling good today!

Debbie, Nice cardio workout! Yes my neck is still bothering me but I am not going to address it till after the holidays. I am too busy and my tooth took up too much time last week for me to get to the Chiropractor.

Roselyn, if you preview any of the new workouts, let me know what you think!

Make it a great day! My parents are coming tomorrow so I will try to get in my workouts.

Today I did the Ripped Hiit Lift It, Hit It Chest, Shoulders & Triceps but only did the Shoulders portion. This was a great workout really like this shoulder routine.

This is what I did:

SHOULDERS
Barbell Overhead Press:
25# - 3 sets/10 reps
Superset w/
Upright Rows: 25# - 3 sets/10 reps
Finisher - Scarecrows: 5's/3's - 15 reps - These burned like crazy!

Alternate Lateral Raise: 8's - 3 sets/10 reps
Superset w/
Front Raise: 12# - 3 sets/10 reps
Finisher - Lateral Raise w/Rotation: 3's - 15 reps - These also burned like crazy!!

Then I did the Bonus Ab workout from the new DVD's I just got yesterday, very cool ab workout. I had to stop on some of the exercises because it was putting a strain on my upper back area, but for the most part, was able to do it all. It's a great ab workout. Looks like it is on each of the DVD's but I'm thinking it's the same workout.

Also walked on my treadmill for 1.5 miles.

Diane Sue - I did not care much for the new Ghostbusters. I don't care for Linda McCartney so that's probably why. Me and my DH want to go see Passengers on Monday. That movie looks good.

Jolie - Nice workout!!! Be careful with your tooth just being pulled an all. It's not good to push it when you go through something like that. Although maybe you are all healed up, the days go by so fast I can't even remember when you had it pulled.

Roselyn - Hopefully you'll get yours today. :)

I probably won't be back now until after Christmas so I wish you all a very Merry Christmas. Have fun with your families and eat lots!!!

I just finished downloading the Strong and Sweaty workouts and previewing to make sure they were all there. I need to go through the dvds as well and look over the premixes and chaptering. There were two downloads for Cardio Slam. One with the modifications pop up and the other without. They look good. No problems downloading and I did it wirelessly. Last time with Ripped With Hiit I had a couple of problems with it. I want to make sure all of the dvds are working right. I doubt I will be doing the upper for awhile. It will be light at first and only what I feel is safe and works for me. I have been there before.
It is odd that my right knee is bothering me after not working out for awhile. It is my non surgery knee. I used my yoga tune up therapy balls and knee hab this morning but had to avoid or adjust the bent over stuff and being propped up on my hands. I just laid on my side to hit those different areas and put the ball on a chair to roll around the knee and shin. It feels somewhat better after I did that. I am really glad I bought those. I had no idea they would be better than the hand therapy balls and tennis balls I got from Walmart.

Roselyn, I hope you get your workouts today. I would think that you are closer than I am.

Jolie, maybe you will get your workouts today then. I was surprised how quickly mine arrived here in Oklahoma. Previewing them I think that I will be modifying even on the cardio and like not using the weights and impact at first. Ramped Upper is divided up into body parts so that is a plus if I want to start with arms and avoid chest for awhile. Abs looked good but I was told to avoid abs for awhile. I think from what I read from some other women that have blogs and facebook pages lower abs like hip raises etc. was first to go back to. I think there is a lower only premix on PHA but I haven't checked yet. The Spin workout is where I will start with these so I won't be very good for reviews for awhile. I am feeling good today. Antsy to do something. It is so hard to sit and not do anything. A few more days left till my doctor visit and I believe I will be allowed more activity, He told me to give him two weeks. They know I am not easy to keep still.

Debbie, that ab workout looked good. I do not care for Linda McCartney either. It always seems she is somewhat crude and just not likeable in movies. I did have some hopes for a bit of humor though. I am glad that I only rented it. I kind of want to see Deep Water Horizon with Mark Wahlburg but I just want to rent it not purchase it. Right now it is one of those that Vudu comes up with for purchase first. We have done that with movies that we knew we wanted to purchase and would get to watch digitally and they mailed us the dvd when it was out. I generally like Mark Wahlburg. except for Ted 2. I watched a few minutes and shut it off. My husband hated it too. Dreadful movie IMO. Very crude. Not my type of movie at all. I saw the preview for Passengers. It does look good.
Have a wonderful Christmas !!:) I imagine everyone will be busy.

Merry Christmas to me!! My new workouts came today along with BB Core De Force too, I am ready!!

Today I did Insanity Max 30 Sweat Intervals. I want to do a new workout tomorrow but don't know where to start.

Roselyn, that is great news. I cannot wait to hear your reviews of the new workouts from both Cathe and BeachBody.

Well I hope you all had a great Christmas, I sure did!! My DH got me the Fitbit Blaze (I had the Surge) and man, this one is the bomb. I loved the feature on the Surge where you set up the hours during the day you want to walk at least 250 steps for each hour. Only thing is, you never knew where you were at during that hour with your steps. So if I'm at work and I need to get up and walk so I get my 250 steps in, I never knew how many more steps I needed to do. The Blaze takes care of that, it tells you how many steps you've traveled in that hour so you know how many more to do. Sweet. It also seems to clock my HR correctly as it did this morning when I did the entire Press Play Cardio Coach. This thing went up to 170 at one point when I was sprinting, which in my book, was probably spot on. We'll see if it keeps doing that correctly, all my HR monitors - and I mean every one I've ever owned - did my HR accurately the first couple weeks of use. Then after that they never tracked right. So we shall see. I had a great workout and after all of the foods I ate yesterday, really needed it. Said my Average HR was 127 and the max was 170.

Workout was 1 hr. 5 minutes, I ran 4.25 miles :) burned 488 calories (TM said 627) and went 8853 steps. I'm almost at 10,000 which is good because DH and I are going to see Passengers today and after my last lazy two days, I need to get my steps in today. So I should be good to go today.

Anyone preview the new workouts yet? I want to but haven't had the time. I might do Giant Sets tomorrow. Are there workout sheets anywhere on Cathe's website?

Diane Sue - We seen Deepwater Horizon, it was excellent, we just seen it on Christmas Eve. I also like Mark Wahlberg and you are right, Ted 1 and 2 were ignorant. I think we suffered through the first Ted but never got the 2nd one. Whatever possessed him to make that movie is beyond me. We watched The Secret Life of Pets or something like that last night and that was really stupid too.

Roselyn - I've heard excellent things about Core de Force, I need to look those up. I may get them. Can't wait to hear your review of them.

Jolie - Hope you are having a great day after Christmas!!! Relax and enjoy!!!

Debbie, that is awesome. I love my Fit Bit Blaze. I went into the settings and stopped notifications on how many steps per hour while I am recovering. It kept vibrating to notify me while I am sitting around. I will turn it back on soon though. It is a great feature. I sometimes get a 170 reading as my high on mine too. Yes, it is usually when I am really winded. It has always been rare for me to have that high of reading with Polar and I often wondered at it when I knew I was working at max level and it was around 158 most of the time. It didn't seem quite right. I am sure you are going to love your new watch. I purchased a cradle to charge mine in that does not require me to snap it out of the frame when I charge it that works great. It is not made by Fit Bit. I will post a link if you are interested. I also purchased some tempered glass screen protectors. I changed my sleep patterns to normal and it is now better on my sleep. I did not realize I had it on sensitive and it was picking up every tiny movement or cough at night. In the end it would having me sleeping a little over 2 hours a day. I don't sleep with it on all of the time though. They do say wearing it to sleep helps it calculate you resting heart rate though. It syncs my stuff with MFP which is nice. It took me some reading to figure out how to do it without doubling workout information and MFP sends my calories to Fit Bit. Love it for that. I like the different screen style selections. I get my text messages sent to my watch so I know when someone is texting. The phone has to be in the room though.

Merry Christmas! I took yesterday off because I had a huge meal to cook, actually I cooked 3 over three days and I'm done! I did get my walking in though, burning at least 400 calories each day except Christmas day.

Today I did cardio and walked on the treadmill while I previewed Giant Sets upper body only. This looks great. I can walk on the treadmill and do a total upper body workout on the same day. I will preview each dvd while walking each day. I walked minutes, 2.25 miles, incline 6.5 and burned 436 calories. I'm happy with that calorie burn for 40 minutes.

Debbie, you will love the Blaze!!!!!! Enjoy! Good job on getting your heart rate up to 170! Way to run today!

Roselyn, I'm dying to know what you think about the Beach Body workout you got! Let me know your thoughts. You are very lucky to get 2 new workouts!

Diane Sue, I know you are getting antsy but you have to be patient. Can you walk on a treadmill yet or something low impact? A long walk outside maybe? I cant wait to do the new workouts, especially the weight workouts. I will let you know what I think of them as I compete them. I didn't get the spin one because I need to get my bike fixed.

RIP George Michael! One of my favorite singers when I was younger. I listen to his music every day I walk on the treadmill.

Tomorrow morning I am doing my first core de force workout, MMA Speed will let you all know what I think

Today I did back/chest/shoulders/abs and Christmas morning I did T25 speed.

Hope you all had a great holiday sad that it goes so fast.

Today I did the new Strong & Sweaty Giant Sets and had a good workout. I don't want to type out the entire workout and what I lifted, if you print out S&S manual, the workouts are on there and I did the weights that were listed on each exercise. There are 38 exercises. This is a great total body workout, three leg segments which was pretty good and I was able to do all the exercises. My knees started feeling it but didn't bother me too much. The only thing I did not like at all is the music. I must be getting old because I just do not like that pop crap. I wish she'd go back to using 80's music again, I loved when she did that.

Workout was 57 minutes, I burned 164 calories. Said my average HR was 86 and the highest was 129.

I also walked on my treadmill for 1.25 miles.

Diane Sue - I don't sleep with my FB on, I used to do that but it was so uncomfortable for me. Plus the readings were almost always the same so once I seen where I was at, I really never looked much anymore. I just stopped wearing it at night. So aren't you allowed to walk on your treadmill? I wouldn't think that would put a lot of strain on y chest area.

Jolie - Wow, you cooked 3 dinners. Dang girl, that is just craziness. LOL!!! Sounds like you enjoyed yourself, though.

Roselyn - Nice workout!!! Nice job working out on Christmas morning too!!

I had my doctor appointment today and I can walk on the Tread Climber and use my spin bike. I am to keep things lower body and not anything that requires pushing and pulling with my arms or will cause me to tense in the upper torso and chest area. I go back in a month. At least I can do something now. I may do a bit today. I never care for exercising after I am all showered and dressed. Oddly, yoga is pretty much out because of all of the down dog up dog movements. I did some yoga tune up for my tight legs and hips the other day and had to do it lying on my back and side without lifting up on my arms. It worked but not as well. I am trying to be patient. I asked about vacuuming now and they said no because I am pushing and pulling the vacuum and to get someone else to do it. o_O This makes me crazy. I did go back to some of the cooking the last two days. They said at 12 weeks everything generally is healed up and nicely into place. And I am only at two weeks :rolleyes:
Anyway, I am thinking I can start doing some barre work. It is not my favorite but it will be a start back and not have me picking up anything heavy. I will use ankle weights for some of it.

Debbie, I always get very low heart rate and calorie readings on most of the weight workouts unless it is a metabolic training or circuit workout with the fit bit. I don't know why good actors take on some of the really bad movies they do. I once purchased a movie called Maggie just because it was Arnold Schwartzeneger (spelling?) , and it was dreadful. It was a Zombie movie and there was nothing good about it. The ending was terrible as ell. My grandson, 16 said he had to watch Life of Pets 3 times and it was not a good movie. I did enjoy the newer Pete's Dragon when we rented it for the grandchildren. It is different than the original and not animated. The grandchildren enjoyed it with us as well as The Bog Friendly Giant. When the younger ones come around I try to find ones that are decent and not animated as my husband does not care for the animated movies. I don't mind some of them though. I am curious to see how my Fit Bit works with the treadclimber when I stay on it for awhile . I checked it our once but only for a short time just to see if it picked up my heart rate from the Fit Bit.
I felt that way about writing down the weights on some of the other workouts that tend to have so many exercises and maybe only 1 set of each. It is a lot of work and if someone knows the workout I just say I did Cathe's weights and note where I may have lowered or raised the weights from there. It is easier. I just picked up a folder to print up and put the guide book in. I already have it downloaded to my computer and put it in Google Drive on my tablet. I use my tablet a lot for reference over the paper guide. I mostly just need the work sheets. I d like being able to print those up easily.

Jolie, you have been really hard at work in the kitchen. I had to do very little, but I do love to cook. I made the pies the other day and my husband kept asking me if I was sure I should be doing that. I told him I would call him if I needed him to reach something overhead since I was supposed to keep my arms down by my sides. My husband has been doing the cooking. I had him make a Paleo Turkey Pot Pie recipe the other night. I gave him some slack as he hated onions , and chopped them for him> He has been good about that. He says he makes it with love :D It was so good I made it again with chicken yesterday. I like having lots of soups around. I put some in the freezer.
It did look like the splits on Giant sets would be good. I need to look at the lower body moves on some of these so when I feel I can do them I may be able to do at least some of it with light weights. I think the lower mix on Bootcamp may be a bit easier start just because they go lighter. Maybe I will be able to graduate toward Cardio Slam but without weights an things like burpees. Following the moderator of course. I will have to build my strength back up over time but I have done this before. It does not take long.

Roselyn, looking forward to the reviews on the Core de Force.

Edited to add that I did 30 minutes on the treadclimber, 1.5 miles an hour first 10 minutes graduating to 2.5 mph to the end. Fit Bit says 158 and the Tread Climber was 10 calories more. Not a remarkable difference. I watched the timesaver premix of Strong and Sweaty Bootcamp no upper. That would take some modifying. It is doable but it does have the compound segments in it that would have to be adjusted to just lower. Cathe shows cardio modifiers. It was right at the stretch segment when I was done on the Tread Climber. I have 5, 128 steps so far today. I generally do not have more than two in a whole day since surgery. I forgot to check where it was at before I began but guessing I got about 4000 with the Tread Climber.

Last edited:
Today I did ICE Muscle Meltdown Shoulders, 3 rounds of Giant Sets. I went up in weight for the shoulder press from 15# to 20# and it was still easy. Then I did one round of Giant Sets from the new DVD's, Giant Sets Shoulders. Lastly, I did cardio on the treadmill.

ICE Muscle Meltdown

Shoulder Press- 20# x 12, x 12, x 12

Upright Rows- 15# x 12, x 12, x 12

Lateral Raise- 8# x 12, x 12, x 12

Seated incline Front Raise 2 Arms- 8# x 12, x 12, x 12

Rear Delt Flies- 10# x 12, x 12, x 12

Giant Sets DVD

Seated Shoulder Press- 20# x 16

Upright Rows- 15# x 16

Rear Delt Flies- 10# x 16

Incline Front Raise-(alt. arms) 8# x 12
Incline Front Raise- (2 arms) 8# x 6

Lateral Raise- 8# x a lot
2/2 count x 1 rep to 1/1 count x 2 reps

My shoulders are feeling pretty good at the moment!

I walked 30 minutes on the treadmill, 1.6 miles, 6.5 incline, 30 minutes and I burned a total of 564 calories. After my workout I walked my dog for another mile. I kept my Fitbit on and when I was totally finished, workout and dog walk was 1 hour and 15 minutes, 665 Calories!

Diane Sue, I am so happy you can start moving around and getting the blood flowing a bit! Be careful and listen to your body.

Debbie, good job on the entire Giant Sets workout! I think your calorie burn is low for a total body workout. When incorporating legs with upper body my heart rate typically goes much higher than yours. Of course you are in kick ass shape so you probably don't have to work as hard as I do...:(;)

Roselyn, dying to hear about your new workouts!!!! Do tell...

I went to the oral surgeon for my follow up appointment and he said I'm doing great! Now I have to wait several months for my bone to heal before I think about getting an implant put in the space.

It is sunny and 75 degrees today!!! I have my patio doors open and I am loving that I can air out my house.

Have a great day.

I loved core de force the work out with only 27 minutes MMA base and I love trainer worked biceps later this afternoon will update on tomorrow's workout

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like Jodi, I am also off this week and it's great to have time to workout and do it AFTER 5:30 a.m.!! I have so much more energy at 8 a.m. versus 5:30, what a difference. Today I wanted to do CC#6 with Candace and her Run Fit workout so I decided to do the mix of both the workouts I put together some time ago. Wow, what a tough workout but I really enjoyed it. Another 4 miler for me. My legs are really sore after that and yesterdays Giant Sets.

Workout was 62 minutes, ran 4.13 miles, burned 432 calories (TM said 570) and went 8542 steps. My average HR was 120 and max was 170 again. Woo hoo!!!!!

Diane Sue - Well, I give you a LOT of credit for watching all of Maggie. OMG, what a horrible movie. We rented it a while ago and watched like 20 minutes of it and turned it off. Why would Arnold put his name on such a piece of crap movie? I did not understand that at all. I'm so glad to hear you can walk on your treadmill now. I'm sure that will make you feel better, at least you an get your steps in. Enjoy but be careful!!!

Jolie - My HR rarely gets high when I lift, not sure why. Even with Giant Sets moving from one exercise to another I started breaking a sweat toward the end of the workout. Nice job yesterday with your shoulder work. I bet you are feeling it today. Those arch things on the ball fried me.

Roselyn - Glad you like Core de Force, I keep forgetting to look those up. I'll have to do that later.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.