Damage Control July

Yesterday was Imax 2 in the a.m. and XT B&T in the p.m. My fanny is still incredibly sore from Tuesday's workout, great combo! I'm not sure what I'll do this morning, as all that is left for choices this week are ME, BC, and PUB. I really just need a cardio today, maybe AT.

Diana, that's awesome you have a new training partner! Makes all the difference with motivation. Your new job sounds fantastic! Funny, the two movements that bother DH's shoulder are overhead presses and lying tricep extensions. I think STS won't be a problem now that he's done XT and GS for the past six months.

Beth, for the first two cardio blasts on plyo #2, I have to lower my step to 4". I hope to someday be able to up it to 6" without killing myself. I lurve Matt Damon, I'll have to rent that movie soon. Right now in our house we have: 3 dogs, 3 cats, 2 parakeets, 4 dragons, 2 geckos, and 7 chicks. I'm really surprised DH still comes home at night. ;) Did you see the Cathe article on prioritizing working out. Just say NO to extra work hours. :)

LL, it must be quiet in your house with two boys away at camp. Makes me smile to think of them opening their candy package. :)

Puppy update: this little fella is so cute! DD had a dog trainer come over yesterday for two hours and we went over crate training. He's taking to the crate pretty well so far. The vet thinks he'll be 85 lbs and the trainer put her bet on 100 lbs. :eek:

Decided to take a light day and did an hour long (plus commercials fast forwarded) Pilates workout (although it's a stretch calling it a workout) from zliving TV. Today in 21day fix its a Pilates day and I feel like I've done a lot of hour plus king workouts the last few days. [emoji4] now to figure out what to do on this cloudy day with the boys.

Tina- I had imax 2 on the schedule today but I just felt like doing something a little easier today. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ended up doing RWH Plyo #2 and Abs #2. I was wrong about my step height. I have the Reebok Step and it only has 6", 8", or 10" options. Even at the 6" step, I find those side bounce over jumps really hard! I did finally master the step shuffles, it's nine taps on top and then change to the opposite side. Tonight was MM upper body only premix with DH. Looking forward to two long bike rides this weekend. I didn't get one ride in this week. :(

BBL to check in on everyone. :)

I did X10 Fat Burning Circuit this morning.

Tina- you have zoo over there! Love it! 4 dragons! I would love to see what they look like. My step is the old Firm Box and only does 6", 14" and angled. My 2 older boys come home today! Yay!

Spent the afternoon at the DuPont ER. I did get in RWH plyo 1 in before B started annoying CDawg who physically tried to stop him. B retaliated by throwing a cup at CDawg as C was closing a door. The cup bounced off the door into Little K's head, big gash, sedated stitches. He bled on me and then later threw up on me later, hopefully due to the meds not a concussion.

I'm going to try the August rotation, I put it in my calendar in wo manager, with modifications for GS upper body stuff, slow and heavy, high reps, rock out knock out and pedal power. We will see how it goes as I may need to just do 30 min workouts this week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I didn't have have rotation suggestion of Petal Power so I did Rhythmic Step, I forgot how tough this was, it starts out easy but after about 25 min I was dripping and at 50 min I was ready to be done! So fun thought! Tomorrow is 4D Kickbox. Hopefully I can get to it. b's party is tomorrow afternoon and I still have to ice his big cookie which I made tonight first thing in the morning, hopefully after my wo!

Little K is fine and so is everyone else. No pool for him for 2 weeks!! And part of the discipline for CDawg and B is no swimming for 2 weeks too and helping/serving Little ask daily until he is better and cleaning up the blood on the rug in the upstairs hallway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday was a 4.5 mile run in the morning, walk at lunch, at 25 minute bike ride in the evening. Since my tri is this weekend I thought I should pump up my tires and go for a ride. It was after 7:30 when I got started and I didn't want it getting dark on me-DH would be very mad. I definitely don't have the cycling strength I used to. As far as the new training partner, we've only emailed, not actually done anything. Oh well. This morning I did the BR Fat Burn Day 3-2 times through. It was a 12 min circuit, cardio/abs. I did it 2 times through. I think tomorrow I will do days 4 and 5. Since they are short it's easy to do more than one.

The mud run scheduled for the end of the month has been cancelled. My cousin and I have decided to start hiking the Colorado 14'ers. These are mountain ranges 14,000 ft or higher. I bought us some Colorado 14'er passports to document our trips. It should be fun.

On the braces front, I've been back to the ortho every week for a loose wire, same one in the same place. It's really getting old. They said this is very normal and once I'm in the next thickness of archwire, then this shouldn't be a problem. Other than that, I can see some changes happening and it hasn't been too bad at all.

LL-How is the 21D fix going for you? Rhythmic step is a fun one for sure! Nice job with X10! Hope you had a great day at the pool. Jealous.

Tina-I often think of doing Imax 2, but I like 3 so much better. 2 has the single jumps that really hurt my feet/bunions. Other than that one segment, I really enjoy the rest of it. Plyo 2 is super tough for me too. I use 8" but don't keep the same pace. I should try my high step on 6" for that one. You have quite the zoo going on at your house.

Beth-what are you up to? Did you have a chance to check out the flylady link?

bbl

Diana- 21DF food is going terrible! Pizza and cookie cake today for B's late bday party. But I've been working out most days. And no more pool days for 2 weeks from Monday night because of Little K's stitches. [emoji24]

Tonight I got in 4D Kickbox, way more fun than I remember! Tomorrow is STS Total body.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.