Commit to Get Fit & Lean for October 2014

Good morning,

Just did a homemade circuit w/DH. It took us 38 min. We worked Chest, Tric and Booty. Saturday we will work back, bic & tights. Next week I am thinking doing either 1 Body part a day or splits? I like to keep it around 30 min. I need to go through my Cathe's weight workouts, probably starting with her oldest ones? Been working on a low impact rotation since yesterday.

Cookie - I made sure my dentist gave me stronger antibiotics. LOL! I went through a lot of antibiotics with my sinus infections. Most of the meds doesn't work, I guess my body got used to them. I will give Travis a try this weekend. I will post the link to the hip/back video.
I also have a youtube channel. My youtube username is: bayerngirl63. I have everything organized.

Jessica - congrats on your weight loss. That's fantastic! Keeping up with your workouts is the key. Thanks about the tooth.

Kirstin - thanks! It is very painful. Hope the meds kick in soon. Good job Flextrain and the walks. How was Baxter agility class?

Hey girls,

SBF Upper glutes (25 min)and Core 2 (15 min) is done! Core 2 was super tough. I know I will feel my abs tomorrow. I am still sore from yesterday’s workout. Great workouts!

Make it a great day, everyone! I am done for today, lol!

'Evening!
Belinda, how is your dh's back? Guess you finished the SB work? Nice job on creating your own rotation. I'm not good at that at all. I subscribed to your channel. You sure have a lot of videos there! Thanks a lot.
Jessica, four pounds is really good. That's a bag of sugar when I go to the grocery store. I struggle to lose any weight. It is light it is magnetized to me!
Amelia, how is your brother doing?
Kristin, how was agility training. One of our dogs must spend most of her day lugging branches from the woods and placing them by our house. Every day there is a huge pile of branches, sometimes as long as 12'. She's a nutcase.
Wendy, how are you doing? You must have a lot of memories of your cat. Do you have other pets?
Deb, safe travels to Florida. Enjoy and be safe. Looking forward to hearing about it.
Did Rock It Off, an older Firm dvd, used my Bosu and rebounder and got a good wo. I really do like it when a wo is over, and I feel it in my ages. It's my least favorite yet most needed part to workout. Managed to get to Manchester, VT after work today to get new shoes. Went there mostly for the beautiful drive, but did find a pair of shoes as soft as leather and felt like slippers when I put them on. I came home all set to find another pair online, which the store didn't have, but dh convinced me I probably should wear the new ones a few times before getting another pair! Geesh, I hate it when he is so reasonable and logical at times.
Cookie

I AM ON FIRE I HAVE DONE THREE WORKOUTS IN A ROW! WHOOO!

*Xtrain Chest, Shoulders, and Biceps
*Xtrain Low Impact HIIT
*Xtrain Bis and Tris

ON FIRE I TELL YA!! LOL!

Belinda-You really did some great workouts!! And glad you got a stronger antibiotic!

Jessica-Four pounds is FANTASTIC. Keep up the excellent work!
Cookie-I have one other cat now. The house just feels weird, you know? But it will be the new normal in time. Where are you, Cookie? I would LOVE to be able to drive through Vermont!

Okay more later-PUCK IS DROPPING FOR DALLAS STARS GOTTA GO!! (Huge hockey fan...and it helps to watch hockey when you are working on a hockey series, LOL.)

Hi guys. I did a mish-mash of workouts tonight. I did Low Max, second premix (rounds 4-7). Then I added TTM fitness tabata and then the upper/core work from TTM. I also walked Baxter for 40 minutes. Overall, a good, active day.

Agility training was fun last night. It is like boot camp for dogs. Baxter had to run through tires, jump through a hoop, jump over a huge log and then go through the cones, climb a ladder, walk a plank and go down the other ladder. He did very well. All this time I have been walking him with a harness and a retractable leash (as per my old dog trainer). The instructor showed me the proper way to walk with a regular leash and collar and my homework was to practice walking without the harness. So I took him today with just the leash and collar and I have to say I did well with it.

Belinda- nice job. I am itching to start doing split workouts, but I am going to stick with TB workouts for this month and then switch it up. The low impact Hiit pictures look good. Cannot wait to see video clips.

Cookie- your dog must feel the need to work, lol. When Baxter needs to get out his energy, he will ask to play. If I don't play he will grab something he is not supposed to have, show me and run away, essentially tricking me into playing with him, lol.

Jessica- Woo hoo on the four pounds! That is awesome!

Deb- Are you all packed and ready to go?

Wendy- High fives on the workout!

Waving hello to Amelia!

Kristin

Good morning,

I will do SBF Adv. Quick Hiit and TB Interval 3 = 25 min. Suzanne's cardio are low impact. They really get my HR up without all the impact.

Cookie - thanks for asking, DH back is doing better. He modifies when needed. I had a lot of practice on creating my own rotations over the years, lol. I have a lot of videos set on private, I will see if I can open/add you too it. I always add more videos to my channel. Glad you like it. LOL, that's what my husband would say about the shoes. What't the name of the shoe? I have trouble finding shoes that doesn't border my PF/heal spur.

Kirstin - like your mish-mash of workouts. I am going back and fourth on TB and Splits, can't make up my mind. By next week I have to figure something out. I can't wait to see clips of the new workouts. Glad Agility training went well.

Jessica - Woo hoo on the weight loss and getting your workouts in. Keep it up, girl!

Debbie - have fun in Florida this weekend.

Waves Hi to everyone that checks in today.

Hey girls,

I am done with my workouts. Workouts was round 35 min not 25 min:cool:

I will be back later. Make it a good one. I may do some yoga later, my hip is tight. BBL!

Hi everyone,

We made it to Daytona last night:) The weather is beautiful. It's a lot of fun, 1st class was kickboxing. My back still isn't 100% but it actually felt good in classo_O. Lots of free time so happy DH came. The Internet is tough here so will try again if not will get back after the weekend!

Great job with your workouts! Have a great weekend!

Debbie - be careful with your back. Saw some pic on FB, wished I would be in FL right now too. Have lots of fun and say Hi to Cathe from me.

Hi Ladies.

Yesterday was Trisets- UB and tonight was just a dog walk. It was a beautiful night for a walk, had to take advantage.

Belinda- Excellent work as always.

Cookie- Great job on your workout. I remember my mother had the firm videos and that scary looking step!

Debbie- Glad you arrived safely. :)

Kristin- Awesome workouts! I don't have Low Max, have to check it out.

Wendy- Woo Hoo! Three day streak!! :p

Have a great night!

Jessica

Good morning,

Today is a Active Stretch = 20 min. I will be in DC today visiting my kids. I will be back tomorrow.

Jessica - nice job on Trisets- UB.

Have a great day and workout, everyone. Waves Hi to everyone.

'Morning!
Belinda, I got a pair of Riekers antistress low boots. Wore them yesterday, no break-in period and they felt comfortable all day. I brought along an anti blister gel in case I needed it but never did. I need another pair so I will probably get another from this line. I've heard Dansko is also good for pf but the rocking motion of them didn't feel like a natural fit to me, plus they are pretty clunky looking, imo.
Amelia, how's everything. Check in when you can.
Jessica, I'm sure I'm about your mom's age, 57. The Firm had that wood fanny lifter and then the two-part blue and purple one. Crazy, but I still have both, yet I use Cathe's high step. The wooden one I use as a step stool in my closet and the plastic blue and purple ones are stands for my stability balls. My kids growing up would talk about the Firm and Cathe lines that they would remember. Janet Jones-Gretzky was by far my boys' fav wo for me to do! My mom used to do Jack LaLanne stuff but never anything w/wts. Can't remember if his even had wts for women back then.
Wendy, I'm a Detroit Red Wings fan. Have been since I was a kid, the college my mom worked for, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI)hockey team wore uniforms very similar to the Red Wings. Makes no sense since we are no where near Detroit, but what can I say. I also love hockey, but not the fights. We have season tickets to the RPI games. I'm in upstate New York.
Kristin, the dog with the branches is a definite nut case. She is very active and loves to be outside. I bet Baxter really enjoys agility. Since he is so well behaved when you walk him, he'll probably make an easy transition to just the collar.
Deb, thanks for check in while on the rt. Glad your back is doing okay and kb went well. Enjoy.
Picked up my new glasses last night. OMG my right eye is blind. Even w/ultra thin lenses, it still is a coke bottle. The left one is not really bad at all, but the right one just keeps getting worse. Oh well, at least it is correctable w/glasses. I know I'm sounding vain but I dislike wearing them for reading, which I can't do w/o them, and having to look over my nose at folks to look at them during meetings. The dr actually said it would be too much for me to adjust to bifocals since there is such an imbalance between the two eyes! Oh well, first world problem. Did AB this morning and JS Latin Dance Walk. Going to a local brewery opening later today and celebrating Porktober!
Cookie

'Morning!
Had fun at the brewery. Guess this was another fund raiser, two I've gone to there so far, and the actual opening is on Wednesday. Think I'll have to go to that for three in a row. Today is a long hike, groceries and clean max.
Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Cookie

Good morning,

I will give Travis a whirl today.

Cookie - glad you had fun at the brewery. Thanks about the boots, I will google them. Glad you like them. I did try those rocking motion on last year, can't see how they suppose to help my PF? As soon as, I put them on my right foot was in worst pain?

Debbie - hope you had lots of fun in FL. I looked at pic and I couldn't see you, lol. You must have been hiding in the back.

Waves Hi to everyone that check in after me.

Hi everyone. Friday ended up being a rest day. We live right by our firehouse and they were having a fire prevention night. We walked over there and they had free ices, truck rides for the kids and all kinds of fire demos. The boys had a blast. Yesterday I spent the entire day giving the house a good cleaning. No real workout, but I did walk the dog for an hour after all the rain. Today we had our family photo shoot. We had one before school started this year, but the pics got ruined in editing? :eek::confused::( so we had to retake them. We took some at a pumpkin farm and some at a beach nearby. These should be good. When we got home I did X10 low impact and fitness blast premix. Now I am going to shower and get ready for dinner and a movie with DH. We are going to see Gone Girl. I read the book this summer so I am dying to see how it is on film.

Belinda- We saw an RV store by the farm. I wanted to check them out, but DH didn't ant to waste time. My boys were interested, lol.

Deb- saw a lot of Daytona pics on Facebook. Looks like everyone had fun. What can you tell us about the new workouts. ;)

Jessica- Low Max is a good one if you like low impact and step. Think IMAX only low impact. It burns the lower body like nothing else too, which is why I split it up last week, lol.

Cookie- clean max. . . that is what I had to do yesterday. I need a cleaning lady!

Waving hello to Amelia and Wendy.

Kristin

Morning!
Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. However, my dh would remind me that not everyone (like him) has today off! Did tb and running around trying to get a few things done before taking my mom out to lunch an shopping.
Have a good next workout.
Cookie

Good morning,

Today I will do SBF LB Cardio = 20 min + Butt Lift = 25 min. Not sure, what else I will do today?

Cookie - enjoy your day with your husband. Mine is home too. BTW, I did Travis Flexibility last night. Loved it!

Kirstin - nice job on your workout yesterday. Maybe next time?

What are your plans today?

Have a great Monday, everyone.

Good afternoon,

Both workouts are done! I am still thinking adding a Cathe light weight workout?? LOL!

Debbie - hope you taking a rest day today?

I will try to check in later today, if not tomorrow morning. BBL!

I am back: Just finished Meaner Legs:rolleyes: Been awhile since I done that one. Feeling my LB already.

I am done for today. See you all tomorrow.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.