Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Hello ladies, my left heel is still bad. I'm barely managing the steps in my house, so I will be laying low for a bit.

Belinda, happy birthday and best wishes. Mine is next week. We are both May babies.

I'll be getting together with my mom and dad this weekend for birthdays/Mother's day. She will be seeing her surgeon about hip replacement on my birthday. She is blind and diabetic. My father is also disabled. I will have to go stay with them for a while after the surgery to help out. They live an hour and a half away. I'll know some more next week.

Again best wishes and great workouts both of you.

Thank you, Laura :) When is your birthday? Glad you listen to your body. Get some rest :)

Hi girls,

Thanks again for all the birthday wishes. Had an amazing day yesterday. Today I did Xtrain Chest, Back and Shoulder premix #9 Timesaver (Rounds 1- 7)...45.38 and Leslie Swanson 1 mile Jog.

Diane Sue - I wished my dog would go into my closet and stay there, but he doesn't :( He wants to be right next to me and I have to comfort him.He is a big baby :) Wtg on your workouts. Rocking it!

That is it for me today. I see you all tomorrow. Have a great evening.

No workout again for me. Weather is going to be nice tomorrow so I'll try out some walking. Heel pain is a little better, I think.

Belinda, I'm glad you had a great birthday. Mine is on Tuesday. I'll celebrate this weekend with my folks and then with DH on the day.

Diane Sue, I don't know anybody recently that has had a hip replaced. The surgeon my Mom is going to does a new procedure that I guess is less invasive and is supposed to have better recovery time. And since she is blind and diabetic recovery will be more problematic. Walking is just more challenging for her since she can't see anymore.

Great workouts everyone. I so want to do the Cathe live boxing workout from today. Maybe by next week. I hope.

Belinda, I guess you would have to sit in the closet too :) Poor doggie.

Laura, I hope that you can get out and walk tomorrow. That is good that they have surgery that is less invasive. Dealing with diabetes and being blind would make recovery harder. I know with knee replacement surgery they have the person up and moving soon afterward. We had a friend that had knee replacement surgery. I have no idea how the hip would be.

Hi everyone,

I am done with XTrain Biceps & Triceps - Premix 08 Timesaver (Rounds 1-6) + Core #2 (44:59).

I have no time for personals right now. BBL!

Today I did the Low Impact series Low Impact Challenge Extreme Mix, 72 minutes, 563 calories. Today my youngest grandson turns two. We are having his birthday party this evening at my daughter's in the country so he can see the cows :) They are having pizza so I am bringing salad. I have a feeling between tonight and Sunday it will be a bit hard to stay on track. My daughter is bringing enchiladas Sunday for mother's day dinner. I love enchiladas.

Well today I did get a walk in, just not as expected. My car broke down just over 5 miles from home while my DH and I were coming home from running errands. I did my top walking gear home while DH stayed with the car and speed walked home to get the other car. DH is a car guy, so then he got the tools to get under the car. My shifter cable came undone. He managed to get it to hold together enough to get it back home. Then he will permanently attach it. He has been up all night with back pain.

Diane Sue, enjoy your parties. Like you, I know I won't be on track food wise until Wednesday with birthdays and Mother's Day. I LOVE enchiladas. Enjoy.

Great workouts everyone. Have a great weekend.

Laura, I guess you got your walk in. I am sorry your car broke down. That is good that you husband was able to get it started and can fix it. I don't spend a lot of time worrying about being strict with eating when it is family gathering days :) I just enjoy it. I had a piece of pizza, salad, and some pepper and olive oil triscuts. No, cake. I am not a huge cake fan anyway unless it is loaded with nuts and candy :p Although when we left (husband has to work tonight) they were pulling out ice cream. That's when I am in trouble.

Happy Saturday, everyone.

Rock'n & Sock'n Kickboxing:
Basic Premixes: #2 Warm Up + Main Routine + Muscle Meltdown - Triceps + Stretch - 61:52 is
DONE.

Wishing everyone a great
Mother's Day tomorrow.

Have a great day and workout.

Today I did 21 Day Fix Extreme Dirty 30 from one of my Chisel dvds, 33 minutes, 185 calories. I followed this with Kelly Coffey's Strength and Stamina workout #1 with no cardio leg blasts mix, 38 minutes, 194 calories. Workout 71 minutes, calories burned, 374 calories. I spen 35 minutes when I was done doing foam rolling and Strong knees calf work with the stretch segment. I was always a bit disappointed in this knee workout because it is basically the same general stretches from other workouts. It has a lot of information and stuff that would be great for someone who had not done workouts before and needed help with their knees. When I had the knee surgery I had purchased this one and Yoga Tune Up series knee dvd. I much prefer the Yoga Tune up dvd.
Dirty 30 was all upper lower work segments 3 rounds each exercise pair is done for 1 minute
rnd 1 curtsy lunge/half moon light weight I used 8#
squat shoulder press 8#
repeat
rnd 2
heavy push up renegade row 10's#
side lunge sword pull 10# first time then 8#
repeat
rnd 3 single leg squat /upright row 8's # set 1 10's set 2
lunge bicep hammer curl rest then repeat lunge, bicep, hammer curl
Bonus Core plank knee I and across with opposing arm pull through30 seconds left then 30 seconds right

Strength and Stamina each exercise pair is done 3 sets followed by a kettlebell swing segment
w/up then halos with the kettlebell
reverse pec deck 10# pair 12 reps
goblet squat set 1 15's# then I just used a 20# kettlebell for the other two sets
20# double arm kettlebell swings
biceps supinating curl 15# each hand 12 reps
reverse lunge front lunch 1 set x 15's; 2 sets by 12's
20# kettlebell 1 arm swings
shoulders overhead press 12 reps 12# dumbbells all 3 sets
deadlift 15's 12 reps 3 sets
kettlebell figure 8
triceps overhead extension balance on one foot I used a 20# kettlebell instead of dumbbell
side lunge pass dumbbell under leg (figure 8) 15#
3 sets
kettlebell alternating swings
mat chest press alternating 15#12 reps 3rd set double press add on
hip lifts 15# pair 12 reps
3 sets

Good morning! I moved my workout space outside this weekend to start my summer workouts. Just a few dumbells, a mat, suspension trainer, etc. I can't stand sweating in the basement when its nice outside! So I've got some lift weights faster and some youtube stuff planned.

Today I started with Ripped With Hiit Lift it Hit it Back, shoulders, and biceps, abs in place of finishers, adding the final crazy 8 finisher and stretch to the end, 54 minutes, 231 calories. I then did All Out Low Impact Hiit double step cardio mix, 30 minutes 209 calories. I finished off with Combo 1 then abs and stretch from Zero To Sixty. I used 2# for combo 1. I guess that was really the warm up but I did not want to do anymore than that. I have a lot to get done around here since my 15 year old and 5 year old grandchildren will be coming tomorrow night and staying for a week. They both have activities I am going to be running them to along with before and after school.
Total time was 1 hour and 42 minutes, 519 calories.
I got this idea today of maybe taking Hammer Build Up and just part of the segments, like the biceps which is all grouped in a round and the triceps all grouped in a round and the core group. I don't want to do pull ups. If/when I do these again I will use the tubing. I am afraid of hurting my shoulder again.
Lift it Hit it back, shoulders, biceps abs are all from abs#2
1 arm row, 12 reps 35#; 35#; 35#
pull over 12 reps 40#; 40#; 40#
one arm angled row 12 reps 30#; 30#; 30#
abs
rear delt flies 12 reps 15# each hand; 15's; 15's
prone rear delts 5# pair all 3 sets
abs
biceps curls barbell 12 reps 40# all 3 sets
concentration curl one arm 12 reps 22.5# 10reps 20# 2 sets
simultaneous standing hammer curls 12 reps each arm 20#; 20#; 17.5#

I hope that you ladies had a nice weekend and mother's day :) I got money and an Amazon gift card for Mother's day. Today I used the gift card and got Ice Low Impact Sweat and the Upper Body workout. I really am not so sure how much that I want some of them. I have my eye on the bootcamp but I heard it had lots of jumping on and off a 10 in step. Legs has the higher impact cardio segments and those 1 arm burpees that I am not always so fond of. At least that is what I read in reviews. I may add some of them later. I am still thinking of using some of the money for 21 Day Fix Extreme.

Doreen, I wish I could go outside and workout. It probably would set off my allergies even if I could. There would be no where to set up. It sounds pleasant though. When we stayed at our daughters for awhile waiting on our house I would use my spin bike and her elliptical trainer outside on her patio. She has a big covered patio with drop down sunscreens.

Last edited:
Hello all. DH either has the beginning of a hernia (no bulge yet) or a pulled groin muscle. He almost passed out yesterday from the pain. Found him lying down with flop sweat. He is feeling somewhat better today. We called our insurance nurse hotline yesterday. He wouldn't go to the doctor today as he feels like he is improving. Getting him to a doctor is a huge effort on my part. I've spent the last two days caring and nursing him.

Tomorrow we were to go out for my bday, but who knows. Mom sees the surgeon tomorrow about her hip replacement. I hope that I will be able to get to workout again this week. I'll have to see if I can find time for me.

I also wish I could workout outside. I don't have any kind of area for it and our weather is never the same two days in a row here in Chicago. I, like Diane Sue, also have so many allergies (including the sun, grass, trees, ragweed, hay fever, dust, insects, etc.) that it is hard. I'm glad that you have that option, Doreen.

Diane Sue, glad you had a nice Mother's Day. It is nice to have some play money for new workouts. Hope you enjoy them.

Hi to Belinda. Great workouts. Hope to join you later this week.

Laura, why is it men are hard to get to a doctor? I can never get mine to go take care of things. He won't get the flu shots and gets the flu almost every year. I hate going to the doctor but I like feeling well so I will go when needed. It sounds like a lot of your time is wrapped up in caring for others. I hope that you can find some time for yourself.

Hi girls

Sorry for not checking in yesterday. My internet wasn't working, brrr..

Yesterday I Jenny Ford Aspen Lower/Upper body weights and I walked 5 miles. Today I did Jenny Ford Hawaii Step and 3 mile walk.

I already worked out this morning. I will be back later for personals.

This morning I walked up to the park and did some sprint intervals (10 min), walked back and did a quick chest circuit. I miss my heavy weight-lifting and DVDs in the summer but I like the idea of cycling through different types of trainings through the year and its time now to get my running legs back for the summer months. I used to run all the time but have to do it in moderation now or my feet hurt.

I am late getting here today. I had to get out and run errands and take care of business before I have the grandchildren tonight. I will be up bright and early tomorrow to get them out to school.
Today I did Hammer Build up warm up and round 1 lower body, 7 minutes, 20 calories followed by Lift it Hit it legs, strength only adding 3 sets of calf raises 25 reps, 35 minutes, 190 calories. I wanted to use the tread climber so did 30 minutes on the treadclimber 206 calories and finished with stretch from fitness blender 15 minutes, 34 calories. Total time was 87 minutes and calories 450.
Lift it Hit it legs and calf addition
squat 30's# 24 reps
plie squats 20# 16 reps
static lunge 25's# 16 reps right then 16 reps left
squats 25's# 24 reps
plie squat 40#
wood chop side lunge 12# 24 reps right then 24 reps left
cross back lunge 4 reps alterntating then 16 reps right 4 reps alternating then 16 reps left 15's#
low pulse lunge 15's# 20 reps all right then all left
deadlift 30's# 16 reps
wide stance deadlift 30's# 16 reps

Doreen, I think it is good to cycle the types of training you do. Less chance of injuries and it is good for muscle confusion.
walking lunge 6 passes 15's#
calf raises 30# 25 reps right then 25 reps left then both 30's both calves 25 reps
Hammer build up was squats, lunges, and step ups They used an 8# medicine ball and suggested you could use weights. I just used weights 15's for step ups 1 15 # for the lunges and two for the squats. Made a good warm up.

Good morning! I did Crossfire outside this morning - just the main workout sections - no bonus tabatas or bonus core. Was a little chilly (35 F) but I warmed up quickly!!

Diane Sue- I often wonder how you keep notes on your workouts? Paper? Online app? Do you print workout cards for each wo?

Good morning,

I did Leslie Swanson 5 mile advanced walk " 3 mile walk and Barefoot Cardio w/ Ellen Barnette.

Doreen - great job on CF this morning. I agree. it is good to cycle the types of training you do. Your workouts sounds interesting and challenging.

Laura - happy birthday :) sorry to hear about your husband. Hope he feels better soon. Wow, you have a lot on your plate.

Diane Sue - sounds like you had a great Mother's day and gifts :) How do you like the dvd's you bought? As always your workouts look amazing.

That's it for me today. Have a great day and workout, everyone.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.