Damage Control July

Thanks for starting a new thread Diana! :) Last night was a short bike ride. This morning was SB and LIHI front delts, and tonight was XT B&T. I'm not sure what I'll do tomorrow, maybe SJP without the weight sections or maybe a short bike ride.

Diana, I would tell your company at the two week point so they can find a replacement for you, just in case you ever want to work there again in the future. Are you having GD withdrawals? It must be so hard for you when they go home. :( New job and vacation must be a nice thing to have for a diversion. :)

Beth, I tried to move your post from today over to the new thread and I couldn't figure out how to do it. My weakest body part is shoulders, I can never match Cathe's weights during overhead presses or rear delts. Sounds like BB is going great! :)

LL, what did you end up doing today?

On a sad note, our baby chicks came in the mail today and only two survived. DS was very upset. The company is sending out more, but because of the body heat requirement, they have to send another six, so we are up to our armpits in chickens! :eek:

Hey! I actually looked for the July thread this time!!

I just did LIS TBT premix total body scrambled. It was great! I had never done this premix before, it was tough, got my heart rate up, included abs, single sets so it kept moving. I really liked it! It was only 48 min too! More calories burned than the other total body premixes I looked at from MM and PUB/PLB and STS TB.

Tomorrow we go to Hershey Park! I'm setting my alarm for 6 to get a 30 min hiit cardio in before week go. I'm thinking about RWH low impact or Intensity step only or a premix from CF or LIS CSS premix. Something short and sweaty!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Ladies,

Yay, we all made it to the July thread!! My darling girls are 'in the air'. I did get to talk to them before they boarded the plane so that was nice. We may have the opportunity to have them again for 2-3 weeks in August. I love having them, but DH and I pay the airfare and it takes away from other things we could be doing etc. The cement guy came out this morning so we should be getting an estimate soon. He said the majority of the drive way needs replaced...UGH.

This morning I dropped my car off at the shop for it's 10K maintenance and to be detailed. Having it clean will be nice before heading on vacation. It will also make it easier for the insurance folks to see the hail damage when we take it in for that tomorrow.

Today will STS disc 12-legs. Yay for completing meso 1 before my vacation. I'll probably throw in a short cardio. Tabatacise comes to mind.

Tina-You are getting in some great workouts. Have you found any other jobs worth applying for? What kind of work do you want to do? What did you do before you started homeschooling? I let my team know yesterday that I would be giving my notice. I will have to send my boss an email on Monday (the 2 week mark) while I'm on vacation. I considered telling him yesterday, but didn't want to with my upcoming vacation. I would have preferred telling him in person.

LL-you are doing amazing with your w/o's! Keep up the good work. I'm sure Cathe has posted a July rotation, but I haven't checked yet. Hershey Park sounds amazing. Hope you and the family have a wonderful day.

Beth-what are you up to?

bbl

We are on the tram to Hershey!! I didn't sleep well or much last night, 5hrs! So I couldn't get up for a HiiT this morning! But I will do plenty of walking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all! July got here before I knew it! Have fun on vacation, Diana! LL, I think walking an amusement park is a workout! I'm always tired at the end of the day for sure. Tina, too bad about the chicks. I hope the replacements are healthier. Glad to see everyone is working out and moving! I'm still doing the Beast workouts. The second time through has been better-less soreness for sure. Yesterday was the cardio and abs. Today is shoulders. It's sunny here today so a bike ride will be in order as well! Have a good long weekend/vacation.

Beth

Ok I'm going to order ICE today and I'm wondering what else I should get, if anything. Here is what I have:
Rhythmic step
PUB/PLB
Step blast/step jump pump
Imax2/cardio and wts
Timesaver
Muscle Max
core Max
Body max2
GS legs
Hardcore Extreme
butt and Guts
Drill max
Low impact circuit
4Day Split
Ab Circuits
HiiT
STS Total Body
Intensity
LIS series
CF
TTM
XTrain series
X10
PRS1&2
RWH series

I'm thinking about Lean Legs and Great Glutes. I do like both heavy and light wts for legs, I like the variety! I looked at pure strength and lower body blast but they are so long and the premixes are still not that short.

Any must have that I don't?? I have less than 6 hrs to order! Thanks for any advice!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh, and I did GS Legs premix 33 min. My legs are so sore from yesterday, almost 20,000 steps! Around 18,oo0. I think I'm just going to order ICE for now and wait for GG, LL&A and KPC to go on daily deal. :)

Thursday was a 20 mile training loop on the bike. Friday was SJP and LIHI triceps. Today was a 50+ mile ride and hopefully tomorrow will be another long ride. I think this week I'm going to do a non-named series, the one with LLB, Intensity and HR and then bike every morning. DH has been talked into trying LIHI this week. :)

Diana, I hope you have a great vacation this week! :)

Beth, are you on vacation this week too?

LL, you should really purchase all of those DVD's on your list at some point, they're all good. ;)

Ok so I ordered ICE yesterday and I have in my cart to probably purchase tonight: LL&A, GG, LBB and KPC/L&G. Because one of them is on a daily deal and GG was already on a couple of days ago.

Tina- you must look amazing with all that you do!! What is LLB and HR?

Today I did RWH CUB plus abs w/ wts. I was dripping!!

I think I'm finally seeing some definition in my abs but kinda like and upside "U" because of my post 4 baby belly![emoji20] but I'm actually fitting into some shorts that I used to not to a few weeks ago! Still tight and not wearable but I can get them closed!! No wt change tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LL, your legs are going to be smoking with all the leg workouts you've ordered! I thought Hershey Park would be a lot of walking-it always was for me when I went. Tina, you are getting some serious rides in-20 and 50 miles-wow! We rode Friday after I did Beast Build Shoulders and then yesterday walked for 45 minutes-rest day for me. Today I just finished Build Chest and tris and plan to mow, vacuum downstairs, and do a short maybe 30 minute bike ride. Anyone else watching the world cup? I have cards tonight, but will have it on in the background.

Beth

Hi Ladies,

No workout to report for Friday or Saturday, other than walking. Today was a 5 mile run along the reservoir. It's so nice to be able to start later and still have temps in the low 70's! DS his SO and I all walked around town and went in all the shops. Today, we are going to a nearby town with an outlet mall.

Beth-enjoy you're time off! Glad to hear you are enjoy Beast! I've been reviewing some rotations and may start the BR Fat Burn 30 day rotation when I get home. I'll do those on my cardio days in between Meso 2 w/o's.

LL-You will be happy with your purchases! If you don't have the GS series, I highly recommend it. HR is high reps. Perhaps Tina or Beth can give you a review on that. It's not one of my favorites and I think it's because Cathe doesn't say what weight she is using. I just have a hard time determining what weight I should use. Glad you are seeing some changes...that's exactly why you can't always go by the scale! Yay!!!

Tina-more chicks...oh my. Wow, a 50 mile bike ride...and another tomorrow..you are amazing!!! Keep up the good work.

bbl

I'm so tired. We did 110 miles this weekend and a 2.5 hour kayak trip. My biceps are so sore this morning, I think from loading and unloading four boats, not paddling. This morning I finally took the wrapper off Ali McGraw's yoga workout. DH and I used to do it years ago, but we no longer have a working VHS player. I'm so happy I repurchased on DVD. What a FANTASTIC workout; music, scenery, flow, it has it all. I followed that up with STS yoga abs. DS and I are about to do LIHI chest. DH is going to try LIHI this week, so we'll do one of those workouts tonight. No cardio today, giving the ticker a rest day!

LL, I meant LBB not LLB. You're going to love those workouts. I love HR, the music is great and the leg portion is one of my favorites. I use it as a lighter weight work day. I'm envious that you ordered the ICE series. It just isn't in the budget for me. I'll have to wait and see how you like it.

Diana, sounds like the perfect relaxing vacation. Don't workout too much! :)

Beth, you must be so thrilled with the USA win! I wish I had cable, I love watching soccer. What kind of card game do you play?

BBL to check in on what everyone else is doing. :)

Tina, I get tired just thinking about all your workouts! Do you live in workout clothes all day?! Glad your DH is trying LIHI-I can barely get mine to do any push ups and forget about concentrated back work. About all my DH will do is bicep curls! Oh well...he rides bike and walks so he does what feels right for him. My card game of choice is Bridge. My parents taught me after I graduated college and moved back in with them for a bit-we play, my husband and his brother play, and there are folks around town here that play. I'm actually a substitute in the Tuesday ladies group tomorrow since my mom is the hostess and I'm on vacation. It's fun and a chance to visit with people I don't get to see too often.

Diana, glad you're away from you job?! Nice your son wanted to go on vacay with you. It's so nice to relax... I'm enjoying my time off. My glasses broke last night so this morning was spent getting them fixed. I'm reading The Bone Clocks by David Mitchell and relaxing as well! Today was Build Legs and I upped the weights as much as I dared. I found myself pausing and going at my own pace, so it took a little longer than the Beast and his crew, but I can't go as fast with heavier weights.

Beth

Hi ladies,

Today was a beautiful 6 mile run along the reservoir. It was a cloudy and cool morning, just perfect for me. Yesterday I didn't do anything at all...except eat junk and sit in the hot tub. DH isn't feeling well today, which I blame on the poor food choices he made yesterday. I've had too much chocolate as of late. My gym is having a 24 day challenge/cleanse....etc. I ordered everything I need and it should be waiting for me when I get home. It's some supplements and clean eating, nothing drastic. It will be good to clean out the pipes so to speak after indulging on vacation.

DS & his SO left yesterday morning. DS is working today and tomorrow he is driving his SO to her new home in San Diego. I will be picking him up from the airport on Monday night. I'm happy that she will be closer to her parents as they are both 70. My son has not been this happy in a very long time so I know this is going to be really rough on him.

I emailed in my 2 weeks notice yesterday. Not one reply. Oh, and they put together another org chart...and they still missed me. There was a reorg a couple months ago, my name wasn't even listed.

Tina-OMG, 110 miles...wow. I wish I could get into yoga more. They have paddle boarding on the res so I'm looking to see if I can take a lesson tomorrow or Thursday. It will have to be early since it's supposed to rain everyday here. They also have kayaks which I know I enjoy. It's just unfortunate that I have to do everything by myself. That was the nice thing about having DS here, I had someone to do stuff with.

Beth-nice job upping your weights!!! I'm always behind on Cathe's concentration curls...but I get them in even if I'm slower. I'm going to say...yep I think Tina lives in w/o clothes all day.:)

LL-what are you up to?

bbl

Quick update here: rest day Sunday, church then spent the day at my mom and step dad's with my (step) sister and her husband and almost 17yo daughter. They have a pool but it's typically cold due to the trees and not heated. Yesterday was the first day of Clue Camp and after dropping them and going to the library for a craft (Messy Mondays) for Little K, we went home and I did Burn Sets shoulders and B&G premix floor work and abs, but I didn't double anything and skipped the abs, so instead of being almost an hour it was about 30 min. So total time was about 45. I wonder if the Workout Blender would have worked for me had I had on demand. This is what I would have liked: warm up from B&G then BS shoulders, then floor work and cool down from B&G OR warm up from XTrain Legs either BS shoulders or the rear delts from Legs and then barre and floor work. I would love to see the on demand have premixes and work with the workout blender! That would probably be the kicker for me to buy it. Since I would love to try pieces of STS but don't want to shell out the $$$!

I have a nasty cold, so no wo for me today. I knew something was coming when I wasn't feeling good at Hershey and it took me a couple of days to recover and even at the Fourth party (my FAVE holiday) people asked if I was feeling ok, I just thought I was tired, but I did have a tickle in my throat. Then by Saturday night I knew it was a cold. Stuffy and runny nose with a cough. No fun!!!

Hubby and I were supposed to celebrate our anniversary early today, childcare lined up but I ended up sleeping from 1:45 until 6! I was thinking about doing Slide and Glide today, (HiiT 40/20 was on the rotation/schedule) but I am just going to take it easy today. I don't know what I'll be up for tomorrow.

Soooooo, I'm trying to work out classes for JTrain next year, online and live once a week classes and I thought I had it all worked out:

Tuesday- Dialectic Lit. 12-1 then IEW Writing 1-2
Wed - Dialectic History 12-1
Thursday- Rhetoric Church History 12-1

For the online classes, but I had the times wrong the Writing class is actually 12:30-1:30!! So there is a Rhetoric - Lit. Lite from 1:3-3 so that might work (for another $100).

Then he will have Biology before History and Spanish after at our co op. I will teach Algebra at home.

Alright so much for a quick update! But I'm typing from my mac now instead.

Beth- I hope I'll be happy with the purchases! I have buyers remorse. Because I haven't sold my Insanity Max 30 yet, but it's up there for $80 was up there for $90. But I did just sell an old activity cube for $20 and a handmade chandelier for $40 (transaction to go thru on Sunday) and I returned 2 workout pants and a Lifeproof cover for my new iPad air 2 ($140). But I still need to find a cover, but I'd like to get one for under $50. And all these classes!! And yes, I was wondering if Tina lives in her workout clothes all day too!! Don't worry, I can't get my Hubby to do any workouts with me unless it's a walk in the neighborhood or golfing!

Diana-I don't have any of GS except for Legs, I've looked at it but I feel I have so many with XTrain, LIS, RWH, PUB/PLB, MM and Cardio and Weights (tho, I barely do those last 2 anymore...) I know what you mean about wanting to know what Cathe uses, I go by her weight always! I go a little less for RWH on some, but I try to match her weight for all the other ones. Thanks for the encouragement on body changes, I've been sooooooo bad lately with comparing my body to every other female I see it seems! Terrible I know, I'm trying to break the habit! It's so hard!! I would love to hear about your cleanse! I feel like I need to do something. I did read in the GOL booklet that a I got from WF where they do 3 protein drinks a day and have a salad with protein for lunch and dinner? or maybe it's just lunch. But it's only for 3 days. I was going to try to do 21 day fix again and planned my meal for yesterday and today, but I blew it yesterday when I made short ribs in the crock pot last night and baked rice which turned out awesome! And then went out for milkshakes with a friend. :( I didn't even step on the scale this morning!! That's terrible about the re org stuff at your job! I hope you're happy about giving your notice.

Tina-Your workouts sound amazing and fun! So much out doors! I justify ICE by selling stuff!!

Gotta shower, make a bed because Little K peed in B's bed last night and make lunches for camp tomorrow! And try to relax and watch Agents of the Shield with Hubby. I'm trying to drink more water and thought I should quit dairy and sugar while sick, but I blew the dairy today with cheese 2x and I'm not sure I can go w/o chocolate tonight, I bought almost 3# of dark chocolate covered almonds from WF yesterday!

DH tried LIHI CST on Monday and really enjoyed it. I'm excited to add one more weekly routine in with him. Now we'll alternate each week XT, GS, and LIHI. I really want him to do the next round of STS with me. Yesterday was LBB in the a.m. and a quick 20 mile bike ride in the p.m. This morning will be HR and maybe the barre portion of LBB that I didn't have time for yesterday. Tonight will be LIHI BSB with DH. Both of my in-laws are very sick at the moment, so we'll be doing lots of yard work for them today. I don't think my Vevofit has been under the eight mile mark in weeks.

Diana, sound like a wonderful vacation! Isn't it great when your kids are in a good place and happy with their SO. I'm so happy you're leaving your current job. You must be excited to get started. Another cleanse? I don't know how you do it!

Beth, how is the Bone Clocks? I read his other book, Cloud Atlas, and really didn't enjoy it. I love him as a person though. He's very open about his son, who has Autism. He also helped put together one of my favorite books called The Reason I Jump, by Naoki Higashida. I recommend it to anyone who has a loved one on the Autism spectrum, very enlightening. My mom plays bridge with a group of friends each week. You've inspired me to have her teach me. It took me years to finally sit down and learn chess, I wish I had learned it sooner.

LL, I like the sounds of your workout combo. I don't have the proper set up to use the workout blender either, it sounds like so much fun. I hope you're feeling better today. Summer colds are the worst. Sounds like a great HS schedule for your son.

I hope you all have a great day! BBL to check in on everyone. :)

Hi ladies!

It feels like a Monday to me...DH just left for work after having Fri-Tues off with me. I love vacation!

Diana, it sounds like you are getting some good, long runs in on your vacation! Is your son moving to San Diego, too? It seems like life gets more and more complicated the older my boys get-and they don't have girlfriends, yet! Sounds like you'll be glad to leave your current company. I'm still debating. For the first time in my life I get 3 weeks vacation a year. I am scheduled to take a Civil Service exam on 7/28 though just to give me options.

LL, too bad about the cold. Do some real easy stuff, drink LOTS, and rest. 4 kids at an amusement park is stressful-you have to be on high alert all day. It probably wore you down. I love Butts and Guts-its warm-up is my all time favorite (since I finally got a ball that fits my height!). You are doing a good mix of weights and cardio even if your eating is getting off track. I had to open a box of dark chocolate salted caramels last night to get a chocolate fix. Of course today I'm up a pound and feeling terribly guilty. Oh well, new day...I'll try to eat as clean as possible!

Tina, I loved Cloud Atlas! I guess I just like his style. The Bone Clocks is science fiction based as well. Bridge is really fun and the more you play the better. DH and I may join a weekly group about an hour from our home after he retires since they play every Monday. Do you ever sit down besides when you're biking?!

Have a good day, all. I'm off to run errands.

Beth

Hi Ladies,

It's cold and rainy here today. I was hoping to get my weekly step count up and was on track with my 19K steps yesterday. Today we are watching movies, hanging out in the hot tub, and going to dinner. It's a very lazy day. I was hoping to walk on main street and go into all the local shops. Perhaps the weather will be nicer tomorrow. We may head home tomorrow, if not then it will be Friday morning.

DS is driving his SO to San Diego. They left this morning and had just finished lunch in Utah when I last talked to him. They were 4 and half hours from Vegas where they will be staying 2 nights. Then they will be meeting up with her mother and daughter who are coming in from a trip to Italy. I haven't seen my DS as happy as when he's been with her. We'll see how it shakes out with her permanently moving to San Diego.

LL-sorry you aren't feeling well. Sometimes you just need to take a few days off and let your body recover. Here's a link to a cleanse that I've done several times. http://simplegreensmoothies.com/about It is very time consuming, but you can prepare everything ahead of time. They also offer 30 day smoothie challenges and have a facebook checkin. I've ordered the downloads before and was so disappointed that they don't have the premixes. Happy Anniversary to you and your DH!

Tina-glad you were able to DH to give LIHI a try! I'm guessing your inlaws must live nearby. My son has been happier the last 18mos than he has in years. I think his SO moving to San Diego is going to be very difficult for him. My guess is that he will look for a job out there and eventually move. It's hard to say. She is going for a second Masters Degree and will be busy with school for the next 2 years.

Beth-I'm enjoying my vacation too. Although I wish the weather were a bit nicer today. It's nice to have options so take that civil service test and broaden your horizons!

bbl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.