Taking it to the Max-- June 2013 thru...

hi girls! so, I got in athletic training yesterday-- it didn't feel that bad, actually, but some of the toning work still is pretty intense, and the HiiT step always fries my legs. I also did 25 minutes of shiva rea yoga. today I did burn sets upper body plus core 1-- that was a long workout! wanted to add in yoga, but had no time left!

renee-- so happy to hear about your dad! that is wonderful news! happiness and health to him! I have been super low energy lately, but just hit that time of month today, so that may be one reason (plus the insomnia:mad:). anyway, hope you figure something out soon!

ladylep-- TB fries my legs and rear, too! way to go on getting all of that in! what did you end up doing? maybe the total body trisets upper body would be doable-- a premix version, perhaps? hope you all are getting healthy and kicking that flu bug out of the house!

better run! lots to get done today, and it's already almost half over!

peace,

katie

Katie how long was the upper body burn sets? I wanted to do that before but it was over an hour? Ouch?! Are you sore?

Ladylep hope you are not sick anymore!
Anyone of you get the new DVDS yet? I have not! Darn I wish I did get a confirmation or tracking! I love tracking the package [emoji2] but I never have gotten a confirmation from Cathe ! Isn't that strange? Anyway i wanted so bad to get them I wanted to try one tonight! But so not into working out and thought for sure that would help! But such a disappointment when I saw no DVDS in the box! I am going to do a step tonight.
Thanks about my dad! I am so glad he is doing good for now.

Hi Renee! It was 89 minutes long with the core added in!:eek: I am not sore yet, but i do feel like i strained something in my right pec muscle-- i put some arnica and then tiger balm on it, and hopefully it's better in the morning.

I can't wait for the new workouts, but still don't have them. I didn't get a tracking number either. Oh well.

Have a good night!

I just got them! Can't wait to start. But I think I'm going to start on Monday, if I can wait that long. But I want to start Ina Monday and I'm not sure I'm up for the vigorousness of these! I'm thinking about doing the getting started rotation. Anyone look at the rotations? The first thing I thought of was Beach Body! I've been looking at a lot of their programs which are basically rotations. And then Cathe has some rotations with XTrain, LIS and STS. So that's basically a hybrid, in BB terms. But I remember doing XTrain 90 day undulating, but it took me 4 months. And I was really sick of XTrain after that. I will did the wt ones and AOLIH and sometimes tabatacise, but I used to love Legs and HS because I did love them but sick of them. I haven't been very good at sticking with a rotation since then. I always feel like I'm falling behind. So I don't know what I will do here. The framework of the rotation is what I do try to do: 3 cardio days, 1-2 upper body and 1 lower body. Hers has only 2 cardo/HiiT per week, for the getting started rotation, I haven't really looked at the other ones yet.

Katie, I have done that Burn Sets upper body, it is 78 min, but it goes by quickly, I like it, if you have the time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh, I never got a tracking number, never have. And I know I checked last night, not sure if I checked this morning.

hi girls! I got my new dvds today! not sure when I will start them, though? I think I will do the 60 day rotation, but just did TTM Extreme today and think I would be too fried starting out with a plyo HiiT tomorrow, and then also my upper body has serious DOMS from yesterday:confused:. so, not sure what to do tomorrow. thinking I may start the rotation on sunday, as that is the first day of workout weeks for me (I take Saturdays off). anyway, may try one of the other ones tomorrow or this week, but not sure which one-- guess I will see how sore I am tomorrow. I was shocked that TTM didn't feel worse than it did today! especially since sleep was awful last night. grateful I pushed through it, though!

ladylep-- yep, the upper body premix is 78 mins, I think, and the core makes it 89. it does go by relatively fast, though! I see you are planning a rotation, too! it will be interesting to have two days off a week! may have more time for yoga! did you end up trying a new w/o today?

hello renee! hoping maybe your workouts got to you today, too! I was pleasantly surprised, as, being in Minneapolis, I think I was one of the last ones to get xtrain. the postal service must be working overtime for the holidays!

hope everyone is having a good day!

katie

I haven't tried the new workouts yet. :( I still have a nasty cough. But I was going to try the last 2 days and changed into my worth out clothes by 2 each afternoon, but never got to it! I tried to put one in my iMac and was going to do an ab wo from it, but my DVD drive is busted and do it just spit the DVD right back out. :(

I've gained 4-4 pounds in the last week, eating terribly, candy! Cookies! Brownies! I need to do the 21 day fix containers again with RWH or try to go sugar free like someone on here, was that you, rmrmr?

And spending an hour EACH afternoon on the phone with FIOS doesn't help. Our Comcast bill went up $20 this month so it's time to get or cable ack, we miss seeing the Eagles! But the transition stinks.

Can't wait to try the new workouts!! I'm not sure what I should try with the cough, I'd like to try the low impact ones, but I'm not sure I can hack it yet.

hi girls! had some big news today! alec went and played for steve copes, the concertmaster of the saint paul chamber orchestra, and I got a message from steve that alec is doing extremely well, that I should be very proud, and that he put in a call to the director of violin at Coburn conservatory in los angeles on alec's behalf! steve used to study with this teacher, so it is huge for alec, and probably means that he has an excellent shot at getting into colburn! so happy for him, and I will also miss him so much! can't believe how the kids grow up so quickly, but to be able to see him fulfill his dream is so huge. anyway, had to share!

so, I have been doing the new w/os. I will start the 60 day rotation on sunday. I did RWP low impact hiit 1 yesterday plus core 1 and that is intense!! cathe is moving so fast! I would not attempt that one with a cough, ladylep! it felt super intense to me, and I don't think it was just the lack of sleep and TTM extreme the day before. today I did RWP upper body circuit. I really liked it! not as intense as the one yesterday, but tough and short!

ladylep-- sorry about the cough! hoping you are better soon! also, the food thing is just so tough this time of year! you can do it, I know you can, just cut yourself some slack, maybe, for the holidays? at least if we can get our w/os in, that is something!;)

hello renee! where are you? <3

better get dinner going,

katie

hi girls! quick check in. today was RWH legs (ouch!) and core 1. I will start the 60 day rotation on sunday! really liking these new workouts!

hope you girls are having a good start to your weekend and everyone is healthy!

Still no workout from me. But I'd did a lot of walking today around Philly. We, the 4 boys and I, took the train in and went Reading Terminal Market for lunch, then to the Macy's Light Show, Dicken's Village and then to the Comcast Light/really computer show on a whole wall. That was pretty awesome!

My cough is still terrible. I put in all the discs last night, watched the intros for the low impact then just checked premixes and equipment foe the rest. The music sounds much louder than Cathe's voice in the low impact 1, I only watched the beginning though. Hopefully it's just me not used to it...

I am so bad at this whole eating thing! And I probably shouldn't be eating any of this while I have this cough!! I don't even know wo to do while feeling this way, normally I'd do something low impact, lower intensity, like slide and glide, turbo barre and yoga. I guess rotating those around with maybe butt and guts, I don't think that had any cardio and maybe the lift it hit it. Anyone who has tried it, how intense is it?

Katie, that is great news! You should be proud!

Hi ladies I'm sorry to be missing so much.. I am on my way back home now. Thursday we left for Tennessee. My DH had a business meeting there and wanted me to go. So while he was in meeting i went into town. Walking distance from the hotel. It was nice, lot to see, and do if u have tons of money! Lol I did but a few things mostly I got us all some hoodies and t shirts in memory of my son. I got one for my DS Rocky and it's a T shirt since he isn't into hoodies, got my DH a zip up hoodie with son on the back of it. Then when DH got out of meetings we meet up with another couple and walked down town again ate dinner had a nice time. Long overdue for us to do something. DH and I have been stuck in a rut we both really wanted to cancel cause we never "feel" like going anywhere or planning stuff anymore but as we were going into Gatlinburg we said same thing that we forced ourselves to go cause we know it's not healthy to continue doing the way we have. And we both were glad we came and seeing all the wonderful lights up in there town was wonderful.
Oh I did do lift it hi it legs o Wednesday when I finally got my workouts in mail. Oh my gosh would y'all believe I am still sore? I can not walk to well if I sit to long! Thursday I was some sore but Friday oh gosh not a good first impression to DH co workers lol. They had to ask if I was okay! I mean once I keep walking I'm good but I can feel my cheeks ! My thighs my inner thighs! I hardly ever get sore but I'm sore! Hard to sit or stand walk upstairs! Lol I finally told them I did a hard leg workout then they were intrigued. Asking what I did and saying they need to do it to. So it ended up okay. Can't wait to try more! No exercise yesterday or today except walking and walking all day so I hope that helped.
I got blood work from my reg doc he says it shows I am not in peri menipose! So what's up with that? Now I'm wondering if should do the hysterectomy yet until I have my period again and the headaches then I'm like okay I want to get rid of this. So I don't know. If I'm not peri why am I having two periods a month? They have it even looked down there so I'm afraid we go into the surgery they gonna say something is wrong worse. Cause I have been sick to my stomach for two weeks to. Just going to bathroom a lot if u know what I mean and hurting like a stomach virus but I don't want to go to doc again cause every time I go there is nothing wrong they say. So it's all in my head. U know my headaches, all of it it seems. So if I go back and say this this this is happening they may just say she a hypochondriac. So I just keep waiting to see if it goes away, but I wake up this morning with fever blisters on my lip! 4 !!! That tells me I'm sick or something is wrong. Only time I get one is when I really had a fever and was sick or the night my son past away they told me he died that morning after no sleep and crying all night and all day I had a big one pop out! The nurse said that losing a son is also a physical toll not just emotional so it was an actual physical manifestation of stress and shock that showed up. So I know the ones on me know shows me I have been sick not just in my head then. I just wish I knew what's wrong so I can fix it. I try to eat good.
Anyway talk have a great day I'll be back hoping to get a RWH workout in some time!

I was in Lancaster with the family today seeing the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, we had a cousin in it. And it was so good, he was a satyr, so he didn't say much but he got to yell, "Shut up, Toad!!" And be in the combat scenes, so that was fun for him. But it made for a long day and so I didn't get a workout in. I did plan my meals for the following week, I'm going to do the 5 day inferno plan again, with 2 exceptions: Tuesday afternoon we will be at Hershey Farms for Lunch, buffet style....and then to see Moses at Sight and Sound! https://www.sight-sound.com/WebSite/shows.do?showCD=MOS. And Friday, I hope we have a date! The older boys have a Christmas party with their writing classes.

Tomorrow is another busy day: church food shopping, lunch at my dad's, basketball game, dinner, plan school, Eagles game. We were without cable for a year and when Comcast upped our monthly bill $20, we decided to switch.

I'm tempted to start the getting started rotation on Monday, but I'm not sure if I can with my cough still lingering...

Renee, sounds like a great wo!! I can't wait to start them!! That's also neat that you got hoodies in memory of your son. Sorry about all the hormonal stuff. Have you tried young living essential oils? I just started using them more and more for everything from fevers and colds to my PMS with my endometriosis.

hi girls! today I started the 60 day rotation-- wow! talk about intense! I think these HiiT workouts are *way* more difficult than CF, TTM or the other HiiT dvd. they totally fry me. I had to do plyo HiiT 1 with abs 2. I added in 17 minutes of gentle yoga to stretch out everything after all that pounding. I forgot to mention that imala is starting a rotation with the new dvds, too! she is doing the starting out one, though. anyway, I am so grateful that tomorrow is upper body work and then a day off! phew!

renee-- good to see you on here again. it sounds like your trip ended up being a very good thing. the hoodies do sound nice! oh, I was super sore from the legs dvd, too! yesterday it hurt to bend over or get up and down from sitting! I feel better today, though, except that I keep clearing out my lungs/coughing some after that HiiT-- I think it is so intense it cleared out all the gunk I may have been carrying around! are you starting a rotation?

ladylep-- you are so busy! sounds like good stuff, though! the play sounds like fun! I like those essential oils, too! thieves is great for keeping sicknesses away.

the kids have a big recital today, that, from the looks of things, will probably be around 3 hours long! I was planning on working tonight, but have to reschedule my clients, as I don't think there will be time!

hope everyone has a nice sunday!

katie

Well I was sick since Saturday with stomach virus. Problem is my stomach hurt still.. I can eat but it feels bloated and cramps but had felt like this for two weeks. Not sure what's up. The stomach virus was awful I'm still lay in in bed trying to gain my strength back. I was in bathroom all the time changed sheet two times this was ruff! A anyway I can't wait to get in a workout Geez

Oh Renee! So sorry to hear that!! Rest up and feel better soon!

I still haven't been working out! Instill have this cough, I'm tired from not going to bed early enough, not much time, but I could squeeze in a light one if ideally tried. I feel like now that I have RWH I should do those,I've been so excited to get them!! But I'm afraid of them because I still have this cough and some little coughing fits. :( I could do something low impact and short, but I REALLY want to do one of the new ones!!

My food and weight have been all over the place! I was up 10 pound in a week,just this past weekend! And eating terribly. But Sunday I controlled my portions, yesterday morning I was down a pound. and yesterday I started the 5 day inferno plan again and this morning I'm down 5!

I hit send too fast! All I can think of is it's water weight? I wasn't drinking my 80 oz of water and I almost hit it yesterday, 75 or so and I didn't have any starches,because it was my WW meeting last night. And I was up 2.2 last week, thankfully I was the same this week.

I need to just do a light wo and maybe do the lifting ones from the new series.

Not sure when I'll be able to. Today we are headed to Lancaster to see Moses at Sight and Sound and then tomorrow we are going ice skating with our CoOp, so that will be my exercise for tomorrow!

Hi Katie!

hi girls! super quick check in as I am off to yet another concert! today was RWP legs plus abs 1 for me. I used to 40 lb weight today! hope I can walk tomorrow! these workouts are so intense! yesterday was the lift it hiiit it upper body one and I could not believe how intense it felt compared to burn sets! yikes, these are intense!

renee-- I so hope that you are feeling better! hugs to you!

ladylep-- sorry about the weird weight stuff! maybe it is just water? I have that happen at TTOM and during my pregnancies. sounds like your cold is still lingering, too:-(. hoping you girls get better soon!

alright, better dash! tomorrow is a rest day and I am planning on yoga.

peace,

katie

Hi y'all
I'm better now started feeling better yesterday. I'm sorry lady Lep about your weight! It has to be water since it was five off that fast and really one week was so fast to put it on to. I don't know what else to think. You should try the RWH it might help open you up. Give it 10 minutes at least. They go by fast.

Katie
40 pounds is great is that 20 pounds on each side? You are rocking the workouts!!
I really like them so far although dare I say I still wish to hear a little music I'm familiar with. I have not recognized any of it yet.

So here is what I did yesterday I did low impact HIIT one and today chest shoulders and triceps. I can't do the functional moves like lunge jumps and volleyball jumps as fast and do it fast as Cathe
thinking it is good that I notice this! It is important to make these moves correct imo because it may help keep me out of nursing home? What do you girls think? These functional moves should I go slower and execute the moves right or go really fast and do the moves just best I can ? What's best do you think?
The weight workout was fun but when it came to push up as finishes I could hardly go all the way down lol if I did I just knew I was gonna fall down! Tomorrow I may do legs again.

So.....I finally got off my butt and did RWH Low Impact 1!! OK, I didn't start sweating until half way thru, but then it just took off! I couldn't do everything and keep up with her. Those burped-like moves are cool and fun, but I couldn't keep up! My butt is so sore! (is that what DOMS is?) And I'm wondering why that is since normally I feel it the next day and I didn't do a butt workout....Tomorrow I think I'm going to try to do LIHI Chest, Triceps, Shoulders.

Renee-I don't know, I like the idea of going slower to do them right, but I also feel like going really fast has it's benefits. I'm leaning towards doing them fast and the best you can. You could try them both ways and then choose which one you think you will improve better with, if that makes sense.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.