Taking it to the Max-- June 2013 thru...

Renee- last night I did cheat a little, I was supposed to have salmon, bok choy, pineapple and brown rice. I don't like salmon or bok choy and I forgot the brown rice, I took dinner to my parents because that's were we needed a pit stop between activities. I ended up having tilapia with pineapple and cauliflower (olive oil on the cauliflower and teriyaki sauce on the fish and pineapple). Then before I went to bed I had 2 oz of sweet potatoes and 1oz of cheese. Not a cheat exactly I guess, more like going off the plan a little. But was it hard to stick to? Not really, I couldn't eat the cottage cheese, nasty! I had my first yogurt in years, it was actually not as bad as I thought, but I won't be running out to get some more! I didn't change much around at all, except for timing. I knew some things had to be made right away and couldn't be eaten out or didn't travel well. But I don't think it's sustainable for more than 5 days. I need more calories. So, I'm now moving into 21 day fix containers....again, but this time I'm followed the calculations and I'm in the lowest grouping by 53 calories! That just put me under 1500. I've been printing all sorts of menu plans hoping to make mine from those.

But I didn't work out a ton, I just didn't have the time. And the calorie levels are around 1200, and I felt it trying to do Supercuts this morning before breakfast...So my workouts M-F were:

M-W-none
Th-Intensity Step only, 331 calorie burn in 36 min
F-PUB premix up only, 313 calorie burn in 40 min
S-Supercuts premix first part, 275 calorie burn in 28 min and then just now Legs bonus barre, 126 calorie burn in 15 min, I'm aiming for 400 calories burned because that's what 21 day fix is.

hi girls! sorry I have been off of here again! just crazy busy with the kids (as usual) and hating the cold and snow that have settled in over us:mad:. it feels like January here. to top it off, I feel like I am coming down with something today. yesterday I did crossfire and for some reason, in the middle of the night, my hip flexors and rear end was so sore, that I couldn't even get back to sleep! I can't figure that out, as I try to put CF in regularly as it is one of my favorites. I am hoping I am not getting a hip flexor strain again-- I was laid up with one for three weeks a few years ago. anyway, fingers crossed that it will be better tomorrow. today I did flextrain and some gentle yoga. last week I got workouts in every day-- have been doing a few HiiT a week plus heavy weights and also trying to throw in one day of boxing/kickboxing.

ladylep-- congrats on all of your results! woohoo! that is fantastic! sounds like you are doing what I need to with my eating. I always have a hard time in the winter, though, so this is typical. I am excited for the new dvds to come out and then maybe I will be inspired to eat better, too!:p

renee-- that is so awful about your niece. I am so sorry for all the loss your family has endured over the past year. how are your workouts going? I need to go back and read the posts I have missed out on, but hope you are feeling better!

okay, will try to catch up on reading, as this will only let me look at the one previous post as I type-- I am sure I am forgetting a ton!

hugs,

katie

renee-- I missed the post about your dad. I hope that he is feeling okay. how awful to have to deal with the mess. I know how it goes with family (sisters). you can love them, but still not agree on many of their ideas or ways with others. hugs to you and your dad.

I got in low impact challenge 42 min in this morning! I went off my eating plan a little: Applebee's post volleyball tournament, they got in second place. I need up having the sirloin with roasted potatoes and a portobello stuffed with artichoke Parmesan cream. It was on the under 600 cal. menu. Actually it was mediocre at best. I wish I had gotten the shrimp salad...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quick update before I jump in the shower: completed Turbo Barre 57 min premix. Those abs were a killer! I had to modify some!

I didn't get to my WW meeting last night I hope to tonight. But I'm at my lowest all year! 161.9! And I still have another week and a half before my reunion!

Hi ladies!!
Ladylep I always end up modifying the abs, in every workout and sad to sad I never ever get every rep! So frustrating. So glad u r at your lowest! Keep at it! You can do it!
I read the book that came with turbo fire but didn't see the 5 day diet it must have been on a separate page.

Katie
Cf is hard so it may be that if u do it regularly it overtrained the hip? Idk ? I know CF and TTM are so hard but fun yet I have to do them on the weekend because they really seem to get me. I understand you r busy. And yes the weather and dark is depressing!! I am just glad it isn't snowing here! If it did I think I'd jump out my skin! I can't stand it getting dark so soon. I hear the winter will be predicted a really cold one all over this year! Last year was bad for a lot of states so if it's worse this yr! Geez
Okay I am doing a hybrid of turbo fire and CE so last night I did TF 55 and day before was fire starter and CE lean circuit 1
Today is circuit 2 and I hope to do TF 45

hi girls! quick update from me. today was TBT upper body. was looking for something different than the weight workouts in xtrain, and figured it had been a while since doing the LIS. anyway, I think I will be sore tomorrow-- used all the same weights as cathe, and even heavier on some of the shoulder work. my hip flexors are better, but still feel a little sore. not sure what I will do tomorrow. was thinking HiiT and yoga, but will see if I am sore first. you are probably right, renee, anout the overtraining. TTM really fries me even more than CF, but they both are pretty intense.

ladylep-- congrats again on the weight loss! not sure when that will happen for me here! hope you made it to your meeting.

renee-- I truly dread this winter:(. the short days are awful, as is getting up in the cold and dark. blech. it really hit us out of nowhere this year, too. we had been having a nice fall with temps in the 50s and 60s, then the snowstorm and now it is super cold and won't let up. this morning it was -5. it's supposed to snow again tonight and tomorrow morning, and I have to drive alec and imala in to school for an honor roll breakfast at 6:30, so I am really not looking forward to the morning. I hope they are wrong about the bad winters, but it sure seems like it's going to be a long and brutal one. way to go on your workouts! am curious about those. do you think they are pretty effective?

hope everyone has a good night!

hugs,

katie

Katie I think they are effective. I am usually a Cathe snob so when I started them I just didn't think they would be as hard as Cathe because I heard other Cathe fans say this. But I got to say, I used pretty heavy weights in the CE workouts to make sure I was not wasting time. So it was shorter workouts but it was effective, no they are not as hard core as Cathe but I was sore and with turbo fire those are just fun and I love the music. I can not do just turbo fire because I have ADHD lol. But really I just so wanted to do workouts not as hard as Cathe or as long as Cathe because of my headaches. But I happened to wanted to see if I lost anything from not doing my fav Cathe well I tried IMAX 3 step only premix then gym styles shoulders bis and back. I actually was lifting heavier tonight then I ever had before so I think maybe going to the basics if u can call it that helped. A lot of people call those advanced workouts so I think they are more upper intermediate to lower advanced if I had to put them in a catagory. But I missed Cathe so much that I had to do her tonight. I didn't have a headache and I was off today so after gym styles I wanted to add a light leg work so I went to body fusion DVD there is an add on of lower body she uses tubing I used weights it was perfect for a fast and easy legs and butt workout. So all together it was hour and 30 minutes of Cathe not to bad. Tomorrow back to turbo fire and CE. Then I probably will do Cathe again lol it's so hard to stay on a rotation! I get bored to fast

Wow, Renee! 1.5 hrs of Cathe! I'd say that's pretty awesome, so happy for you that your headaches are gone, even if just for today so could could do a Cathe wo! Which workouts are you saying are interm. to advance? Chalene's or the Cathe workouts you did today?

Katie, sorry about your weather there! I'm so not ready. I had just settled into fall and we had tempting the mid20s today! And a coating of snow a few days ago, that stuck around for over a couple of days.

I made it to my meeting tonight and lost 4.2! The only think I can say that I did perfectly was drinking water, no less that 80oz a day.

Lady Lep I meant Chalene Extreme and turbo fire are upper intermediate to advanced, lol Cathe is all the way advanced in every way I like doing the TF, CE cause I just can't do Cathe with my head any more. I sure wish they would get my head fixed! But I'm hoping that once I get the hysterectomy in January I'll get my headaches to go away. I don't know.
I'm not ready for winter either it sucks!! It is 27here! In Sc that is nuts! I'm sorry Katie yours is -5!! Ouch.

hi girls! busy day today. had to run nygel's cello into the shop, as it has been buzzing lately when he plays-- all from the cold weather here, which is just murder on string instruments. anyway, it has an open seam, needs its bridge adjusted and we need to get a humidifying system for it. some nice birthday present for me! tomorrow, he has state testing so I will be sitting at the online campus for 3 1/2 hours. blech. then will pick up his cello, then get lunch and bring him to another chamber group rehearsal. tomorrow night, my sister invited us over to celebrate my bday, which was very sweet, so at least I won't have to cook! it is still super cold here, too. bugsy almost seems like he would prefer to not take any walks. I still keep bringing him out, though, because I figure it is good for us. yesterday I ended up doing pyramid HiiT plus yoga, and today did TBT lower body plus yoga. tomorrow may just be a quick yoga session, as I have to get Nygel to saint paul by 8:45.

renee-- I totally get what you mean with the workouts! that was why I was doing tracie long for a while. I am back at cathe workouts now, but think a break every once in a while is good, and I can't imagine plugging along through a cathe workout with a headache! I sure hope they go away after your surgery. do they think it is from hormones? funny, rik is having a surgery next Tuesday, too, in the same area, if you catch my drift. I have been on the pill way too many years (especially with a risk of stroke in the family), so it's his turn now! I can't wait to be off the pill and am wondering if I will finally be able to lose some weight once it is out of my system.

ladylep-- way to go on the continued amazing results! that is so fantastic! woo hoo!

alright, time to go make dinner before it's off to cello choir. Nygel is bummed as he will have to use his old, crummy cello for the lesson, but c'est la vie.

happy almost Friday!

katie

Happy birthday even if u need to thaw out Katie! Ur workouts sound great.
I am sure the instruments need a lot of TLC I never even thought of how the weather plays a role on them! I hope it doesn't creat to much havoc on them.
Today and yesterday I didn't get to do any exercise at all all I could do was come home and lay my head down and try to sleep! I felt almost not even here only a big head that throbbed ! Yes one doctor thinks that once I have the surgery my periods will stop and headaches will be gone. His reason is cause since I take trokendi my headache are under control for the most part except when I have TTM problem is I seem to have a headache all week of that TTM or since April I am having two a month making me have two weeks a month worth of migranes. So he says since I am 45 and have two a month it must be hormones and I have cancer in my family history and I have had precancerous cervical cancer cells. So all that he thought the best thing is hysterectomy. I sure hope it helps my head and my insomnia. But my next issue will be replacement hormones grr! I didn't want to take synthetic ones. I wanted to do bio identical but I hear it's expensive. I know u two are not there yet. Lol I feel way to young to be talking like this myself! God how time flys !
I'm going to try to enjoy the show parenthood before I go to sleep.
Hope ur hubby's surgery comes out good with little to no pain! I also think no pills for u may make you drop at LEAST 5 pounds. So yes I think u will love that! Woo hoo! I hated taking pills! I got my tubes tied after I had my second child because I just didn't want to take pills anymore. So I am happy for u! Lol

Lady Lep hope u r still doing well.
Have a good night ladies

hi girls! no workout for me yesterday-- just no time to get one in. I was really sore, anyway, from the TBT lower body-- I should do that one more often, but I don't care for the music. anyway, this morning I did a 50 minute yoga session and will get back at cathe tomorrow. my birthday was nice, thanks for the bday wishes, renee! rik came along to take Nygel to state testing, we dropped him off and then went to brunch at one of my favorite places. I hate a yummy tofu hash with Brussels sprouts, squash and turnips. they also have vegan donuts there, which I had a small piece of one, but that was it. also drank a full pot of green tea. then we picked up Nygel, got his cello from the shop (which seems good now, though it still needs a new endpin which will run around $200). their chamber group got cancelled (yay!), so I got to walk bugsy (in the cold), then we headed over to my sister's. it was a good day:). this weekend will be quiet, with little going on other than some cleaning and shopping, so I am grateful for that.

renee-- I am so sorry about your headaches!! how awful! hoping you get relief soon! oh, I would be so happy to drop 5 lbs from these stupid pills, and I do hate taking them. I definitely gained weight once I went on them; I was my thinnest ever when I met rik (before the pills) and was in my daily ashtanga yoga practice. wish I could get back to that! hoping you are having a nice weekend that will be headache free!

hello ladylep!

where did Melissa run off to??

hugs,

katie

Quick check in: Thursday yoga relax premix 1 28 min, yesterday nothing and today I did tabatcise premix2 tabatas 1-2 plus core. That core was tough! I could not do all w/o modifying. My back hurt some and I just felt weak in my abs. :(

On another note, the last few days have not been too good: it started with Little K and B getting colds and coughs. Yesterday JTrain broke his upper arm at volleyball practice. Today CDawg threw up 2x, then JTrain threw up and then Little K woke and threw up too. it started around 5pm and lasted until I am starting to feel icky in my stomach now.

Hi girls! Today was drillmax for me-- man, that is a tough one, too! Also did some yoga and took bugsy for a walk in our mild-- temps in the 40s-- weather.

Ladylep-- so sorry for the injury and the sickies!! Hope you all are feeling better today!

Renee-- hope you are feeling better, too!

So glad it is a short work and school week this week!! Wishing these temps would stick around, but know they won't!

Be well,

Katie

Katie, I haven't done drill max in forever! And happy belated birthday!

Last night was rough. But now one has thrown up since 6am. Hopefully we have turned the corner. I just finished XTrain cbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hi girls! quick check in from me-- about to bring rik to his surgery appt. yikes! wondering what he will be like afterward! it may be a few tough days around here! anyway, this morning I was crunched for time so did LIS cardiosupersets. those mountain climbers still kill me! added on a bit of yoga. may have time to take bugsy for a walk this evening, but will depend on how it all goes.

ladylep-- I hope all the sickies have left your family! thanks for the bday wishes! yes, it had been a while since I had done DM, but wanted to pull it out as I know it's a good calorie burn.

renee-- hope you are doing well! how are your headaches?

better run!

peace,

katie

I have not done any exercise today either! Yesterday was not feeling well but was at work today my head was okay but since I have been really bad for over a week I have a ton of housework to do! So I had all day cleaning and closet cleaning changing bed sheets and everything! Then had to go to sprint, I was there for a few hours trying to get mine and hubby's phones upgraded.. Every Time I do that I end up there a long time there Internet always shuts done! It is irritating but they were nice and fun to talk to. But any way I got home 830! Still no exercise! I am hoping tomorrow morning I will start back up again. My whole head actually feels bruised and sore! Sometimes that happens but it's so strange I think!
Katie I am hoping DH is comfortable and he isn't to sore and he heals fast!
U both are really doing great on the workouts! Awesome! Love it

No wo for me today, I had planned on butt and guts but just didn't get it in. Little K started throwing up again this morning. But was able to have some toast. So I changed my whole thanksgiving from doing the whole turkey and some trimmings alone with some steaks and shrimp to no turkey and the only trimming was the stuffing that I bought.i added a steak and more shrimp. So all I have to do is grill steaks, in the freezing cold (snow storm coming tomorrow) warm up stuff and put together a Caesar salad. But now JTrain would like some kind of bird so Hubby may try to get a chicken tomorrow, if he can get out....

I have watched all the new DVD clips and am so excited! I'm not sure about the circuits...but Now i really need to get a set of 30s and singles of 35 and 40!!

Katie, hope the surgery went well!

LadyLep I hope little K gets better soon!
I love circuits!
Gosh I am cold now and it isn't snowing! I know I'd never make it there!

I finally did a light workout! I did low impact step the one with Cathe in a red shirt. 45 minutes I really like that one for doing a workout when u r just getting back into it again. It had pendulums and l steps over the top and lunges and a little of everything. Then I did some sculpting on the upper body not heavy just used 8 and 10 pounds so tomorrow I think I'll do a cardio like party rocking step and a lower body something. We will see

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.