Strength in Numbers

I forgot how bad GS Legs destroys my calves. I had horrible calf DOMS last night. I did ICE LIS 1 & 2 hoping that would ease them but I think it made them worse. I woke up this morning barely able to walk. I ended up spending a few minutes with my tiger tail rolling them out. Oh the pain but it helped and I can somewhat pass off a normal walking pattern now.

Pam Good for you for taking a weekend off and enjoying time with your family. It sounds like you had a great weekend. I hope we get the new workouts soon.

Cheryl Great job on ICE UBC and snow shoveling then YR on Sunday and 40/20 + abs w&p! I almost did 40/20 last night but that one tends to kill my calves to. I think it is the explosive running man.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job on ICE UB Circuit and snow shoveling. Also on YR, Hiit 40/20 and W&P abs! Glad to hear you should be getting a break from the snow and the shoveling for awhile. n of

Julie Oh yes, I was there with the calve DOMS from GS legs last week too. The worse is always when I get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and have forgotten about it. Ouch! I think you were smart for not doing 40/20 yet. Great job on ICE LIS 1&2. Hope the calves are feeling better soon!

This morning I did Circuit Max and the abs from LIC. I hadn't done that one in a long time and forgot how much I enjoy it. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie I hope that your calves are feeling better. You were smart not to do 40/20 the explosive running man would have did your calves in. Good for you in doing ICE LIS 1 & 2, sorry that it made your calf pain worse.

Pam Great job on Circuit Max and the abs from LIC. I haven't done that workout in a long time either.

This morning was Muscle Endurance. That one always gets me. A couple of weeks ago we had a new transit line open up and one of the new stations is just a couple of blocks from where we live. So I thought I would try it out and go to the mall. Wow it is so simple and I don't have to worry about all the traffic. It will make it very easy to get into the city as well. The mall was crazy busy so I was glad that I didn't have to fight for a parking space too.

Have a great day everyone.

Cheryl

Last night I did Live Circuit Works + Barre and Core! My calves were still upset with me but I made it through the workout. It was a good workout but I was pooped by the time we got to the second to last core move. My core is weak with most traditional core work anyway (imagine that since I don’t do it regularly).

Pam Great job on Circuit Max + LIC abs! Yes, getting up in the middle of the night with calf DOMS about brings me to my knees.

Cheryl Great job on ME! That is awesome that you have a quick and easy way to get into town now without having to drive or park. I hate driving and I don’t even live in a big city.

Have a great day!

Great job on ME, it is a tough one! I am so envious of your transit line. The thing I hate most about going to the mall this time of year is trying to find a parking spot. It would be so nice to not have to worry about it. We can't go anywhere without driving!

Julie Great job on Live Circuit Works + Barre and Core! I'm so proud of you for doing something with core in the title :D Glad you made it through with your screaming calves.

This morning I did Cardio Leg Blast. I like that one a lot and hadn't done it in awhile. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Great work in doing Live Circuit Works + Barre and Core with your upset calves. I don't mind driving but I do hate going to the mall at this time of the year and trying to find parking.

Pam It is great having this new transit line. We are so lucky in that everything is so close we don't even need to drive anywhere. Good job on Cardio Leg Blast. That is a fun one.

This morning was Rhythmic Step. I can't remember the last time I did that one but it was a lot of fun. It was another really cold day here again. I have to remember to bring the hummingbird feeder in every night because it freezes and then put it out again in the morning.

Cheryl

Last night I did AOLIH! We had a work Christmas party during the day. I think the pasta and cheesecake and activities afterwards wore me out because I was struggling through some of the workout. I cannot wait for the holidays to be over. I think all the junky food and cold weather is causing my energy to dip down low.

Pam Great job on CLB! I know it is crazy I did Barre and Core! There must be something wrong with me!

Cheryl Great job on RS! I can’t remember the last time I did that one either. I love that you have hummingbirds. I’m not sure I have ever seen one where I live.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job on Rhythmic step. I think that workout will always be one of my all time favorites. Our weather is like a big roller coaster. it's not going to get out of the 30s today and we are supposed to have an overnight low in the teens, but it is supposed to be in the 70s on Sunday! I wish that would last, but I don't think it's supposed to :mad:.

Julie Great job on AOLIH! Ugh, those work Christmas parties can be killers from a food standpoint. I am missing ours today because I have a meeting straight through the time and I'm not sorry about that! QUOTE="jldx2in2000, post: 2385695, member: 115337"]Last night I did AOLIH! We had a work Christmas party during the day.

This morning I did tabatacise and made it through the whole thing with no extra pauses. You just never know how that one is going to go before you get into it! Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Way to go on AOLIH. I bet the pasta and cheesecake had a lot to do with you not having the energy for the workout. I sure don't miss all the Christmas parties and all the food that goes with it.

Pam Wow your weather sure is a big roller coaster. That is a huge temperature difference. Good work on Tabatacise and making it through without pausing.

This morning I did RWH Hiit Lower Body Circuit. I found that one really tough this morning. Then I got some Christmas baking done.

Cheryl

Last night I did the Live from yesterday Chiseled Legs and Abs. I actually did core work again and it wasn’t that bad. I think it is because Cathe mixed things up and I didn’t feel like we were doing a gazillion reps of anything. It was a good workout. So happy it is the weekend although we are supposed to get nasty weather (ice and snow and more ice) on Saturday. I don’t have any plans to go out and think I might stay in and make holiday goodies!

Pam Great job on Tabatacise with no extra rest. That always makes me feel like superwoman. You are so right though some days you rock it and some days it is a struggle.

Cheryl Great job on RWH LBC! I think that is a tough workout moving from blasts to moderate weight.

Have a great weekend!

Cheryl Yep, big time roller coaster weather here! It's just crazy. It is cold this morning, but it doesn't feel too bad because there isn't any wind. Great job on RWH LBC and getting some Christmas baking done. I haven't done any of that yet.

Julie reat job on Chiseled Legs and Abs, I thought that one sounded like it would be good. I like some of the mixes that mix abs in throughout the workout so that you don't feel like you are doing endless abs. Oh boy, your Saturday sounds miserable, it sounds like you have the right plan for the day.

This morning I did RWH Circuit upper body with bonus abs 2. It was just what I needed this morning. I can't believe Christmas is only a week away! I am not ready at all. I am going to have to kick into shopping mode! Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Great job on Live Chiseled Legs and Abs. Your weather sounds as bad as ours is supposed to be this weekend. Good choice in staying in and doing Christmas baking.

Pam Good work on RWH Circuit Upper Body and bonus abs 2.

This morning was to be steady state cardio so I did ICE LIS #1. I got a late start and wanted to get some housework and laundry done today so I kept the workout short.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Cheryl

What another fast weekend. Saturday I did Party Rockin Step 2 since Cheryl is always talking about that one. I actually did better than I thought I would and only had a little trouble. After that it was cleaning and holiday baking. Sunday I did a heavy weight lifting workout and then it was a little bit of lazy mixed in with finishing up some holiday prep work and wrapping presents.

Pam Great job on RWH CUB + bonus abs 2! The live Chiseled Legs and Abs didn’t mix the abs in. I have yet to try those premixes that way but I bet someone like me who doesn’t like ab work would probably like it that way.

Cheryl Great job on ICE LIS 1! It was super cold this weekend. DH and I did have to go out and get some things though that I needed for baking. Even with all my planning I still forgot a few important things when I did the shopping on Friday.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job on ICE LIS 1 even though you got a late start.

Julie Great job on PRS 2, cleaning, and baking. I haven't done any baking yet! Great job on your heavy lifting and holiday prep on Sunday too.

Saturday morning I did To the Max and then spent the day getting ready for the golf Christmas part that we had that night. We usually have all of DHs golf buddies and their wives over for a Christmas party. We didn't do it last year so this year we did, but we didn't invite as many people. Sunday was my rest day I did some Christmas shopping and had a pedicure. My toes were a mess but I finally have both of my real nails again on my big toes. This is the first time in about 3 years! They are pretty short, but they are there. Last night I also sold my sisters exercise bike that I had on Craigs list. The only thing I have left to get rid of from my moms house now is her dining room set. I've had that on Craigs list for awhile and haven't had any interest, so if it doesn't sell I'm going to donate it. The contractor started working over there last week too, so things are coming along! This morning I decided to start Cathe's December rotation since I haven't seen anything more about the new workouts, so it was 30/30 and stability ball abs. Only 2.5 days of work for me this week, then I'm off until January!! :D Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Way to go on PRS #2. Yep that is one of my favorite workouts. I think that one is on tap for me on Wednesday. Good work on your heavy weight lifting workouts and your little bit of laziness. I hate it when you plan things and then forget some of the things that you need. It happens to me every once in a while too.

Pam Good job on TTM. I hope you had fun at your Christmas golf party. Ummm what happened to the nails on your big toes? I am glad that things are coming together at your mom's house. Hopefully you can sell her dining room set. Great work on 30/30 and stability ball abs. I saw that they did receive the new DVDs and should have them all in the mail by late tomorrow. You should probably have yours by the weekend.

So Saturday I did Pyramid Upper Body and then I did some snow shoveling. In the afternoon I went for a walk because it had stopped snowing. I couldn't walk as fast as I usually do because of all the ice but it was nice to get out and get some fresh air. Sunday I did a lot of snow shoveling again and I went down to our local farmers market to get some veges. This morning was Hiit DWP and Yoga Abs. And you guessed it more snow shoveling :eek:. Though I think this is the last of it for a while, which I am very happy about since we are running out of room to put it.

Cheryl

I'm sorry for being MIA! AGAIN! I'm getting ready for Christmas and making all kinds of things. Haven't had time to workout. The day after Christmas I plan on doing normal things, like workout, eat healthy and nutritious foods...

You all keep going like the bunny rabbit. You keep going and going. Very proud of you.

Will be even more busy now that Christmas is only days away. Will talk and be better when it's all over.

All I want for Christmas is normalcy.

Love you all and wish you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

I'll be back on after Christmas.

Janie

Last night I ended up working a little late and then did Christmas shopping so no workout for me. I did see I got a shipping notice for the new DVDs. So excited. I don’t know if they will get here before Christmas but that is ok.

Pam Great job on TTM! I was curious what you meant about a golf party. I knew it was warmer where you live but I was going to be impressed if you went golfing a week before Christmas. Great job on 30/30 and sb abs! You lucky duck taking so much time off. I am working until Thursday of this week and then 3 days next week. I’m hoping it will be quiet and I can get a lot done.

Cheryl Great job on PUB and shoveling! How nice to be able to go for a walk. So far it is staying frigid here and I don’t dare brave the elements more than I have to. I didn’t know they had farmers markets in the winter. Great job on DWP and yoga abs! You have gotten your fair share of snow. Hopefully it is the last of it.

Janie No worries again on being MIA! This time of the year is hard to keep going with everything there is to do. Merry Christmas to you and yours and Happy New Year too!

Have a great day!

Cheryl Yes, the golf party was fun. I lost my big toes nails from jamming them. Once when we were snow skiing and one when we did the Krispy Kreme challenge, but they have taken a very long time to grow back. I think I may have had them grow back and then lost them again o_O I'll see how long they last this time! I did see that about the DVDs right after I posted yesterday! I can hardly wait! :D Great job on PUB and all of your snow shoveling. That is really really tought work! Great job on Hiit DWP and yoga abs combined with even more shoveling! It sounds like you have been getting a ton of snow!!

Janie
No worries about being MIA. I hope that you get your normalcy back for Christmas! Try to get some relaxation in and enkjoy yourself and don't get too stressed out!!

Julie
How exciting that you got a shipping notice for the new DVDs! I didn't get one, but I usually don't for some reason. They just show up. Maybe it's because of the shipping option that I choose! I guess I should call it a golfer party instead of a golf party. My DH did play golf on Saturday thought. It was in the 70s here on Sunday but then in the 30s yesterday :confused: It's supposed to be in the 50s the rest of the week, so not too bad. That is the one good thing about working around the holidays, it tends to be quiet!

This morning was Muscle Max for me. I like that there aren't a crazy number of pushups in that one. My abs weren't very happy though after doing stability ball abs yesterday! Have a great day everyone!

Pam

Janie Don't worry about being MIA. I hope you get your Christmas wish and get back to normalcy. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too.

Julie I hope you get them before Christmas. They have got all the orders either shipped or ready to mail. It is nice to have a Winter Farmers Market. Along with the winter vegetables they also have a lot of crafts too.

Pam Toe nails can take a lot of time to grow back. Hopefully you don't lose them again. We have gotten quite a bit of snow but we are getting a bit of a break. I would prefer the weather that you are getting though. Great work on Muscle Max.

This morning was Power Hour. I can't remember the last time that I did that one. My muscles were feeling it at the end after all the reps. I got a shipping notice too :). I don't usually get one but now it will be easy to see where it is and how long it will get stuck in customs.

Cheryl

Last night I did RWH Circuit Upper Body! So I saw a meme the other day that said sharing a bed with a boxer is like sleeping with a drunk octopus looking for its keys. Ozzie has certainly lived up to that the last couple of nights. He sleeps all over the place. Sometimes his legs will be on me, sometimes they are straight up in the air. Sometimes his body is contorted into a position I can’t even figure out how he got there. Anyway, long way of saying that meme made me understand why I am always so tired: I am sleeping with a drunk octopus!

Pam Great job on MM! If I remember right, MM has quite the ab section so I am sure your abs were talking to you after two toughies in a row. That is weird that not everyone gets a shipping notice but what matters most is that you get the DVDs. So far mine are supposed to be here Saturday.

Cheryl Great job on PH! I love getting my tracking number. I stalk my packages like crazy until they are in my hands. But I do get so frustrated when I see they haven’t moved in a day. Here’s to hoping a speedy customs departure.

Have a great day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.