Strength in Numbers

Last night I did my Lift Weights Faster workout. I’m still learning the overhead squat but I think I know what I am doing wrong. I need to practice more with locking my shoulders and elbows out and really pushing my arms back when they are overhead. I was happy my cut was healing pretty well and stood up to me being able to do weights.

Janie Yum! I love seafood. It is the only meat I eat and crab is so yummy! You are so nice to share with your neighbor.

Cheryl Great job on XT CBS and dragon boating and LBB with more dragon boating! It sounds like you have really got the hang of this retirement thing. Working out, getting errands done and enjoying life with the things you love.

Have a great day!

Janie Great job on CUB and Icy core and your long walk! I saw the picture of your crab on FB. Looks like he isn't resting comfortably in a bucket anymore, now he is resting comfortably in your tummy!

Julie Great job on YR. Sorry to hear about your cut, that is so easy to do. I got a special avocado tool which is great for getting the pits out without the hazard! My SIL had to get stitches last summer in her hand from that same thing! I hope yours is doing better!

Janie What kind of crabs are you catching? They look like they are pretty big. What fun!

Cheryl Well we wouldn't like skiing if there are a lot of boats. We are pretty spoiled now with our little lake with no other boats! Great job on Xtrain CBS. LBB and all of your dragon boating!

This morning was Xtrain Disc 2 Biceps and Triceps and I added Core 2. I think my biceps are going to be sore tomorrow as I am already feeling it. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Good job on your Lift Weights Faster workout. I am glad that your hand is doing better and you could still do your workout. I think the overhead squats would take some practice but it sounds like you know what you need to work on. It seems like I have no time to work now. I am really enjoying this thing called retirement.

Pam Way to go on XTrain Bis and Tris and core 2.

I did XTrain Bis and Tris as well this morning. Then I did some housework and then I decided to take it easy and catch up on some shows that I had PVR'd.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Last night I did Live Icy Bootcamp. It was a good workout but not that tough or long. It would be a good one to do when I am not feeling like an intense workout. It was weird though because it was Christmas Eve when it was taped so everyone was dressed up in Christmas outfits.

Pam Great job on XT Bis & Tris + Core 2! My biceps get sore pretty easy so I figure they are weak. I wish my triceps got sore because I think they need to grow. I’ll have to look for a tool. Last night I used a spoon to get the pit out and it was alright but took some of the fleshy, meaty part with it.

Cheryl Great job on XT Bis & Tris plus housework! Sounds like the perfect day with catching up on TV shows. So glad you are enjoying retirement.

Have a great weekend!

Julie Looks like I missed your post yesterday. I'm glad that your cut was healing well and you were able to do your weight. Great job on LWF. The overhead squat sound intense!

Cheryl Great job on XTrain Bis and Tris and housework.

Julie Great job on Live Icy Bootcamp. I feel that way about the ICE Bootcamp dvd too, it just doesn't feel like much of a challenge. THat would be strange seeing everyone in Christmas outfits! :oops: Yep, you don't want to waste any of that good avocado flesh!!

This morning I did RWH Plyo Hiit 2. I was supposed to do NE abs too, but since I did core yesterday I decided to skip it. We are headed to the beach for the weekend, but it looks like it is going to be crummy weather. Hopefully we'll get some good beach time in. Have a great weekend!

Pam

Thurs. was Metabolic Total Body and today was To The Mat: Legs & Glutes. Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Went to the marina and got about 20 sea bass carcasses. I am now making fish broth. Best in the world. Our Pacific ocean where I live has the best seafood, meaning no chemicals, no iodine, mercury... Can't do better than this, and all free. I'm still crabbing and got a really big one this morning. Nummy.

Pam, Great job on RWH Plyo HiiT 2. Enjoy the beach this weekend, hoping you have good weather.

Julie, Great j job on Live Icy Bootcamp. Hmmmm. Wired is right, about everyone dressing up in Christmas outfits.

Cheryl, Great job on XTrain Bis and Tris, plus housework. And most importantly, resting.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Last edited:
Julie Way to go on Live Icy Bootcamp. Too funny that they were all dressed up in Christmas outfits.

Pam Good job on RWH Plyo Hiit 2. Enjoy your weekend at the beach, I hope your weather isn't too crummy.

Janie Good job on Metabolic Total Body and To The Mat Legs & Glutes. Your fish broth sounds yummy.

So Friday was RWH Plyo Hiit 2 and NE abs. That night we went out for dinner as it was my brother's 50th birthday. Saturday I was going to do Great Glutes but DH got up early and wanted to go to a garage sale. I thought I might be able to fit it in later but it never did happen. Today I got up really late so I didn't get my yoga in either :oops:. Oh well I will be back at it tomorrow.

I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Cheryl

Wow this weekend flew by. Saturday I did my Strength Training for Fat Loss workout. Still loving this workout. After that DH and I cleaned out the garage, his workshop, and the shed. Our town is having a spring clean-up day where they will pick up all the big junk on Wednesday. There have already been people coming by and taking things (like metal they can scrap). Sunday was Live Low Impact HiiT Circuit. It was a good workout. Kind of like RWH CUB but the hiit came first followed by the weights. Then it was laundry and relaxing.

Pam Great job on RWH Plyo Hiit 2! I hope you had good weather for your beach weekend.

Janie Great job on MTB and TTM! I love seafood and am really jealous of those who live on the coast and get the good stuff. Eat it up and enjoy it. I got my pendant on Friday. It is so much more beautiful in person than I imagine. I am wearing it today!

Cheryl Great job on RWH Plyo Hiit 2 + NE abs! You have been doing fabulous with your workouts plus with the dragon boating you sometimes get two workouts in a day. You deserved a rest weekend!

Have a great day!

Did Rock'm Sock'm Kickbox today. I'm really liking these ICE workouts.

Julie, Great job on Sat Strength Training for Fat Loss workout. And the cleaning up ghe garage, workshop and she. Whew! Hmmm, the neighborhood Spring clean up day? That is so cool. Maybe we can have something like that here. Will look into that. Great job on SUN for doing Live Low Impact Hiit Circuit. Then laundry too? You go girl! Enjoy relaxing, you deserve it. I'm so pleased you are enjoying the pendant.

Cheryl, It's so nice being close to fresh free food and getting it yourself. Fun! Great job on RWH Plyo Hiit 2 and NE Abs. Nice to celebrate family birthday's. The big ONE! Sometimes life is that way, you'll catch up on your exercises. Enjoy.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Janie Great job on MTB and TTM legs and Glutes! That is great that you can go get fish carcasses for your broth. I just love fresh seafood! So cool that you got another big crab too!

Cheryl Great job on RWH Plyo 2 and NE abs. I didn't get my official workouts in over the weekend either. It happens sometimes.

Julie Great job on STfFL, it's so nice when you love your workout! It sounds like you had a double or even triple workout with all of that cleaning too.That is nice that they will come and pick the stuff up. Great job on LLI Hiit too, it sounds like fun!

Janie Great job on RSK!

We had a great time at the beach and did get some nice weather. Saturday morning I did a 3 mile run and it started raining right when I got back, so we went out and did some shopping. By the time we got back the sun was out so we headed to the beach and went for a long walk. That afternoon was sunny and warm all afternoon. Sunday was pretty similar, but it was quite a bit cooler in the morning. We did get out on the beach around noon and then it was hot and sunny for the afternoon. This morning I did LIS LIC. I really don't care for that one, no matter how many times I do it. There are just too many moves that feel awkward and don't flow for me so I think I will have to sub that one out the next time it comes up on the rotation. Hope everyone is having a great Monday!

Pam

Julie Good job on Strength Training for Fat Loss. It is nice to find a workout that you really enjoy doing. I bet it felt nice getting the garage, workshop and shed all cleaned out. It is so nice to have all the big junk taken away too. Good work on Live Low Impact HiiT Circuit and your laundry.

Janie Good work on ICE Rock'm Sock'm Kickbox. I love living by the ocean too.

Pam I am glad that you had a great time at the beach. Way to go on LIS LIC.

Low Impact Challenge was on tap for me as well this morning. I actually don't mind that one now that I have done it a few times. Then in the afternoon I went out for a walk. It wasn't that nice out but I didn't want to sit around inside.

Have a great day everyone.

Cheryl

Last night was Live Athletic Training. It was set up very similar to the DVD. Actually the cardio step portion was exactly the same and some of the leg/upper combos were the same but there was also some different moves too.

Janie Great job on RSK! The ICE series is a good one. The Spring cleanup days are nice because they take things they normally wouldn’t on regular garbage days.

Pam Great job on your beach run! I’m so glad you had some nice weather. Great job on LIS LIC even though you don’t like it! I have only done it once and felt it was awkward without a good flow too.

Cheryl Great job on LIC! I was dreading cleaning out the garage but you are right it felt nice once it was done.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job on LIC LIS and getting a walk in despite the weather!

Julie Great job on Live AT. It like AT so sounds like I would like the live version too.

This morning was ICE Chiseled upper body and I added Icy core 2. I'm pretty sure this was the first time I did this one. I went up on most of the weights, but still was wishing for more of a burn. I did get an extra challenge though because Fritz kept trying to walk under me while I was doing push ups. o_O Crazy cat! Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Good job on Live Athletic Training. I haven't done the DVD version for a long time.

Pam Good job on ICE Chiseled Upper Body and Icy Core 2. I like the workout and you are right there isn't much of the burn but I like the different moves in it. Too funny about Fritz, he was just keeping you accountable with your push ups :).

I did the same workout as Pam this morning but I tacked on Icy Core 1 instead. I will be going dragon boating tonight and probably out for a beer with the team so I wanted to make sure I checked in now as I will probably get home late tonight.

Cheryl

Last night DH and I took Ozzie for a walk. I was going to do yoga or stretching afterwards but DH wanted me to go with him to check out a truck. We spent 30 minutes driving to where it was only to get there and it was gone so we came back home.

Pam Great job on ICE CUB + Icy Core 2! Fritz was like your personal trainer today making sure you were paying attention while doing pushups! How nice of him.

Cheryl Great job on ICE CUB + Icy Core 1! Hope you had a great time dragon boating and hanging with your team.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job on CUB+Icy core 1. I hope you had fun dragon boating!

Julie Oh what a bummer driving all that way only to find out the truck wasn't there. At least you got a walk in first!

This morning was XTrain Cardio Leg blast which is always fun. Today my person trainer Fritz was hanging out under the step until I started using it, then he went high-tailing away :D. Happy hump day!

Pam

Julie Too bad about the truck being gone and missing your yoga but at least you got your walk in.

Pam Good job on XTrain Cardio Leg Blast. Tango likes to hang out under my step sometimes too. He also high-tails it when I start to use it.

Dragon boating was a lot of fun last night and so was going out for a beer with the group. I just got back from dragon boating again tonight, Wednesdays are just just a drop in. Tuesdays are our team night. This morning was XTrain Cardio Leg Blast for me as well.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Last night I did Lift Weights Faster with overhead squats. I think I am getting better form with these. Gotta keep working on it.

Pam Great job on XT CLB! Yes that one is always a fun one to do. Oh that is too funny about Fritz. He probably didn’t like the sound it made in his new found cave.

Cheryl Great job on dragon boating and XT CLB! We have been trying to go for walks as much as possible. Last night it was just too windy though.

Have a great day!

Cheryl I am envious of your dragon boating, it really sounds like a great time. So glad you are enjoying it. Great job on CLB too!

Julie Great job on LWF, nice to hear that you are getting better at the overhead squats.

This morning was supposed to be ICE Metabolic Total Body, but I decided I wanted something more intense so I did To the Max instead. It was a nice, sweaty time! This morning I got kisses and rubs on my face while I was doing downward dog during the stretch :D. Have a great day everyone!

Pam

Had my crab pot stolen and needed to do all the things I need to do to report it. Also was trying very hard to get attention to the proper authority to save a distressed seal pup. Both government oriented and very very hard to do. They make it literally impossible to talk to. YOU CAN'T! But with help from my friends I was able to get these things done. So, being stressed out to the point of crying, I did not do my workouts. Will have to start all over again on Monday. I need a break... Preparing for 9 loaves of sourdough bread to bake tomorrow. Nice for a change.

Pam, Great job on To The Max. I like the sweat too.

Julie, Great job on improving overhead squats with Lift Weights Faster. Proud of you.

Cheryl, I'm also envious of you dragon boating. It's got to be so much fun! Great job on that and XTrain Cardio Leg Blast.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.